The Wimbish House Reviews

85 Reviews for The Wimbish House

• D K

D K · Getting married on 01/07/2022

Fantastic experience

We just wanted to share our wonderful experience for our wedding at the Wimbish House in July. 10 out of 10 would recommend to others for several reasons. We had initially booked this venue in January of 2019 for a memorial day wedding, but COVID forced us to cancel and move. The venue owner Karin was kind, accommodating, available, and catered to our constantly evolving wedding due to the pandemic. We were able to get the wedding moved to July with a significantly reduced headcount, adjusted music and dinner style without issue.

We’ve heard from other friends that didn’t have the same experience and were so grateful for Karin and our venue selection. Highly recommend her for the coordinator services rather than bring one in! The venue was beautiful, and honestly provided us the perfect setting that we always wanted. The ballroom setting downstairs, photo opps for a blended historic/urban vibe, and upstairs area was fantastic, and we’ve had friends reach out regularly about the intimate setting. We worked with Hannah at Zest for catering, which we also highly recommend, and Joel Rabe with Lethal Rhythms as DJ and were extremely pleased. Awesome venue!!

Sent on 09/08/2020
  • Pamela

Pamela · Getting married on 07/17/2021

Venue tour

The venue is beautiful inside and out. I met with Karin who was so sweet and explained all the details. My fiancé and I fell in love with the home . It is definitely in our top 3 .

Sent on 07/14/2019

Kelly · Married on 03/04/2021

Beautiful Venue and Excellent Service!

We are so happy we went with the Wimbish House for our wedding reception. We had such a great experience from start to finish, and could not speak more highly of our wedding coordinator, Karin. Karin made sure every detail was finalized, made sure we ate on our wedding night, and most importantly made sure everything ran on schedule. We had some transportation issues getting to the house from the church, and Karin was waiting in front of the house for us, drinks ready! The ballroom was absolutely beautiful on our wedding night, and we received so many compliments from family and friends. You will not regret using the Wimbish house (and having Karin) as a part of your wedding!

Sent on 05/09/2019

Catherine F. · Married on 01/17/2021

A Fairytale Dream Come True

I could not have asked for a better venue in the city. Everything from the first visit all the way through to the wedding day was exceptional! Karin is extremely responsive and always answered my questions in a timely manner even when we changed the timeline at the last minute. The space is amazing and our guests had a great time. Don’t let this little gem in the city pass you by!

Sent on 01/26/2021
  • Tamika

Tamika G. · Married on 01/16/2021

Magical Place to have a Wedding.

The Wimbish house was absolutely magical. It is a beautiful venue and everything we wanted it to be.

Would recommend this venue to anyone wanting to have a wedding in the Atlanta area. :)

Sent on 01/18/2021
  • Phoebe

Phoebe · Married on 11/02/2019

A perfect day from start to finish

We had our wedding at the Wimbish House on November 2nd and it was an absolute dream. This venue is perfect if you are looking for an intown location; it is convenient to hotels and restaurants, activities for guests, etc. Many of our guests were from out of town and they loved that they could walk from their hotel to the wedding, allowing them to avoid Atlanta traffic. From the moment you walk into the Wimbish House, you can feel how special a place it is. It is welcoming and elegant all at once. The upstairs area has a stunning bridal/groom suite. My bridal party had makeup and hair done on site, which alleviated any stress. Additionally, we never worried about the weather because the venue allows all wedding activites to be inside. My husband and I did a first look and there are countless areas around the venue that are perfect for brial portraits. There is a sign outside the venue that you can personalize, which is a sweet touch. One of the best perks is that you can bring your own alcohol to the venue, which saved money and allowed us to pick what we wanted to serve. But the most important detail about the Wimbish House is their incredible staff, especially Karin. Karin guided us through every detail of our wedding, from the moment we booked the venue to the last vendor driving away. She had so many incredible ideas and suggestions and has seen so many weddings at the venue that she knows what works best for the space. She was extremely patient with my parents, my husband and myself during the entire process, even when we would change our minds repeatedly. The entire wedding day flowed so easy. If there was an issue on the day of, I didn't know about it because Karin took care of it, allowing me to fully enjoy the day from start to finish. She kept us on time, yet never rushed us. She truly wanted my husband and I to have a perfect day and she delievered. The Wimbish House is a special space and we are so grateful we chose it for our wedding.

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • W

William · Married on 10/05/2019

An absolute delight

The Wimbish House is a gorgeous venue in the heart of Atlanta. They are exceptionally reasonably priced and made our wedding a wonderful experience. The historic mansion needs relatively little added decoration to really bring beauty to a wedding. Karen Holben, the wedding coordinator and main point of contact for us was a real pleasure to get to know. She made the event go extremely smoothly and provided a ton of expertise. We are so thankful that we had her and that we went with this venue. Cannot recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 03/29/2020

Marlene P. · Married on 08/17/2019

Chef Cary Caterer

Chef Cary team is awesome. Very professional, easy to work with. They put aside some hours d’ oeuvres to make sure we ate before our reception. Their head chef Veronica was very helpful with my planner. They gave me a stress free day

Sent on 08/25/2019

Temeka D. · Married on 07/07/2019

Recent Wedding

I had my wedding at this venue recently, and it was exactly what I wanted to fit my theme. I had looked at other venues before looking at this one but when I did get to see it I knew it was the one. The price was very reasonable and Karen is such a sweetheart. She is very professional and works with you down to the wire to make sure everything you need from her for your day is in place. The natural beauty of the venue left my guest speechless and in awe of everything. I love it!!!! Thank you Karen and your staff, you guys are awesome!!!!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Daniel H. · Married on 05/26/2019

A perfect wedding venue!

We looked at many places in the Atlanta area for our wedding venue. The Wimbish House was by chance the last we visited, but as soon as we walked in we knew it was the perfect place for our special day. The house is incredibly beautiful and located in the heart of midtown. Karin is friendly and welcoming and knows both the venue and rhythms of a wedding inside and out. She worked with us and our vendors to make everything run smoothly both prior to and on the day of the wedding, which helped my husband and I relax and enjoy the day. They are incredibly flexible with decorations and vendors (their list of vendor recommendations will help you find a perfect caterer, photographer, and more!), so our wedding felt exactly customized to our tastes while preserving the natural beauty of the house (which also meant less work needed for decoration!). Our guests raved about the Wimbish House, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to have had both our wedding ceremony and reception there. It’s the perfect indoor venue in Atlanta (a fact were were especially grateful for since we got married on a day where the temps were above 95 °F!).

Sent on 06/21/2019

Kelly · Married on 04/27/2019

Excellent!

We had such a wonderful experience working with the staff at the Wimbish House for our wedding. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and I could not speak more highly of Karin (our wedding coordinator). She truly ran the show at our reception; she made sure we ate, had drinks ready for us at all times, and most importantly made sure everything ran on schedule. All of our family members and other guests were raving about her by the end of the night. We are so happy we held our wedding reception here!

Sent on 05/09/2019

Jessica Q. · Married on 04/13/2019

An absolute dream!

Could not have asked for a better experience with the Wimbish House. The venue was absolutely dreamy! We knew the second we walked in that we wanted to get married there. It is elegant, yet so warm and inviting.
    Karin was absolutely phenomenal. She kept the day organized to a T and was an excellent communicator the entire process. We are so so grateful for her. Her hard work definitely did not go unnoticed by the wedding guests--we received many compliments from guests as to how well-organized the wedding was!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Caroline · Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful venue and stellar team to help create our dream wedding

My husband and I are so happy we chose the Wimbish House as our wedding venue. From the beginning, Karin has been very responsive and accommodating. As my family does not live in the USA, I wanted to Facetime my mom while touring the place, and Karin was so understanding and supporting. This made it so much easier to feel absolutely happy with our choice of venue. Karin also let us tour the place, once already confirmed, when my family was in town. Everybody loved the place, it is beautiful, and does not need a lot to be set for a perfect wedding decor.
    Throughout our planning, Karin provided recommendations and was super responsive, which is so nice when you are planning your welcome.

Karin also was our wedding day of coordinator, and I cannot recommend this enough. She helped us prior to the day to make sure all of our vendors knew where to be at what time, and she created a wedding time-line for us, which was so helpful. During the day, she made sure everything went smoothly and was super helpful. For example, when we needed a thin glass for my husband to break after the ceremony (as the rabbi mentioned the one we had was to thick), she provided one within minutes. She also made sure we had a nice private moment after our cocktail hour and this was wonderful.

I truly cannot recommend the Wimbish House enough and believe it is very fairly priced (and as you can bring in your own alcohol, you will save quite a bit there). We had an amazing day and could not have been happier with our venue! Huge thanks to Karin and her team!

Sent on 04/18/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 03/23/2019

Dream Wedding

The Wimbish House was a dream to get married in! It was definitely the perfect venue for my husband and I. We had no idea what we wanted going into our wedding day, but once we saw that bridal suite we knew this was where we were getting married! It was like everything came together. The space flows so nicely and it is truly a wonderful day. You do not need much decoration because the venue speaks for itself. We hired Karin for our day of services and truly worried about nothing the whole day. It was her goal to make sure the bride/groom, and all parents worried about nothing and always had everything we needed and we did. I literally have no idea if anything went wrong and if it did Karin fixed it! She took care of all the vendors and details. Also - when you contract, they give you a packet with a ton of information. I researched a ton of my own vendors, but ultimately hand picked the perfect team off of Karin and team's list of recommended vendors. We seriously could not be more happy with the list and service levels provided on the list. We had an exceptional day and are so glad the Wimbish House was a part of it!

Sent on 04/02/2019

Sf Fd · Married on 03/02/2019

Amazingly Beautiful Venue!

The Wimbish House was the absolute perfect venue for my wedding. Karin and the staff were incredibly helpful and accommodating in every aspect. Every detail went off perfectly and I can honestly say I am thrilled with every piece of the day. Karin truly let me enjoy every moment and took the stress off of having to worry about anything. She handled all the little things and did a fantastic job! I was able to have fun and relax knowing that she would handle everything flawlessly. Throughout the planning process, Karin was very responsive and always available to talk me off a ledge when needed!

The venue speaks for itself and is stunning - truly provides an old world feel in the middle of the vibrant city. It really creates the perfect environment for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and a super fun reception. Relaxing with the bridal party before the wedding in the upstairs suite area was a huge bonus. My husband and I particularly liked our post-ceremony dinner date upstairs in a private room to take a moment to just spend time together amongst the crazy day. I would highly recommend The Wimbish House for your wedding or another big event!

Sent on 03/22/2019

Ashley · Married on 02/09/2019

Beautiful venue, seamless day, everything PERFECT!

If you want a fantastic wedding day in an amazing venue, you have found the place. The Wimbish House is classic, elegant, and extremely beautiful. Karin and the team are phenomenal and everything went perfectly. We couldn't believe how great it was! She was extremely detail oriented and made sure everything was done to my exact specifications - she fixed last minute issues and made it all work out. I wasn't stressed on my wedding day... because of Karin. She is just that amazing at her job.

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • Dennis

Dennis C. · Married on 01/19/2019

Best wedding decision we made

The Wimbish House is a special place run by amazing people. The venue itself is breathtaking and extremely versatile with the main ballroom, but literally two other floors of beautiful rooms for people to gather and socialize, and for the happy couple, wedding party, etc. to have some private time. The staff, led by Karin Holben, one of the coolest people on the planet, go above and beyond at all stages of planning and on the big day. We also loved that they know all of the major vendors in town, including ours. So, everything went very smoothly. Many of our friends and family said, "best wedding ever." And it really was the happiest day of our life, thanks in very large part to the Wimbish House. Without reservation I give it the highest possible review.

Sent on 02/15/2019
  • Jordana

Jordana G. · Married on 01/05/2019

Dream venue and amazing experience

We were SO happy with everything related to hosting our wedding reception at the Wimbish House. It is an absolutely gorgeous venue. We went pretty light on the flowers and decorations because the House is already so beautiful. Our guests loved the fancy homey feel of the House. It felt like we were hosting our reception in a private home. We worked with Karin Holben and she was a dream to work with. We hired her as our day-of Coordinator and our wedding day went so smoothly. If there were any issues - we don't know because she took care of everything. She helped us figure out and streamline everything - our must-haves, our vendors and our day-of schedule. She has excellent taste and anytime I had a question or just wanted her opinion on something she replied promptly. We couldn't be happier with the service from the Wimbish House team and again, the venue is so beautiful.

Sent on 01/21/2019

Emily · Married on 10/06/2018

Excellent from beginning to end.

The venue is beautiful. No other venue had such great space to get ready in!

The ballroom is stunning, original 1920's decor and hard wood.

Karin and the whole team at Wimbish have amazing attention to detail, and seem to genuinely care about the bride and their guests. The venue was beautiful, but the service - hands down was what made my day special.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Collins · Married on 08/04/2018

Karin and her team were a joy to work with! The venue is beautiful and was perfect for our 100-person wedding ceremony and reception with dinner and dancing. We could not have asked for a more perfect Atlanta location with a huge dash of Southern charm.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Melissa · Married on 06/09/2018

My husband and family could not have been happier with our choice!!!! We planned our wedding from out of state, and the Wimbish House was on the schedule of 6 venues in Atlanta we chose to visit on a day tour last year. We saw the Wimbish House and fell in love immediately. The charm and layout of the house were just fantastic. It was finding a gem in the middle of a central location with neighboring hotels (Four Seasons & Marriott etc) for easy walking distance for our guests. In addition, we recommend DEFINITELY adding on the day-of coordination the Wimbish House offers. I have been in several weddings myself, where the bride and bridal party are running around trying to get vendors in the right area, determining the correct timing, etc. Not only did our wedding go to schedule (no joke right???), but I honestly felt so relaxed and carefree to enjoy the time getting ready with my family and friends. If there were any hitches with the transition from first look, ceremony, cocktail hour, to reception, I had ZERO idea!! Karin and the Wimbish House team did a fantastic job!!! Our guests were impressed by the beauty of the Wimbish House (and we didn't have to do much decorating as well). And what we really appreciated as well was being able to hold all our events there. Truly an amazing experience.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Kristin · Married on 04/21/2018

SO happy with the entire experience of getting married at the Wimbish House! Karin went above and beyond to make the day flow smoothly and stress free for our families. Everything was absolutely beautiful and we couldn't be happier! The location was also really great for our out of town guests who could walk from nearby hotels.

Sent on 05/31/2018

Maria · Married on 04/07/2018

We loved our experience with the Wimbish House. Karin and her staff are excellent. My husband and I looked at a number of venues in the city, but ultimately picked the Wimbish House as it's location and beauty couldn't be met in our eyes. Also being able to have it for so many hours and being able to bring in our own alcohol were huge pluses for us. We loved getting ready there and having a place for our guests to go right after our early afternoon ceremony (held off-site at a church nearby). The whole experience was fantastic and we received so many compliments on how beautiful, unique and neat the Wimbish House is. Even people who weren't able to attend give compliments on the stunning pictures from the house. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 08/29/2018

Lillian · Married on 03/03/2018

My daughter held her wedding at Wimbish House on March 3, 2018. The entire venue looked spectacular and the staff was so warm and helpful. Karin H. is wonderful to work with. Wish I had another big event to host at Wimbish!

Sent on 03/09/2018