The Westin Huntsville Reviews

15 | Huntsville, AL

15 Reviews for The Westin Huntsville

Robert · Married on 11/10/2018

Wonderful and Perfect

The Westin staff did an amazing job, from setting up a room block for all our guest, getting them checked in, setting up for our ceremony (with a last minute change to move the ceremony from outside to inside, to setting up the reception room, serving food and providing a wonderful staff that ensured our day we special and flawless!

Sent on 11/16/2018

The Westin Huntsville's reply:

Rob,

Thank you for choosing to work with us for your special day! It was a pleasure to work with you and Christina and we wish you the very best!

Many congratulations!

Sincerely,

The Westin Huntsville

I haven't had my reception yet but I will have it here in a few months. The staff here are awesome. Caroline worked well with me and no matter when I have a question, she is available to answer it for me. She has been so accommodating.

Sent on 10/02/2015

Amy · Married on 12/27/2014

This was an awesome venue for our wedding reception. They took care of everything and even provided us with a great space to get ready in the day of the wedding! They were fantastic!!

Sent on 01/02/2015

Rosario · event on: 05/17/2014

Jennifer Roberts is a constant professional. She along with the Westin staff made our daughter's quinceanera come true. The food was so fresh and delicious. The venue was clean, organized and well planned. All of the vendors had an assigned space to set up in a timely manner and without interruptions. The event went uniterrupted and on schedule. The staff was so friendly and worked fast to clean up. In addition, our guests had a few food allergies and they were happy to accomodate. Thank you for making my family and friends feel comfortable and relaxed.

Sent on 05/22/2014

I had a great experience from the first phone call. Jennifer was amazing every step of the way. The staff all made my special day wonderful.

Sent on 03/27/2014

Karin · Married on 09/28/2013

The Westin Hotel went above and beyond our expectations! Their assistance was invaluable to us during the entire planning process. The recommendations made for additional services were top notch. They were able to blend together the perfect "team" of musicians, videographers and florists to make our day complete! The staff at the hotel during our wedding weekend was professional and available to us. Many thanks to Marion and Pat for making our wedding seamless, fun and an experience of a lifetime .

Sent on 10/01/2013
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 08/31/2013

The Westin hotel was extremely accommodating to our every needs. Josi was who I corresponded with about every detail. She was wonderful and very helpful. The catering service at The Westin was fantastic! Everyone from my reception loved their food.

Sent on 09/03/2013
  • Mariah

Mariah · Married on 07/27/2013

The venue for our wedding was amazing. The staff and service was on point and made our special day go flawless. They were so accommodating to our every need.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Leanne · Married on 04/29/2011

Thank you WESTIN!! Even after the storms and not have very much power, they still rocked as my ceremony and reception venue!! The service was amazing, the food was good, and the courtyard setting was perfect!

Thank you especially to the food director, Jeremy, for being the jack of all trades!!

Sent on 05/10/2011

Patty · Married on 06/19/2010

They were great to work with. Our reception was beautiful.

Sent on 04/29/2012

Liza · Married on 05/29/2010

The Westin is a great place to have a reception. There is plenty of space, it's a beautiful hotel for your guests, and the food was yummy. The manager in charge of the event was particularly helpful. Everything went very smoothly. My only problem was that the front desk people weren't that helpful. I left a detailed list of guests who were to receive welcome bags when they checked in to the hotel and none of my guests received bags.

Sent on 06/28/2010

Noah · Married on 06/18/2011

We were planned to be outside but winds came through and blew away a lot of the tables so they had to move us inside very quickly before the reception started. They did an excellent job and were extremely flexible.

Sent on 06/28/2011

Matthew · Married on 07/03/2016

3.2
      3.0

I absolutely loved having my wedding at the Westin. We had an outdoor ceremony in the courtyard, the reception in the Mediterranean ballroom and both were perfect for us. The hotel is beautiful, rooms were great, and you can't beat Bridge Street. However, the planning was very stressful because of the poor communication from the staff. All of the people we communicated with were slow to respond to emails and phone calls, some worse than others, at times taking up to 3-4 weeks to respond. The catering manager we started working with was probably the slowest, she left in the middle of our planning luckily, but everyone we worked with was guilty of this. I understand there are events happening weekly and we weren't the priority always, however there really is no excuse for consistently taking so long.
    -The rooms were great and our guests were happy however setting up the room block and making changes was also difficult due to communication.
    -When guests arrived, the front desk handed out our welcome bags improperly despite specific instruction (1 per room, so nothing crazy), so some guests got multiple bags and others didn't get any because they ran out so rehearsal dinner information and our goodies didn't make it to everyone. The mistake continued after speaking to multiple people when we noticed couples walking around with extra bags.
    -We paid for a three course meal as stated in our catering contract. However, there was not enough dessert (key lime pie) served. Not sure if this was intentional knowing how much wedding cake and groom's cake we had but there was not nearly enough for 1 slice/person, I think 2-3 pies were served for our 90 guests.
    -I would recommend getting extra keys for the rooms you are getting ready in to give to vendors. Your room key only lets use the elevator to go to that specific floor, so we had a lot of people running around to get our photographer/videographer/coordinator where they needed to be and on to the right floor.

Sent on 01/31/2017

1.0

Do not...I repeat DO NOT use this venue for your wedding or reception or you will be highly disappointed.

Over the course of a year of planning our wedding this venue changed management and we dealt with five different hotel contacts. As a result there were several miscommunications which resulted in several tasting appointments instead of just one, unauthorized credit card charges, botched wedding rehearsal, the food didn't taste like the food at the tasting and they overbooked the hotel without booking our suite (which was supposedly included in the wedding package).

To make matters worse, the level of customer service we received after spending the amount of money we did was UNACCEPTABLE! The staff was very rude, slow to admit fault nor did they provide concessions!

They made our wedding experience memorable in an unfortunate way.

Sent on 12/20/2015

stephanie · Married on 06/17/2017

0.4
      0.5

We met with Natasha Lawrence to reserve the ballroom for our wedding she told us that she would send a package to choose from.. we never heard back even after several emails, and voice messages. I was told by a coworker who recently go married there.. that you have to stay on her. I feel if she was doing her job I shouldn't have to stay on her. We are very satisfied with our new vendor!

Sent on 08/09/2016