The Wedding Chapel on the Mountain Reviews

25 | Huntsville, AL

25 Reviews for The Wedding Chapel on the Mountain

Elizabeth Zimmerman · Getting married on 06/06/2020

Perfect Wedding

This chapel went above and beyond my wedding dreams! From inside to outside to every small detail, the chapel itself and the grounds around it are gorgeous. While planning my big day Sarah met with me many times, even late in the evening. The food, cake, and drinks were delicious. They even made us a carry home box with all the different food just incase we were too busy to eat at the reception. They handled it all so that we could enjoy and take in absolutely everything. Sarah is an angel and really knows what she is doing when it comes to the perfect wedding.

Sent on 05/02/2019

Johanna Peralta · Married on 09/28/2019

Fantastic experience

My experience with the Wedding Chapel was great! Sarah was very quick to respond ALWAYS, which was huge especially since we moved our wedding date from 3 months away to 2.5 weeks away. Sarah kept me up to date with any changes immediately and any/all plans. I felt she was very organized and helpful. She knew all the people locally that provided great service (ie flowers, cakes, DJ, catering, linens, etc) and they didn't disappoint. What I found also to be helpful was that she was open to my ideas, and went out of her way to make them happen. Truly a great experience I wouldn't have traded for anything. I'm glad I got to work with The Wedding Chapel for our special and all of their staff. A memorable experience. Thank you!

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Allie

Allie Brown · Married on 08/31/2019

Best day ever!!!

The Wedding Chapel on the Mountain is a fantastic venue. The scenery is gorgeous and I cannot say enough good things about Sarah and PJ. Sarah planned the most amazing wedding, better than anything I could have dreamed of and PJ was so helpful the day of the wedding, down to securing my veil when we couldn't get it quite right. The DJ was super fun! I didn't have much interaction with the bartender Rex, other than him showing us his awesome dance moves but everyone said he was great! The food was fantastic. I normally don't eat much, but I had two big helpings of the lasagna. So yummy. I never visited the chapel before booking, so I was kind of nervous but everything turned out perfectly. Literally nothing went wrong, and I barely had to plan anything. I honestly wouldn't have been able to have a wedding like this without the Wedding Chapel on the Mountain. A million thank you's to Sarah and PJ.

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Canaday Smith · Married on 06/29/2019

Everything was perfect!

We got married here back in June and it was truly a perfect day. PJ and Sarah know exactly what they’re doing and I wasn’t a stressed bride at all! They were extremely flexible with us and accommodated to our needs/requests.
    We couldn’t be happier with how our day turned out and 100% recommend the Wedding Chapel to anyone that’s looking for a stress free and all inclusive venue!

Sent on 12/25/2019

Karen Hatcher · Married on 06/23/2019

Beautiful wedding!

My wedding day was beautiful and the owner and staff made my stressful day a little less stressful so that I could truly enjoy how amazing it was! So glad that I had my wedding here! The price was way worth the amazing service and beautiful scenery!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Kasie

Kasie E. Tanley · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing Wedding Venue

We had a wonderful experience with Chapel on the Mountain, and I cannot say enough great things about the venue, Sarah, and PJ. Whether it is your first wedding or you are remarrying (as I did) this is a perfect option. You can be as involved with the planning process as you want, or you can alleviate a lot of stress and let them plan most everything. Due to us working full time and having a toddler we personally needed to have someone else do most of the planning, so I took a huge leap of faith and let them handle everything. However, as the time grew nearer I wanted to get more involved and Sarah didn’t flinch at all. I could text/call her with a ton of questions and she’d either call or text me back right away and she ALWAYS took care of anything that I would suddenly throw out last minute, while also making me feel better about all the choices we made even if it meant putting more pressure on her.

PJ was also amazing to work with. She handled the rehearsal and the day of the wedding, making things happen while also taking care of me and my family and friends. We decided that we wanted to leave earlier than expected and she somehow got the limo to us magically, but she immediately had a back up plan if for some reason she could not get them to us at the new (and very last minute) time.

As far as vendors that the Chapel used....Bubba’s Catering managed the food and it was so great. We deviated from our package and Sarah worked with the caterer to get us a buffet that came with 2 meats, a couple of veggies, salad and bread all for a very reasonable price. I cannot remember the names of the companies that the cake and flowers came from but the cakes were delicious and the flowers (especially on the arch outside) were gorgeous. Gari-Ann Photography did the pictures and she was wonderful with everyone and didn’t waste time so we could get to our rehearsal.

One last thing, our wedding was outside on May 25th and it was a record high of 96. Due to the way the trees canopy over the area where people sat and where we stood, it did not seem like 96...it was perfect!

Truly I could go on and on about Chapel on the Mountain. It was the best decision we made for our wedding, and I/we highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Stephonie · Married on 05/26/2018

This is one of the most stunning outdoor venues in the state. Their professionalism and dedication turn your day into one to be cherished! Sarah and PJ are a joy to work with!

Sent on 03/30/2018

Salena · Married on 01/10/2018

Sarah and PJ are amazing! From the very beginning, Sarah was very welcoming and open to letting us do whatever we wanted. Anytime I had a question, it was automatically answered. The bridal suit there is gorgeous and warm. This place makes for the best pictures all around!

Sent on 02/10/2018

Linda · Married on 12/02/2017

I HAVE to write a review on the chapel because they have been absolutely amazing. Our wedding was supposed to be in June but because my fiance got military orders last minute we had to cancel our wedding until we could find a date that works for us. While we still have not had our wedding and are hoping to move it to September they have been nothing but understanding. Sarah has been absolutely amazing. They are so flexible with dates and understand that life happens. I live in Jacksonville Florida so it is also hard for me to plan states away but they have taken great care of us. I have raved about them to all my friends here.

Sent on 06/23/2017

Dawn · Married on 07/15/2017

We had a great experience!! All of the ladies were very nice and easy to work with. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Twyla · Married on 05/06/2017

Attended wedding here last week and the attention to detail by staff was amazing . Umbrellas were passed out as it looked like it might rain, a golf cart was available to carry anyone who might need assistance. Timeline was not awkward while Bride and groom were taking pictures - staff had beautifully displayed food and drinks and DJ was ready and played perfect music. The flowers were beautiful - very unusual but not overdone. My only thing we said we would change was all the worry we had before as this venue had everything all under control and calmly and beautifully put it together - absolutely did not need to worry!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Morgan · Married on 11/04/2016

The staff for our venue is what made our day so special. They went above and beyond my expectations, which really helped make the big day stress free. I received so many compliments on the decorations, the flowers, and my wedding coordinator. I would highly recommend using The Wedding Chapel on the Mountain to book your wedding! They did an AMAZING job.

Sent on 11/30/2016

Katherine Randolph · Married on 03/01/2016

The BEST Experience- Highly Recommend!

I planned my wedding with the team at Wedding Chapel on the Mountain a couple years ago. Sarah had just become the venue manager and I was excited because I saw all the upgrades to the venue on social media.

I was nervous about going all inclusive- the thought of someone else planning my wedding scared me-- DONT LET IT. I had the BEST experience. Sarah kept me up to date with the important stuff, but didn't let me stress over the small details. I got to fully enjoy my engagement without having to worry.

I work full time, my fiance works full time, my parents dont live here so I was super glad to have everything done for me. We purchased her package 5-- the all inclusive option and added a bartender, host liquor liability insurance, uplighting, some extra flowers. My entire wedding with my dress was under 10k. I was so happy! I have had so many friends go over budget on their wedding because they didnt know how to accurately price everything. Sarah and her team ensure that you never go over budget while also cutting cost where you can. I really feel like I got a 20k wedding for 10k. Thank you Wedding Chapel on the Mountain!

They handled the venue, the flowers, the DJ, the catering, the limo, the cakes. There is so much in her packages thats not even mentioned on her website-- like the golf cart. I didn't have to worry about any of my elderly guests that needed assistance to the outdoor area-- my grandfather was my biggest concern. He had just turned 91 and the thought of having him at my outdoor wedding scared me. As soon as he pulled up, they had the golf cart by his car waiting to take him up!

For a great experience, come to this venue. I actually want to have a 10 year vow renewal here and do the same package because I loved my wedding SO MUCH!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Anne · Married on 05/16/2015

We got married at The Wedding Chapel on the Mountain on May 16, 2015, and we couldn't be happier with how it went. It is such a beautiful venue! Probably the most impressive thing to us was their commitment to having the ceremony outside, which was our preference (although the chapel is also lovely). It rained up until about an hour before the ceremony, but they made it work! We also didn't have any type of rehearsal, but they made it easy, guiding us effortlessly through the proceedings. Would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Diana · Married on 09/13/2014

I worked with Michelle from the beginning for my wedding. I work full time and so does my now husband. Michelle always responded to email and calls with in 12 hours and tried to work with me at every turn.

I don't feel like I wasn't involved with my wedding at all.
    I emailed pictures of cakes I liked. DONE
    I emailed pictures of flowers for the girls and I. DONE
    There were options to the guest books and invitations. Also, the invitations I picked were a little plain, but I had them printed by FedEx after designing them myself and got ribbon to dress them up and make them my own.

They were awesome when I hired a caterer so there was more food to feed that amount of people because I wanted a sit down dinner.

The staff was awesome to work with and I even liked their group of photographers.

If you are someone who is excepting a lot of Photoshop for your photography and your not familiar with adobe yourself then maybe that could be a service you add on. I like working on photos so this was not an issue with me and I was very excited that I got ALL photos from the wedding not just purchasing per picture.

All in all amazing value. I did not have to take lots of time off of work to make the wedding happen, and I almost cried when I arrived and saw how beautiful everything was and how spot on they got the flowers from the pictures I sent.

I would choose them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/25/2014

NELLADEAN · Married on 01/04/2014

Dave and I wanted a small intimate wedding with our children and a few close family and friends. Michelle was very nice and she helped us to turn unpracticed chaos into a beautiful, fun wedding to remember! We were having a destination wedding, to be close to my kids and Dave's brother and sister-in-law, so we were unable to have a rehersal. But, thanks to Michelle, we were able to pull it off. She took a lot of stress off of me. We just recieved our photos, and they are great. The cakes were great......it was all great! We are hoping to go back on our 10th anniversary.

Sent on 01/26/2014

Hi Nelladean,

We love that you enjoyed your wedding here! Glad we could help take the stress away! :) Thanks for writing us a review!

Ashley · Married on 09/09/2009

This was a wonderful place to be married! It is perfect for a small wedding ( ours had about 30 guests) and the scenery is so beautiful! The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. I also like the variety in wedding packages they had available. I ended up having my reception at Grill 29 in HSV, but the chapel also offers a reception room and servers to help with food and beverages. It was everything I could ask for for my wedding!!

Sent on 12/12/2009

The Wedding Chapel on the Mountain's reply:

Hi Ashley! Thanks so much for your review! :) We love that you enjoyed your wedding.

Sabrina · Married on 05/02/2009

Beautiful place to have a wedding and very affordable.

Sent on 05/06/2009

The Wedding Chapel on the Mountain's reply:

Hi Sabrina! Thanks so much for the review! Our passion is affordable elegance for weddings! :)

Lucynthia · Married on 11/01/2004

It was such a beautiful natural place for a wedding.

Sent on 08/17/2014
  • I

Ian · Married on 09/23/2017

Best possible choice for small to medium sized gatherings in Tennessee Valley. Sarah and Toni were a power duo in planning and making our wedding happen. The vendors involved were also top notch. I would recommend to anyone in the same position.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Hi Ian!
    Thanks so much for your review. You and Samantha were a joy to work with in planning your wedding! :) We wish you both a lifetime of happiness and are so thankful yall used as your wedding venue!
  • Jess08

Jessica · Married on 07/13/2013

I absolutely loved my wedding! They made everything so easy. We barely had to plan. They're on the ball, and the day of coordinator makes sure that you have nothing to worry about that day. I used their photographer, and I have no regrets at all with the photos.

The vendor is not for you if you need to control every single detail even though they do personalize the wedding you won't get full-control of every little thing or if you want the venue all day. The receptions are also not that long.

Sent on 07/30/2013

The Wedding Chapel on the Mountain's reply:

Thanks so much for your review! We try our best to personalize each wedding and give each bride what she wants for her perfect day!

Heather Blackburn · Married on 12/21/2019

Everything Came Together Beautifully

We had such a wonderful time getting married here! We wanted a smaller event with close family and friends in a natural setting — oh, and we had to plan the event from out of state.
    The Chapel was so easy to work with, incredibly responsive, offered options I hadn’t even considered, and provided catering. (Do NOT skip the cake they can provide!!! Best wedding cake I’ve ever had!) Everything came together beautifully and everyone enjoyed themselves thoroughly!
    Thank you all so much!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Holly · Married on 08/23/2008

The Wedding Chapel on the Mountain is a beautiful chapel on top of Monte Sano in Huntsville, AL. It's an all-inclusive facility that takes care of everything from catering, photography, music, and set-up/clean-up. All you have to do is show up dressed and ready to go! Their prices are about 1/3 of what a normal wedding would cost with all their amenities. They're easy to get a hold of and are always very professional and friendly. Just make sure you make an appointment with them because they're very busy and can't take walk-ins, but that shows how good they are at their service.

Sent on 10/07/2008

Hi Holly,

Love this review! It made us smile! Our passion is affordable elegance for weddings! We want to give you a very classy nice wedding for an affordable price so that you can have more money for your life together! :)
  • Marlene

Marlene Hoormann Suchman · Married on 04/13/2019

3.4
      1.0
      3.0

Beautiful venue but misleading information

First let me say that the setting for the venue is gorgeous. It is an ideal setting for a small to medium wedding.

We booked Option 5 for our wedding on April 13, 2019. Some of the items that were to be included in Option 5 were:
    1. An hour and a half extra if alcohol was served. Actually, the extra hour and a half is an additional cost but that is not stated in the brochure. The good thing about this venue is that we were able to bring in our own alcohol.
    2. Grooms Cake. It was not noted that only vanilla and chocolate were included in the package for Option 5. Sarah, the owner, invited us to a cake tasting and when my son-in-law picked out something other than vanilla or chocolate, we were not told that flavors were additional until we receive the final invoice.
    3. Rehearsal any week night. We scheduled our rehearsal for 5:00 on the Friday night before the wedding but it had to be moved to noon as another wedding was booked at the last minute for Friday evening.
    4. Use of the Carriage House Suite Bride’s dressing room. I guess you could say that yes, our girls were able to use the Bridal dressing room but only for an hour and a half. You do not receive access to the suite all day. Again, a last minute, a wedding was booked before ours so we couldn’t arrive at the venue until 3:30 and our wedding was scheduled for 5:00. It was pointed out to us that there was a steamer in the room for the girls to use but who has time to steam a dress(es) in only an hour? Our Maid of Honor actually booked a room at the Hampton Inn so that the girls could get ready (hair and make-up) during the day of the wedding. Use of the Bridal dressing room would probably be more ideal for a bride/couple that does not plan on having a reception afterwards. The suite is included in your allotted time at the venue itself.
    5. Use of the Groom’s Suite. See #4 above. The Groom’s Suite is actually the venue’s office, very small. Although, any Groom or Groomsmen doesn’t necessarily need a lot of space or time to “get ready”.
    6. The venue ran out of water. Apparently, there is an issue with the well so the bathrooms had to be locked so that our guests couldn’t use them. This occurred closer to the end of the evening.

Sent on 05/17/2019

Emily · Married on 05/06/2017

0.6
      1.0

Long story short, our wedding day was ruined because of this place.

We were unhappy with this company from the get-go. The management was very unprofessional and non-responsive to emails/phone calls.

Once I picked the flowers I wanted (which actually came from the company's website), I got 2 or 3 different stories about why I shouldn't choose the flowers I chose (ranging from "I don't recommend those", "Those were spray painted", and finally "That picture was color enhanced".

Two months before the wedding, I found out that the invitations that were "included" in the package were nothing but a plain bit of card stock that I had to print my invitation on and mail out myself.

Also two months before the wedding we were told that we could have alcohol at the wedding but we would have to fork out another $1500 give or take in order to do so. Had we have known that we could have had alcohol, we could have budgeted for it.

I'm not even going to mention how bad I thought the food was, all I will say is I do wish we could have just kept the Publix cheese and veggie trays.

There ceremony was rushed, the DJ was horrible and kept making awkward/weird remarks, it goes on and on.

One of the biggest things that messed up our night is that one of the staff members hit my new sister in laws car. She wasn't going to tell her except that many people witnessed her hit it and told us. My sister-in-law is now in the process of working with the staff members insurance to fix her vehicle.

The same staff member had the audacity to ask my new sister-in-law via text message if I was going to leave them a bad review....Well your answer is YES MA'AM. I do not recommend The Wedding Chapel on the Mountain to anyone. 10/10 would NOT DO IT AGAIN.

The best part of our wedding was leaving that place.

Sent on 05/14/2017

The Wedding Chapel on the Mountain's reply:

So sorry you were disappointed with your wedding and experience at The Wedding Chapel. We try our best to effectively communicate and be available for your questions during the planning process. We even give you a cell phone number that you can text/call whenever convenient. As far as the invitations, we do not print them for you because we wouldn't know the wording that you want on your personal invites. Yes, we added the option to bring in your own liquor after obtaining a host liquor liability insurance policy. We notified you right after we added this option in for our brides, but it was extra due to the time, the bartender costs, and the insurance. We are constantly upgrading our venue and services. One thing that happened on your wedding was rain. We really feel like that was a disappointment to you from the beginning of the evening. Sometimes when that happens brides aren't happy the rest of the night. We hate that and truly hope that you look back on your wedding and have some happy memories. Our coordinator that ran into your sisters car made sure that it was repaired fully and covered by insurance within one week. We hate that this happened, but accidents due occur. She fixed it and was extremely sorry. All the best, The wedding chapel staff