The Wilds Reviews

The Wilds View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Scott H. Getting married on 01/07/2022

Father of the Bride

Alison and her team were very professional, great to work with, very helpful, compassionate, and understanding. Highly recommend this venue to other couple looking for a wedding venue
    Susan C. Married on 10/09/2021

Excellent service!

Everything you could want from the Venue and staff. Great working relationships with all of our vendors. Knowledgeable and knew what we needed before we even did. I can’t even imagine hosting a wedding without Alison and her staff!

The Wilds's reply:

Thank you so very much for your review and for trusting The Wilds wedding venue team with your daughter's big day, Susan!
  • Rhonda
    Rhonda L. Married on 08/27/2021

Elegant and Amazing!

The Wilds Wedding Venue is absolutely stunning! The natural background and scenic views made for amazing photography. The facilities are stunning as well and provide a beautiful backdrop to any wedding style. The decorating packages, vendors, built-bars, and bridal lounge make The Wilds an absolutely perfect choice for any bride. As the mother of the bride, I was able to relax and enjoy the day while everything came together around us in stunning beauty. The staff is completely professional, responsive, and a pleasure to work with! I can't imagine a more perfect experience for our daughter and our family!

The Wilds's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this very thoughtful review, Rhonda. I'm going to miss connecting with you at our Monthly Open Houses! Wishing you and your lovely family all the very best!
  • Haley
    Haley Married on 06/26/2021

The most stunning and romantic venue with an incredible staff!

The Wilds Wedding and Event Venue is so, so special. It first drew us in for its beauty - set on a hill on a beautiful farm, it's picturesque, absolutely stunning. It was after meeting the owners, however, that we were sure we had found the perfect venue for our wedding! Alison and Brian have created the most incredible environment for couples planning their wedding day. The open houses, endless consultations, planning templates and timelines, preferred vendor lists, and decor inventory is something out of this world! Take it from me (the Bride), a strong Type A personality, that these things really came in handy as planning began! As for the day-of, the staff didn't allow us to lift a finger. They were all incredible and so accommodating! It was truly the most magical, stress-free, and perfect day - many thanks to the staff at The Wilds. We have been so blessed by them, and we look forward to growing our friendship!

Photographer - Jessica Dee Photography

Dear Haley,
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful review and these incredible photos! It was such an honor and a pleasure to host your epic wedding! Thank you for trusting us with this once in a lifetime occasion!

Sincerely,
    Alison & Brian
  • Joni
    Joni H. Married on 06/25/2021

Kaila Shaun Wedding 2021 at the Wilds

Our daughters wedding ended up as a magical event thanks to The Wilds and the event staff who helped pull off a dream filled day! When searching for a wedding venue we wanted the ceremony and the reception at the same place. The Wilds was a perfect fit! We booked a date with Alison after a tour and informational meeting.
    We were very impressed with the covered ceremony sight and the outdoor views are simply gorgeous and helped the pictures capture beautiful scenery. The ceremony was beautiful and once the ceremony was over, the guests simply walked to the outdoor patio while pictures of the wedding party were taken. The outdoor patio has its own beauty with the view, fireplace, hanging lights and the outdoor bar which was perfect for the cocktail hour where guests mingled and reconnected. Once the pictures were done the guests were re-directed to the indoor reception area where the magic continues. The farm tables are a perfect fit for almost any style of wedding, and the feel of the whole inside area is very sharp and clean with the white shiplap walls and wooden beams. The Bridal suite is adorable and the bar area is conveniently located as guests enter. The staff was very helpful and Alison was very patient with all my questions and she was always ready to help me. I can’t thank Alison enough first off for building a magnificent venue but also for her hospitality and expertise she gave to our family as we tried to maneuver through planning a wedding. We would highly recommend The Wilds to all of our friends and relatives looking to book the perfect wedding venue!

The Wilds's reply:

Joni, your review is so greatly appreciated! It was an absolute pleasure getting to know you and your family through this journey. We are filled with gratitude that you and J.C. trusted The Wilds with your daughter's once in a lifetime occasion! What an incredible day!

• Millie
    Millie Married on 05/31/2021

Mrs. Derringer and daughter review

The best venue!! We searched Ky, Indiana and Tenn. 2020 WAS AWFUL! Through it all, The Wilds held true to promises and offered more than we could imagine. Beautiful wedding. Excellent service from Allison and her staff. They became like part of the family. This wedding was so stress free with The Wilds involved in the special day!!

The Wilds's reply:

Thank you for trusting The Wilds wedding venue with your daughter's amazing wedding day, Millie! It was such a pleasure getting to know you and your family!
    Ramona Married on 05/15/2021

Perfect in every way.

These folks made our event planning so much easier. Alison even helped create the budget. And then the day of the event everything was perfect. They have already thought through every single detail and they handle it all with extraordinary professionalism. We had lots of places to visit and choose from. We chose The Wilds because of the people. And we are very happy that we did!!

The Wilds's reply:

Ramona, thank you for your kind review and your recognition that The Wilds is so much more than a space! The people and the connection between people - parents and children, husbands and wives, families, vendors - is truly what the day is all about and the center of our focus.
  • Laura
    Laura B. Married on 12/10/2020

Absolutely wonderful experience with The Wilds! (Review from parents of the Bride)

Our daughter and now son-in-law were married at The Wilds on October 4th, 2020. She could not have found a more beautiful venue and location for their wedding day!
    Alison Faulkner and her husband Brian, were wonderful to work with and so helpful in finding vendors, and answering questions through out the planning process and the wedding day! Also, the Booked Client Resource Guide was so helpful to our daughter in planning their special day.
    Since our daughter's wedding was during CoVid, this was a perfect place for the wedding. Great indoor and outdoor areas. The Wild's venue is a dream! JoAnna Gaines would be thrilled with the modern farmhouse elegant decor, touches and feel.
    Our daughter really wanted an outdoor ceremony, and their beautiful new outdoor ceremony pavilion with the Yellowwood State Forest in the background, was just what she had hope for. And if it had rained, the inside is so gorgeous! So rain or shine, a beautiful wedding can be had at The Wilds!
    And let me say, we are just getting some of her photographs back from the day, and they are absolutely gorgeous!!
    From the day we met, until the end of the wedding day, we just can't say enough good things about Alison, Brian, and The Wilds team!

The Wilds's reply:

Thank you for your incredibly kind review, Laura. And even more so, thank you for trusting us with your daughter and son-in-law's wedding day! It was an absolute pleasure getting to know Ashlyn, Matt and your families along our short journey to wedding day!
    Brooke F. Married on 09/25/2020

All You Could Ever Dream Of!

The Wilds was an absolute picture perfect wedding venue, I felt like I was in my own fairytale the entire day of my wedding!

When my husband and I first took a tour, I walked away immediately knowing this is where we would get married. For the first time ever, I could picture my big day. We met Alison for the tour and were absolutely blown away. She was so very kind, answered all of our questions, and made us feel like the most important couple in the world to her at that very moment.

Alison was so kind to check in on us during the planning process, provided tips to us, and was extremely responsive as those questions popped up. On the day of our wedding, the whole staff was an absolute dream to work with! Everyone made sure I did not lift a finger, and ensured I was very well taken care of. They made the whole day so much fun and relaxing if you can imagine that for your wedding day. I had the absolute time of my life at The Wilds.

They describe themselves as a turn key venue, and that is 100% true! From the decorating to everything else in between, they do it all! I highly highly recommend The Wilds and their amazing owners/staff. They made my wedding day better than I could have ever imagined!

Brooke,
    I am so grateful that we could provide you and Justin with your fairytale, stress-free wedding day! I can't wait to see your gorgeous wedding gracing the cover of magazines everywhere!

• Georges
    Georges R. Married on 09/18/2020

An amazing place for an amazing night

A fantastic middle ground between barn weddings and brick-modern venues, the wilds is picture perfect.
  • Pam
    Pam T. Married on 09/10/2020

The Wilds Was Perfect!!!

It was a true pleasure to worth with Alison in the months preceding our son and daughter-in-law's wedding! She is very professional, accommodating, and extremely organized to keep your planning on track. (The spreadsheets and checklists in the Client Portal are great.) The Wilds venue is absolutely beautiful - and it was breathtaking on the beautiful fall day we had in October. Best of all, we were completely worry-free on wedding day! Everything was executed perfectly - from the arrival of the bridal party for hair and make-up until the sparkler exit. Alison and her team were tremendous. I can highly recommend The Wilds!

The Wilds's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review, Pam. We are so grateful that we had the opportunity to share our dedication and care with Kyle, Naomi and your families. "Worry-free" is our goal at The Wilds!

With gratitude,
  • Matti
    Matti D. Married on 07/17/2020

Absolutely amazing... Unmatched!

It’s been almost four weeks since my now-husband and I had our wedding at The Wilds. I’ve written and re-written this countless times, trying to find the perfect words to describe this incredible venue and its owners (Alison and Brian), staff, and associated vendors. My conclusion - there are no words!

We booked The Wilds for our wedding sight-unseen after having to postpone our originally-scheduled wedding in Illinois. I spoke with Alison on the phone in May about their open dates in July, and after just a 30-minute phone call, I instantly knew our initially (so we thought) “ruined” wedding plan was going to be such a blessing in disguise. And oh my goodness was it ever!!!!!

Alison could not have been more gracious or genuine from the start. With just two months from booking to wedding day, she was SO organized and helpful in every single aspect of planning. Her recommendations were top-notch (One World Catering and Upland Brewing were amazing!!!) and her timely communication and willingness to answer ANY questions we had were unmatched. She and her team at The Wilds provided us with so many resources and ideas that I hadn’t even thought of that were so helpful when it came to day-of worries.

Alison, Brian, and their entire staff welcomed us with open arms from the start, without even knowing anything about us - and when we first met Alison and her husband in person the morning of our wedding day, I felt like we had already known them for so long. These people are seriously the BEST!!! If nothing else, book them just because they’re great people that will make your entire experience as amazing as possible.

Now to talk the venue itself. Honestly, just google “The Wilds” or scour their website and social media pages and let the pictures do the talking. The entire venue and surrounding scenery is absolutely breathtaking. No detail was overlooked when it came to the building, patio, huge ceremony pavilion, the bar, the bridal suite… even down to the gorgeous bathrooms! Every single guest at our wedding commented on how beautiful the whole place was. Our July 17th ceremony and reception couldn’t have been more perfect.

I know I’m leaving so many things out, and I’ll read this tomorrow wishing I would have said more… leave it to me to still write a book! BUT, I couldn’t recommend better people to work with, a better place to have a wedding, a better experience overall. The Wilds puts YOU at the center and your needs and desires over anything else. They truly want your day and entire wedding experience to be about YOU.

Having worked with a previous venue for 6 months prior to making the last-minute switch, I can tell you without a doubt that The Wilds is truly second-to-none. Nothing is hidden from you from the start. An open and honest… I don’t even want to call it business, because they make you feel more like family than just a client with a checkbook. Every step is taken to make sure your experience as a bride, groom, family member, or even guest is seamless and unmatched. The Wilds knows what they are doing, and I highly recommend them in every single aspect of what they do. 5 stars! 10 stars! 100 stars!!!!!
  • Lauren
    Lauren L. Married on 06/26/2020

Dream venue with dream staff/vendors

Covid bride alert! My original wedding plans involved getting married in Chicago. I had all my vendors lined up and then... covid came, which quickly sent my wedding planning into a complete tailspin. We realized our Chicago plans for a 250 person wedding summer 2020 were not going to happen, so we started looking elsewhere. Enter Alison. Where do I begin... this woman is amazing. From the moment we did our virtual tour of the Wilds we were sold. Not only because the venue itself is breathtaking and beautiful in every way, but Alison is one of the kindest, most caring humans I have ever met. She just has this way about her that is so calming. And let me tell you as a covid bride, she was my light on the darkest days. She was always a phone call or text away and I would tell my fiance at the time, that every time I spoke to her, I instantly felt better. I can tell you that after planning a wedding twice in two different states, I have met A LOT of wedding venue owners/ event coordinators, and I have never come across someone like her. I cannot recommend this venue enough. Leading up to the day, Alison has an AMAZING online planner and resource guide which I used for every step of the wedding planning process. These are also resources I have never seen from another venue. I couldn't have planned this wedding in 2.5 months without these guides. On the day of the wedding, Alison and her team made sure every single detail was perfect. And it WAS. I will forever be grateful that Alison and the Wilds came into my life at a time I needed them most. My wedding was not the day I originally planned, but actually it was even better. Thank you Alison, Brian and team for giving my husband and I our dream day!!!! Our hearts are so full.
  • Megan
    Megan L. Married on 05/02/2020

Absolutely amazing!

Alison and team are absolutely magical! We are lucky enough to work with them routinely, and their knowledge and skills for this industry are just out of this world. As a vendor, they help to make sure we can do our job as seamlessly as possible and it shines through for all couples that walk through their doors. You will not be disappointed in choosing this venue and will have memories that last a lifetime!
  • Erin
    Erin C. Married on 03/07/2020

Best Day Ever!

Wow! I knew our day would be special, but I didn’t expect it to be SO perfect! Our wedding felt like a fairytale, a dream come true. Alison and her team worked their magic and our wedding day flowed effortlessly. The venue is stunning, their rental collection is amazing and Alison is THE BEST! She was there for us throughout the planning process and had awesome recommendations on everything - from vendors to finding solutions for all of my questions. Thank you for creating this beautiful venue for Tyler and I to start our forever & ever after.

The Wilds's reply:

What a perfect start to the next amazing chapter of your story together! Thank you for the honor of hosting your amazing wedding at The Wilds!
  • Wendy
    Wendy V. Married on 09/18/2021

Thank you The Wilds!

We absolutely loved having out wedding at The Wilds. The property has so much to offer and they have really thought through all the necessities to make a venue beautiful but also comfortable. We loved being able to have our dance floor outside and the sunset was perfect for our photos. We did have to provide our own sound system/mic set up as we did not have a DJ and The Wilds does not provide such equipment (something that we thing the option to rent from the venue would've been amazing). There were a few things that on the day got loss in communication, but nothing that cause any major issues! Brian was also amazing at the end of the night making sure we had gotten all of our stuff. Thank you The Wilds!

The Wilds's reply:

Thank you so much for your review and detailed feedback. As a family owned business, we pride ourselves in going the extra mile, providing genuine care and great attention to detail!

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we have room to improve as we are constantly striving to ensure our clients continue to have the best experience possible.

Thank you!