101 Reviews for The Wedding Seamstress

Bridesmaids (1)
Hair Accessories (1)
Veils (1)
101 The Wedding Seamstress Reviews

I have seen her work on a friend's dress and now my own. I only needed a bustle added but the way she did it was like it was made specifically for my dress! I couldn't be any happier!

Profile Picture Casey , 6/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I could not be more happy to have chosen the Wedding Seamstress for all my wedding dress needs. Deedee worked a miracle transforming my mother's 1970 designer dress into something modern and unique for me. I had my doubts going into the first visit that such drastic alterations could be done to the hand-made smocking, but Deedee enthusiastically rose to the challenge. The entire process was fun and flawless. Thank you Deedee! Highly recommended!

Photo for The Wedding Seamstress Review - winter 170
Photos
Photo for The Wedding Seamstress Review - opened the back
Profile Picture Kyla, 5/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The wedding dress turned out beautiful. There was fairly serious design hurdle that had to be overcome and Wedding Seamstress came through flawlessly. Would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jason, 7/29/17, 14 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

So happy I was able to find The Wedding Seamstress to do my alterations on my gown. Everything was perfect and the staff was incredible to work with. They are very serious about what they do, but they made all my fittings an enjoyable experience. My dress fit perfectly on the big day and I will return for any future needs.

Profile Picture Katie, 6/30/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids

I bought my dress at a shop that ended up being difficult to work with so I was super worried about finding an alterations shop that could help make all of the alterations to my dress. I found the wedding seamstress online and I could not have been happier. My dress fit like a glove. They really took their time to get the fit right and they added a perfect bustle to my dress. They even made recommendations to help save some costs on the alterations by adding crinoline to the under skirt to raise it a hair so we didn't have to alter the entire hem line. They are amazing. The service was awesome, the alterations perfect. I am also having my dress cleaned, preserved and repaired by them as well to keep it in mint condition.

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The Wedding Seamstress did an incredible job on the alterations for my wedding dress. It was a ballgown and not an easy job! The ladies at the Wedding Seamstress were so helpful, friendly and accommodating to what I needed. They did alterations three different times to make sure it fit me perfectly, and they never changed the price they quoted me at the beginning. I was very impressed with their service and so glad I found them!

Profile Picture Mikayla, 12/30/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

There are not words enough for DeeDee and her staff at D'Lola and the Wedding Seamstress. I had my wedding gown made by DeeDee and it was not the most traditional of gowns to start, but DeeDee seemed so excited to work on it and took my thoughts and made them even better in reality. To top it off, my (now) husband and I were starting to try for a family even before the first fitting. I told DeeDee this on my first visit with her and she said we would work it out for whatever happened. I was able to get pregnant and my original due date was two weeks before the wedding, though our miracle girl made her debut 3 weeks earlier. DeeDee worked fittings around my growing belly and burned the midnight oil the last week and a half before the wedding so I could have the most beautiful wedding gown that fit like a glove. DeeDee and her staff were absolute pleasures to work with and I loved the entire experience!

Profile Picture Jamie, 10/31/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

DeeDee and her staff were amazing! They altered my dress down 3 sizes. The dress fit like a glove! I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Tara, 10/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

They did a great job on the bustle for my dress and had everything ready to go in a timely manner! Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Shaina, 7/25/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

She and her son are such sweethearts. Not only did she do an absolutely PERFECT job on my dress, she was a pure delight to work with.

I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Brooke, 7/4/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Oh my gosh! I went here off of a recommendation of a co-worker, and my only regret was that I did not check out the custom line before purchasing my current dress. What they were able to do to my "off the rack" dress was awesome enough, so I can't imagine what can be done from scratch. Initially, I was worried that I had not gotten "my" dress, I went in to The Wedding Seamstress with that I thought was going to be some major alterations, and she was able to create the exact look I wanted, and it was very reasonably priced. I would recommend this shop to everyone!

Profile Picture billi, 6/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

DeeDee and her staff were able to transform my fit and flare lace dress to perfection. It turned out to be absolutely beautiful and I cannot thank them enough! I specifically enjoyed working with Justin. He just had me and my sister cracking up during one of our visits and we just had so much fun, not to mention that he understood all of the changes I wanted to make and had some great suggestions. For brides that would like some more information: This is on their website, but expect about 4 visits total including your initial consultation. You will be given a quote and if you accept, the option to put down a deposit or pay in full. I only had a problem with my appointments one time, and DeeDee promptly got on the phone, cleared up the miscommunication with the receptionist and was able to work with my schedule. (Which I very much appreciated since I live about 45 min away from her shop). When I went in for my final fitting, she had me put on my shoes and we practiced some dance moves and made sure I was able to sit in the dress to ensure my overall comfort. These are small touches that are much appreciated. I still have a week or so until my wedding but I have put my dress on a few times and I love it more each time. They also made a few adjustments to a dress I am wearing to my rehearsal and that turned out great as well. They stay very busy so my suggestion is to make your appointments ahead of time using the online booking or by calling them.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/20/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

DeeDee is very sweet and talented. She operates her business with a personal touch and you feel you are doing business with a friend. She fit me in on very short notice (which I don't recommend you take advantage of but she did fit me in for a wedding dress emergency)! I needed a last minute bustle--and last minute as in I left the country for my wedding the next day. DeeDee's staff was booked already but DeeDee graciously offered to do my bustle herself over her own lunch break. Above and beyond!

Also, her prices for alterations are very reasonable. I am from another state though my fiance/husband lives in Denver, and my seamstress from back home who worked on my dress charged quite a bit more for her services. I thought DeeDee did a better job than my original seamstress and I wish I had been able to have DeeDee do all of my alterations!

DeeDee and her staff REALLY know the wedding gown industry and they know how to make dresses fit.

I'm so grateful to DeeDee for helping me with my last minute dress conundrum and taking away my dress stress!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

My dress was absolutely beautiful! DeeDee worked with my budget, helped my vision come to life, and I'll never forget that special day!!!

Profile Picture Jaculin, 4/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I was very impressed with everything this shop had to offer. They were able to get my wedding gown adjusted within one week at a great price. They were very professional and it shows how much experience they have with the quality of their evolution and final product. This is the place to go for any adjustments. I loved the way my wedding gown turned out, it was beautiful and fit exceptionally well.

Profile Picture User4871231, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews

DeeDee, THANK YOU!

I am unable to put into words just how grateful I am for your amazing work. I purchased a dress that I saw the utmost potential in, however it was not what I dreamed of as it was. I visited DeeDee 4 months prior to my wedding to discuss the changes that I desired, and after a few short minutes, it was clear to me that she had envisioned my vision perfectly! After a few return visits, DeeDee had transformed my dress into my dream come true! Not to mention, on every return visit it felt like I was visiting a friend. DeeDee and her team welcomed me every time with smiles, hugs, and excitement! I am not only thankful for my dress, but for the overall experience I had at The Wedding Seamstress!

You can not minimize the importance of feeling beautiful on your wedding day. I thought I knew this before; but I can say it with absolute certainty now that I was able to wear the dress of my dreams on my wedding day. I felt like a million dollars, and I thank DeeDee for that!

You are an inspiration, DeeDee! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Profile Picture Matt & Laura, 12/17/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Where to begin? DeeDee and her entire staff were such an ABSOLUTE DELIGHT from start to finish! I don't very often give a perfect score, however, in this case ... it is WELL DESERVED! As the Mother of the Bride and quite honestly ... stressing myself for the perfect fit ... anxiety can run high. Especially when you are trying to surprise your husband and your daughters on that ever so special Wedding Day. Everyone I dealt with was professional and CARING (something that seems hard to find these days). They helped calm my nerves, took the time to answer my questions, and offered many helpful suggestions .. even down to (as silly as this sounds) how do I hold this shawl thing? LOL. They are a busy little shop, but they make it work and you get that welcome "your family" feeling and one-on-one attention. My KUDOS to everyone at The Wedding Seamstress, you can bet on me referring everyone I know to you and when my other daughter gets married in the future. We WILL be back for another visit! Blessings and continued success to each of you!

Profile Picture User4411979, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Deedee and staff were great to work with. My dress fit like a glove. They took the time (and extreme talent) to complete my full lace dress alterations beautifully! The only thing I would have done different is go to Deedee first and just have her make me a dress from scratch! She and her staff were professional, courteous, fun, and very, very talented!

Profile Picture Catherine, 9/27/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I could not be happier with the quality of service I received. My dress is perfect.

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Deedee took my dress down from a size 10 to a size 2 and did an incredibly beautiful job. My dress fit like a glove, and I could not have been happier with the final result. On my final fitting we made 3 fairly significant adjustments. She listened to what I wanted and encouraged me to do what I felt comfortable with. She even spun me around a few times to make sure that everything would be comfortable when I was dancing. She showed me how to walk (not picking up my dress!) and how to sit in my dress at the reception.

Every time I can into the Wedding Seamstress for a fitting, everyone was organized, ready for me, and knew exactly what needed to be done.

I love Deedee's energy, her laughter, stories and insight. She told me a story about her own wedding, which I remembered on my day, and kept me from taking things too seriously and reminded me that the day was really about the two of us. Deedee has a very deep personal history, and if you take the time to get to know her you will appreciate her even more.

I couldn't be happier with my experience at the Wedding Seamstress, and if you truly want a master to handle your dress, you've found the right place!

Profile Picture User3655685, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Deedee and staff are beyond talented!!

I fell in love with a Badgley Mischka dress off a rack at a bridal salon in Denver. I thought it was a flattering fit for my shape but had some major concerns with maintaining the elegant shape of the dress with the alterations it would require to fit my 4'11" stature. I also wanted it be more glam. Deedee was EXCITED to be working with me and suggested that we add material to create a full trumpet element to the gown.

Each fitting made me happier than the last. Deedee and crew take every detail into consideration when making these alterations. I lost about 20 lbs during this process and each alteration accommodated these changes. Just today, I commented that the top was a bit lose. The dress was taken to the seamstress ON THE SPOT and brought back to me within 15 minutes.

I trusted Deedee to design my veil as well. She really understands the bride's vision and creates a gorgeous look, not just hems & bustles. While I said yes to the dress a while back, I didn't realize that I would be this happy with the final product.

If you want to work with a professional, talented, honest seamstress and team, visit The Wedding Seamstress.

Thanks a million, Deedee!! This was a phenomenal experience.

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Deedee and her staff are the EXPERTS when it comes to making sure your dress fits your body PERFECTLY on your wedding day. I have never felt more beautiful in a dress and I know it was because the Wedding Seamstress made the dress fit me!!! Her staff is friendly, the shop runs timely and the services are very reasonably priced for the incredible value!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/30/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I am so thankful I found The Wedding Seamstress. Every person I worked with was kind, professional and helpful. Deedee did an amazing job on my dress and at a very fair price. She is busy and is in and out quickly, but she was very pleasant and attentive, and she is amazing at what she does. I couldn't be happier with the service I received. Thank you all for your help and kindness, my dress came out beautifully and I would go back in a heartbeat for any future needs.

Profile Picture Megan, 8/23/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Booking my first appointment was easy - I sent an email and got a prompt response. They were flexible and happy to book out far in advance to satisfy my Bride-OCD-moment.

When I arrived they were very clear about their policies and expectations of me. All of my questions were answered and I felt like I was being treated fairly and with appropriate professionalism. They weren't overly bubbly or annoying like a lot of wedding vendors.

They took lots of photos and notes during the initial visit and when I came back to try the dress on 4 weeks later it fit perfectly. She had several suggestions for minor alterations that I think made the dress fit better than expected. She also made a really cool bustle that was easy to use.

After the wedding I put the dress up for sale and asked them for the actual measurements so I could post them and they gladly gave them to me.

I highly recommend this company!

Profile Picture Lilly , 8/2/14, 2 Reviews