The Wentworth Reviews

The Wentworth 3
The Wentworth 4
The Wentworth 5

Jen · Married on 08/29/2015

I highly recommended this place if you are having a wedding or just looking to get away! The wedding coordinator, Kim, is always sure to get back to you and put your mind at ease. The owners are probably the two most adorable people EVER, and you will meet them throughout your stay as they enjoy mingling with their guest, assuring they are having a good time! Everyone is so nice and accommodating. If you are lucky enough to catch Kevin at the bar you're in for a real treat! A true "mixologist" who genuinely loves his job! He will mix you up something that you'll love just by telling him the types of flavors you like.
    Top to bottom this place was fantastic! My guest raved about the food and what a great time they had!!

Sent on 09/05/2015

Cynthia · Married on 06/27/2015

I cannot praise this place enough!!! I have not ONE bad thing to say about my entire experience at the Wentworth. It is truly a 5 star class act. From my initial meeting to my final goodbye, everything was exceptional. It all starts with Kim Labnon, the wedding coordinator. She is amazing. She made me feel like I was her only bride the entire time I was working with her. She listened and understood what I was looking for and wanted to do. She was patient with me and very quick to respond always with detailed answers. She kept me on track to make sure I was never overwhelmed. Working with Kim was an amazing, easy, and pleasant experience. I had met many coordinators looking for my venue, and Kim nailed it out of the part with our 1st meeting. She is very professional, friendly, and knows her stuff. Next to her is Paris, who handled the actual wedding day stuff. He is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! He truly went above and beyond the entire weekend. Wherever I looked Paris was there. He is a shining star on this staff!!! Beyond Kim and Paris, EVERYONE at the Wentworth is amazing. My husband and I requested Coors Light at the wedding. That night we were told they did not have it, not a big deal, before I knew it the owners wife (I am sorry for not knowing her name) had gone to the store herself to get it for us!!! That to me was something WAY above and beyond.... she wanted us to have whatever we needed. I have 100 stories just like this. They are the most genuine staff I have ever met and really and truly are HAPPY to help and make your stay amazing. I could go on and on about my experience here but you will truly never know how true this is without going there yourself. I have had many guest rave about their experience and are booking weekends to go again. My wedding was everything I dreamed of, causal, elegant, romantic, timeless. Thank you to the entire staff here for making my wedding MORE then I could have ever imagined!!!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Erin · Married on 06/18/2015

Exceptional.

We still do not have the words to express how amazingly talented, hospitable and exceptional the staff at The Wentworth are. Our wedding weekend was an absolute dream thanks to Kim and Paris. To start, Kim was so easy and comfortable to work with the 8-months leading up to our wedding-always promptly answering our many calls/emails and silly questions. She even last minute, gave up her Saturday to be at our wedding to help make sure it was seamless-which it was. There is no staff out there like The Wentworth. Paris was running around behind the scenes the entire weekend- working until the late hours of the night ensuring all of our guests and my husband and I are taken care and up early in the morning greeting everyone for breakfast. He really made our wedding weekend run without a hitch. And then the VENUE! You could not possibly pick a better backdrop for a wedding. Jackson is a dream. Our pictures do not even do it justice.

The Wentworth 6
    The Wentworth 16
    The Wentworth 17
    Sent on 10/30/2019

The Wentworth's reply:

Congratulations again Erin & Jeff! It truly was our pleasure working with you and your lovely family in the planning of your most special day!!!! Thank you for your kind words, it's folks like you that make us love what we do, so Thank you for recognizing our great TEAM:+) Wishing you both the Very Best! Happy Honeymoon! Kim

The staff is wonderful at The Wentworth and very accommodating. If you have a tent wedding here, I recommend using their uplighting.

Sent on 10/18/2014

Heidi · Married on 10/26/2013

Everything about The Wentworth Inn was perfect for our elegant country wedding. The landscape to the staff were all spot on. We had a lot of guests from out of town that couldn't believe how beautiful the venue was. THANK YOU to everyone at The Wentwoth for making our Wedding better than we could have ever imagined!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Kim · Married on 11/11/2011

The Wentworth Inn was the most elegant place to hold a wedding. We had our ceremony in the front dining room in front of the fireplace, moved to the lounge for a wonderful cocktail hour and transitioned into the back dining room for our reception. Kathleen DeVitto is the wedding contact and she is an absolute joy to work with. We are from MA, so most of or communications were by email and Kathleen is very quick with her responses. We met at the onset in June and once again in October to finalize for our November wedding. The staff was extremely friendly and especially efficient with any requests. We had several rooms, Thornycroft (the honeymoon suite), rooms in the main inn, rooms in the Arden building and the entire Amster building. The Amster building was perfect for us, as it has four suites and a common area, including leather sofa's, stone fireplace, windowseats, coffee tables and such, making it a nice family gathering room. We had family members in each of the suites, and actually used that gathering room for our after party. It was also a favorite due to the 8 person hot tub located in an outdoor courtyard of sorts in the center of the building. All the rooms including the dining rooms, lounge, back porch, lobby and even the lobby bathrooms
    were beautiful and elegant as well as warm and inviting. I couldn't have picked a better venue. Thank you Kathleen and all at the Wentworth Inn!!!

Sent on 11/29/2011

Jennifer · Married on 05/14/2011

Kathleen and The Wentworth were an absolute joy to work with. I'm so glad we had the opportunity to have our wedding there. Kathleen walked us through every step of the process and things went so smoothly.

Sent on 12/05/2011

Michelle · Married on 07/28/2018

We are so happy that we had our wedding at the Wentworth! Booking the Wentworth was the first decision we made in the planning process, and it was the cornerstone to a truly wonderful and magical day. We wanted a place where all of our guests could stay for an entire weekend, and the Wentworth fit that vision perfectly. Kim, the coordinator, answered emails from us literally day and night for the 11 months leading up to our date. She is very friendly and easy to work with, and guided us through every aspect of planning with the Inn. The Inn only does 1 wedding per weekend, so you and your guests have the whole inn (mostly) to yourselves - they give you their full attention, and the result is a laid back and enjoyable experience! They also provided a list of recommended vendors, from which we booked out florist, baker, and DJ, and hair/makeup and who were all awesome!! The owner is wonderful and personally chatted with us and congratulated us on the morning after our wedding. The food is seriously delicious. We attended the tasting that they host in March and loved it all so much that we had trouble deciding what to have for our wedding! Everything is fresh and tasty, and they are incredibly accommodating for food allergies and dietary restrictions. We can't say enough how accommodating they were to our every little request - they helped book golf and made breakfast early for the golfers. They helped us bring in all of our wedding "stuff" when we arrived, and we handed it all off worry-free for them to do the setup on the day. When a gift was missing the morning after the wedding, they personally assigned a staff member to be responsible for tracking it down. We had our ceremony at the gazebo along the river, and it was just a lovely, intimate spot. The tent for reception is beautiful! There are so many places at the Inn or nearby in Jackson to take gorgeous wedding photos! We seriously love the Wentworth and plan to be back to celebrate our anniversaries!

Sent on 08/13/2018

The Wentworth's reply:

Hey Michelle & Altan, It was a pleasure working with you as well. Thanks for your beautiful review and kind words. It's nice to hear that working with you cross country, had No Challenges at all, in spite of the time change challenges. We do have an amazing staff that hits it out of the park each and every weekend. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your weekend with us. We are looking forward to your next trip to the Wentworth!!! Happy Honeymoon! KIM

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2017

We traveled up the Wentworth many times throughout the wedding planning process, and were always greeted with open arms by the friendly staff and owners (and pup Annie)! The wedding weekend was absolutely perfect! The cozy atmosphere of the Inn allowed all of our guests to feel relaxed and get to know each other lounging on the porch or in the beautiful lobby. We had so many compliments on the breakfast included in the room rate, as well as the dinner for our welcome dinner on Friday and the wedding on Saturday. The staff was attentive and made sure that the event was flawless. Guests loved singing along with the pianist on the porch after the reception. The rooms were spacious and cozy, and many guests enjoyed the hot-tubs in their luxury suites. The location is great, with restaurants nearby and just a short drive to hiking or shopping, which many of our guests enjoyed on Saturday morning. We were so impressed and could not have asked for a better place to celebrate our wedding day-- we can't wait to come back and visit again!

Sent on 09/21/2017

The Wentworth's reply:

Hey Amanda, We are so pleased that you were happy with your wedding weekend! It truly was a pleasure to assist you in the planning of your most special day! What a glorious day it was! Thannk you for taking the time in writng this lovely review. Congratulations again! Hope to see you again soon! Happy Honeymoon to you both! KIM

Andrea · Married on 07/15/2017

The Wentworth was absolutely amazing. Kim is wonderful to work with and Jen did a fantastic job the day of the wedding making sure everything ran smoothly. From the day I visited The Wentworth for the first time all the way up to my wedding Kim helped guide my planning and was invaluable with her suggestions and feedback. The Wentworth is a charming, elegant place and the staff are friendly, helpful and professional. The tent outside is one of the nicest I have seen, and even had lining and chandeliers to make it beautiful. There is nothing we could have asked for The Wentworth to do better!

Sent on 11/01/2017

The Wentworth's reply:

Congratulations! Thank you again for selecting us to be apart of your special day! It's always appreciated when we receive beautiful reviews! Not sure when your wedding was, but we do appreciate you taking the time to write this review and THANK YOU AGAIN for your very kind words!! Hoping you will be with us again to celebrate your anniversary! KIM

Adam · Married on 10/29/2016

The overall service provided by Kim and the staff was excellent. Beyond that it was the little extra things they did they stood out for us. From accommodating meal allergies to helping us get our cake and topper back after we forgot it on site. I really cant say enough good things about our experience.

Sent on 07/07/2017

The Wentworth's reply:

Hi Adam & Lianna, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It truly was a pleasure working with you both! I know the weather wasn't perfect for your special day but you and your guests handled it with grace and had a great time! Thank you again for having your wedding weekend with us! Miss all the animal pics! Hope to see you in the celebration of your Anniversary! Our Best to you Both! KIM

Our wedding was the best day of our lives! The Wentworth went above and beyond our dreams to help create the perfect day for us, including tons of umbrellas for when the rain began to pour!
    We did have quite a bit of difficulty with one staff member, Frank, both during our planning of our wedding and also the weekend of our wedding. This is where the four stars would come into plan, professionalism was lacking for this gentleman.
    There were also several house keeping and maintenance issues throughout our weekend but The Wentworth did everything they could to accomodate our guests.
    Our wedding was perfect because of The Wentworth!

The Wentworth 18
    Sent on 08/17/2018

The Wentworth's reply:

Hi Madison, We are very happy you enjoyed your wedding weekend with us. Our Staff always goes over and above for all our guests. We are sorry that Frank did not meet with your expectations. Hopefully you have treasured memories of your beautiful wedding at The Wentworth! Warmest regards, KIM

They have a beautiful ceremony site outside right by the river. Their rooms are gorgeous. Only thing was it was really hot the day of and they had an old AC unit that wasn't able to keep our venue room cool enough until the sun went down.

Sent on 04/22/2015

Janet · Married on 09/17/2017

3.5

Lovely historic hotel in a stunning mountain setting with a delightful riverside gazebo. Many positives with three things less than perfect. On the positive, guests thoroughly enjoyed their rooms and condos. Wedding food was terrific – from the passed hors d’oeuvres to the spinach salad and each bite of the surf and turf dinner that followed! Many food compliments from guests and one (who traveled extensively in Japan) described the steak as the best he has ever eaten. There are three areas where The Wentworth’s service fell short of expectations. First, the cocktail hour wait staff did not offer the groom one of the appetizers so he missed the corn fritters others raved about. Second, it took 45 minutes for the yummy spinach salad to come out after our party of less than 30 guests was seated for dinner. Finally, the dining room was not ready to be decorated 2 ½ hours before the wedding. There was food still on the floor from the morning breakfast service which ended more than 2 hours earlier and the tables and chairs had not been arranged as requested. We had to go through cabinets looking for the linens to dress the tables. We were forced to use a large rectangular table for our small cake instead of the round one requested. In summary, the dining room set-up arrangements were not as promised during planning discussions. On the other hand, the front desk staff was very efficient at greeting our guests and getting them checked into their comfortable rooms and condos. She efficiently accommodated special needs discovered during the check-in process and immediately rectified a breakfast billing issue for condo guests as soon as it was pointed out. During the decorating fiasco, she even vacuumed up the Cheerios still on the floor! Our event ended at The Wentworth on a high note with an awesome server for our “Day After” hosted breakfast who was upbeat, friendly and very proficient. She was simply delightful addition to our final event.

Sent on 10/05/2017

The Wentworth's reply:

Hi Janet, I am so very sorry to hear your experience with us did not meet your expectations. As with all our clients, I hope you know that we strive to provide the best service possible and will do everything in our power to accommodate and service you and your family. I sincerely hope your wedding was all you had hoped for and that you are enjoying life as newlyweds.

Janet · Married on 09/17/2017

The Wentworth 25
    Sent on 12/15/2017

Linda · Married on 01/30/2016

3.5

Kim Labnon was our JP and wedding coordinator. She did an excellent job and she was very proffesional. We had a small wedding but she made us feel very special. She pays attention to detail and she is very classy.

Sent on 07/12/2017

The Wentworth's reply:

Hey Linda, Thanks again for your review and kind words! Your wedding was so lovely and meeting your family was beautiful. I do hope they enjoyed their trip abroad! Thank you as well for allowing me to be part of your special day! Looking forward in seeing you both again at The Wentworth soon! Warmest regards, KIM

Erin · Married on 06/04/2011

3.8
      3.5

I was somewhat satified with my experience with The Wentworth. The Inn was beautiful and the food was great. I just thought that for the money I paid I should have been treated better. There was no one really directing the day, the wedding planner was not there the day of, and was not that great anyway. A few other small issues. I think they woo you until you sign the contract and then just do enough after the fact. The wedding day was great, there were just lots of little things that were aggrivating. Room smelt musty when checked in, hot tub was not cleaned, etc. For the money we paid, the rooms should have been looked over before checking in.

Sent on 06/13/2011

2.5
      2.5
      3.0

Our wedding consultant was released of duty about a month before our big day and we were not told until we actually went there to choose our ceremony site. When dealing with the owner we also had some difficulties on some of the details and how much we were going to pay for those details. The good things include great service the day of and the food was to die for. While the actual wedding also had some lack of organization, the reception was great; but they certainly could have made planning it better.

Sent on 07/12/2013