The Wedding Ministers Reviews

35 | Houston, TX

35 Reviews for The Wedding Ministers

Jennifer · Married on 10/12/2012

We could not be happier with Pastor James and the beautiful, unforgettable ceremony he gave to us. We found Pastor James through our friends who hired him for their wedding. We loved their ceremony so much that we had to have Pastor James.

Pastor was very responsive to emails during the whole planning process. His professionalism is unmatched, and he makes the whole ceremony planning easier than you could ever imagine. I was a little worried that we never really went though the ceremony and he wasn't going to be at our rehearsal dinner, but the whole ceremony went off without a hitch.

Pastor gives you a really great questionnaire to fill out individually about your significant other. From that and your conversations with him, he somehow gleans who you really are as individuals and as a couple. He was able to make our ceremony so personal, sweet, and loving, which is incredible if you think about how he only met with us once for about 30 minutes before the big day. He is truly great at what he does and it's obvious that he loves uniting couples in holy union. Another reason why I loved Pastor James is that he's a pastor. He blesses your marriage, but gives you the option to have a ceremony that doesn't focus on God. While my husband and I are Christians, we didn't necessarily want our ceremony to be all about Him, and we didn't want our guests feeling "preached" to. Rather, we wanted to make this time about us, our friendship and love, and our new life together. And Pastor James was able to do that for us, while at the same time provide us with that blessing from God that I craved. Again, Pastor James is incredible and we will forever think of him and our ceremony with great love and appreciate. Thank you, Pastor James.

Sent on 04/05/2013

Megan · Married on 04/10/2011

James was a wonderful addition to our wedding celebration! He brought faith into our Methodist/Catholic ceremony. He is professional and was available to answer any questions we had. Thanks so much James!!!

Sent on 05/02/2011

Lindsey · Married on 11/20/2010

Pastor Bill Norman performed our wedding ceremony. Bill was amazing! We met with him multiple times before the wedding, and he really got to know us and wanted to personalize the wedding for us. The first time we met him, we felt like we'd known him for years. The ceremony was filled with details unique to our relationship, and we could not have been happier with everything he did. I highly recommend this company!

Sent on 12/15/2010

Megan · Married on 10/02/2010

We hired Pastor Mike because we were getting married in a hotel, and therefore, the Catholic Church would not marry us (i.e., it is outside of sacred ground). We met with him once, and when we got in the car, we both talked about how easy he was to talk to and that he seemed to really care about the couples he met. His message during our ceremony was personalized to us and our story, and we received several compliments about it from our guests.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Arleene · Married on 03/26/2010

Pastor James is Awesome! His service was so beautiful and he made everything seem so calm and smooth! We felt so comfortable, especially since we were both nervous, and he let us know what we needed to do. He personalized the service much more than what we had hoped and did such a wonderful job. He made us laugh and just set the mood! He's very easy to speak to about anything and is willing to do anything to help you. Thank you Pastor James! I definitely recommend The Wedding Ministers for your ceremony!

Sent on 04/15/2010

Jackie · Married on 11/29/2009

Highly recommended!! They are personable and professional! He takes the time to get to know you as a couple and incorporated your wishes into the ceremony program as well as give you suggestions to make it even better! You will not be disappointed! =))

Sent on 04/07/2010

Paige · Married on 09/25/2009

I live out of town, so there wasn't anyone in Houston that I knew who could do officiate our wedding. We met James at the Houston Bridal Extravaganza and I instantly knew that he was going to fit well with our style and intentions. His wedding profile was pretty intensive, but it really helped him to get to know us as a couple and personalize our ceremony. I've been to a lot of weddings and always daydream during the ceremony for one reason or another. Maybe I'm biased because it was my own wedding, but everything he said was spot on. He talked about the importance of marriage and recognized that it's a lot of hard times too and that each part has to give their all to make it work. He also recognized that both of our parents are still married and how that played a role in shaping our love for eachother. It was a Christian ceremony like I wanted, but it was so personalized to my husband and I. I think our guests were able to connect with our "story" and get a feel for our views of how we would like our marriage to be because of the ceremony. I can't wait to watch it again on video - it was perfectly suited to our personalities!

Sent on 10/05/2009
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/12/2009

AMAZING-- the ceremony was so beautiful- If we renew our vows i will be calling Pastor James. He took the time to get to know us and put our personalitys and why we loved each other in the ceremony. He was flexible with what we wanted and we worked together to make the day amazing.

Sent on 09/16/2009

Patricia · Married on 08/01/2009

Pastor Scarborough was great. We waited for the last minute to book him and he came through. He gave the most beautiful reading and was sure to include how me and my fiance had met. He talked about our blended families and customized everything to us. We would really recommend him.

Sent on 09/02/2009

Amberly · Married on 06/14/2009

We couldnt have asked for more from our Pastor. We were worried about using someone who didnt know us all of our lives but Pastor James makes the ceremony so personal and warm that you feel like he did. It was absolutely beautiful and we were getting compliments all evening on how great our Pastor was. I would book Pastor James again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/16/2009

Michael · Married on 02/14/2009

I am not sure what happened in Jodi's situation, but we had a wonderful experience with James. He was always prompt in returning our emails or calls and even offered pre/post marital counseling as a part of his services. Our ceremony went smoothly and his words were personal and desgined around our relationship.

The entire process was laid out in our first meeting and explained thoroughly.
    If you are looking for someone who can give you personalized service and not a run of the mill ceremony, Pastor James is your man! :D

Sent on 03/04/2009

Melynda · Married on 02/09/2009

Pastor James preformed our marriage ceremony in our home on a Monday evening. We were looking for a small intimate ceremony in our home for our family. Pastor James too all of this into consideration while planning the ceremony. It was beautiful. We feel he took the time to get to know us. I would gladly recommend him to anyone getting married and looking for a minister to deliver that personal touch.

Sent on 03/05/2009

jessica · Married on 02/08/2009

he was great, Edward and i never got to getting around to getting him his couple profile. when the day came he spent time with us both and was just wonderful!!! he was our best decision!

Sent on 06/30/2009

Sarah · Married on 01/24/2009

Pastor James did a great job at my wedding. I found him online through a search engine. I couldn't of asked for a better ceremony. He was easy to book and reasonably priced. Thanks.

Sent on 03/29/2009

Sherry · Married on 01/03/2009

We hired Pastor James as our officiant for our January 3, 2009 wedding in Richmond, Texas. He's out of Spring, but no additional costs were required, and we were thankful for that.

We absolutely loved our ceremony, mostly due to how wonderful Pastor James was. A few months before the wedding, he sent us a questionnaire for us both to fill out, and we did and sent it back, thinking nothing of it. During the ceremony, he read aloud some of the things we had written, and it made me cry! It was so personal, and so sweet, that we could not have asked for more.

Every one of our guests loved him and were surprised how much he seemed to know about us, even though we had never met before the ceremony. They thought we had been going to his church for years, as he spoke about us like he was an old family friend.

If you want an extremely personal, sincere, and respectful ceremony from a very attractive pastor (not that that matters, but it's nice!), then Pastor James Scarborough is your man! He was wonderful.

Sherry Taylor

Sent on 02/13/2009

Linda · Married on 01/02/2009

Pastor James did a beautiful job making our wedding ceremony special and personal. We found him online and met with him regarding our special request. He was very attentive to our needs and took notes and asked questions to get to know us better. We did not have much time before our wedding night but Pastor James was available for us even at our short notice. The ceremony was a suprise for our guest and all of them stated what a wonderful job he did. I even recommened him that night to someone.

Sent on 03/13/2009

Neeve · Married on 01/01/2009

Pastor James performed our wedding ceremony on Jan 1, 2009 at the Saint Regis Hotel in Houston. We could not have asked for anyone better. Pastor James took the time to get to know us and always returned our calls and e-mails promptly. He showed up on time, was professional and made us feel very special during the ceremony. He even incorporated our Irish and Cuban traditions into our ceremony. My husband and I would highly recommed Pastor James to anyone that wants to make their day extra special.

Thank you again!
    Eve and George Campa

Sent on 03/10/2009

Amy · Married on 11/21/2008

We would recommend Pastor James to anyone looking for an officiant for their wedding! We loved him!!

Sent on 03/29/2009
  • W

William · Married on 10/18/2008

Pastor James did a phenomenal job. Our ceremony would not have been the same without him.

Kimberley · Married on 10/18/2008

Pastor James met with my husband & I prior to our ceremony and answered all of our questions up thru the day of our wedding. He was very professional, funny, and performed the ceremony in a warm and friendly manner. We highly recommend Pastor James!!

Rob · Married on 10/11/2008

"PERFECT!"

Pastor James Scarborough made our wedding day absolutely wonderful. You know how people find the ceremony boring? Well that won't happen with James Scarborough as your Pastor.

Before our wedding day, he asked us to provide him with some insight about "us" and how we met, what (specifically) attracted us to one another, etc. And then, he fit "our story" into the ceremony perfectly! He spoke about the importance of a marriage, how it takes work (like any GOOD thing does) and how rewarding it is. He spoke about God and how he plays a role in our lives. He really made the ceremony interesting and enjoyable for all of our guest! For us, he made sure it was the most wonderful part of our wedding day. Our friends and family gave us compliments about our choice for the Pastor, and needless to say we totally agree!

If you're looking for a Pastor that will add something to your ceremony Thank you Pastor James Scarborough!!

Rob & Maureen Eppolito

Sent on 04/22/2009
  • randi

randi · Married on 10/04/2008

He performed a wedding that was personal, thoughtful and just the right length. We recieved a lot of compliments after the ceremony.

Annie · Married on 09/27/2008

Our ceremony could not have been performed better. Pastor James did a fantastic job, and really made the memorable. I was so pleased with how he worked in how my husband and I met into the ceremony. I would highly recommend him to anyone getting married....you will not be disappointed!!!!! I can not say "thank you" to him enough for doing such a wonderful job!

Scott · Married on 09/19/2008

Pastor Scarborough was great. We chose him off the web site and were skeptical. After our initial meeting, we were immediately comfortable and felt that we had chosen the correct person to perform our ceremony. He did a great job at getting to know us and since we were each from different denominations, we allowed him to tailor the ceremony. Pastor Scarborough performed a very personal, moving ceremony and our guests continue to talk about it. We highly recommend James Scarborough to anyone looking for an officiant to perform a wedding ceremony of any denomination.

Sent on 04/09/2009

Craig · Married on 08/30/2008

Pastor James made our wedding ceremony very seamless and simple. He made us feel very at ease from the moment we first met him until the end of the ceremony. We would highly recomend him to others as we had a wonderful experience.

Sent on 03/04/2009