The Wedding Seamstress Reviews

109 | Arvada, CO

109 Reviews for The Wedding Seamstress

109 The Wedding Seamstress Reviews

Kelly · Getting married on 05/02/2020

I came in with two formal dresses to get altered. This shop is seriously amazing. Not only did they do a fabulous job with the alterations to my two dresses, but every person on the staff is absolutely lovely and amazing!! You can bet when the time comes for me to have a wedding dress altered, I'll be coming back to this team!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/20/2018

My dress fit perfectly after it was altered here! I loved that the price quote was upfront and given at our first meeting. They’re so professional and I wouldn’t trust anyone else with such an important job!

The Wedding Seamstress 1
    The Wedding Seamstress 2
    The Wedding Seamstress 3

Jillian · Married on 09/08/2018

I could not be happier with the job the Wedding Seamstress did on my wedding dress. The dress itself was beautiful already, but after they worked their magic it was perfectly fitted to my body and incredibly flattering. They also adjusted the length and added cups, and the total price was still very reasonable - way worth it for the work done! I felt like a princess on my wedding day. Thank you!

Casey · Married on 06/23/2018

I have seen her work on a friend's dress and now my own. I only needed a bustle added but the way she did it was like it was made specifically for my dress! I couldn't be any happier!

Sent on 06/07/2018
    The Wedding Seamstress 4

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Hi Casey, I am so happy to hear that everything turned out perfect. We hope you have a beautiful wedding!

Grace · Married on 05/31/2018

Awesome job on my dress. Great friendly employees. Very professional. Love the new location..

Kyla · Married on 05/27/2018

I could not be more happy to have chosen the Wedding Seamstress for all my wedding dress needs. Deedee worked a miracle transforming my mother's 1970 designer dress into something modern and unique for me. I had my doubts going into the first visit that such drastic alterations could be done to the hand-made smocking, but Deedee enthusiastically rose to the challenge. The entire process was fun and flawless. Thank you Deedee! Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/17/2018
    The Wedding Seamstress 11
    The Wedding Seamstress 12
    The Wedding Seamstress 13

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Hi Kyla, We loved working on your dress! What a creative and fun process. We are so happy to see pictures from your wedding, they look beautiful. Congrats!!

Jason · Married on 07/29/2017

The wedding dress turned out beautiful. There was fairly serious design hurdle that had to be overcome and Wedding Seamstress came through flawlessly. Would highly recommend!

Katie · Married on 06/30/2017

So happy I was able to find The Wedding Seamstress to do my alterations on my gown. Everything was perfect and the staff was incredible to work with. They are very serious about what they do, but they made all my fittings an enjoyable experience. My dress fit perfectly on the big day and I will return for any future needs.

Sent on 07/12/2017

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

This is Madison over at the wedding seamstress, thank you so much for your review we really appreciate it! I'm so happy everything worked out for you and your perfect day!

Paige · Married on 04/28/2017

Working with the wedding seamstress was a great experience! They were professional, friendly and made my prom dress perfect!

The Wedding Seamstress 14
    The Wedding Seamstress 15

Stephine · Married on 10/20/2016

Best decision ever!! I decided to bring my wedding dress to a local business instead of having the alterations done with a big corporate company. From the beginning I was happy with my decision. They really listened to what I wanted for the dress and we went through ideas to make my dress perfect. The price was reasonable and at my second fitting the dress was perfect.. I would highly recommend the wedding seamstress.

Nicole · Married on 04/30/2016

I bought my dress at a shop that ended up being difficult to work with so I was super worried about finding an alterations shop that could help make all of the alterations to my dress. I found the wedding seamstress online and I could not have been happier. My dress fit like a glove. They really took their time to get the fit right and they added a perfect bustle to my dress. They even made recommendations to help save some costs on the alterations by adding crinoline to the under skirt to raise it a hair so we didn't have to alter the entire hem line. They are amazing. The service was awesome, the alterations perfect. I am also having my dress cleaned, preserved and repaired by them as well to keep it in mint condition.

Mikayla · Married on 12/30/2015

The Wedding Seamstress did an incredible job on the alterations for my wedding dress. It was a ballgown and not an easy job! The ladies at the Wedding Seamstress were so helpful, friendly and accommodating to what I needed. They did alterations three different times to make sure it fit me perfectly, and they never changed the price they quoted me at the beginning. I was very impressed with their service and so glad I found them!

Sent on 01/18/2016

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Mikayla, This was so nice and thoughtful of you to take time out of your day to send us a shout out. We appreciate it, we always try to make each dress look perfect. Your Wedding is special to us too!

Jamie · Married on 10/31/2015

There are not words enough for DeeDee and her staff at D'Lola and the Wedding Seamstress. I had my wedding gown made by DeeDee and it was not the most traditional of gowns to start, but DeeDee seemed so excited to work on it and took my thoughts and made them even better in reality. To top it off, my (now) husband and I were starting to try for a family even before the first fitting. I told DeeDee this on my first visit with her and she said we would work it out for whatever happened. I was able to get pregnant and my original due date was two weeks before the wedding, though our miracle girl made her debut 3 weeks earlier. DeeDee worked fittings around my growing belly and burned the midnight oil the last week and a half before the wedding so I could have the most beautiful wedding gown that fit like a glove. DeeDee and her staff were absolute pleasures to work with and I loved the entire experience!

Sent on 11/11/2015

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Thank you so much...I LOVED working with you too...I hope that we will see each other soon.I seen some pictures, however, I can NOT wait to see the final pictures. XOXO

Tara · Married on 10/12/2015

DeeDee and her staff were amazing! They altered my dress down 3 sizes. The dress fit like a glove! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/19/2015

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Thank you Tara...We always love making a wedding dress look like nothing had ever been altered to it. We love when it just happens to look like it fit you perfect from the get go.

They did a great job on the bustle for my dress and had everything ready to go in a timely manner! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/11/2015

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are so happy that enjoyed the experience.

Brooke · Married on 07/04/2015

She and her son are such sweethearts. Not only did she do an absolutely PERFECT job on my dress, she was a pure delight to work with.

I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 07/22/2015

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Thank you Brooke. You are such a sweetheart!

billi · Married on 06/27/2015

Oh my gosh! I went here off of a recommendation of a co-worker, and my only regret was that I did not check out the custom line before purchasing my current dress. What they were able to do to my "off the rack" dress was awesome enough, so I can't imagine what can be done from scratch. Initially, I was worried that I had not gotten "my" dress, I went in to The Wedding Seamstress with that I thought was going to be some major alterations, and she was able to create the exact look I wanted, and it was very reasonably priced. I would recommend this shop to everyone!

Sent on 05/31/2015

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Billi... Wow this is a huge compliment. Thank you so much!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/20/2015

DeeDee and her staff were able to transform my fit and flare lace dress to perfection. It turned out to be absolutely beautiful and I cannot thank them enough! I specifically enjoyed working with Justin. He just had me and my sister cracking up during one of our visits and we just had so much fun, not to mention that he understood all of the changes I wanted to make and had some great suggestions. For brides that would like some more information: This is on their website, but expect about 4 visits total including your initial consultation. You will be given a quote and if you accept, the option to put down a deposit or pay in full. I only had a problem with my appointments one time, and DeeDee promptly got on the phone, cleared up the miscommunication with the receptionist and was able to work with my schedule. (Which I very much appreciated since I live about 45 min away from her shop). When I went in for my final fitting, she had me put on my shoes and we practiced some dance moves and made sure I was able to sit in the dress to ensure my overall comfort. These are small touches that are much appreciated. I still have a week or so until my wedding but I have put my dress on a few times and I love it more each time. They also made a few adjustments to a dress I am wearing to my rehearsal and that turned out great as well. They stay very busy so my suggestion is to make your appointments ahead of time using the online booking or by calling them.

Sent on 06/12/2015

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Jennifer, Thank you so much. We really like to take our time to make sure that you feel not only beautiful but can move on your big day. I am so happy that you enjoyed the having your dress altered with us.

Nicole · Married on 05/24/2015

DeeDee is very sweet and talented. She operates her business with a personal touch and you feel you are doing business with a friend. She fit me in on very short notice (which I don't recommend you take advantage of but she did fit me in for a wedding dress emergency)! I needed a last minute bustle--and last minute as in I left the country for my wedding the next day. DeeDee's staff was booked already but DeeDee graciously offered to do my bustle herself over her own lunch break. Above and beyond!

Also, her prices for alterations are very reasonable. I am from another state though my fiance/husband lives in Denver, and my seamstress from back home who worked on my dress charged quite a bit more for her services. I thought DeeDee did a better job than my original seamstress and I wish I had been able to have DeeDee do all of my alterations!

DeeDee and her staff REALLY know the wedding gown industry and they know how to make dresses fit.

I'm so grateful to DeeDee for helping me with my last minute dress conundrum and taking away my dress stress!

Sent on 06/10/2015

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

You are so sweet Nicole...I loved working with you and I will use your gift card I promise! Thank you for being so thoughtful and kind hearted.

Jaculin · Married on 04/12/2015

My dress was absolutely beautiful! DeeDee worked with my budget, helped my vision come to life, and I'll never forget that special day!!!

I was very impressed with everything this shop had to offer. They were able to get my wedding gown adjusted within one week at a great price. They were very professional and it shows how much experience they have with the quality of their evolution and final product. This is the place to go for any adjustments. I loved the way my wedding gown turned out, it was beautiful and fit exceptionally well.

Matt & Laura · Married on 12/17/2014

DeeDee, THANK YOU!

I am unable to put into words just how grateful I am for your amazing work. I purchased a dress that I saw the utmost potential in, however it was not what I dreamed of as it was. I visited DeeDee 4 months prior to my wedding to discuss the changes that I desired, and after a few short minutes, it was clear to me that she had envisioned my vision perfectly! After a few return visits, DeeDee had transformed my dress into my dream come true! Not to mention, on every return visit it felt like I was visiting a friend. DeeDee and her team welcomed me every time with smiles, hugs, and excitement! I am not only thankful for my dress, but for the overall experience I had at The Wedding Seamstress!

You can not minimize the importance of feeling beautiful on your wedding day. I thought I knew this before; but I can say it with absolute certainty now that I was able to wear the dress of my dreams on my wedding day. I felt like a million dollars, and I thank DeeDee for that!

You are an inspiration, DeeDee! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Sent on 12/31/2014

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I'm so excited that your loved you dress!
  • User4411979 · 2+ years ago

Where to begin? DeeDee and her entire staff were such an ABSOLUTE DELIGHT from start to finish! I don't very often give a perfect score, however, in this case ... it is WELL DESERVED! As the Mother of the Bride and quite honestly ... stressing myself for the perfect fit ... anxiety can run high. Especially when you are trying to surprise your husband and your daughters on that ever so special Wedding Day. Everyone I dealt with was professional and CARING (something that seems hard to find these days). They helped calm my nerves, took the time to answer my questions, and offered many helpful suggestions .. even down to (as silly as this sounds) how do I hold this shawl thing? LOL. They are a busy little shop, but they make it work and you get that welcome "your family" feeling and one-on-one attention. My KUDOS to everyone at The Wedding Seamstress, you can bet on me referring everyone I know to you and when my other daughter gets married in the future. We WILL be back for another visit! Blessings and continued success to each of you!

Catherine · Married on 09/27/2014

Deedee and staff were great to work with. My dress fit like a glove. They took the time (and extreme talent) to complete my full lace dress alterations beautifully! The only thing I would have done different is go to Deedee first and just have her make me a dress from scratch! She and her staff were professional, courteous, fun, and very, very talented!

Sent on 01/30/2015

The Wedding Seamstress's reply:

Ahh...You are so sweet! We love what we do! I would have totally loved to have been able to make your wedding dress...however I'm happy that we made you happy with your dress that you picked for your special day. Maybe I can design you one for a anniversary:)