Winchester Opera House Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• VICTORIA
    Victoria M. Married on 03/07/2020

They were so easy to work with and made sure everything was perfect!

Working with the Winchester Opera House could not have been better. They made sure that everything was exactly what we had envisioned. They were so responsive, reassuring, and supportive throughout the wedding timeline. The staff made sure that it was the dream wedding we imagined. They took the Pinterest pictures that we had and turned it into a reality. I would recommend this to anyone in or out of the area, they made sure we did not have to lift a finger during the process. We know how much time and effort went into making sure our day was perfect, and we were so appreciative. We wouldn't have had our dream wedding without the wonderful staff, owners, and operators!
  • W
    Wendy Married on 10/05/2019

Beautiful March Wedding

No words can describe the perfect day to celebrate our daughter’s special day!!! The Winchester Opera House staff went above and beyond to make our daughter’s fairy tale wedding a reality. This day will always be remembered as magical!!! Thank You WOH!!!!!!!

Wendy,
    Thank you so much! We are so happy that Tori had her 'fairy tale wedding'. Tori certainly looked the part of the princess! We really enjoyed having you all at the Manor overnight- I'm always glad when moms get to share their daughters experience- it is a special bonding time. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
    Fondly,
    Vanessa
  • Haley
    Haley D. Married on 10/05/2019

Relaxing and Valued

This was the only venue out of several that I really felt valued and that this day was truly about me. They guide you every step of the way and make it as easy as possible to stay stress free for your perfect day. The customer service is impeccable and I work in a very tough customer service industry. I can not speak highly enough of the team at WOH.

Winchester Opera House's reply:

Haley~ Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with everyone! I'm so glad that you felt valued...Because YOU ARE!!! Don't be a stranger~ stop by for a cocktail and bring your pictures with you. Thank you so much for your kind words!
  • Keeley
    Keeley R. Married on 08/03/2019

August 3, 2019

We absolutely loved our experience with Vanessa and her ladies of WOH. I was a bride who lived overseas up until 2 months before the wedding so I needed all of the help that I could get. Vanessa, Valerie, and Natalie helped plan the day perfectly. They truly made the day stress free, fun, and a dream come true day for my groom and I. They paid attention to detail and took all of my wants into consideration for how I wanted the day to go. WOH/Moundale Manor is truly a one stop shop. We had our rehearsal dinner through Loma’s, our reception catered and hosted through WOH, and hosting of bridesmaids/groomsmen the night before the wedding. Anything we needed or wanted the the night before or day of the wedding, Vanessa and Valerie were there to help.
    We chose to have our groomsmen and groom to be housed together while my bridesmaids and myself spent the night in Moundale the night before. The night of the wedding, my new husband and I had a suite set up just for us in Moundale as well. This was one of my favorite things about our experience.
    Our wedding cake decided to collapse before my mom could get it to the venue the morning of the wedding. BUT, it was no sweat off of Vanessa’s back. She was able to save the day and come up with an amazing back up plan. Although it is a story to laugh about now, I can’t thank her enough for handling it in the professional manner that she did just hours before the wedding.
    If I could do it again, I’d do it the same. I loved my experience with Moundale Manor and the Winchester Opera House. Thank you Vanessa, Valerie, and Natalie.

Keeley~
    We had a great time, didn't we !?! It was SO great to work with you and Justin and your families! Your kind words are so appreciated! We are sending you and Justin love from here in Kentucky! We can't wait to celebrate your wonderful news when we see you~Soooo if you're in during the holidays don't forget to stop by Loma's!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey H. Married on 07/27/2019

Summer wedding

We had the most amazing summer wedding at the Winchester Opera House. The staff did such an amazing job creating our vision.

Winchester Opera House's reply:

Kelsey~ Thank you for your review! We loved being a part of your wedding weekend. Make sure you stop by~we want to hear all about your amazing honeymoon. Love your photo's they are beautiful-Thanks for sharing, Vanessa
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca Married on 05/11/2019

Absolutely Stunning!

I cannot say enough nice things about Valerie and Natalie. They were truly the only vendor that made my husband and I feel special. The venue is gorgeous, my bride's-people and I stayed in the house overnight and I am SO GLAD that we did. It was everything I dreamed of since I was little. I planned my wedding from Orlando, Florida and they were very flexible and accommodating when it came to planning and organizing. We were able to meet with the team the week of thanksgiving in 2018 because that was one of the few times that we would be home before the big day. The food is to die for. My husband has a lot of allergies and we were able to cater the menu such that he would be able to eat pretty much everything, without the guests noticing that things were "gluten-free" or "vegan". Neil's floral arrangements were beautiful and everything we hoped they would be. I hope I never get remarried, but if I did I'd choose Winchester Opera House all over again!

Rebecca,
    Thank you so much for your review! I really appreciate your comprehensive review. we had such a great time working with the two of you and your wedding parties. I think my biggest challenge was the French Toast the 'morning after' with the breakfast...no eggs, milk and Gluten free (to boot) and I will never forget that he said it was "The best french toast I ever had!" I felt SO flattered as that took some thinking! Please don't be strangers when you visit! Vanessa

Lindsay Married on 04/27/2019

The Perfect Wedding

I can't say enough good things about Winchester Opera House. Aside from the fact that the place is SO beautiful and the food is incredible....the real heart of this venue is the staff. I am convinced my wedding was the most stress free wedding ever planned because Natalie, their coordinator, took all that stress off of our plate. She is so knowledgeable and brought my dream to life. A true professional and master at the art of wedding planning. The day of, Vanessa and Sonia made sure I was calm and happy from the moment we woke up until the night was through. I have never felt so happy, special. Sad that it is over. If you are on the fence about one thing, definitely do the overnight package at Moundale. I love WOH!!!

Winchester Opera House's reply:

Lindsay~ Sorry for this late acknowledgement~ Thank you so much for the lovely review! We so appreciate your positive review and I couldn't agree more about my amazing staff!! Sending you guys love from Kentucky! Maybe we'll be seeing you for an engagement party ;-) for someone we both love!!
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn E. Married on 04/20/2019

Outstanding venue and wedding coordinators

If you are a looking for a wedding venue that goes above and beyond to make every detail perfect--this is the place for you! Vanessa and her team are the best and go out of their way to make your day special--from the execution of the little things to make your day as stress-free as possible--to all the big things that come with wedding planning-- they are with you every step of the way. If we had to choose again, we would choose WOH a thousand times over!

Winchester Opera House's reply:

Caitlyn~ Thanks SO much for the review! We absolutely love the Easterling's and Neltner's!! I hope if you're visiting Kentucky for the holiday's that you'll stop in for a cup of cheer. I know that both of you in your respective residencies may be busy...But a girl can wish~Right? Love you guys! Vanessa
    Jennifer Married on 11/03/2018

I got married on 11/3/2018, and it was everything I could have asked for and more!

I would 100% recommend WOH and Moundale Manor for a wedding venue. Natalie, Sonia, and Vanessa were great. They went above and beyond to make our day perfect, completely stress free, and they were very organized. The food was phenomenal, as well as the professionalism!
  • Lauren
    Lauren B. Married on 10/20/2018

Best Day of my Life

From start to finish Vanessa, Natalie, and Sonia were absolutely amazing! I was involved in everything thing I wanted, and nothing I didn't. For some time after the wedding all my guests mentioned how well run the whole day was, and everyone, including myself were able to actually relax and enjoy the day. I honestly could not have asked for anything better!
    Nelson K. Married on 07/21/2018

Wedding of our Dreams!

Vanessa, Natalie, and Sonia are a dynamic trio! My wife and I are from different parts of the country and decided to find a venue between our families to bring everyone together. The Winchester Opera House and Moundale Manor was one of three venues we viewed in the Lexington and Louisville area. We were blown away by the Natalie's professionalism during our tour, and absolutely hooked after Vanessa described her vision for our wedding reception dinner. After our initial visit, we signed a few days later and could not have been happier to find such an incredible venue.

We live in Chicago and had roughly 9 months to plan the wedding from start to finish once we selected WOH. Being from out-of-state, Natalie was incredibly flexible with our FaceTime sessions, phone calls, and in-person visits. Sonia joined the WOH team during the final months leading up to the big day and she was a great addition to have on our team (she was also married at WOH and provided great insights).

We would also like to provide a huge shout out to Neal, the WOH in-house florist. My wife brought images and ideas during our scheduled design session and Neal made sure to include all of the colors and floral requests that we had asked. He was also very flexible while helping us stay within the budget we had allocated to floral arrangements.

During the week before our wedding, we noticed thunderstorms in the forecast. As we got closer to the big day, it became apparent we would have to face this weather system head on. Vanessa was 100% on our side and helped arrange a backup plan to help ease both of our minds. The day before our wedding, the storm hit and the power went out for nearly 75% of Lexington, hotels, restaurants, nearly everything. Luckily Winchester was unaffected, but we proceeded with rehearsal in the Fireside room instead of our designated ceremony location (in front of the manor).

After rehearsal, we scrambled to find a new rehearsal dinner location due to power outages and continued our discussions regarding the next day's ceremony. We both could not get our minds off of how perfect the Fireside room had felt at the Opera House. Following our rehearsal, the WOH team was amazing, they checked in with us several times to assist with dinner plans and accommodations for the bridal party due to the power outages.

Tip for the groom - reserve the Groom's House! It was the perfect location to host my groomsmen, it almost felt like another bachelor party to have everyone together in the same house before the big day. Vanessa provided our choice of beer and snacks in the house, as well as breakfast that was delivered the morning of.

Tip from my wife - you should reserve the morning-of preparation package at the Moundale Manor. The bridesmaids had a blast getting ready at the manor and it helped reduce stress by having everyone at the same location. If you have the extra budget - SPLURGE on the night-before accommodations for the bridal party at the manor, you won't regret it!

During the day of our wedding, we woke up to great weather with potential of rain throughout the afternoon. The WOH team continued to work with us to ensure we were 100% happy with all of the arrangements around the weather. We ended up deciding on the Fireside room and the ceremony is still talked about ~6 months later. My wife's entrance, down the stairs into the room, is a memory I will never forget. It was also special that the manor ended up becoming the location for all of our formal photos (it felt private and calm since all of our guests were already over at the Opera House).

The reception was incredible, perfectly decorated, the staff during the event were polite and extremely accommodating to not only us, but also our guests. We still have friends and family talking about the incredible dinner that was served that evening. The WOH staff really out did themselves! Vanessa, Natalie, and Sonia were attentive during the entire reception making sure the evening was running on time, and that we were happy.

To provide a quick summary, if you are considering WOH as your wedding event location, we highly recommend scheduling a visit, you won't be disappointed in the venue or its staff (you'll quickly feel like family). They provide a full-service experience that helps take the stress out of planning such a large event, and they still work to stay within budget.

To the staff at WOH, THANK YOU so much for working tirelessly to make our wedding day so special! We think about our wedding constantly and look back at our photos with such fond memories (smiles all the time). We hope to make a trip down to Winchester in the summer to catch up and check out the new restaurant!

-Nelson and Shelby

Photo Credit: Tilton Newman Photography
    Matt Married on 06/30/2018
    Let me preface this review by being completely transparent and confessing that this venue (or Winchester) was not even on my radar as a potential candidate during our initial search. Needless to say we were blown away with our first impressions. The spaces we decided to utilize (Moundale Manor for the ceremony; Opera House for the reception) were absolutely incredible. The level of professionalism and customer service exhibited by this amazing group of women goes well above and beyond anything I have experienced in quite a while. They were consistently accessible, courteous, and accommodating throughout our entire experience from the first day we met until the very end of our reception. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone considering the greater Lexington area as a potential option. 5 star review without a doubt!
    Tawny Married on 06/30/2018
    Funny story - my husband and I were 100% positive we were going to choose another venue for our wedding. We had made an appointment to view the Opera House in weeks past and kept our appointment purely out of politeness. The minute we walked into the ballroom, we looked at each other and KNEW this was the place we wanted to have our wedding! After meeting Vanessa and the rest of the staff, we knew we were at home. Vanessa, Natalie, Sonya, and the remainder of the staff worked tirelessly to make sure our day was perfect! One of the things I appreciated so much about WOH is that they were so easy to work with to make sure we stayed within budget. Although they are a fabulous one-stop shop and offer a variety of services including amazing florals, there was never any pressure to use these services. The manor was perfect for my bridesmaids and I to get ready in, and the staff made us feel like royalty. We can say without a doubt that this was the wedding of our dreams!
    Elizabeth Married on 06/16/2018
    MOB: As Texans, we chose to hold our daughter’s wedding in the groom’s beautiful state of KY, which could have presented some long distance challenges. Fortunately, Vanessa and her crew offered, and delivered a lovely, relaxing, stress-free wedding experience. We loved the fact that our daughter and her attendants could stay at the Manor, effectively having one last “slumber party” and then in the morning, the hair and make up artists came to them, no running around an unfamiliar town! The weather cooperated, and the outside ceremony was breath-taking. Once in the Opera House, we enjoyed delicious food and the flowers, by Neil, were gorgeous. They listened to our special requests and made adjustments happily. They took over the tedious set-up tasks, and much to our relief, took care of packing up our personal table decorations afterwards. Truly, we felt that WOH gave as a “boutique” wedding, in a world filled with wedding “mills”. Our daughter told us she “felt like a princess living a fairytale”; I could not ask for any more! Our guests are still talking about what a great time they had at WOH. Highly, highly recommend.

Winchester Opera House's reply:

Beth~ Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! We are so happy that you all were pleased with our services. I can't wait to see more of Willie Wilson's photos of the day. Thank you for your business and the opportunity to provide you with our services for this milestone event! Vanessa
    Jessica Married on 06/08/2018
    I have been trying to find the words to say to help other couples while looking for their dream venue- I wish I could review all the options and say choose the Winchester Opera House and that is not an exaggeration!

From the moment I expressed interest, Natalie was prompt, helpful, and invested in our needs and desires. All of the staff went above and beyond to make our day absolutely magical, even those I didn’t meet until the day of were so kind, considerate, and performed their job duties extremely well. Natalie, Neal, and the rest of the design team took my very scattered vision and created a beautiful, seamless presentation. Vanessa was the most wonderful host to me and my bridal party the night before and then to me and my husband the next morning!

I could honestly go on and on but the bottom line is this venue is not only beautiful but WELL WORTH the price of having everything in one location (wedding coordination, catering, and floral) and having an entire team to make your dreams come true. And one more thing, if you aren’t considering having you and your bridesmaids spend the night before at Moundale- DO. IT. You will be glad you did.
    Megan Married on 05/26/2018
    My husband and I had a short 6 month engagement and were looking for the perfect place to get married. We contacted the Winchester Opera House and they tesponded in a very timely manner! What we loved about this venue was the beautiful ceremony venue outside in front of Moundale Manor and then just a short mile down the road the gorgeous Opera House. We chose to have a sit down dinner, which was absolutely delicious. Neal, the florist who works with the Opera House, is the absolute best! Everything came together so smoothly. My husband and I had extremely busy schedules and they were extremely flexible about meetings and communicating. The owner, Vanessa was the absolute best. She went over the top to make sure we had the best, most memorable day. We are extremely satisfied with our wedding and highly recommend the Winchester Opera House!
    Susan Married on 05/26/2018
    There are no other words to describe my daughter's wedding than ...Magical, Spectacular and Absolutely beautiful!!!! Thanks to the great work of the staff at Moundale Manor and the Opera House. Vanessa and her staff went above and beyond to make this day absolutely perfect!!! From the ceremony at Moundale Manor to the reception at the Opera House everything was just spectacular. Natalie our wedding coordinator was wonderful. Neil the talented florist did an outstanding job!! The flowers at the ceremony and at the venue were stunning!! Everything is done for you!!! You can't pick a better place for your ceremony and venue.
  • F
    Faina Married on 05/27/2017
    Where do I begin with the WOH and Moundale Manor? Everything about our wedding experience was top notch. The venue provides opportunities for EVERYTHING to be done on-site. Their florist, Neal, was amazing. Their cake-maker made us the most beautiful, delicious strawberry cake. Vanessa was in charge of our catering and our wedding guests said they had never tried a better beef tenderloin. The venue provided me with a wedding planner, Natalie, and she went above and beyond to make sure I was in love with every detail, from linens to chairs to day-of schedule. All the bridal party had to do was show up on the wedding weekend and have a good time: no set-up or clean-up required. I can honestly say that our engagement was one of the most fun seasons of my life because I chose to get married at a venue that cares so much about its clients. I would recommend any Lexington couples to make the drive out to Winchester to go see the Manor and the Opera House. Thanks to the WOH team for an amazing weekend!
    Jessica Married on 05/02/2017
    Our experience with the Winchester Opera House was absolutely fantastic. The venue was beautiful and the staff was amazing. Natalie (our wedding coordinator) was always on top of what needed to get done to ensure our special day went exactly as planned. Highly recommend.
    Chelsea Married on 12/03/2016
    The Winchester Opera House/Moundale Manor did an excellent job. I was so very nervous because my wedding was so close, & I was worried I wouldn't be able to have my dream wedding. They worked with me, & my wedding was a great success, & dream come true. It was beautiful, from the venue itself, right down to the decor, even the food. I loved everything about my big day, & can't be anymore appreciative. The food was amazing as well. I wish I could relive my big day! A HUGE thank you to TWOH staff - Vanessa, Natalie, Neil, that worked with me!!
    Rebecca Married on 09/04/2016
    I got married Labor Day 2016. We had our rehersal dinner and wedding ceremony at Moundale Manor. Our reception was at The Winchester Opera House. The experience was just amazing! Vanessa and her staff were extremely thoughtful, experienced, professional and organized. My wedding party and I felt so special! Neal was my florist and his work is beautiful!! I used Kevin DJ and he did an excellent job with ceremony and reception music. We loved his photo booth. Overall, I highly suggest this venue because you get more than just a wedding location, you get a wedding weekend to remember.
    Beth Married on 07/30/2016
    I would shout the praises of Winchester, Ky's Moundale Manor and Opera House from the rooftops! My daughter Sarah's wedding was a non-stressful and wonderful event from start to finish!! Vanessa and her top notch crew worked very hard to make this the wedding of her dreams. Working with Lori Joe Smith was a joy. Look no further than the in-house florist Neal Linville who does wonderful things! She told him her vision and he implemented it from her bouquet to the reception tables. Everything was beautiful. The food and drink were excellent and the dinner service was very smooth and unobtrusive. Our DJ was Kevin Croucher who did both the wedding and reception. Vanessa uses his services frequently and I can understand why. He was great! We had the Groomsmen stay at the cottage and the Bridesmaids stay at the Manor and the accommodations were so warm and comfortable and relaxing for the night before the wedding. Beer, wine and treats were available and for the wedding morning, breakfast and mimosas were the order of the day. From coordinating the rehearsal, to corralling the flower girls, they were there for us at every turn. What a wonderful group to make memories with. We are so appreciative and happy with our experience.
    Carol Married on 07/16/2016
    ""The most beautiful, well-organized wedding I've ever witnessed", have been the words heard repeatedly from guests who attended my daughter's wedding held at Moundale Manor and the Winchester Opera House this July.

The owners of the manor, Vanessa and Ed, as well as event planner, Lori, and florist, Neil,created the dream wedding of a lifetime. It's obvious they love what they do! Each one is there, ready to assist with the details as you have envisioned.

Vanessa Pease Ziembroski knows how to choose a talented staff as well. Everyone we encountered was devoted to making the perfect day for us. Each member of this team was professional, as well as accommodating and friendly.

The rehearsal dinner, the ceremony, the cocktail hour, and the reception, all flowed flawlessly due to the finely detailed planning.

I can confidently say that this bride and groom, along with family and friends, could not have been happier with this day.
    - Carol Hixson, mother of the bride
    Sarah Married on 07/16/2016
    My husband and I wanted to get married in Kentucky because we loved the beautiful horse country and the bourbon distilleries. We made a weekend of coming down and looking for a venue. We looked at several places but as soon as we pulled into Moundale Manor, walked into the door and met Vanessa, we knew in our hearts that this was THE place. I had to keep pinching myself the entire weekend of the wedding because EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT. It was like it was out of a fairy tale. Vanessa and Ed welcomed us into their home along with our family and friends and made all of us feel as though we were their family. They are both just wonderful, wonderful people. Lori, the event planner, we called "our gift from god". She is incredible at her work. We had to have several long meetings with her because we lived several hours away. She always made us feel so important and would listen to every single detail that we wanted. Neal, the florist, is so talented. It was always so much fun to visit and to see what beautiful creation he was making for whatever wedding he was getting ready for. It made us even more excited to see what he was going to make for our special day. The entire team at Moundale Manor and Winchester Opera House is just amazing. The thing that stuck out the most to us is that one can really tell that this is their passion and your day is just as important to them as it is to you. - Sarah and Eugene
    Jeanie Married on 06/18/2016
    In the summer of 2014, we were shopping for a wedding vendor for my daughter, Danielle. Danielle, her sister, Peyton and I visited Moundale Manor and The Winchester Opera House. We were welcomed with open arms with Vanessa (the owner) and Lori (the wedding planner). Within a few minutes talking to them we knew this is exactly what we were looking for Danielle and Cory's wedding. We met with Lori and Vanessa different times to go over what we wanted for the wedding. We met with Neil (the floral designer) and he worked with us to get us the beautiful flowers we wanted within our budget. We had the rehearsal dinner on the first floor of the Winchester Opera: it was beautifully decorated and they served a delicious Italian dinner. That evening, the girls stayed overnight at Moundale Manor and the guys stayed in another house near the manor. Vanessa was a wonderful hostess and made sure they had everything they needed. The day of the wedding, the wedding party was treated with a delicious breakfast by Vanessa and her staff: she also arranged for lunch to be brought in for them. I didn't have to stress over worrying about food the day of, Vanessa made sure it was all taken care of and made sure I was having a wonderful weekend also. Danielle and Cory got married on the lawn at Moundale Manor. There were beautiful chandeliers hanging from the tress and gorgeous flowers lined the aisle. The Volare String Quartet set the tone with beautiful music before, during and after the ceremony. The reception was held at the Winchester Opera House and was decorated absolutely gorgeous with tall flowers and candles on the tables, lovely lines and China place settings. An open bar was set up with a signature drink. The appetizers and food were all homemade and were absolutely delicious. The whole weekend was perfect and everything was absolutely gorgeous. It was my daughters fairytale wedding and more. Vanessa, Lori, Neil and staff, thank you for the perfect fairy tale wedding weekend.