27 Reviews for The Watson House

Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Tent Accessories (1)
27 The Watson House Reviews

From the second you pull into the driveway, you are blown away by this amazing venue. And then you meet Stephanie and her unbelievable team, and you know that this is the place that you have to get married. You can not beat this venue and staff. From the location, to the wedding planning, to the little details and flowers that Stephanie provides, you and your guests will never attend anything like the Watson House. The Watson's and their team think of every single detail and by the end of the planning you feel like you are part of their family. My guests will never be able to stop talking about this venue. I know I won't! Wish I could have my wedding here every single weekend!! Such a fairytale wedding!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Allie, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

The Watson House has gorgeous sound views from their beautifully landscaped 7 acre estate that are truly extraordinary-you can also see the most amazing sunsets there. The Watson House and their "Dream Team" orchestrated the most perfect wedding ceremony that I could have possibly imagined for my son and his new bride. I was thrilled when they chose The Watson House for their wedding venue.
The ceremony area overlooks the Bogue Sound and was so charming with its custom floral decorated arbors, elegant chandelier and vintage church pews. One of my favorites was the reception/ dance space- it was equally as beautiful and featured a closed in area with grapevine ceiling with twinkling lights and exquisite chandeliers. Everyone loved the beautifully decorated farmhouse tables adorned with stunning arrangements designed by The Watson House floral designers. Stephanie, Debbie, Dani and Regan were very accommodating to our guests as well as the wedding party and family members and made sure that all arrangements went as planned. They have many years of experience and it shows.
Everything was absolutely perfect!!!

Profile Picture Susan, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location

If your dream wedding includes southern charm the Watson House venue will be perfect for your special day! We attended a wedding in June and it was gorgeous! The bride and groom said their "I Do's" by the Intercostal Waterway at sunset and it was pretty spectacular! The grounds of the Watson House were very beautiful and lush. I loved seeing the 2 beautiful swans swimming in the pond! After being impressed by how smoothly the wedding events flowed I inquired and was told Stephanie Watson and her dream team made sure the day was perfect!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I actually found The Watson House website before getting engaged and fell in love right away from the photos of the water, horses, swans, and lovely gardens. Luckily, were were engaged only a month later and I could officially get to work on booking them for our dream wedding! They were incredibly responsive from the start, replying to emails and phone calls right away. When considering what we received with the cost, it was worth every penny. We booked them 13 months in advance and while not serving as official wedding planners, they answered every question and provided a list of high quality vendors in the area. They let us come out for several planning sessions, and I was even able to have my hair & makeup trial run and bridal portraits done on-site a month before the wedding. The only thing we had to rent was the tent, as all the china, silverware, glassware, tables/chairs, decor, etc. was provided with the cost. I stayed the night before with my bridesmaids, and we were treated to a delicious breakfast and lunch that day, so we did not go hungry! They even had lunch food prepared for the groomsmen. The property is simply gorgeous, and they made sure the grounds were pristine the day of the wedding. No detail was overlooked, and our guests are telling us it was the best wedding they had ever attended. If you truly want a unique and intimate wedding experience, book Stephanie and her Dream Maker team ASAP!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/29/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor

The Dream Makers team is absolutely outstanding!! Ragan and Stephanie were very responsive during the planning process. We could not have asked for a better experience. The Watson House is a gorgeous venue. Every little detail was so special. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to the Dream Makers team for making our wedding so special!

Profile Picture Erin, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I grew up as a child at the "watson house" before it was ever a wedding venue. I've always dreamed of getting married here one day when I found the "perfect one". Let's just say, my dreams didn't touch my wedding day. It was perfect!

Profile Picture Savannah, 4/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A heartfelt thanks to Stephanie, Raegan, Dani and the rest of The Watson House and Dream Makers Wedding Estates. From the very first moment my daughter and I met with Stephanie at the Palo Alto, another of their beautiful venues, we immediately knew we found the individuals we could trust to bring my daughter's vision to fruition. After discussing the various logistical concerns for our family, Stephanie suggested The Watson House. Although it was late, she unhesitatingly took us to The Watson House. Needless to say, it was everything Kayla wanted and more. We also chose to use their floral services and were not disappointed. Additionally, Stephanie and her crew were able to wheedle down the numerous pinterest ideas Kayla provided into something that was totally her throughout the venue. Everyone graciously went over and beyond to make her dream come true, as well as accommodate both her and her fiance's unusual work schedules, and last minute changes. Again thank you.

Profile Picture Terrie, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

If you want a fairytale wedding - LOOK NO FURTHER! The Watson's and their amazing team gave us the dream wedding we were looking for. The whole weekend truly felt like something out of a movie. I can't say enough positive things about everyone involved in planning our wedding from the very day we booked the venue which was over a year and a half ago all the way through the entire reception (including cleaning mud off my dress before the reception). They went above and beyond for us!! Our guests couldn't stop raving about how magical the evening was and how supportive/responsive the staff was the entire event!

Profile Picture Anna, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access

WOW! One word and so many more! My daughter searched the entire state for her perfect fairytale wedding venue and the Watson House was "the place" for her special day. This is a grand estate, nestled on the Bogue Sound waterfront in Emerald Isle, NC, exuding with romance. There were swans, love birds, flower gardens, a dock, beautiful linens, and so much more, all creating an experience of a lifetime. I can't say enough about how detailed they were, how much preparation went into the event, how friendly they were, and most of all, how they took all the worry away from us! Her wedding was in the evening and the hours beforehand were also perfect...from breakfast and mimosas, to lunch, with a full time staff member who was there the entire day, just for us, the bridal party along with moms, aunts, and grandmas, making sure we had everything we needed. There was absolutely no stress at all. I can't say enough about Stephanie and her wonderful people who helped make this day so magical for Alex and Dustin! Many of our guests described it as, "breathtaking"! Thank you, Watson House, for such an amazing venue and experience!

Profile Picture Shirley, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables

Unbelievable, magical and the most beautiful wedding. These are only some of the phrases and words used to describe our wedding day by guests. The Dream Makers Team was phenomenal. We were planning an out-of-state wedding and the Dream Makers made it so easy. Each time we visited to talk details we felt like we were visiting with friends in a fairytale. They truly made it seamless to make decisions and we felt like they put together every detail to reflect us but with their magical and professional touch. The beautiful flowers, the gorgeous property, the professionalism of the staff and the seamlessness of the transitions made not just us but every guest at the wedding grin from ear-to-ear. The Watson House is where dream weddings really do come true :)

Profile Picture Emily, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Uncovered Outdoor

Excellent venue and even better staff!! I could not have found a better place for our wedding!! Jessica, Stephanie, and Reagan are amazing!! Thank you for a perfect day!!

Profile Picture Amber, 6/13/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

We got married 2 weeks ago, and my family and friends are STILL calling to tell my husband and I how amazing our wedding was. The Dreammaker's Wedding Estates at the Watson House did an incredible job; from touring and booking the venue, providing lists of preferred vendors (since I was planning from out of town), to answering emails and phone calls with timely and thought-out responses, Stefanie, Jessica and Ragan made wedding planning a breeze. They have such great taste, and are so willing to accommodate everything that you want into your day... they even had a pallet bar built for my friend who gifted us homebrewed beer at our reception - it was perfect! The BEST part is what is included in the cost - tables, linens, decor, china, flatware, glassware (mason jars and beautifully mis matched stemware), spot planted flowers, the arbor and chandelier for the ceremony, and an incredible staff to plan and direct the wedding. The day of the wedding, they were professional, flexible, and excited to be a part of everything - just a total positive and caring environment to get married in. The photos above don't do the venue justice - all of our guests left saying that they felt they had spent the afternoon and evening in a straight up fairytale. It was the most fun I have ever had, and felt totally present the entire evening, because I knew the staff at the Watson House were in charge of making sure everything went smoothly. Thank you so much for everything ladies!!!

Profile Picture Andrea , 5/16/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the most wonderful and romantic experience at with the Watsons at their estate. They are the most caring and professional staff and family. We were fighting a tropical storm warning (we lucked out!) and they were so positive and accommodating for every possible circumstance. The girls were pampered with food and beverage all day long and relaxed while hair and make up came on site. They have everything you need to make it an inclusive affair, so if you aren't sure your vision, they can assist! I was very sure of my vision and they aided in making it grow to its full potential! ANYONE who is getting married along the Crystal Coast, there is no other place like this. The views, the romance, the professionalism, and the service cannot be matched. It was truly and incredible weekend. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture britt, 5/9/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

Everyone at the Watson house was very hospitable. We felt like family. The day went so smooth and our guests were all very pleased.

Profile Picture Paula, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have asked for better wedding planners, florist etc. The Watson House for speaks for it's self. The staff is what makes it excellent. We were married in October of 2014 and our family and friends STILL talk about how wonderful that day was. This is a true hidden gem along the Crystal Coast. We hit the wedding lottery :) Thanks again Stephanie, Brian, Regan & Jessica among many others.

Profile Picture Kate , 10/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

The site is absolutely breathtaking. We didn't have to worry about one thing,not even the weather. Plenty of indoor options if bad weather had happened for this outdoor event. My husband liked the fact that the whole Watson family was involved along with the wedding planner. They are so kind and flexible and helpful. The bride and her girls and mom really enjoyed relaxing there getting ready and the brunch that was provided. Everyone agreed it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to!

Profile Picture Joy, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I cannot envision a more picturesque setting for a wedding and reception than the Watson House. You have to see the photos to begin to understand how absolutely beautiful it is. Stephanie quickly understood our daughter's vision for her wedding and then she and her crew surpassed all of her expectations. Our daughter has told us so many times that her wedding was all that she could have wished for and then more. Much of this is due to the vision, professionalism, creativity, and attention to detail of the Watson House staff. If you are thinking about having a wedding at the coast, I can't imagine how you could find a more perfect location.

Profile Picture Elaine, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

The Watson House made our Daughter's wedding very special and beautiful.

Profile Picture Christina, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

The venue is beautiful and the staff is amazing. Our wedding was like no other I have ever been to!

Profile Picture Alison, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

The Watson House was my absolute DREAM wedding! Everything was flawless from start to finish! Everyone that works with Stephanie at Dream Makers was fabulous! They went above and beyond for my wedding and I could not have found a better location with better people! Everything was amazing and I could not have asked for more!

Profile Picture Morgan, 9/6/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

We have had so many people tell us it was the most beautiful and fun wedding they ever attended. We even had guests in the food and beverage industry who said it was outstanding!!
Dream Maker's is the Best! Michelle Butler with Keepsake Memories photography was an absolute pleasure to work with and the pictures are amazing.
Chef Smoke with The Flame could not have made better food for anyone. People are still talking about it more than 6 months later.
There are simply no words to describe Brian and Stephanie Watson. When they call themselves Dream Makers they mean it. It was a fairytale wedding come to life!!

Profile Picture Ann, 9/6/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Photography, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The Octagon House (one of the venues offered by DreamMaker's Wedding Estates) was our ideal historic, coastal wedding venue and the DreamMaker's team went above and beyond to make our wedding day what we wanted. If you hire them, they will be fully committed to making your wedding day great and really make you feel like part of their family. They have a large selection of beautiful decor and the team itself has wonderful creative style. They provided us the perfect southern coastal feel, just as we had envisioned. They go out of their way to meet your vision, transporting large pews from another one of their venues and rushing along the completion of farmhouse tables for our wedding use as they knew these items were on my "dream" wedding list. Our wedding day really was exactly what I wanted and I cannot imagine it having been any better and this was largely due to the wonderful DreamMaker's team. I really cannot say enough great things about this group and this venue!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 8/31/14, 1 Review
4.7

The team at the Watson house did a great job on our wedding in 2014. The venue was terrific, service was top notch, and the support through the process was very helpful. Made the whole process easy and stress-free. Great team, and really good value as well.

Thanks!

Rob and Kathy Cimperman

Profile Picture Rob, 7/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The host family is wonderful, the food was superb, my bouquet was gorgeous (from their garden) the venue is breathtaking. I wouldn't have changed anything. It was the perfect wedding.

Profile Picture Katherine, 7/9/14, 1 Review