The Windmill Winery Reviews

The Windmill Winery 7
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 02/01/2019

Amazing!!!!

The windmill winery is absolutely beautiful! We just had our wedding there on February 1, 2019 in the big barn, our day was absolutely perfect! the staff at the windmill winery are amazing and very helpful and quick to respond! We had so many compliments on the day of our wedding about how beautiful our venue was and how unique it is. I highly recommend checking out the windmill winery when looking for a wedding venue!

The Windmill Winery 8
    The Windmill Winery 9

Michelle · Married on 01/26/2019

Fantastic!

We had our wedding at the lake house at The windmill winery and it was the most magical place! We had the best time at our wedding! Such a beautiful, simple, elegance to be had!! Absolutely stunning!

Sent on 01/26/2019

The Windmill Winery's reply:

Thank you for review Michelle! It was a fun night for all at a magical venue with a stunning bride!
  • Kim

Kim Thelen · Married on 01/26/2019

Beautiful Experience, Wonderful Day!!!

I cannot say enough good things about this venue. The value you get for the price is unsurpassable and the venue is absolutely gorgeous. Added bonus was the all-inclusive feature of catering, DJ and cake being part of the package. There are several vendors to choose from in each category and everything is absolutely amazing. We received tons of compliments from our guests and everyone had a fabulous time. Our Event Coordinator, Karen, helped to ensure that everything went absolutely smooth and as planned...there were no hidden surprises taking away from the happiness and beauty of the day! Thank you to the entire Windmill Winery staff and this place is a definite recommend!!! With love, Justin & Kim Thelen

The Windmill Winery 10
    The Windmill Winery 16
    The Windmill Winery 17

Tiffany · Married on 01/20/2019

Beautiful Venue

This place was absolutely amazing, i loved every minute of my wedding at this place, the pictures that we got were amazing. I am still being told by my guests how beautiful the venue was and how shocked they were at the coziness and scenic look.

Sent on 02/05/2019

The Windmill Winery's reply:

We are so excited that you loved every minute of you wedding! Best of Luck on your new journey! Hopefully we will see you back at The Wine Tasting Room in the future.

Emily · Married on 01/18/2019

The most amazing wedding venue EVER!

My husband and I just had the opportunity to have our wedding at the Windmill Winery. This wedding venue is hands down the best venue that I have ever been to! It is so beautiful and so unique! You would not know that it is in Arizona. We had our wedding in the big barn and it was just out of a dream. It was everything I had in mind for our wedding and even more. I would get married there every year if I could! The grounds are beautiful and can really be changed to your personal style. They make the wedding process SO easy and SO fun! We were introduced to so many amazing vendors through the process of having our wedding at the Windmill. It really was my dream come true!

Sent on 01/24/2019

The Windmill Winery's reply:

Emily you were such an amazing bride and there was not a dry eye at your ceremony! We would love to have you back every year for your anniversary at The Wine Tasting Room!

Lori Alley · Married on 11/02/2018

Amazing!

It is the most PERFECT venue for any wedding, special celebration, company party etc. My daughter got married at the Lake House in Nov. 2018. Shauna Fadden and the rest of her crew were the BEST!!! My daughter and new Son-in-Law said it was their dream wedding. That is all that I needed to hear!!! Make your "dream wedding" memories, and book at the Windmill Winery in Florence Arizona. You will be glad you did!!

Jade · Married on 10/12/2018

Best day of my life

After working in the hospitality industry, I did not have much desire to plan my own wedding however it was important for us to celebrate our union with close family and friends. Choosing the Windmill Winery was absolutely the best decision for us. I love that they have inclusive packages and our meeting planner, Karen, was amazing!! Karen was there for every bit of the day and with the planning process she offered great recommendations and advice. We would choose this venue again and again. Everything from the natural, beautiful, and intimate ambiance to our up beat and fun DJ, it was truly a day we will remember forever.

The Windmill Winery 18
    The Windmill Winery 19
    The Windmill Winery 20
    The Windmill Winery 21
    The Windmill Winery 22
    The Windmill Winery 23

Dominique · Married on 09/22/2018

We had our wedding at The Windmill Winery on 9/22/18 in the “Big Barn” and it was absolutely fabulous!! They make the planning process so easy, but most importantly fun! Jordan helped us book our venue and date the very first time we visited the Winery, it was absolutely stunning and we knew this was where we wanted to get married. Jordan was such a joy to work with I will never forget her kindness and positivity and she wasn’t even our wedding planner! Next we had the privilege of working with Shauna, who was our wedding coordinator and she was an absolute rockstar! She was helpful, diligent, organized and knowledgeable as we ironed out the details of our day! Seriously it was so easy! The day of our wedding she was right there the whole day for anything we needed and kept things running smoothly even when plans changed or the timeline went haywire she made it look effortless! I’m seriously so greatful for you Shauna!! When you book with the Winery included in the price are 3 package vendors your caterer, DJ, and cake which is the best value we found of any other venues we toured. Picking our packaged vendors and attending the bridal open houses was so much fun and it is exactly what you think wedding planning should be, only better! I was so grateful to not have to run around and find all of my own vendors it was a one stop shop! We chose Kiss the Chef Catering, Elegant Entertainment (Joel Gibbs) and Piece of Cake. They were all fantastic and they all work so well together! It ran like a well oiled machine! I have received so many compliments from my guests about our venue and vendors, my only wish is that I could relive this day and enjoy it more, it seriously went by so fast! I wish I had more time to soak it all in! Choosing the Windmill Winery was the best decision we made for our wedding! Hands down the best customer service and professionalism we found at any venue! Thank you for helping us plan the wedding of our dreams and making the process so fun!!!

The Windmill Winery 24
    The Windmill Winery 25
    The Windmill Winery 26

Paige · Married on 06/21/2018

Amazing! That’s all I can say. Absolutely amazing!

The Windmill Winery 27

Tasha · Married on 04/07/2018

The Windmill Winery was amazing! All the team and vendors they work with made for a seemless event. Our day of event coordinator, Karen, made sure everything went off without a hitch. The bar tending staff was extremely kind and attentive as well.

Autumn · Married on 04/05/2018

We were married at the Windmill Winery (Big Barn) April 2018.
    For us there were no other venues that captured country in such an elegant way. The Winery is a beautiful and spacious property with so much unique charm.
    We were just as impressed with our experience with the Winery staff. Shauna was our coordinator. I’ll be forever grateful to her for keeping our stress minimal, and making our vision a priority.
    I would highly recommend the Winery to any future Mr. and Mrs.

Ashley · Married on 01/04/2018

Shauna and everyone at the Windmill Winery were amazing. We visited several times before our big day and they new us by name. Our day couldn’t have been more perfect, it was everything I dreamed of.

The Windmill Winery 28
    The Windmill Winery 34
    The Windmill Winery 35
    The Windmill Winery 36

Michelle · Married on 12/27/2017

This venue is beautiful! We chose the big barn for the wedding and it was perfect. We started with Jordan in sales who worked with us to make sure everything was what we wanted. We had Daleen and Lisa for our coordinators. They think of things that you don't even think about and they go over all of the details with you to make sure you are getting the wedding you've always wanted. They went above and beyond to work with us and make the wedding be everything the bride dreamed of. From the planning to rehearsal to the wedding they make you feel like your wedding is their top priority. Their attention to detail is amazing. The bride's vision of her wedding truly came to life. On the day of the wedding everything went so smoothly with Lisa coordinating. Lisa seemed to be everywhere at once taking care of every little detail. It was like magic. We had the horse and carriage bring the bride to the ceremony and then take the bride and groom away after the ceremony. After that the horse and carriage were available to all of the guests for a ride around the property. Everyone loved it! The reception in the barn with all the string lights was beautiful. I seriously cannot say enough good things about the Windmill Winery and their team. If you are looking for a place for your wedding you will be extremely happy with them. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how much they loved the wedding and the venue. What a perfect day! You won't be disappointed if you choose the Windmill Winery. I added a few pictures of things we loved. But we loved everything so if you look at their website pictures that is exactly what you get - a beautiful place to have the wedding of your dreams!

The Windmill Winery 37
    The Windmill Winery 38
    The Windmill Winery 39
    The Windmill Winery 40
    The Windmill Winery 41

Kelsey · Married on 12/10/2017

My husband and I got married in the Big Barn on 12/10/17! The Windmill Winery made it so easy for us to have the most amazing wedding. All of our guests were blown away by this piece of paradise in the desert. The beautiful views are self-explanatory, as well as the kind staff and event coordinators. Shauna, our event coordinator in particular, was an amazing help, and made our night perfect. All of the vendors we chose from were excellent, and work so seamlessly together. Elina's Catering in particular was out of this world. Chef Peter did not miss a beat and was on top of everything, even if it was a drunk friend nearly spilling wine on the bride! Would absolutely recommend this venue to ANYONE, as it was the best decision we could have possibly made.

Traci · Married on 10/28/2017

The Windmill is the place where wedding dreams come true! We had an absolute amazing experience with the staff and Karen (our event manager) was AMAZING! If you are looking for a venue, look no further as this is it!

Tara · Married on 10/20/2017

My husband and I created our wedding day at the Windmill and it could NOT have gone any better. Everyone says that "things will go wrong; you have to just go with the flow." But I kid you not, absolutely NOTHING went wrong. I couldn't have had better staffing from the Windmill as well as the contractors that they go thru for food, music, and flowers (everyone, literally EVERYONE raved about how good the food was ;)). It was a one-stop (stress free) shop that made planning a destination wedding so fun and relaxing. Although its an hour drive out in the middle of nowhere, the landscape and picture opportunities throughout the breathtaking barn, ceremony sites, yard games, beer burro and wines will never be topped in my mind! It was the most beautiful fairy tale place for our wedding!

From Jordan introducing us to the Windmill Winery as we were touring venues, to Karen becoming our wedding coordinator, everything went fantastic! Jordan was the sweetest and nicest person to first put a face to our venue. She seemed just as excited about my wedding as I did - she also was always available to call/text on little details that popped into my head throughout the days (and nights).

Karen walked us through our wedding process starting 6 months before the wedding. She was on top of EVERYTHING! I didn't need to worry about one thing except picking what I wanted. She made the wedding of our dreams happen and she was so extremely nice to work with. The day of the wedding, I barely saw her, but throughout the day, Karen and her minions made our day the smoothest and most perfect day. I can't thank everyone enough!

The Windmill Winery 42
    The Windmill Winery 47
    The Windmill Winery 48
    The Windmill Winery 49

Lindsey · Married on 10/15/2017

I had my wedding this past weekend at the Windmill Winery. I was so beyond happy with how it turned out! Everything went as planned, and we had so much support along the way. Our coordinator, Shauna, was absolutely amazing. They helped us with set up and turning on our electric candles, helping us stay on schedule, and making us feel so special on our special day! I seriously cannot thank the Windmill enough!! We had a blast, and I would recommend them over and over again!!!!

Kristen · Married on 09/22/2017

My husband and I were just recently married at The Windmill on September 22. Throughout the whole process, the venue was easy to work with and provided us with basically everything we needed from start to finish. We got a wedding planner about 6 months prior to our wedding (Karen Durham) and she was AMAZING. She answered all questions in a timely manner and worked with me on requests that I didn't think were doable. The bridal open houses they provide are great, as you can meet all the vendors included and then choose from there. You not only get to meet them, but taste the food and get a feel for what works best for your day. The venue was clean and looked perfect the day of our wedding. We also had our rehearsal dinner on site in their pavilion located outside the wine tasting room. The coordinator for this was so helpful and made this process super easy as well. They had live music that was provided at no additional charge. I can't say enough good things about this place. Don't be alarmed by the drive out there, as when you arrive, it's like you're in a whole different place; simply beautiful! Would highly recommend for anyone looking for a great venue for their upcoming wedding.

Maria · Married on 05/06/2017

The Windmill Winery made our wedding day absolutely perfect!! It is definitely a drive out there but so worth it!!! All of our guests talked about how beautiful it was and they could understand why we chose this location for our special day. Our wedding coordinator was great to work with but she had a last minute emergency the day of our wedding and couldn't be there but the Winery had someone (one of the owners) fill in before I even knew about anything and nothing ever skipped a beat. Everything ran so smoothly I literally didn't have to worry about a thing. I was originally worried about the accommodations because of the one hotel in town but everything actually worked out perfectly!! Also, they made my life so easy by offering a package that included Caterer, Cake, and DJ (all of them were amazing also). The Windmill Winery was an amazing venue and I would 100% recommend anyone looking for the perfect venue to check them out!!!

Donna · Married on 03/24/2017

My daughter's wedding at the Windmill Winery was perfect. Many guests commented that this was the best wedding they had ever been to. The food was delicious (Kiss the Chef), the cake was fabulous (Leslie) and the DJ (Joel) really got the reception going. The wedding coordinator was Shauna Fadden who was an awesome, thoughtful, manager who put my daughter at ease and made the evening a truly wonderful, memorable experience!

Emmy · Married on 11/26/2016

We got married at the Windmill Winery Lake House on Nov. 26th, 2016. Everything about wedding planning was so easy thank you to the Windmill. We went to the initial open house which was amazing, you have the opportunity to see what the venues looked like set up for a wedding, get to taste the foods & the desserts and also meet with all the different preferred vendors. Once I got home, I told my fiance about it and he immediately said no, he was turned off by the distance from Chandler, the fact that they had beer and wine only, and that the town was too little for an after party. Finally. I convinced him to go for a tour. The Windmill was awesome at accommodating a private tour of the venue. His whole entire family who was extremely skeptical immediately fell in love. A few days later, without looking at any other venues, we had booked our wedding. We went to our second open house and were able to plan our whole entire wedding in one day (catering, flowers, photographers, cake, etc). It was STRESS FREE! Six months out from the day of the wedding, our wedding coordinated Shauna contacted us. She is AMAZING. I could email her at any hour of the day and she would immediately respond with the answers to my questions. They truly made being a bride enjoyable because I did not have the stress of the planning that most brides do. The day of our wedding was absolutely magical. I never felt one ounce of stress because I knew everything would be taken care of and it was. Our day of coordinator, Katie was AMAZING. She made sure that every little detail was there. Not only did my guests rave about how seamless our wedding was, but they raved about the venue, the food, the dessert and most of all the fun that we had. Not one person complained about the drive from Phoenix. My advice to any bride would be to get married at the Windmill, you will not find anywhere better, it is absolutely gorgeous. They are amazing at organizing, planning and executing your dream day!!!

Jamie · Married on 06/24/2016

We had our wedding in the barn on June 17th 2016 at The Windmill Winery with 150 guests. Our wedding planner, Whitney Bush was awesome! Not only did it seem like she was part of our family but she kept everything in order and made sure my husband and I were okay and kept the ball rolling. From the time we were allowed on property to the time we had to leave we truly enjoyed every moment. The only complaints we have are, the timeline is very short to get everything done, we felt very rushed. Most of the night was rushed on a time line to make sure you could do the traditional wedding activities-ceremony, pictures, grand entrance, dinner, socializing,bouquet and garter toss, cake cutting etc., before having to clean up and exit the property. And we had to provide water bottles for our guests. The water could have been provided from the caterer but was an extra charge per 50 guests and it was cheaper to go buy the water ourselves. For the fact that we chose the venue on the warmest time of year and as much money that was spent..complimentary water would have been nice. We had the venue from 3PM to 10:30. Clean up started at 10:30 and we had to be off the property by 11PM. Even an extra hour would have been perfect...which is available for more money but again, after the amount of money that was already spent..what's another hour?
    Our wedding was overwhelmingly the best night of our lives and we can't wait to re-visit the winery to reminisce about the night! <3
    ~Mr. & Mrs. Brown~

Kyla · Married on 05/14/2016

There is no venue like the Windmill Winery!!! You must check it out!!

• I

Isabelle · Married on 05/06/2016

The Windmill Winery was the PERFECT venue. First of all, it is absolutely beautiful. We got married in the Big Barn which was a magical setting for our wedding. Whitney, our coordinator, was the BEST! She was so attentive, took care of every little detail, and was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. Additionally, she's such a fun person to be around and really goes above and beyond to create the wedding of your dreams.