The West Side Bakery Reviews

The West Side Bakery 1
The West Side Bakery 2
  • Tricia

Tricia · Married on 10/13/2018

WEST Side Bakery is the BEST!!

West Side Bakery is absolutely AMAZING!! They designed our Golden cake and cookie favors using my vision and they came out absolutely beautiful and everyone raved how delicious the cake and cookies were and our cake was truly our centerpiece.

The West Side Bakery 3
    The West Side Bakery 4

ashley · Married on 07/21/2018

Just had my wedding cake done by The West Side Bakery and it was amazing! Beautiful, delicious and everything I was hoping for. My guests loved it and I'm just counting down the days until our first anniversary when we can eat the top!

Sent on 07/26/2018

The West Side Bakery's reply:

Thank you, Ashley, for your sweet words! We were so honored to be a part of your and Aaron's very special day! We look forward to being a part of your new family's special celebrations!

Ashley · Married on 05/05/2018

AMAZING! I have a dairy allergy and West Side Bakery worked with my restrictions to make a top tier I could eat. They also nailed the design.

The cake was so delicious we didn't have any leftovers and lots of our guest had 2 pieces!

Sent on 05/20/2018

The West Side Bakery's reply:

Hi Ashley!. We're so glad that you were able to enjoy the cake as much as your guests did. And thanks so much for your sweet words (pun intended)! We look forward to working with you again soon!
  • Renee

Renee · Married on 08/12/2017

Our favorite bakery! West Side Bakery never disappoints! My daughter just had her wedding cake made by them and it was delicious! Everything was perfect; exactly how we planned for it! Would highly recommend this bakery- I truly have not had any better cake anywhere else!

Sent on 08/17/2017

The West Side Bakery's reply:

Thanks for your kinds words, Renee! We're so happy that everything turned out perfectly for your daughter's big day.

Lindsey · Married on 06/10/2017

The West Side Bakery is absolutely phenomenal when it comes to wedding cakes, groom's cakes, any kind of cakes!! We chose the West Side Bakery for its delicious icing and fluffy, delectable cake flavors. There are so many to choose from, and Barb, the owner, was up for a challenge. I wanted to get my husband not just any ordinary groom's cake; I wanted it to be fun yet special for him. Barb took on the challenge and nailed it!! She and the West Side Bakery created "The Dude" from "The Big Lebowski" movie; words cannot describe the remarkable artistic talent that had to go into creating this life-like character...not to mention the taste was incredible! Our wedding cake was also absolutely gorgeous and delicious: white almond with raspberry filling and german chocolate. Our guests raved about each flavor! It was truly a pleasure working with Barb and the West Side Bakery, and I highly recommend them for any event!!

Sent on 06/20/2017

The West Side Bakery's reply:

You're so kind, Lindsey! Thanks for letting us be a part of your celebration and we hope that you and "your Dude" have many years of special (and sweet) memories!

meghan · Married on 10/22/2016

My cake was amazing. I only wish I could have ate more of it. This bakery was recommended by my caterer. We did a tasting and ended up picking out cake from that. They have beautiful cakes to pick from. They really try to work within your budget. So many guests raved about the cake. I heard people took 2+ pieces of cake!!! We will be back!!

Maggie · Married on 09/17/2016

Amazing amazing cakes!! We had three flavors for our wedding and people raved about it! Strawberry with strawberry preserve was my fave :). The cake looked beautiful as well! Cake is my favorite food and this place was on point!! :D

Working with Barb at West Side bakery was amazing. To start with the cake tasting was AMAZING! I don't like frosting never had b/c I think it is too sweet! Well the type of frosting West Side Bakery makes is so delicious, light and fluffy- I knew immediately this would be the place to get our wedding cake. West Side Bakery is so creative in their designs and their flavor options are out of this world! They worked with my fiancee and I to make a small cake for us to cut and a huge mini dessert bar for all our guests to enjoy. It was so yummy! My only regret was not eating MORE of our cake during our cake cutting. : )

Melissa · Married on 07/23/2016

West Side Bakery is amazing!! I was going back and forth on which bakery I should book for our wedding cake and finally stopped in to the West Side Bakery. Barb immediately met with me in order to discuss my vision for our wedding cake even though I didn’t have an appointment that day. Barb is absolutely wonderful! She was so easy to talk to and such a great person to work with. I gave her a picture of a cake that I liked and it turned out even more gorgeous than I could have imagined and was delicious!! We had so many compliments from our guests at the wedding!

Erin · Married on 05/07/2016

I could not speak higher for the fantastic cake The West Side Bakery provided. The nearly naked chocolate cake with raspberry and hazelnut fillings was absolutely delicious and beautiful. Exactly what we hoped for and we received numerous positive comments from "cake haters." I would not hesitate in ordering anything from The West Side Bakery.

Our cake was beautiful. They captured exactly what we wanted and did so for a reasonable price. We had a lot of compliments on the cake and cookie trays.

Everything was wonderful. The cake looked and tasted amazing! Reasonable price, beautiful cake stand rental. Consultation and tasting is complimentary and Barb is fantastic about working with you to help achieve exactly the look you want. They have lots of varieties and combinations of cake as well as the classics. Definitely recommend!!

Aimee · Married on 08/29/2015

I had The West Side Bakery make a themed cake for my bridal shower that was at the Cleveland Zoo. It was absolutely perfect! I am so happy with how it turned out. I wish I could post a picture of it. Everyone loved the look of it. And it tasted great, too! She made a vegan cake for us (my fiancé and I are vegan) and a gluten free cake, too (lots of my family is gluten-free). I absolutely recommend The West Side Bakery. (They are making our wedding cake too, but I'll wait to post a review of that until after the wedding.)

Garietta · Married on 08/29/2015

THis bakery was able to customize my cake the way I envisioned it. IT was lovely and the taste was on point. The guests were pleased with the quality of the cake. Lastly, I at the last minute, ordered a grooms cake in the shape of the Millennium Falcon. They did not blink and my groom was bowled over with delight at the sight of one of his favorite images in the form of a cake at his wedding. Kudos all around!

Donna · Married on 06/28/2015

West Side Bakery provided us with the most beautiful cupcakes for my daughter's wedding. We ordered a dozen gluten free, and several dozen lemon cupcakes with flowers on top in the brides choice of colors. Then we placed them on little individual cupcake holders in the shape of a heart on the dessert table, and they were gorgeous. The frosting was so creamy it was like whipped cream.
    I cannot attest to the flavor myself but others said they tasted great.
    This was the simplest way to have cake at a wedding that I have even known. And cost under $3 per cupcake.

Christine · Married on 06/27/2015

We had chosen The West Side Bakery based on reviews on the wedding websites, as well as "best of" city awards. It is no wonder that this bakery gets such high marks and so many awards. First, during the planning process, Barb and her staff were fantastic to work with, very polite, professional, knowledgeable people who strive to give you what you want, but able to offer up recommendations based on their expertise. We did a dessert table with cupcakes and assorted pastries, and this was a huge hit with everyone at our wedding. When we had gone in to the bakery for our cake tasting, we both said they were the best cupcakes we'd ever had (I'm vegan -- so I got to sample those...wow!). So, it was no surprise that by the end of our reception, there was not a crumb to be had. We ordered extras thinking there would be leftovers for people to take home, but our guests ate EVERYTHING on that table!! My first piece of advice if you're reading this review is to use this bakery for your wedding cake/other baked goods, and my second is to order a whole lot of extra servings because they will go quickly!!

Haley · Married on 06/26/2015

We loved working with The West Side Bakery for our wedding! Our cake was beautiful and DELICIOUS! We were excited that they were so willing to give us our "vision" of a wine themed cake! We were able to take ideas from a couple different cake examples and create something unique!

West Side Bakery also has so many different flavor choices, which is awesome! My husband and I had a great time mixing and matching different cake and filling flavors!

Thanks West Side Bakery!

Molly · Married on 06/06/2015

Delicious cakes! We ordered a variety of flavors and they were very accommodating of our requests. Lisa was very nice to work with, very professional and helped us choose a design that was perfect for our cakes. Samples were plentiful and many albums with designs were readily available. The frosting, in particular, was perfect.

We ordered a small cutting cake from West Side Bakery to cut during the reception (as we had alternate desserts to serve everyone). The cake was beautifully decorated in our colors, and absolutely delicious. It did not taste at all like a generic "wedding cake" but was moist and flavorful. We got marble cake with vanilla buttercream.

Sarah · Married on 05/16/2015

I was so impressed with West Side Bakery. Their service was incredible, and their cake was even better. I have been to soooo many weddings where the cake just sits there, no one eats it, and it's a big waste. At our wedding, everyone ate it, and people were even asking for seconds! Not to mention, it was absolutely beautiful too! I will continue to go to them for other smaller occasions in the future, but would absolutely recommend them to any bride.

• User5022057 · 2+ years ago

The Lena with white cake & raspberry filling was AMAZING!! Not only did this cake look stunning but it also tasted great! I highly recommend this vendor! I had two appointments with them and they used my concerns by talking me through the process. They had the cake at the venue on time. They displayed the cake exactly as we asked. They were professional, friendly, & attentive! We will certainly be using them again in the future for other celebrations!!

Sheila · Married on 09/20/2014

The cake was exactly as I wanted and it tasted wonderful!

Alexandra · Married on 05/31/2014

West Side Bakery is a phenomenal bakery and I would highly recommend using them to make your wedding cake! They were so easy to work with, very professional, flexible with my busy schedule and took such good care of my husband and I from start to finish. Their cake is amazing and it tasted so, so, so good the day of our wedding. I LOVED the way our cake looked as well. We got so many compliments on how beautiful it was and how delicious it tasted. I can promise you will be just as happy and satisfied if you choose them too!

Emariana · Married on 01/08/2014

My birthday is in December and I got married in January. My husband was so impressed after the cake tasting for our wedding that he got my birthday cake there too. Our cake was beautiful, but most importantly it was delicious! Westside was very accommodating in arranging the cake pick up - the retail store is closed in January when we got married, but pick up was a easy and the communication was great.

• Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 07/20/2013

I found the west side bakery to be delightful! I found a picture online if the cake I wanted (small, 3 tier white cake with bunting and pinwheels) for my carnival themed wedding and they duplicated it TO A TEE. The price was very reasonable and the cake tasted SO GOOD. I had so many components on it!