155 Reviews for The Windmill Winery

Lighting (4)
Chairs (4)
Tables (4)
Linens (4)
All Inclusive Packages (3)
Altar/Arches (3)
Parking (3)
Scenic Views (2)
Lighting/Sound (2)
Wireless Internet (1)
155 The Windmill Winery Reviews

Amazing! That’s all I can say. Absolutely amazing!

Profile Picture Paige, 6/21/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, All Inclusive Packages, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Shuttle

The Windmill Winery was amazing! All the team and vendors they work with made for a seemless event. Our day of event coordinator, Karen, made sure everything went off without a hitch. The bar tending staff was extremely kind and attentive as well.

Profile Picture Tasha, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married at the Windmill Winery (Big Barn) April 2018.
For us there were no other venues that captured country in such an elegant way. The Winery is a beautiful and spacious property with so much unique charm.
We were just as impressed with our experience with the Winery staff. Shauna was our coordinator. I’ll be forever grateful to her for keeping our stress minimal, and making our vision a priority.
I would highly recommend the Winery to any future Mr. and Mrs.

Profile Picture Autumn, 4/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Shauna and everyone at the Windmill Winery were amazing. We visited several times before our big day and they new us by name. Our day couldn’t have been more perfect, it was everything I dreamed of.

Profile Picture Ashley, 1/4/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: All Inclusive Packages, Linens, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Shuttle

This venue is beautiful! We chose the big barn for the wedding and it was perfect. We started with Jordan in sales who worked with us to make sure everything was what we wanted. We had Daleen and Lisa for our coordinators. They think of things that you don't even think about and they go over all of the details with you to make sure you are getting the wedding you've always wanted. They went above and beyond to work with us and make the wedding be everything the bride dreamed of. From the planning to rehearsal to the wedding they make you feel like your wedding is their top priority. Their attention to detail is amazing. The bride's vision of her wedding truly came to life. On the day of the wedding everything went so smoothly with Lisa coordinating. Lisa seemed to be everywhere at once taking care of every little detail. It was like magic. We had the horse and carriage bring the bride to the ceremony and then take the bride and groom away after the ceremony. After that the horse and carriage were available to all of the guests for a ride around the property. Everyone loved it! The reception in the barn with all the string lights was beautiful. I seriously cannot say enough good things about the Windmill Winery and their team. If you are looking for a place for your wedding you will be extremely happy with them. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how much they loved the wedding and the venue. What a perfect day! You won't be disappointed if you choose the Windmill Winery. I added a few pictures of things we loved. But we loved everything so if you look at their website pictures that is exactly what you get - a beautiful place to have the wedding of your dreams!

Photo for The Windmill Winery Review - The grounds are beautiful and well-kept.
Photo for The Windmill Winery Review - Play area - when the flower girl & ring bearer need a break.
Photo for The Windmill Winery Review - Horse and carriage rides for the guests
Photo for The Windmill Winery Review - Lawn games during cocktail hour
Photo for The Windmill Winery Review - Just beautiful!
Profile Picture Michelle, 12/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Windmill is the place where wedding dreams come true! We had an absolute amazing experience with the staff and Karen (our event manager) was AMAZING! If you are looking for a venue, look no further as this is it!

Profile Picture Traci, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I created our wedding day at the Windmill and it could NOT have gone any better. Everyone says that "things will go wrong; you have to just go with the flow." But I kid you not, absolutely NOTHING went wrong. I couldn't have had better staffing from the Windmill as well as the contractors that they go thru for food, music, and flowers (everyone, literally EVERYONE raved about how good the food was ;)). It was a one-stop (stress free) shop that made planning a destination wedding so fun and relaxing. Although its an hour drive out in the middle of nowhere, the landscape and picture opportunities throughout the breathtaking barn, ceremony sites, yard games, beer burro and wines will never be topped in my mind! It was the most beautiful fairy tale place for our wedding!

From Jordan introducing us to the Windmill Winery as we were touring venues, to Karen becoming our wedding coordinator, everything went fantastic! Jordan was the sweetest and nicest person to first put a face to our venue. She seemed just as excited about my wedding as I did - she also was always available to call/text on little details that popped into my head throughout the days (and nights).

Karen walked us through our wedding process starting 6 months before the wedding. She was on top of EVERYTHING! I didn't need to worry about one thing except picking what I wanted. She made the wedding of our dreams happen and she was so extremely nice to work with. The day of the wedding, I barely saw her, but throughout the day, Karen and her minions made our day the smoothest and most perfect day. I can't thank everyone enough!

Profile Picture Tara, 10/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I had my wedding this past weekend at the Windmill Winery. I was so beyond happy with how it turned out! Everything went as planned, and we had so much support along the way. Our coordinator, Shauna, was absolutely amazing. They helped us with set up and turning on our electric candles, helping us stay on schedule, and making us feel so special on our special day! I seriously cannot thank the Windmill enough!! We had a blast, and I would recommend them over and over again!!!!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 10/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I were just recently married at The Windmill on September 22. Throughout the whole process, the venue was easy to work with and provided us with basically everything we needed from start to finish. We got a wedding planner about 6 months prior to our wedding (Karen Durham) and she was AMAZING. She answered all questions in a timely manner and worked with me on requests that I didn't think were doable. The bridal open houses they provide are great, as you can meet all the vendors included and then choose from there. You not only get to meet them, but taste the food and get a feel for what works best for your day. The venue was clean and looked perfect the day of our wedding. We also had our rehearsal dinner on site in their pavilion located outside the wine tasting room. The coordinator for this was so helpful and made this process super easy as well. They had live music that was provided at no additional charge. I can't say enough good things about this place. Don't be alarmed by the drive out there, as when you arrive, it's like you're in a whole different place; simply beautiful! Would highly recommend for anyone looking for a great venue for their upcoming wedding.

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Shuttle, All Inclusive Packages, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Wireless Internet, Uncovered Outdoor

The Windmill Winery made our wedding day absolutely perfect!! It is definitely a drive out there but so worth it!!! All of our guests talked about how beautiful it was and they could understand why we chose this location for our special day. Our wedding coordinator was great to work with but she had a last minute emergency the day of our wedding and couldn't be there but the Winery had someone (one of the owners) fill in before I even knew about anything and nothing ever skipped a beat. Everything ran so smoothly I literally didn't have to worry about a thing. I was originally worried about the accommodations because of the one hotel in town but everything actually worked out perfectly!! Also, they made my life so easy by offering a package that included Caterer, Cake, and DJ (all of them were amazing also). The Windmill Winery was an amazing venue and I would 100% recommend anyone looking for the perfect venue to check them out!!!

Profile Picture Maria, 5/6/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals

My daughter's wedding at the Windmill Winery was perfect. Many guests commented that this was the best wedding they had ever been to. The food was delicious (Kiss the Chef), the cake was fabulous (Leslie) and the DJ (Joel) really got the reception going. The wedding coordinator was Shauna Fadden who was an awesome, thoughtful, manager who put my daughter at ease and made the evening a truly wonderful, memorable experience!

Profile Picture Donna, 3/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at the Windmill Winery Lake House on Nov. 26th, 2016. Everything about wedding planning was so easy thank you to the Windmill. We went to the initial open house which was amazing, you have the opportunity to see what the venues looked like set up for a wedding, get to taste the foods & the desserts and also meet with all the different preferred vendors. Once I got home, I told my fiance about it and he immediately said no, he was turned off by the distance from Chandler, the fact that they had beer and wine only, and that the town was too little for an after party. Finally. I convinced him to go for a tour. The Windmill was awesome at accommodating a private tour of the venue. His whole entire family who was extremely skeptical immediately fell in love. A few days later, without looking at any other venues, we had booked our wedding. We went to our second open house and were able to plan our whole entire wedding in one day (catering, flowers, photographers, cake, etc). It was STRESS FREE! Six months out from the day of the wedding, our wedding coordinated Shauna contacted us. She is AMAZING. I could email her at any hour of the day and she would immediately respond with the answers to my questions. They truly made being a bride enjoyable because I did not have the stress of the planning that most brides do. The day of our wedding was absolutely magical. I never felt one ounce of stress because I knew everything would be taken care of and it was. Our day of coordinator, Katie was AMAZING. She made sure that every little detail was there. Not only did my guests rave about how seamless our wedding was, but they raved about the venue, the food, the dessert and most of all the fun that we had. Not one person complained about the drive from Phoenix. My advice to any bride would be to get married at the Windmill, you will not find anywhere better, it is absolutely gorgeous. They are amazing at organizing, planning and executing your dream day!!!

Profile Picture Emmy, 11/26/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding in the barn on June 17th 2016 at The Windmill Winery with 150 guests. Our wedding planner, Whitney Bush was awesome! Not only did it seem like she was part of our family but she kept everything in order and made sure my husband and I were okay and kept the ball rolling. From the time we were allowed on property to the time we had to leave we truly enjoyed every moment. The only complaints we have are, the timeline is very short to get everything done, we felt very rushed. Most of the night was rushed on a time line to make sure you could do the traditional wedding activities-ceremony, pictures, grand entrance, dinner, socializing,bouquet and garter toss, cake cutting etc., before having to clean up and exit the property. And we had to provide water bottles for our guests. The water could have been provided from the caterer but was an extra charge per 50 guests and it was cheaper to go buy the water ourselves. For the fact that we chose the venue on the warmest time of year and as much money that was spent..complimentary water would have been nice. We had the venue from 3PM to 10:30. Clean up started at 10:30 and we had to be off the property by 11PM. Even an extra hour would have been perfect...which is available for more money but again, after the amount of money that was already spent..what's another hour?
Our wedding was overwhelmingly the best night of our lives and we can't wait to re-visit the winery to reminisce about the night!

Profile Picture Jamie, 6/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

There is no venue like the Windmill Winery!!! You must check it out!!

Profile Picture Kyla, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Wedding Cake

The Windmill Winery was the PERFECT venue. First of all, it is absolutely beautiful. We got married in the Big Barn which was a magical setting for our wedding. Whitney, our coordinator, was the BEST! She was so attentive, took care of every little detail, and was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. Additionally, she's such a fun person to be around and really goes above and beyond to create the wedding of your dreams.

Profile Picture Isabelle, 5/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We would like to thank the windmill winery and all of their staff, especially our event manager Shauna for making our dream wedding come true. Not only was every detail perfect but they also made the whole process stress free. It made it easy as they had open house events with all their vendors and samples of what they provided. We shopped around quite a while for other venues and could not find anything else close that was all inclusive to even compare. We would recommend anyone to spend their special day with the windmill winery.
-Johnathan & Margie

Profile Picture Margie, 4/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The Windmill Winery is an Amazing venue!! A must see if you want something different and beautiful in Arizona! What makes this venue more than a gorgeous backdrop, is the amazing team they provide you for your bid day! Choose from selected inclusive vendors at their open bridal house days where you can take food, eat cake, and meet their preferred vendors. The icing on the cake is one of their fantastic wedding planners that you get when you book your wedding with the Windmill Winery. We had the pleasure of working with Shauna who was so sweet and organized- she made sure our day went on without a hitch and definitely took the stress
Off me! Absolutely love the Windmill Winery and recommend you tour the property!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Words can't describe how beautiful this venue is but I will try. It has 2 ceremony sites, We used the lake house. It is wooden, white and grey and rustic! The team at windmill do such a wonderful job of running everything, and getting it all setup for you. They even have an All inclusive package which we took advantage of. They will assign you a wedding coordinator, Ask for WHITNEY! she is the best, makes you feel so at ease and answers any questions or concerns so quickly. My family is still telling me how beautiful the wedding was, from the lake view ceremony, to the lawn games and the toasty bon fire. The windmill was my first pick for venues because nothing compares. It doesn't need tons of décor, it is beautiful on its own!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 3/6/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning

We recently had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Windmill Winery Lake House. Everything about the day was beautiful and perfect! The grounds are beautiful and our coordinator, Karen, was out of this world amazing. She was so courteous and quick to answer any of our many questions throughout the whole process. She truly made the day go so smoothly. Honestly I was expecting something to go wrong at some point, but nothing ever fell out of place thanks to Karen. It may be a bit of a drive, but it is so worth it!! We highly recommend the Winery to everyone!

Profile Picture Sarah, 2/29/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I immediately felt at home and at ease with the owners of the Windmill Winery. The venue overall has such a family vibe, in fact I fell in love with the barn at first sight it is so romantic twinkle lights and all! I had planned and looked forward to my grandpa walking me down the isle but unfortunately he passed away 5 months before my wedding. When the day of my wedding arrived, my cousin played his favorite songs on the viola so that I would feel him there with me. Moments before my walk towards my best friend, soulmate, and soon to be husband and partner in life I had a brief realization that I was missing my grandfather dearly. At that very instant right before I was about to break into tears and embrace all of the emotions I was feeling, the bartender offered me some water and told me to take a breath and to soak it all in. It was exactly what I needed to hear at exactly the right time! The walk down the aisle flew by and felt like a haze but there I was soaking up every perfectly magical moment! It wasn't until my grandmother came up to say a toast and told me that there was a hummingbird that flew over me all the way to the arches and continued to hover over us as we said our vows and exchanged rings. She said that it was my grandpa there with me. The Windmill Winery is an extremely special place to me! The venue speaks for itself but the memories I will forever share there are absolutely priceless!

Profile Picture Kessalee, 2/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

We had my wedding there in February. The venue is beyond beautiful! All of the staff was great, Tana was great to work with when booking the venue, and Shauna was awesome. Shauna responded very quickly to any questions we had and was extremely easy to work with. The day of the wedding was a breeze and the vendors that we chose from their selection showed up and did an amazing job! We used Kiss the Chef which all of our guests gushed about how delicious the food was, Ellagant Entertainment which JJ was who we got for our DJ, he did a phenomenal job at keeping everyone entertained and on the dance floor! Gigi's cupcakes where delicious. All in all I couldn't have asked for a better venue to Marry my soul mate of 19 years! Thank you Windmill Winery!

Profile Picture Christina, 2/12/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

You MUST book your wedding here! I had my wedding booked more than a year in advance and they helped me every step of the way! My wedding was 100% perfect! There's not a thing I would change! Everything was absolutely perfection!!!

The staff is WONDERFUL! They are so kindhearted and patient! So sweet! My coordinator was Shauna and she is a TRUE gem! She was so patient with me and my crazy family and SUPER responsive! I'd receive a response usually same day or within a day to all of my questions! She was clear in directions and information.

The price - you can't beat it! I know many who go to high end resorts and I'm sure pay triple the amount. You get a great value for your perfect day at this venue!

For their vendors, I chose Chef Le and Gigi's Cupcakes! BOTH were an outstanding hit! Usually at weddings the food is the last thing you hear about - but everyone who attended my wedding LOVED Chef Le's food! We also added cocktail hour food with him that was DELISH!

And the DJ! OH THE DJ!!! Everyone LOVED our DJ! We had DJ Will with Ellagant Entertainment! He made the party so wonderful and kept it moving at a great pace!

Profile Picture tiffany, 12/20/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Windmill was one of the best choices we made for the wedding. They were so easy to work with. Howard the owner is an amazing man and helped us make it a night to remember forever. Diane was my coordinator and she was a great asset to the wedding. The place itself is BEAUTIFUL!! The barn was everything I dreamed of and would highly recommend this venue to all brides!!

Profile Picture Anastasia, 11/15/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Karen was our event coordinator at the winery. She did an amazing job making the whole day so smooth and flawless. Thank you to the whole winery team for an amazing day.

Profile Picture User4577604, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals