The Winery at Bull Run Reviews

The Winery at Bull Run 7
  • Josh

Dina El Sayed · Married on 07/19/2019

Amazing Day!

Everything from the initial email, meeting, walkthrough to all the in-between communications, to the final day; everything was just handled professionally and with poise. I cannot recommend this place enough to anyone wanted to have their big day at this venue. Every guests of ours were excited to celebrate with us at this winery and enjoy some amazing wines on top of it. Huge shout out to Meredith and her team for making our big day splendid and a blast.

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Aryelle

Aryelle Young · Married on 06/28/2019

Beautiful Venue

The Winery at Bull Run is a gorgeous venue in the NOVA area. With options for indoor or outdoor ceremonies, you can definitely find what suits you and make it work. I think this venue is especially great for having the ceremony and reception all in one place, which is convenient if you have a lot of family from out of town coming in. They also partner with some local hotels so that you can get discounted room blocks and arrange for shuttle service for your guests. Meredith and Amanda are wonderful to work with, very knowledgeable of the wine and winery while also being relaxing (which is nice when you consider all the stress of wedding planning). With a good selection of wines to pick from, your guests will definitely be able to find something they enjoy drinking. Overall, a wonderful venue with gorgeous surroundings and a fantastic staff.

Sent on 07/16/2019
    The Winery at Bull Run 8

The Winery at Bull Run's reply:

Hi Aryelle, thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! We are so glad we could be the beautiful backdrop for your wedding, and that our special events staff took such good care of you. We hope to see you back again soon, cheers!
  • Pamela

Pamela Serino (Serino/elliott Wedding) · Married on 05/26/2019

Beyond what I had expected .

Meredith Hill at Winery at Bull Run was an excellent coordinator and took care of every detail before during and after the wedding. Even when I was running late as mother of the bride she hopped in my car and drove around the back to unload it so that I could rush in to do photos with my daughter. The Winery works closely with many caterers and knew exactly what to do to meet our expectations. Meredith apparently had a tremendous amount of experience in dealing with high stress situations and taking dreams and making them a reality. We essentially did not have to worry about anything on the day of the event because all the details had been addressed prior and they just executed them.

Sent on 06/10/2019

The Winery at Bull Run's reply:

Hi Pamela, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience on your daughter’s wedding day. We could not be happier that the wedding day went the way you and your daughter had hoped and that Meredith helped it go so smoothly. Thank you for celebrating your special day with us, we hope to see you back again soon, cheers!

Laura · Married on 12/30/2018

Truly Exceptional Coordinating Team

Amanda and her team at the winery are truly exceptional. Our wedding ran so smoothly and all our decorations they set up were even more perfect than we could have imagined! They were incredible to work with and we enjoyed every moment of our wedding without any worry!

Sent on 01/23/2019
    The Winery at Bull Run 9

plutzik robbins wedding guest list · Married on 07/07/2018

My daughter was recently married at The Winery at Bull Run on July 7, 2018. It was perfect. The scenery is so beautiful and the atmosphere created by all of the vendors was like a fairytale!! All of our guests could not stop talking about how amazing it was. We highly recommend this venue and its staff. Such a wonderful experience. We are so glad that we chose them!

Sent on 08/01/2018

The Winery at Bull Run's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this nice review! We are delighted we could be the perfect backdrop to your daughter's wedding day, and that your guests had such a nice time! On behalf of our event management staff, we are thrilled we could help make this day run as smoothly as possible for you and all your guests. Looking forward to seeing you all back again soon, cheers!

Veronica · Married on 05/28/2018

I had my wedding at Bull Run and it was everything I could have dreamed of. Everyone had such a great time. I still have my guest telling me how great our day was.

Sent on 06/12/2018

The Winery at Bull Run's reply:

Hi Veronica, thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review! We are thrilled to hear you had an amazing wedding day at our venue, and that our special events team helped make it so special for you and your husband. We hope to see you both back again soon, cheers!

Kelsey · Married on 04/28/2018

From start to finish, the team at BRW was amazing, especially Sarah and Amanda! They are accommodating, responsive, thorough, and helpful. From start to finish the day was perfect!! Our ceremony was set up and the winery staff did a great job of keeping the public at bay since the winery was still open! Once the winery closed the staff and caterers turned the tasting room in to our dream reception hall!! They even had heaters outside for our patio tables!

Amanda and Sarah were amazing to work with - from dropping off decor and alcohol early to picking it up a day or so later, they literally took care of everything for us! Our day was perfect - these girls are rockstars!

Sent on 05/10/2018

lucas · Married on 11/18/2017

The Winery at Bull Run staff were a pleasure to work with, particularly the day-of coordinators, who ensured everything flowed smoothly and according to plan. The setting was beautiful and we would recommend the venue!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Christine · Married on 11/11/2017

I booked my wedding at The Winery at Bull Run, which was obviously the most special day of my life! When meeting with Eddie and Paige in the Sales Department, all of my questions and concerns were immediately answered - and I had a lot of questions! They were very detailed and informative during the tour and throughout the presentation of the winery - I loved the rustic spaces. The wine-bar staff were incredibly friendly and the wine was delicious. We did our tasting with Caitlyn, who was very nice and seemed to be as excited about our wedding as we were. As an added bonus, the winery has a partnership with nearby hotels who offered discounted room blocks for our guests, as well as a complimentary shuttle for their safety and convenience.

As our wedding day got closer, we worked closely with the event team, Amanda and Sarah. They were very enthusiastic about every aspect of our special day. In addition, they brought us in for a pre-wedding meeting to go over logistics and final details with our vendors. I felt very relieved after this meeting, knowing the winery had our best interest in mind. On the wedding day, the event team was the first to arrive to set up. We were comforted that they were on top of everything and that our family could relax and enjoy our special day. We loved every minute of our wedding thanks to the winery's beautiful setting and amazing staff. I highly recommend booking your wedding or special event at The Winery at Bull Run!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/20/2017

My husband and I got married this past October. The day could not have gone any better. I was expecting something to go wrong but everything went off without a hitch. The day of coordinator, Amanda, and her team did a fantastic job with making sure everything went smoothly. They were able to take my ideas of how I wanted the day to be and make them even better. Thanks so much for making our wedding day absolutely AMAZING!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Morgan · Married on 10/08/2017

The Winery at Bull Run was a fantastic place to host our wedding! The staff was very attentive and made sure everything went according to plan so that the bride and groom could enjoy the evening and the fabulous wine. The event manager coordinated the band, caterer, decor, wedding party, and guests on site, all giving to a wonderful evening.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Ana Maria · Married on 10/07/2017

The Winery at Bull Run is an incredibly beautiful venue. Amanda, the event coordinator who helped us was accommodating, sweet, amazing and a great person and she helped us be happy and comfortable during our event. I highly recommend the winery as a venue for your wedding, and look forward to visiting and remembering our magical time many more times.

Sent on 11/01/2017
    The Winery at Bull Run 10

Annie · Married on 09/16/2017

We chose the Winery at Bull Run because of how beautiful the venue was, but we were more blown away by the service of the staff there. Sarah and Amanda were such a huge help for our wedding day that I don't even think I stressed out about how everything was going to turn out on the day of there. They were on top of every detail, easily accessible through email and so, so kind and helpful all throughout the planning process and on the day of. All our guests loved the winery and staff and we're beyond satisfied that we chose this venue. The space was more than accommodating to the number of guests we had. The wine was great. It was a perfect night and the staff at the winery helped make it happen!!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Katherine · Married on 09/09/2017

Bull Run was such a joy to work with. We visited 10+ venues before we got to Bull Run and as soon as we met the staff and stepped on site, we knew it was where we had to get married. Amanda and Sarah were so helpful during the entire wedding planning process. Even though they were only meant to help with day of coordination, both answered every email and question I had leading up to our big day (and trust me I had a ton!). Everything went smoothly and we couldn't have asked for a better night and place to celebrate. Pro tip, if you want to take first look photos, the Stone Bridge down near the entrance is beautiful! The best perk that we enjoyed was having the hotel already pre-negotiated. Our guests enjoyed that the hotel was close by and very convenient. Thank you for an amazing wedding experience, the winery has definitely become our favorite in the area!

Sent on 10/31/2017
    The Winery at Bull Run 15
    The Winery at Bull Run 16
    The Winery at Bull Run 17

Angela · Married on 07/15/2017

The Winery at Bull Run was an awesome venue! The staff there are true professionals who run a tight ship and know how to pull off exactly what needs to happen. Our guests loved exploring the beautiful grounds, and everyone commented on how special the venue felt. This is a 5-star venue, no doubt. A couple tips for couples getting married at the Winery: 1) I’d suggest going to “watch” a wedding a few weeks before your wedding. We did so, observing how things were arriving and getting set up, how the pictures were going, and then the ceremony itself (from behind the platform!). It made me feel so much more confident and clear about how it all worked, and also gave us a good picture of how we wanted to schedule our day. 2) I’d suggest double checking the details on things like your processional order. You write everything down on a questionnaire, but it’s good to double check that it was all clear and that you are on the same page as the venue’s event coordinator.

Sent on 08/31/2017

Kathy · Married on 07/08/2017

We could not have been happier with The Winery at Bull Run as the venue for our wedding! Our guests are still talking about the beautiful grounds, the excellent sangria and what an amazing time they had. Amanda Turner, our event manager, and her staff were a joy to work with, and it was wonderful to know they had everything under control on the day of our wedding so we could just enjoy ourselves! They also coordinated very well with our other vendors to give the event a seamless feel. I was a little concerned about the winery being open to the public during our event, but as other reviewers have stated the winery staff did a wonderful job of managing crowd control during the ceremony and cocktail hour and it was absolutely not an issue. The patrons were also friendly and polite, and they even cheered for me as I came through the tasting room to take photos! This isn't really a negative, but be advised that there isn't much room for getting ready at the winery before the wedding - while they do have a small space, we got ready at our hotel before arriving and it worked out better for our party of four. I'm sure they have that in the plans for the future! Overall, it was an amazing place for our wedding, and we'd definitely choose it again!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Meredith-Anne · Married on 06/17/2017

We just had our wedding and reception at the Winery at Bull Run. Amanda and her team were simply outstanding from start to finish. We could not ask for more.

Sent on 07/02/2017
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 05/20/2017

Amanda and her team made the entire wedding planning process so easy! I am so happy with how organized everything was day of. They are a well oiled machine! I couldn't have imagined the day being any better!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Liz · Married on 04/30/2017

Great place to have your wedding. When you book a wedding here, you get a day of event coordinator. Amanda was ours and she was amazing. I highly recommend taking advantage of their brunch wedding option. Our guests loved the brunch food. Also, we were able to have the ceremony before the winery opened to the public. The outdoor pictures couldn't be more beautiful.

Sent on 06/17/2017

Tawnya · Married on 02/18/2017

Having our wedding at the Bull Run Winery was a great decision! The grounds are beautiful and the tasting room is perfect for a wedding reception. What I loved about it (besides the wine which is probably my favorite VA wine) is you do not need a lot of extra decor. Because they have twinkle lights and display cases with civil war stuff, it has more visual interest than your average venue. We picked February for a few reasons, but mainly because the venue fee was HALF what it is in the peak season and *usually* the winery is all but empty on a winter day. This winery's popularity has exploded in recent years, so a nice day means the grounds, tasting room, etc. are crawling with people. What we did not expect, in Feb, was for it to be a sunny 70 degree day, so we did, in fact, have to deal with the crowds. Now the winery does a fairly good job at helping you pull this thing off with so many people, but I was not prepared for the hordes of winery guests that were milling about everywhere that I wanted to get a decent picture. If you do get married here, just prepare yourself. We still managed to get some nice pictures, but it was chaos. The good part about the full winery is that after our ceremony ended, and our guests clapped, the whole winery erupted into cheers and clapping - I wasn't expecting that either, but they did it and it was very memorable. In the end, we were super thankful for the nice weather even if we weren't planning on the crowds. A few other things to know: do not get dressed at the winery. They're "small dressing room" is an office full of stuff. Make sure someone is keeping track of time - our reception started late bc of one winery guest who would not leave the bar upstairs, so my maids intervened. Bring shoes to stand in and shoes to walk in - gravel will be your nemesis no matter how sensible your bridal footwear seems. Amanda was our D.O. coordinator and did a great job!

Sent on 03/25/2017

Ashley · Married on 11/05/2016

The Winery at Bull Run was nothing short of spectacular for my wedding! From the minute I emailed them, Paige responded right away and was very helpful throughout the process. Amanda and Eddie are absolutely INCREDIBLE and made the process of planning a wedding actually easy! The day of the wedding was amazing and Amanda and Eddie were on standby for whatever I needed. Thanks to them, everything went off even better then planned. The winery itself is gorgeous! I used the barrel room as we had a 55 person wedding - it was beautiful! You can't beat the price for this winery. My husband and I looked from Rhode Island to Virginia - the minute we stepped foot onto the property, we were sold. Thanks to everyone at TWABR!!!!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Stefanie · Married on 10/09/2016

We had the opportunity to work with Amanda at the Winery at Bull Run and couldn't be happier with how our wedding turned out. Amanda was always on hand to answer any questions I had (I had a lot!) and was very warm and professional. On the big day, huge wind gusts threatened everything from our signs and flower arrangements to the wine blending ceremony we had prepared, Amanda was out at the Hillwood ruins taping everything down to make sure that everything was still the way we wanted it, talk about going above and beyond. We were married on the ruinis, had cocktail hour in the barrel room and the reception in the tasting room. Each area was more gorgeous than the last. This venue was beautiful and well worth the cost.

Sent on 10/28/2016

stefany · Married on 09/24/2016

Absolutely loved out wedding at WABR. It is a bit pricey but it is just the most beautiful setting. You honestly don't need to do any further decorating of your own because the place is so pretty as is. Wine was delicious. Staff was great. They were easy to work with and I would definitely recommend to others.

Sent on 10/08/2016

Sarah · Married on 08/06/2016

We were married at the Winery at Bull Run on August 6, 2016 and had about 90 guests. We felt like VIP's from our first visit almost a year ago to the last second of the reception! We absolutely love WABR's wine, and I think we must have gotten at least 3 different complimentary tastings before our wedding. Throughout the planning process Amanda was extremely responsive to any of my (numerous) questions and concerns. On the day of the wedding I was absolutely amazed by the attentiveness of all the winery staff and how smoothly everything went. Our ceremony on the Hillwood Ruins was beautiful, luckily the weather worked out in our favor (but you can use the barrel room as your alternate location in case of rain). Our guests enjoyed cocktail hour in the barrel room while we took photos around the winery grounds and in the vineyard. The tasting room was perfect for our rustic theme and number of guests. I didn't take off any stars for this but the only thing I would give any criticism about is the office space they allow you to get ready in with your bridesmaids/mother/beauty team - it is very cramped and we had barely enough room to put our dresses on (4 bridesmaids, my mom, myself, plus my hair/makeup girls, my photographer, and my officiant were in there at one point). We made it work though and I absolutely do not regret my choice to have my wedding there! Luckily my husband and I live less than 10 minutes away so we plan on returning frequently to enjoy the beautiful grounds and delicious wine. I highly recommend this venue, especially if you have a rustic theme and love wine!

Sarah & Andrew P.