The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa Reviews

6 | Grand Cayman, CJ

6 Reviews for The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa

Kate Johnson · Married on 11/13/2020

Cancelled wedding

We had the absolute pleasure of working with Aleksandra at the Westin. We were originally scheduled to get married in May 2020, this got postponed to November 2020, and then recently cancelled.
    Aleksandra was great to work with from day one. We had never been to the Westin, but her work ethic and personality sealed the deal for us. She helped us plan our destination wedding from the states for approximately 100 guests. We had flown down for a long weekend to make a sight visit and she took us all around the resort showed us the area for the wedding and reception, went over everything in detail (this was after we had already signed contracts). She was always easy to get in contact with and prompt on getting back to you. When we originally postponed, she made that process incredibly simple for us and reached out to all the vendors for us. When our second date rolled around, we went back and forth for a while on whether or not we should postpone again. Aleksandra was extremely helpful and supportive through that very stressful time. She was always available by email, we had multiple calls back and forth.

While we were saddened that we couldn't have our dream wedding at the Westin Grand Cayman I wanted to leave a review to highlight how great Aleksandra is. I would highly recommend the Westin because of Aleksandra.

Sent on 09/27/2020

Susan · Married on 07/18/2015

Fabulous wedding planner Nikki Snow, gorgeous venue, great food and service.....totally happy start to finish

Sent on 07/23/2015

Piers Reynolds · Getting married on 02/11/2021

3.0

Lovely venue even better team

My wife and I had originally planned to go back to the UK for our wedding. When those plans fell through due to the Covid pandemic, we decided to stay on island and have an intimate ceremony with just the two us at the Westin's gazebo. Although not the cheapest venue, we really liked the beautiful location and we were delighted with the service that we got from Aleksandra Kiec. She helped us with arranging the music, finding an officiant etc. When our wedding had to be postponed again due to a tropical storm, she helped reorganize all of the vendors. She was a huge support in the lead up to the wedding and even on the day itself. Given the travel restrictions none of our family was able to attend Aleksandra was kind enough to film us on my wife’s phone so that our family good watch over zoom. This was such a huge gesture for us as it meant that our families could be a part of our big day. She even helped me prepare the flowers on the gazebo in the morning - making them look so much nicer than anything I could have achieved! Aleksandra was a huge support and made the planning of the wedding so easy. We would definitely recommend.

Sent on 11/24/2020

Alex · Married on 08/06/2020

Fantastic Coordinator

We ended up holding our wedding in the US, but we toured the Westin on a trip to the Cayman Islands during the summer because we were considering a destination wedding. We wanted to leave a review because we were so incredibly impressed with Aleksandra the wedding coordinator who took almost an entire afternoon to show us around the resort and answer every question we could come up with. She is absolutely fantastic and while after careful deliberation we chose to keep our event in the US, we were saddened by the fact Aleksandra wouldn't be coordinating our event. I know some of the reviews on here are less that complimentary of the Westin but it seems they've got the right combination now of a fantastic resort and a great coordinator.

Sent on 10/21/2019

1.0
      0.0
      3.0
      2.0
      0.0

We booked the Westin because the event planner (Lyndsey) on site was so helpful when we scouted the place out in May 2014 (for our Jan 2015 wedding). Here's what happened after we signed on the dotted line:

- Lyndsey quit the Westin in June/July 2014 to work for the Ritz Carlton down the beach. I was not informed of this for more than a whole month after Lyndsey quit by the hotel. During which time my emails were not responded to.

- Lyndsey's replacement was Marlene. Marlene had one phone call with me and then went MIA for weeks. Simple things like sending the catering menu to me cannot be done. Emails were unanswered. Phone calls were not picked up. I had no one to call during this time. After months of this (in Nov 2014, three months before my wedding), I sent Marlene an email saying we must talk. She and I got on the phone and I asked her if she was leaving the Westin to please give me a heads up so I am not caught unawares three months before the wedding. She said she's not going anywhere.

- Two weeks after our call Marlene was fired. I was given a new planner called Breanne.

- Luckily, I figured out right after the unfortunate phone call with Marlene that if I were to not find myself beholden to the poor service offered by the Westin on my wedding day, I had to go out and find an outside wedding planner instead of relying on the Westin to plan the event for me.

- From that point on, under the excuse that since I have now hired an outside planner, my experience with the Westin went from bad to worse.

You can private message me to find out the rest. The cherry on top was the hotel manager Morty Valldejuli hopping (yes, literally) on the porch to my room when I complained. I asked incredulously - "Did you just skip on my porch?" He turned around and said "This is MY porch!", and left. (This is a "25 year industry veteran")

My husband and I looked at each other could only laugh at that point onward. Because what else could we do?

Sent on 02/16/2015

Kate · Married on 12/03/2017

0.4
      0.5

My wedding was there in December 2017. It has taken me this many months to get over the upset of how much the Westin ruined my wedding and the additional events we planned that weekend. Breanne the on-site event planner is rude and completely unprofessional. We met with her multiple times to discuss the bill because it was not correct instead of spending times with our guest. She upped the price on the children’s menu and when I told her that the price was wrong she then stated prove it to me! - who says that to customers?? She never cordinated with the violinist and as I was waiting to walk down the isle Breanne came up to me and said the violinist is not here, should I call her? I’m suppose to walk down the isle in 2 minutes and now you check to see if she is there only to find out you didn’t follow up on it!!! Was suppose to be pork free but they served pork at one of the three events we held there. Many more examples but the bottom line is RUN! Don’t plan your wedding here. It’s August and I’m just now able to look at some of my wedding pictures without crying.

Sent on 08/10/2018