The Wimbish House Reviews

The Wimbish House 5
The Wimbish House 6
The Wimbish House 7

Caroline · Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful venue and stellar team to help create our dream wedding

My husband and I are so happy we chose the Wimbish House as our wedding venue. From the beginning, Karin has been very responsive and accommodating. As my family does not live in the USA, I wanted to Facetime my mom while touring the place, and Karin was so understanding and supporting. This made it so much easier to feel absolutely happy with our choice of venue. Karin also let us tour the place, once already confirmed, when my family was in town. Everybody loved the place, it is beautiful, and does not need a lot to be set for a perfect wedding decor.
    Throughout our planning, Karin provided recommendations and was super responsive, which is so nice when you are planning your welcome.

Karin also was our wedding day of coordinator, and I cannot recommend this enough. She helped us prior to the day to make sure all of our vendors knew where to be at what time, and she created a wedding time-line for us, which was so helpful. During the day, she made sure everything went smoothly and was super helpful. For example, when we needed a thin glass for my husband to break after the ceremony (as the rabbi mentioned the one we had was to thick), she provided one within minutes. She also made sure we had a nice private moment after our cocktail hour and this was wonderful.

I truly cannot recommend the Wimbish House enough and believe it is very fairly priced (and as you can bring in your own alcohol, you will save quite a bit there). We had an amazing day and could not have been happier with our venue! Huge thanks to Karin and her team!

Sent on 04/18/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 03/23/2019

Dream Wedding

The Wimbish House was a dream to get married in! It was definitely the perfect venue for my husband and I. We had no idea what we wanted going into our wedding day, but once we saw that bridal suite we knew this was where we were getting married! It was like everything came together. The space flows so nicely and it is truly a wonderful day. You do not need much decoration because the venue speaks for itself. We hired Karin for our day of services and truly worried about nothing the whole day. It was her goal to make sure the bride/groom, and all parents worried about nothing and always had everything we needed and we did. I literally have no idea if anything went wrong and if it did Karin fixed it! She took care of all the vendors and details. Also - when you contract, they give you a packet with a ton of information. I researched a ton of my own vendors, but ultimately hand picked the perfect team off of Karin and team's list of recommended vendors. We seriously could not be more happy with the list and service levels provided on the list. We had an exceptional day and are so glad the Wimbish House was a part of it!

Sent on 04/02/2019

Sf Fd · Married on 03/02/2019

Amazingly Beautiful Venue!

The Wimbish House was the absolute perfect venue for my wedding. Karin and the staff were incredibly helpful and accommodating in every aspect. Every detail went off perfectly and I can honestly say I am thrilled with every piece of the day. Karin truly let me enjoy every moment and took the stress off of having to worry about anything. She handled all the little things and did a fantastic job! I was able to have fun and relax knowing that she would handle everything flawlessly. Throughout the planning process, Karin was very responsive and always available to talk me off a ledge when needed!

The venue speaks for itself and is stunning - truly provides an old world feel in the middle of the vibrant city. It really creates the perfect environment for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and a super fun reception. Relaxing with the bridal party before the wedding in the upstairs suite area was a huge bonus. My husband and I particularly liked our post-ceremony dinner date upstairs in a private room to take a moment to just spend time together amongst the crazy day. I would highly recommend The Wimbish House for your wedding or another big event!

Sent on 03/22/2019

ashley · Married on 02/09/2019

Beautiful venue, seamless day, everything PERFECT!

If you want a fantastic wedding day in an amazing venue, you have found the place. The Wimbish House is classic, elegant, and extremely beautiful. Karin and the team are phenomenal and everything went perfectly. We couldn't believe how great it was! She was extremely detail oriented and made sure everything was done to my exact specifications - she fixed last minute issues and made it all work out. I wasn't stressed on my wedding day... because of Karin. She is just that amazing at her job.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Dennis Collard · Married on 01/19/2019

Best wedding decision we made

The Wimbish House is a special place run by amazing people. The venue itself is breathtaking and extremely versatile with the main ballroom, but literally two other floors of beautiful rooms for people to gather and socialize, and for the happy couple, wedding party, etc. to have some private time. The staff, led by Karin Holben, one of the coolest people on the planet, go above and beyond at all stages of planning and on the big day. We also loved that they know all of the major vendors in town, including ours. So, everything went very smoothly. Many of our friends and family said, "best wedding ever." And it really was the happiest day of our life, thanks in very large part to the Wimbish House. Without reservation I give it the highest possible review.

Sent on 02/15/2019
  • Jordana

Jordana Garcia · Married on 01/05/2019

Dream venue and amazing experience

We were SO happy with everything related to hosting our wedding reception at the Wimbish House. It is an absolutely gorgeous venue. We went pretty light on the flowers and decorations because the House is already so beautiful. Our guests loved the fancy homey feel of the House. It felt like we were hosting our reception in a private home. We worked with Karin Holben and she was a dream to work with. We hired her as our day-of Coordinator and our wedding day went so smoothly. If there were any issues - we don't know because she took care of everything. She helped us figure out and streamline everything - our must-haves, our vendors and our day-of schedule. She has excellent taste and anytime I had a question or just wanted her opinion on something she replied promptly. We couldn't be happier with the service from the Wimbish House team and again, the venue is so beautiful.

Sent on 01/21/2019

Emily · Married on 10/06/2018

Excellent from beginning to end.

The venue is beautiful. No other venue had such great space to get ready in!

The ballroom is stunning, original 1920's decor and hard wood.

Karin and the whole team at Wimbish have amazing attention to detail, and seem to genuinely care about the bride and their guests. The venue was beautiful, but the service - hands down was what made my day special.

Sent on 10/21/2018
    The Wimbish House 8

Collins · Married on 08/04/2018

Karin and her team were a joy to work with! The venue is beautiful and was perfect for our 100-person wedding ceremony and reception with dinner and dancing. We could not have asked for a more perfect Atlanta location with a huge dash of Southern charm.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Kristin · Married on 04/21/2018

SO happy with the entire experience of getting married at the Wimbish House! Karin went above and beyond to make the day flow smoothly and stress free for our families. Everything was absolutely beautiful and we couldn't be happier! The location was also really great for our out of town guests who could walk from nearby hotels.

Sent on 05/31/2018
    The Wimbish House 9
    The Wimbish House 10
    The Wimbish House 11
    The Wimbish House 12
    The Wimbish House 13
    The Wimbish House 14

maria · Married on 04/07/2018

We loved our experience with the Wimbish House. Karin and her staff are excellent. My husband and I looked at a number of venues in the city, but ultimately picked the Wimbish House as it's location and beauty couldn't be met in our eyes. Also being able to have it for so many hours and being able to bring in our own alcohol were huge pluses for us. We loved getting ready there and having a place for our guests to go right after our early afternoon ceremony (held off-site at a church nearby). The whole experience was fantastic and we received so many compliments on how beautiful, unique and neat the Wimbish House is. Even people who weren't able to attend give compliments on the stunning pictures from the house. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 08/29/2018

Lillian · Married on 03/03/2018

My daughter held her wedding at Wimbish House on March 3, 2018. The entire venue looked spectacular and the staff was so warm and helpful. Karin H. is wonderful to work with. Wish I had another big event to host at Wimbish!

Sent on 03/09/2018

Amy · Married on 01/27/2018

Our wedding was awesome. I didn't do a wedding planner but used Karin and her team for the day of coordinator service HIGHLY RECOMMEND. I came downstairs after my hair and make up thinking I would have to help decorate and they had all my decor set up better than I ever could have. Karin also met with us prior to the wedding to go everything and talked me through things I hadn't thought of and made recommendations which helped a lot as they are the experts! We were able to bring in our own alcohol which was awesome. We picked one of the 30+ approved caterers (Party Execs- best decision ever). If you are looking to do a wedding in the most practical way- Wimbish House is the way to go. It's so beautiful in there!

Sent on 02/16/2018

Emily · Married on 01/13/2018

From the day of our first visit to the Wimbish house I knew that this was the venue for us. We looked at other venues but nothing compared to the building, the location, the atmosphere, the options and Karin. The house is stunning and we received so many compliments about how beautiful the venue was from all of our guests. We also had a lot of out of town guests come in to town for our wedding so it was ideal to have our wedding walking distance from some of the most beautiful hotels in Atlanta. The list of caterers the Wimbish offers we're outstanding (we went with Chef Cary's Cuisine and we're extremely pleased.) Being able to bring our own alcohol was also a big seller when looking for venues. And last but certinely not least is the amazing Karin. We added on the day of services that Karin offers and could not have been happier. She made the whole process of putting the wedding and timeline together so easy. She was felixible when we wanted to make changes and listened to our concerns and some of our "different" (moving tables during the reception, fingerprint hearts during the ceremony). If you think it and want it included in your wedding... Karin will find a way. On the actual wedding day, Karin goes above and beyond! She helped decorate and make sure that everything looked beautiful while I was upstairs getting ready, not having to worry about anything. Once the ceremony Karin kept the whole evening on track so that things went flawlessly and if there were hiccups.... I didn't know about them. The Wimbish house is the perfect wedding venue for an unforgettable wedding and the addition of Karin will ensure a flawless wedding day/evening.

Sent on 02/12/2018
    The Wimbish House 15

Evie · Married on 12/16/2017

We used the Wimbish house for our wedding reception. We didn’t have a wedding planner but the staff at the Wimbish house were more helpful than we could have possibly expected. The day of went smoothly because of their help. The house is beautiful and spacious. A 12 hour time period for our wedding made sure we weren’t rushed on the wedding day. Our wedding was during the Christmas period, and the house had some Christmas decoration at that time, but it was very tasteful and pretty and not overpowering at all. We and our family were all very pleased with the venue!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Ellen · Married on 11/18/2017

Mother of the Groom here! We booked the venue this past July after an exhaustive search for just the right place and our wedding was held in November. Wimbish House was more than a venue for our family -it was a magical experience from start to finish and provided a unique southern backdrop to our almost 120 guests. Like most families ..this was our very first wedding ! Karin Holben , Director of Wimbish House immediately put us at ease, opened her arms and helped us create our special day. I’ll give you the top ten reasons to choose Wimbish .. (1) Location ..we were able to have the wedding and reception in the same amazing location. (2) Flexibility -we were allowed to use our own caterers but at the same time Karin’s staff provided excellent service and coordinated the day from start to finish. (3) The facility was absolutely stunning! The backdrop for photos included great shots inside while wedding party while getting ready, family photos on the porch outside before the wedding, and a great dance floor and reception area to party! (4) Inclusiveness of all the tables, linens, tableware, etc., and the house staff. (5) Karin’s knowledge ! She knew how to get the job done with ease. She helped us make accommodations with our vendors and was extremely responsive and detailed. She even coordinated the drop off the bride and grooms personal belongings after the late reception. (6) Our wedding guests loved it. It was perfect for our out-of-town guests because of the proximity to major hotels , they were able to stay in Midtown, enjoy their time in Atlanta, and easily walk to the Venue . (7) The Wimbish House was beautifully decorated for the holiday season so this just added to the appeal. (8) The accommodations for the bridal party AND groomsmen while dressing were spacious and welcoming. We were able to sneak peaks and keep up with each side! (9) Price ..We absolutely thought Wimbish was by far the leader in its price range

Sent on 11/28/2017

Caitlin · Married on 11/04/2017

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Wimbish House in November and we cannot say enough about how wonderful this venue is! From our initial tour all the way up until our finale exit on our wedding night, the entire Wimbish House staff was courteous, responsive, accommodating, and made us feel special! We worked particularly with Karin who kept us organized and helped turn our vision into a reality! One of our favorite moments was the little table she had set up for us upstairs during cocktail hour so we could eat our dinner and share a few moments before the reception began. We would highly recommend this venue to anyone getting married in Atlanta! It is absolutely beautiful and Karin in amazing!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/14/2017

There really was no other choice except The Wimbish House for Zack and I! The elegance and spaciousness of the venue was matched only by the graciousness and flexibility of our hostess/day-of-coordinator, Karin Holben. What really clenched it for us (besides the location!) were the suites provided for the bride and the groom. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, he gets his own suite!! Not only that, but Wimbish House's affiliate vendors were the creme de la creme- our DJ played the best songs, and ive received so many compliments on the food!! (Reviews to come!) If you really want your wedding to be top notch, and you adore elegance and attention to detail, there really isn't any choice for you, either!

• Z

Zack · Married on 10/14/2017

Could not have dreamed of a better venue! Loved that both the bride and groom get an individual suite. Karin was absolutely amazing to work with!

Liz · Married on 10/07/2017

We had the pleasure of having our daughter's wedding at The Wimbish House in October. Best decision we made. The venue was perfect and Karin was so helpful. Highly Recommend!

Robin · Married on 08/26/2017

We chose the Wimbish house to host our wedding this past summer. It was a gorgeous venue, accessible for people in wheelchairs, and was elegant and Southern. We had a lot of people (200), and it was able to accommodate my guests. I really don't know what I would have done without Karin and Karina helping me pull this off. I hired Karin as my day of coordinator, and trust me- if you do a wedding here, HIRE THIS SERVICE. I would have come apart otherwise. She kept everyone in line, and our wedding moving along. I didn't have to worry, because she was there.

Sent on 11/22/2017
    The Wimbish House 16
    The Wimbish House 17
    The Wimbish House 18

Donna · Married on 08/26/2017

We hosted our son’s wedding Rehearsal Dinner at The Wimbish House in August 2017. From the first meeting with Karin Holben, we fell in love with the gracious atmosphere and beautiful decor. The facilities are outstanding, and all accommodations were made available to us, ranging from young children to elderly guests’ needs, to serve approximately 100 guests. Our family and friends were so complimentary about the gorgeous surroundings and how smoothly every part of the evening flowed. Karin and staff shepherded us through each phase of planning and worked seamlessly with our caterer, pianist, bartenders and servers. It was a magical evening, flawlessly planned and executed without a single hitch. As hostess, I am so thankful that we chose The WImbish House as our venue.

Sent on 12/30/2017

Gregory · Married on 07/07/2017

We had an excellent experience at this historic home.

Sent on 12/29/2017
    The Wimbish House 19
    The Wimbish House 20
    The Wimbish House 21
    The Wimbish House 22

Kayla · Married on 05/20/2017

Our wedding day at Wimbish was everything we wanted and more! Karin and her team were easy to work with and our guests loved this unique venue in the heart of Midtown Atlanta, would definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Mattie · Married on 04/22/2017

We can not say enough good things about The Wimbish House and Karin Hobin ! No details went undone and our guests were so complementary ! Wimbish House is a hidden gem for a wedding reception. If you are looking for classic and beautiful The Wimbish House is the place!

Sent on 04/27/2017