The Wimbish House Reviews

The Wimbish House 5
The Wimbish House 6
The Wimbish House 7

ashley · Getting married on 02/09/2019

Beautiful venue, seamless day, everything PERFECT!

If you want a fantastic wedding day in an amazing venue, you have found the place. The Wimbish House is classic, elegant, and extremely beautiful. Karin and the team are phenomenal and everything went perfectly. We couldn't believe how great it was! She was extremely detail oriented and made sure everything was done to my exact specifications - she fixed last minute issues and made it all work out. I wasn't stressed on my wedding day... because of Karin. She is just that amazing at her job.

Emily · Married on 10/06/2018

Excellent from beginning to end.

The venue is beautiful. No other venue had such great space to get ready in!

The ballroom is stunning, original 1920's decor and hard wood.

Karin and the whole team at Wimbish have amazing attention to detail, and seem to genuinely care about the bride and their guests. The venue was beautiful, but the service - hands down was what made my day special.

The Wimbish House 8

Collins · Married on 08/04/2018

Karin and her team were a joy to work with! The venue is beautiful and was perfect for our 100-person wedding ceremony and reception with dinner and dancing. We could not have asked for a more perfect Atlanta location with a huge dash of Southern charm.

Kristin · Married on 04/21/2018

SO happy with the entire experience of getting married at the Wimbish House! Karin went above and beyond to make the day flow smoothly and stress free for our families. Everything was absolutely beautiful and we couldn't be happier! The location was also really great for our out of town guests who could walk from nearby hotels.

The Wimbish House 9
    The Wimbish House 10
    The Wimbish House 11
    The Wimbish House 12
    The Wimbish House 13
    The Wimbish House 14

maria · Married on 04/07/2018

We loved our experience with the Wimbish House. Karin and her staff are excellent. My husband and I looked at a number of venues in the city, but ultimately picked the Wimbish House as it's location and beauty couldn't be met in our eyes. Also being able to have it for so many hours and being able to bring in our own alcohol were huge pluses for us. We loved getting ready there and having a place for our guests to go right after our early afternoon ceremony (held off-site at a church nearby). The whole experience was fantastic and we received so many compliments on how beautiful, unique and neat the Wimbish House is. Even people who weren't able to attend give compliments on the stunning pictures from the house. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Lillian · Married on 03/03/2018

My daughter held her wedding at Wimbish House on March 3, 2018. The entire venue looked spectacular and the staff was so warm and helpful. Karin H. is wonderful to work with. Wish I had another big event to host at Wimbish!

Amy · Married on 01/27/2018

Our wedding was awesome. I didn't do a wedding planner but used Karin and her team for the day of coordinator service HIGHLY RECOMMEND. I came downstairs after my hair and make up thinking I would have to help decorate and they had all my decor set up better than I ever could have. Karin also met with us prior to the wedding to go everything and talked me through things I hadn't thought of and made recommendations which helped a lot as they are the experts! We were able to bring in our own alcohol which was awesome. We picked one of the 30+ approved caterers (Party Execs- best decision ever). If you are looking to do a wedding in the most practical way- Wimbish House is the way to go. It's so beautiful in there!

Emily · Married on 01/13/2018

From the day of our first visit to the Wimbish house I knew that this was the venue for us. We looked at other venues but nothing compared to the building, the location, the atmosphere, the options and Karin. The house is stunning and we received so many compliments about how beautiful the venue was from all of our guests. We also had a lot of out of town guests come in to town for our wedding so it was ideal to have our wedding walking distance from some of the most beautiful hotels in Atlanta. The list of caterers the Wimbish offers we're outstanding (we went with Chef Cary's Cuisine and we're extremely pleased.) Being able to bring our own alcohol was also a big seller when looking for venues. And last but certinely not least is the amazing Karin. We added on the day of services that Karin offers and could not have been happier. She made the whole process of putting the wedding and timeline together so easy. She was felixible when we wanted to make changes and listened to our concerns and some of our "different" (moving tables during the reception, fingerprint hearts during the ceremony). If you think it and want it included in your wedding... Karin will find a way. On the actual wedding day, Karin goes above and beyond! She helped decorate and make sure that everything looked beautiful while I was upstairs getting ready, not having to worry about anything. Once the ceremony Karin kept the whole evening on track so that things went flawlessly and if there were hiccups.... I didn't know about them. The Wimbish house is the perfect wedding venue for an unforgettable wedding and the addition of Karin will ensure a flawless wedding day/evening.

The Wimbish House 15

Evie · Married on 12/16/2017

We used the Wimbish house for our wedding reception. We didn’t have a wedding planner but the staff at the Wimbish house were more helpful than we could have possibly expected. The day of went smoothly because of their help. The house is beautiful and spacious. A 12 hour time period for our wedding made sure we weren’t rushed on the wedding day. Our wedding was during the Christmas period, and the house had some Christmas decoration at that time, but it was very tasteful and pretty and not overpowering at all. We and our family were all very pleased with the venue!

Ellen · Married on 11/18/2017

Mother of the Groom here! We booked the venue this past July after an exhaustive search for just the right place and our wedding was held in November. Wimbish House was more than a venue for our family -it was a magical experience from start to finish and provided a unique southern backdrop to our almost 120 guests. Like most families ..this was our very first wedding ! Karin Holben , Director of Wimbish House immediately put us at ease, opened her arms and helped us create our special day. I’ll give you the top ten reasons to choose Wimbish .. (1) Location ..we were able to have the wedding and reception in the same amazing location. (2) Flexibility -we were allowed to use our own caterers but at the same time Karin’s staff provided excellent service and coordinated the day from start to finish. (3) The facility was absolutely stunning! The backdrop for photos included great shots inside while wedding party while getting ready, family photos on the porch outside before the wedding, and a great dance floor and reception area to party! (4) Inclusiveness of all the tables, linens, tableware, etc., and the house staff. (5) Karin’s knowledge ! She knew how to get the job done with ease. She helped us make accommodations with our vendors and was extremely responsive and detailed. She even coordinated the drop off the bride and grooms personal belongings after the late reception. (6) Our wedding guests loved it. It was perfect for our out-of-town guests because of the proximity to major hotels , they were able to stay in Midtown, enjoy their time in Atlanta, and easily walk to the Venue . (7) The Wimbish House was beautifully decorated for the holiday season so this just added to the appeal. (8) The accommodations for the bridal party AND groomsmen while dressing were spacious and welcoming. We were able to sneak peaks and keep up with each side! (9) Price ..We absolutely thought Wimbish was by far the leader in its price range

Caitlin · Married on 11/04/2017

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Wimbish House in November and we cannot say enough about how wonderful this venue is! From our initial tour all the way up until our finale exit on our wedding night, the entire Wimbish House staff was courteous, responsive, accommodating, and made us feel special! We worked particularly with Karin who kept us organized and helped turn our vision into a reality! One of our favorite moments was the little table she had set up for us upstairs during cocktail hour so we could eat our dinner and share a few moments before the reception began. We would highly recommend this venue to anyone getting married in Atlanta! It is absolutely beautiful and Karin in amazing!

Rachel · Married on 10/14/2017

There really was no other choice except The Wimbish House for Zack and I! The elegance and spaciousness of the venue was matched only by the graciousness and flexibility of our hostess/day-of-coordinator, Karin Holben. What really clenched it for us (besides the location!) were the suites provided for the bride and the groom. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, he gets his own suite!! Not only that, but Wimbish House's affiliate vendors were the creme de la creme- our DJ played the best songs, and ive received so many compliments on the food!! (Reviews to come!) If you really want your wedding to be top notch, and you adore elegance and attention to detail, there really isn't any choice for you, either!

• Z

Zack · Married on 10/14/2017

Could not have dreamed of a better venue! Loved that both the bride and groom get an individual suite. Karin was absolutely amazing to work with!

Liz · Married on 10/07/2017

We had the pleasure of having our daughter's wedding at The Wimbish House in October. Best decision we made. The venue was perfect and Karin was so helpful. Highly Recommend!

Robin · Married on 08/26/2017

We chose the Wimbish house to host our wedding this past summer. It was a gorgeous venue, accessible for people in wheelchairs, and was elegant and Southern. We had a lot of people (200), and it was able to accommodate my guests. I really don't know what I would have done without Karin and Karina helping me pull this off. I hired Karin as my day of coordinator, and trust me- if you do a wedding here, HIRE THIS SERVICE. I would have come apart otherwise. She kept everyone in line, and our wedding moving along. I didn't have to worry, because she was there.

The Wimbish House 16
    The Wimbish House 17
    The Wimbish House 18

Donna · Married on 08/26/2017

We hosted our son’s wedding Rehearsal Dinner at The Wimbish House in August 2017. From the first meeting with Karin Holben, we fell in love with the gracious atmosphere and beautiful decor. The facilities are outstanding, and all accommodations were made available to us, ranging from young children to elderly guests’ needs, to serve approximately 100 guests. Our family and friends were so complimentary about the gorgeous surroundings and how smoothly every part of the evening flowed. Karin and staff shepherded us through each phase of planning and worked seamlessly with our caterer, pianist, bartenders and servers. It was a magical evening, flawlessly planned and executed without a single hitch. As hostess, I am so thankful that we chose The WImbish House as our venue.

Gregory · Married on 07/07/2017

We had an excellent experience at this historic home.

The Wimbish House 19
    The Wimbish House 20
    The Wimbish House 21
    The Wimbish House 22

Kayla · Married on 05/20/2017

Our wedding day at Wimbish was everything we wanted and more! Karin and her team were easy to work with and our guests loved this unique venue in the heart of Midtown Atlanta, would definitely recommend!

Mattie · Married on 04/22/2017

We can not say enough good things about The Wimbish House and Karin Hobin ! No details went undone and our guests were so complementary ! Wimbish House is a hidden gem for a wedding reception. If you are looking for classic and beautiful The Wimbish House is the place!

Melissa · Married on 04/15/2017

Our wedding at The Wimbish House was like I had always dreamed. Karin was absolutely a pleasure to deal with in planning and executing our wedding. She was extremely knowledgeable and built a rapport with us immediately. She was far better prepared than any of the other planner or venue coordinator we dealt with during our search for a venue. She immediately made my fiance and I feel very comfortable and when we left I knew The Wimbish House was the place for us although we had other venues to see that day. After we secured the venue, Karin made herself available any time that we had a question and was very accessible and responsive to us. You can tell she takes a great deal of pride in her work and I was happy to hire her for the day of coordination. She made sure that the wedding went off without a hitch and it truly was a magical day. I could not be happier to recommend The Wimbish House and Karin for their wedding services; they are the best in the business!

• User7909258 · 1+ year ago

Let us tell you how incredible this venue is! First off, it is a steal for the location, ambiance, and capacity that it holds. My fiance and I looked all over the metro Atlanta area and The Wimbish House was extremely competitively priced for a venue of its size, location and quality. The inside is beautiful and the outside is well maintained and makes for phenomenal pictures with a cityscape background. If cityscape isn't your thing the front porch and magnolia tree in the front yard make for great pictures as well. The inside has recently been renovated and casts a very elegant, intimate and classy vibe. Our guests could not stop telling us about how nice it was. Karin Holben, the Venue Manager, meticulously maintains the venue. It is always clean and inviting. The venue also has two pianos that can be used for the ceremony and cocktail hour. I highly recommend this. Having two grand pianos at your disposal (included at no additional charge) is something not to overlook. We could go on and on describing the benefits but you should do yourself a favor and at least go visit it. The venue will speak for itself. Now more about Karin Holben. For a small fee you can use her as your Day Of Planner and she is worth every.last.cent. She knows the ins and outs of that place and it shows from the second you walk in for a tour to the second you enter your getaway car. Honestly, she really shouldn't even call herself the Day Of. She is on your team from the moment you book to the few days concluding your wedding! She knows all the vendors you'll need and will provide you advice and contacts should you ask. She handles the timelines, follows up with your vendors, runs your rehearsal and of course runs point on your big day. In fact, she is there most of the time so she is always thinking about how best to serve you. You will not be disappointed in her or this venue. Do yourself a favor and book a tour.

Lana · Married on 12/30/2016

This is a breathtaking place! Karin and her team were awesome---very responsive and involved. The value for this location and level of service is great. The inclusion of tables and chairs in the price helps a lot. My daughter just got married here last Friday--Dec. 30. We liked the fact that we could purchase and serve our own bar, something that was important to us and is a rare find. The midtown location is convenient for visitors and I love the mansion set amid the skyscrapers of the city. Do not hesitate to choose this venue!

Mandy · Married on 11/05/2016

My fiance and I are renting The Wimbish House for our wedding reception in November. From the beginning, Karin has been extremely positive and helpful through the process with the contract, event planning, helpful vendor references, and other specific questions related to just planning a wedding. I have often said that I am missing the "bride gene" and Karin relieved me of the anxiety of planning our wedding immediately. She has been incredibly attentive and remains to be detailed oriented. I am eternally grateful to The Atlanta Women's Club for their beautiful venue, The Wimbish House, and even more grateful for Karin's assistance during this beautiful time in our lives.

Trish · Married on 10/22/2016

Wimbish stands out from other venues in so many ways: first of all, the property itself is life hosting an event in a beautiful home, having two "levels" for cocktail hour/dinner or wedding attendance/reception. Secondly, Karin Holben and staff are absolutely top notch, professional people who work hard to make your special day seamless! They offer so many "extras" compared with other venues. Really enjoyed our rehearsal dinner here, and would host a wedding or party here in a heartbeat.