The Wedding Seamstress Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Beckyle
    Becky W. Married on 06/27/2021

Absolutely loved them!

The staff at the Wedding Seamstress are incredible! They put so much care and attention to my dress. When we postponed our wedding due to Covid, they let me come back many times and try it on with them and fix a few things. They even stored it for me for a while! I had the top of my dress altered a lot and you would have absolutely no idea - it looked perfect! I was surprised by how much I enjoyed my visits there and will honestly miss seeing them!

Rebecca,
    Thank you so much for the kind words. We really enjoyed working with you too. Send us pictures, we would love to see the wedding. Anytime you are around Arvada pop in and say hello!
  • Julie
    Julie W. Married on 04/24/2021

The perfect fit!

I had a great experience here. They were able to alter my dress within a tight deadline...less than a month before my wedding. The prices were fair and the team was friendly. I couldn't have been happier with the final result. Say yes to The Wedding Seamstress for your wedding dress alterations!
    Kelly Married on 11/23/2019
    I came in with two formal dresses to get altered. This shop is seriously amazing. Not only did they do a fabulous job with the alterations to my two dresses, but every person on the staff is absolutely lovely and amazing!! You can bet when the time comes for me to have a wedding dress altered, I'll be coming back to this team!

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Thank you so much, Kelly! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to helping you with your wedding dress alterations.
    Carolyn Married on 06/22/2019

Wedding Seamstress saves the day!

Wedding Seamstress saves the day!! I initially went to a different tailor and had a terrible experience - when they took in my dress they made the buttons and seams extremely crooked. Fortunately - Wedding Seamstress came to the rescue! They took me in and put me at ease saying they could fix my dress. So nice, courteous, clean shop, and most importantly great quality work. Not only were they able to fix my dress, but they made made sure it fit perfectly for the big day. I also purchased my wedding veil here, they did custom fabric, length and width. Amazing seamstresses, they really know their stuff and were able to work magic. Thank you Wedding Seamstress for saving my wedding dress!!!!!
    Elizabeth Married on 09/20/2018
    My dress fit perfectly after it was altered here! I loved that the price quote was upfront and given at our first meeting. They’re so professional and I wouldn’t trust anyone else with such an important job!

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Elizabeth, that is wonderful feedback to hear. We greatly appreciate the trust you placed in us and are thrilled to hear how happy you are with your experience. Thank you again for your review and we hope our paths cross again!
    Jillian Married on 09/08/2018
    I could not be happier with the job the Wedding Seamstress did on my wedding dress. The dress itself was beautiful already, but after they worked their magic it was perfectly fitted to my body and incredibly flattering. They also adjusted the length and added cups, and the total price was still very reasonable - way worth it for the work done! I felt like a princess on my wedding day. Thank you!

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Jillian, we are thrilled to read your review! Every bride deserves to feel like a princess and we are honored to have played a small part. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
    Casey Married on 06/23/2018
    I have seen her work on a friend's dress and now my own. I only needed a bustle added but the way she did it was like it was made specifically for my dress! I couldn't be any happier!

Hi Casey,
    I am so happy to hear that everything turned out perfect. We hope you have a beautiful wedding!
    Grace Married on 05/31/2018
    Awesome job on my dress. Great friendly employees. Very professional. Love the new location..

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Grace, thank you for your review! Your feedback regarding our staff and new location is much appreciated.
    Kyla Married on 05/27/2018
    I could not be more happy to have chosen the Wedding Seamstress for all my wedding dress needs. Deedee worked a miracle transforming my mother's 1970 designer dress into something modern and unique for me. I had my doubts going into the first visit that such drastic alterations could be done to the hand-made smocking, but Deedee enthusiastically rose to the challenge. The entire process was fun and flawless. Thank you Deedee! Highly recommended!

Hi Kyla,
    We loved working on your dress! What a creative and fun process. We are so happy to see pictures from your wedding, they look beautiful. Congrats!!
    Jason Married on 07/29/2017
    The wedding dress turned out beautiful. There was fairly serious design hurdle that had to be overcome and Wedding Seamstress came through flawlessly. Would highly recommend!
    Katie Married on 06/30/2017
    So happy I was able to find The Wedding Seamstress to do my alterations on my gown. Everything was perfect and the staff was incredible to work with. They are very serious about what they do, but they made all my fittings an enjoyable experience. My dress fit perfectly on the big day and I will return for any future needs.

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

This is Madison over at the wedding seamstress, thank you so much for your review we really appreciate it! I'm so happy everything worked out for you and your perfect day!
    Paige Married on 04/28/2017
    Working with the wedding seamstress was a great experience! They were professional, friendly and made my prom dress perfect!
    Stephine Married on 10/20/2016
    Best decision ever!! I decided to bring my wedding dress to a local business instead of having the alterations done with a big corporate company. From the beginning I was happy with my decision. They really listened to what I wanted for the dress and we went through ideas to make my dress perfect. The price was reasonable and at my second fitting the dress was perfect.. I would highly recommend the wedding seamstress.
    Nicole Married on 04/30/2016
    I bought my dress at a shop that ended up being difficult to work with so I was super worried about finding an alterations shop that could help make all of the alterations to my dress. I found the wedding seamstress online and I could not have been happier. My dress fit like a glove. They really took their time to get the fit right and they added a perfect bustle to my dress. They even made recommendations to help save some costs on the alterations by adding crinoline to the under skirt to raise it a hair so we didn't have to alter the entire hem line. They are amazing. The service was awesome, the alterations perfect. I am also having my dress cleaned, preserved and repaired by them as well to keep it in mint condition.
    Mikayla Married on 12/30/2015
    The Wedding Seamstress did an incredible job on the alterations for my wedding dress. It was a ballgown and not an easy job! The ladies at the Wedding Seamstress were so helpful, friendly and accommodating to what I needed. They did alterations three different times to make sure it fit me perfectly, and they never changed the price they quoted me at the beginning. I was very impressed with their service and so glad I found them!

Mikayla,
    This was so nice and thoughtful of you to take time out of your day to send us a shout out. We appreciate it, we always try to make each dress look perfect. Your Wedding is special to us too!
    Jamie Married on 10/31/2015
    There are not words enough for DeeDee and her staff at D'Lola and the Wedding Seamstress. I had my wedding gown made by DeeDee and it was not the most traditional of gowns to start, but DeeDee seemed so excited to work on it and took my thoughts and made them even better in reality. To top it off, my (now) husband and I were starting to try for a family even before the first fitting. I told DeeDee this on my first visit with her and she said we would work it out for whatever happened. I was able to get pregnant and my original due date was two weeks before the wedding, though our miracle girl made her debut 3 weeks earlier. DeeDee worked fittings around my growing belly and burned the midnight oil the last week and a half before the wedding so I could have the most beautiful wedding gown that fit like a glove. DeeDee and her staff were absolute pleasures to work with and I loved the entire experience!

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Thank you so much...I LOVED working with you too...I hope that we will see each other soon.I seen some pictures, however, I can NOT wait to see the final pictures. XOXO
    Tara Married on 10/12/2015
    DeeDee and her staff were amazing! They altered my dress down 3 sizes. The dress fit like a glove! I highly recommend them!

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Thank you Tara...We always love making a wedding dress look like nothing had ever been altered to it. We love when it just happens to look like it fit you perfect from the get go.
    Dani Married on 09/26/2015
    Deedee at the Wedding Seamstress is one of the most creative and talented people I have ever met. After spending hours looking for the perfect wedding dress with no luck in finding "the one" my wedding planner Kerri scheduled me an appointment to talk to Deedee about having a custom dress made. My first thoughts were; there is no way I can afford that and what happens if it doesn't turn out?! Upon meeting Deedee all of my worries vanished. She has a no nonsense attitude and is so knowledgeable about her craft you can't help but put all your faith in her hands. Needless to say she was able to make me my dream dress for a very afoordable price and it turned out stunningly. It fit like a glove and looked exactly how I imagined it. If you are a bride looking for something slightly unusal in your wedding dress, you owe it to yourself to schedule an appointment with Deedee.

Dani,
    I am so happy that our paths crossed. Women like you make your day shine brighter. It was a honor to design your dress for you. I enjoyed every visit with you and your mom. Please keep in touch with me.
  • User2266282 2+ years ago
    They did a great job on the bustle for my dress and had everything ready to go in a timely manner! Would definitely recommend!

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are so happy that enjoyed the experience.
    Brooke Married on 07/04/2015
    She and her son are such sweethearts. Not only did she do an absolutely PERFECT job on my dress, she was a pure delight to work with.

I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Thank you Brooke. You are such a sweetheart!
    Billi Married on 06/27/2015
    Oh my gosh! I went here off of a recommendation of a co-worker, and my only regret was that I did not check out the custom line before purchasing my current dress. What they were able to do to my "off the rack" dress was awesome enough, so I can't imagine what can be done from scratch. Initially, I was worried that I had not gotten "my" dress, I went in to The Wedding Seamstress with that I thought was going to be some major alterations, and she was able to create the exact look I wanted, and it was very reasonably priced. I would recommend this shop to everyone!

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Billi... Wow this is a huge compliment. Thank you so much!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 06/20/2015
    DeeDee and her staff were able to transform my fit and flare lace dress to perfection. It turned out to be absolutely beautiful and I cannot thank them enough! I specifically enjoyed working with Justin. He just had me and my sister cracking up during one of our visits and we just had so much fun, not to mention that he understood all of the changes I wanted to make and had some great suggestions. For brides that would like some more information: This is on their website, but expect about 4 visits total including your initial consultation. You will be given a quote and if you accept, the option to put down a deposit or pay in full. I only had a problem with my appointments one time, and DeeDee promptly got on the phone, cleared up the miscommunication with the receptionist and was able to work with my schedule. (Which I very much appreciated since I live about 45 min away from her shop). When I went in for my final fitting, she had me put on my shoes and we practiced some dance moves and made sure I was able to sit in the dress to ensure my overall comfort. These are small touches that are much appreciated. I still have a week or so until my wedding but I have put my dress on a few times and I love it more each time. They also made a few adjustments to a dress I am wearing to my rehearsal and that turned out great as well. They stay very busy so my suggestion is to make your appointments ahead of time using the online booking or by calling them.

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Jennifer, Thank you so much. We really like to take our time to make sure that you feel not only beautiful but can move on your big day. I am so happy that you enjoyed the having your dress altered with us.
    Nicole Married on 05/24/2015
    DeeDee is very sweet and talented. She operates her business with a personal touch and you feel you are doing business with a friend. She fit me in on very short notice (which I don't recommend you take advantage of but she did fit me in for a wedding dress emergency)! I needed a last minute bustle--and last minute as in I left the country for my wedding the next day. DeeDee's staff was booked already but DeeDee graciously offered to do my bustle herself over her own lunch break. Above and beyond!

Also, her prices for alterations are very reasonable. I am from another state though my fiance/husband lives in Denver, and my seamstress from back home who worked on my dress charged quite a bit more for her services. I thought DeeDee did a better job than my original seamstress and I wish I had been able to have DeeDee do all of my alterations!

DeeDee and her staff REALLY know the wedding gown industry and they know how to make dresses fit.

I'm so grateful to DeeDee for helping me with my last minute dress conundrum and taking away my dress stress!

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

You are so sweet Nicole...I loved working with you and I will use your gift card I promise! Thank you for being so thoughtful and kind hearted.
    Jaculin Married on 04/12/2015
    My dress was absolutely beautiful! DeeDee worked with my budget, helped my vision come to life, and I'll never forget that special day!!!
  • User2064950 2+ years ago
    I was very impressed with everything this shop had to offer. They were able to get my wedding gown adjusted within one week at a great price. They were very professional and it shows how much experience they have with the quality of their evolution and final product. This is the place to go for any adjustments. I loved the way my wedding gown turned out, it was beautiful and fit exceptionally well.