The Wimbish House Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Lisa
    Lisa M. Getting married on 04/15/2023

Love At First Sight

I’m so overjoyed that I chose The Winbish House as my wedding venue!!! It’s absolutely beautiful inside and Karin and Karine are so welcoming and professional. I’m a Navy Veteran, they’re very military friendly. Very affordable and they explain every detail. Can’t for my big day!!!!
  • Ella
    Ella O. Married on 07/10/2022

Best venue, best coordinator

What a dream! This venue is amazing, Karin & Karina are amazing, and it was truly the best day we could have ever wanted for our wedding.

If you are looking for a venue / wedding coordinator all together, Seriously consider this spot!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • D K
    D K Married on 01/07/2022

Fantastic experience

We just wanted to share our wonderful experience for our wedding at the Wimbish House in July. 10 out of 10 would recommend to others for several reasons. We had initially booked this venue in January of 2019 for a memorial day wedding, but COVID forced us to cancel and move. The venue owner Karin was kind, accommodating, available, and catered to our constantly evolving wedding due to the pandemic. We were able to get the wedding moved to July with a significantly reduced headcount, adjusted music and dinner style without issue.

We’ve heard from other friends that didn’t have the same experience and were so grateful for Karin and our venue selection. Highly recommend her for the coordinator services rather than bring one in! The venue was beautiful, and honestly provided us the perfect setting that we always wanted. The ballroom setting downstairs, photo opps for a blended historic/urban vibe, and upstairs area was fantastic, and we’ve had friends reach out regularly about the intimate setting. We worked with Hannah at Zest for catering, which we also highly recommend, and Joel Rabe with Lethal Rhythms as DJ and were extremely pleased. Awesome venue!!
  • Annie
    Annie D. Married on 12/19/2021

Best Wedding Coordinator!

A wedding can be hard to plan. Its harder when your in laws are not as supportive as you would like Karin is firm when she needs to be because she prioritizes the Bride and Groom. The coordination team helped make my dream wedding. I didn't know about the difficult situations that were taking place until after but I was so happy to hear that Karin stud up for us and the original plan as much as she could! 1000% would recommend!
  • Alexis
    Alexis J. Married on 12/11/2021

Absolutely Amazing

The Wimbish House and staff have been amazing since we decided to have our wedding at this venue back in March. The venue is absolutely breathtaking. Karin did such an amazing job with managing our day of coordination, she had both patience and punctuality which was greatly appreciated. I would recommend The Wimbish House for anyone who is looking to tie the knot 😊.
    Michael N. Married on 07/24/2021

Beautiful venue, great team

We had an excellent experience with the Wimbish House! Great historical venue and great staff that made our day perfect! If you are in ATL and are looking for an awesome venue in the middle of the city, look no further.
  • Pamela
    Pamela Married on 07/17/2021

Venue tour

The venue is beautiful inside and out. I met with Karin who was so sweet and explained all the details. My fiancé and I fell in love with the home . It is definitely in our top 3 .
  • Addison
    Addison G. Married on 07/10/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING experience at The Wimbish House!!

We are so thrilled with how our BIG day ended up with the help of Karin and The Wimbish House. The venue was breath-taking and Karin and the staff were so accommodating to help us orchestrate our rehearsal and wedding days. HIGHLY recommend!
  • Abby
    Abby N. Married on 06/19/2021

Most dreamy wedding

We chose the Wimbish House for our venue & it was the best experience and even more than I could have dreamed about. Such a beautiful venue and Karin / Karina are the best team! With them, everything ran so smooth and was seriously perfect. Everything I dreamed of and more.
    Eileen W. Married on 06/05/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beyond amazing! Karin is so responsive, easy to work with, and made our day so special.

The Wimbish house is so beautiful, and the perfect location for out of town guests. The owner, Karin was so patient during our planning process and made sure everyone was happy and having a fun time the day of our wedding. We were able to bring our own alcohol, which was a huge plus since most other Atlanta vendors don't allow this and make you pay a crazy amount for a basic package. Here, we were able to bring whatever we wanted, and worked with such flexible and kind vendors. Everything was so perfect!
    Kelly Married on 03/04/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful Venue and Excellent Service!

We are so happy we went with the Wimbish House for our wedding reception. We had such a great experience from start to finish, and could not speak more highly of our wedding coordinator, Karin. Karin made sure every detail was finalized, made sure we ate on our wedding night, and most importantly made sure everything ran on schedule. We had some transportation issues getting to the house from the church, and Karin was waiting in front of the house for us, drinks ready! The ballroom was absolutely beautiful on our wedding night, and we received so many compliments from family and friends. You will not regret using the Wimbish house (and having Karin) as a part of your wedding!
    Catherine F. Married on 01/17/2021

A Fairytale Dream Come True

I could not have asked for a better venue in the city. Everything from the first visit all the way through to the wedding day was exceptional! Karin is extremely responsive and always answered my questions in a timely manner even when we changed the timeline at the last minute. The space is amazing and our guests had a great time. Don’t let this little gem in the city pass you by!
  • Tamika
    Tamika G. Married on 01/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Magical Place to have a Wedding.

The Wimbish house was absolutely magical. It is a beautiful venue and everything we wanted it to be.

Would recommend this venue to anyone wanting to have a wedding in the Atlanta area. :)
  • Rosie
    Rosie R. Married on 11/21/2020

Amazing and perfect

I had my wedding at Wimbish House last week, and it was a dream come true. Karin is so organized and made my unorganized self feel totally at ease. She is very experienced and knows what needs to get done. She was also so sweet. I know she’s worked with so many brides, but my day still felt special to her. The venue is amazing. The bridal suite upstairs is adorable, and my girls and I had so much fun getting ready there. Karin also made sure we had plenty of ice and everything was going smoothly. I love this gorgeous historic house in the middle of a bustling urban area. The ballroom had such a romantic feel and vibe, which made our ceremony and reception just feel so warm. Everything about this day was perfect and I couldn’t be more thankful to the Wimbish House and Karin for everything. I can’t recommend them highly enough!!
  • Phoebe
    Phoebe Married on 11/02/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A perfect day from start to finish

We had our wedding at the Wimbish House on November 2nd and it was an absolute dream. This venue is perfect if you are looking for an intown location; it is convenient to hotels and restaurants, activities for guests, etc. Many of our guests were from out of town and they loved that they could walk from their hotel to the wedding, allowing them to avoid Atlanta traffic. From the moment you walk into the Wimbish House, you can feel how special a place it is. It is welcoming and elegant all at once. The upstairs area has a stunning bridal/groom suite. My bridal party had makeup and hair done on site, which alleviated any stress. Additionally, we never worried about the weather because the venue allows all wedding activites to be inside. My husband and I did a first look and there are countless areas around the venue that are perfect for brial portraits. There is a sign outside the venue that you can personalize, which is a sweet touch. One of the best perks is that you can bring your own alcohol to the venue, which saved money and allowed us to pick what we wanted to serve. But the most important detail about the Wimbish House is their incredible staff, especially Karin. Karin guided us through every detail of our wedding, from the moment we booked the venue to the last vendor driving away. She had so many incredible ideas and suggestions and has seen so many weddings at the venue that she knows what works best for the space. She was extremely patient with my parents, my husband and myself during the entire process, even when we would change our minds repeatedly. The entire wedding day flowed so easy. If there was an issue on the day of, I didn't know about it because Karin took care of it, allowing me to fully enjoy the day from start to finish. She kept us on time, yet never rushed us. She truly wanted my husband and I to have a perfect day and she delievered. The Wimbish House is a special space and we are so grateful we chose it for our wedding.
  • W
    William Married on 10/05/2019

An absolute delight

The Wimbish House is a gorgeous venue in the heart of Atlanta. They are exceptionally reasonably priced and made our wedding a wonderful experience. The historic mansion needs relatively little added decoration to really bring beauty to a wedding. Karen Holben, the wedding coordinator and main point of contact for us was a real pleasure to get to know. She made the event go extremely smoothly and provided a ton of expertise. We are so thankful that we had her and that we went with this venue. Cannot recommend them highly enough.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer W. Married on 10/05/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing service, gorgeous venue for great value

We were thrilled to find The Wimbish House - a gorgeous, affordable, classic venue in the heart of Midtown. You really don't have to do much with the space because it is stunning and well maintained. With 160+ guests we had to get a little creative with the use of the space - but Karin and her team are true professionals and make it SO easy from start to finish. We utilized her day-of wedding planning service, and it was completely worth it. Karin saved me by literally sewing my bustle and ripped lace strap ON ME while the reception was going on. I felt completely confident that everything was going to go as planned, and am thrilled we went with this space. Guests LOVED the venue!
    Marlene P. Married on 08/17/2019

Chef Cary Caterer

Chef Cary team is awesome. Very professional, easy to work with. They put aside some hours d’ oeuvres to make sure we ate before our reception. Their head chef Veronica was very helpful with my planner. They gave me a stress free day
    Temeka D. Married on 07/07/2019

Recent Wedding

I had my wedding at this venue recently, and it was exactly what I wanted to fit my theme. I had looked at other venues before looking at this one but when I did get to see it I knew it was the one. The price was very reasonable and Karen is such a sweetheart. She is very professional and works with you down to the wire to make sure everything you need from her for your day is in place. The natural beauty of the venue left my guest speechless and in awe of everything. I love it!!!! Thank you Karen and your staff, you guys are awesome!!!!
    Daniel H. Married on 05/26/2019

A perfect wedding venue!

We looked at many places in the Atlanta area for our wedding venue. The Wimbish House was by chance the last we visited, but as soon as we walked in we knew it was the perfect place for our special day. The house is incredibly beautiful and located in the heart of midtown. Karin is friendly and welcoming and knows both the venue and rhythms of a wedding inside and out. She worked with us and our vendors to make everything run smoothly both prior to and on the day of the wedding, which helped my husband and I relax and enjoy the day. They are incredibly flexible with decorations and vendors (their list of vendor recommendations will help you find a perfect caterer, photographer, and more!), so our wedding felt exactly customized to our tastes while preserving the natural beauty of the house (which also meant less work needed for decoration!). Our guests raved about the Wimbish House, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to have had both our wedding ceremony and reception there. It’s the perfect indoor venue in Atlanta (a fact were were especially grateful for since we got married on a day where the temps were above 95 °F!).
    Kelly Married on 04/27/2019

Excellent!

We had such a wonderful experience working with the staff at the Wimbish House for our wedding. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and I could not speak more highly of Karin (our wedding coordinator). She truly ran the show at our reception; she made sure we ate, had drinks ready for us at all times, and most importantly made sure everything ran on schedule. All of our family members and other guests were raving about her by the end of the night. We are so happy we held our wedding reception here!
    Jessica Q. Married on 04/13/2019

An absolute dream!

Could not have asked for a better experience with the Wimbish House. The venue was absolutely dreamy! We knew the second we walked in that we wanted to get married there. It is elegant, yet so warm and inviting.
    Karin was absolutely phenomenal. She kept the day organized to a T and was an excellent communicator the entire process. We are so so grateful for her. Her hard work definitely did not go unnoticed by the wedding guests--we received many compliments from guests as to how well-organized the wedding was!
    Caroline Married on 04/06/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful venue and stellar team to help create our dream wedding

My husband and I are so happy we chose the Wimbish House as our wedding venue. From the beginning, Karin has been very responsive and accommodating. As my family does not live in the USA, I wanted to Facetime my mom while touring the place, and Karin was so understanding and supporting. This made it so much easier to feel absolutely happy with our choice of venue. Karin also let us tour the place, once already confirmed, when my family was in town. Everybody loved the place, it is beautiful, and does not need a lot to be set for a perfect wedding decor.
    Throughout our planning, Karin provided recommendations and was super responsive, which is so nice when you are planning your welcome.

Karin also was our wedding day of coordinator, and I cannot recommend this enough. She helped us prior to the day to make sure all of our vendors knew where to be at what time, and she created a wedding time-line for us, which was so helpful. During the day, she made sure everything went smoothly and was super helpful. For example, when we needed a thin glass for my husband to break after the ceremony (as the rabbi mentioned the one we had was to thick), she provided one within minutes. She also made sure we had a nice private moment after our cocktail hour and this was wonderful.

I truly cannot recommend the Wimbish House enough and believe it is very fairly priced (and as you can bring in your own alcohol, you will save quite a bit there). We had an amazing day and could not have been happier with our venue! Huge thanks to Karin and her team!
  • Hannah
    Hannah Married on 03/23/2019

Dream Wedding

The Wimbish House was a dream to get married in! It was definitely the perfect venue for my husband and I. We had no idea what we wanted going into our wedding day, but once we saw that bridal suite we knew this was where we were getting married! It was like everything came together. The space flows so nicely and it is truly a wonderful day. You do not need much decoration because the venue speaks for itself. We hired Karin for our day of services and truly worried about nothing the whole day. It was her goal to make sure the bride/groom, and all parents worried about nothing and always had everything we needed and we did. I literally have no idea if anything went wrong and if it did Karin fixed it! She took care of all the vendors and details. Also - when you contract, they give you a packet with a ton of information. I researched a ton of my own vendors, but ultimately hand picked the perfect team off of Karin and team's list of recommended vendors. We seriously could not be more happy with the list and service levels provided on the list. We had an exceptional day and are so glad the Wimbish House was a part of it!
illustration stars