The Water Club Reviews

The Water Club 6
The Water Club 7

Dana B · Married on 06/23/2019

Excellent and wonderful experience

I recently held my wedding at the Water Club. My husband and I could not have been more thrilled by the event. From the food to the actual gorgeous venue, we and our guests had such a meaningful time. Alyson at the Water Club was phenomenal to work with...she was on top of every detail and we knew we were well taken care of. We definitely made the perfect choice for our wedding

Sent on 06/28/2019

Em Kay · Married on 01/20/2019

Amazing Venue

My original venue was closed a month before my wedding. I had attended a friend's wedding at the Water Club and they ended up providing an even better wedding than what I originally planned.

First, the venue is incredibly beautiful, has great light, and is well-suited to a wedding. There is plenty of space for the ceremony and cocktail hour (in two nicely appointed rooms), and a lovely bridal suite. The views are stunning and so many guests complimented it.

Second, everyone who works there was amazing. Joann & Alyson really helped my day become incredible. Every server/restroom attendant as well was very kind and professional.

The food was outstanding, and the portions were very generous. They worked with me to bring in a non-traditional dessert (cinnabons), and served them warm without me even thinking to do that!

It was also a wonderful value and they were very willing to work with us to fit everything we wanted within our budget.

Sent on 01/23/2019

Stacey Cooper · Married on 11/03/2018

Wedding Reception in a New York Minute

My husband and I had our wedding reception at The Water Club. We planned a small reception very last-minute. The planning process was smooth and Joanne was extremely accommodating. The views are amazing and the ambiance is beautiful. The service is impeccable and food was amazing. Our guests are still talking about the food! Joanne did an amazing job setting up the venue; it was so beautiful. Thank you for an unforgettable evening!

Sent on 06/07/2019
    The Water Club 8

Lourdes Sanso · Married on 11/01/2018

From start to finish not one complaint about th water club

Do not even think just book this venue. It is worth it just to work with Alyson who is an angel on earth. This woman is so organized and responsive she made the wedding planning process as easy as possible and took care of literally EVERYTHING. We had a couple issues on the day with vendors we had hired and Alyson fixed it and made everything perfect. Also - the food is incredible, the chef is super accommodating, the wait staff were BEYOND attentive to the point that multiple people went out of their way to mention it to me after. I literally have not one complaint. Don’t think about it anymore just book the water club.

Sent on 09/10/2019

Ashley · Married on 08/19/2018

Where do I begin! WE LOVED EVERY STEP OF THE PROCESS! Alyson, the Events Manager is a doll! We was always very reponsive, she made us feel very special, and the staff was amazing. We had our ceremony and reception here. There was a cocktail/hor devours hour following the ceremony, we then went to the large reception space downstairs and had a 3 course meal and open bar for our guests. The price for this was much better than MOST NYC venues. I should also mention that we had 60 guests. There is a bridal Suite on site, however no suite for the Groom. Although, there wasn't a suite for the Groom that really wasn't a problem because there's so many hotels in the area.

Sent on 09/14/2018
    The Water Club 16
    The Water Club 17
    The Water Club 18

Tiffany · Married on 08/18/2018

We had our wedding at The Water Club on 8.18.18. The entire planning process from start to finish was easy and seamless thanks to Alyson. We didn’t need to hire an extra wedding planner or day of coordinator because she was that great! She was always very communicative and responsive even when she was on her own personal leave.

We had about 165 guests who attended our wedding. Everyone raved about the food during cocktail hour and the premium open bar. For the reception we had a 4 course meal with your standard steak, chicken, and fish option. Given that I had about 50 vegetarian guests, they were so accommodating in letting us add a 4th option. Every dish was executed very well. The staff was very attentive given the large amount of people. The Maitre D always checked on us to make sure my husband and I had our glass full and food at the sweetheart table.

From location, to food, to service, The Water Club exceeded all of our expectations. Our wedding was perfect and it’s been almost 2 months now and people are still talking about it! You will not be disappointed if you choose The Water Club, Alyson and her team will make your wedding the most magical day ever! We can’t thank you enough!

We haven’t received our photos back yet but once we do, I’ll be sure to update with professional ones!

Sent on 10/12/2018
    The Water Club 19
    The Water Club 20
    The Water Club 21

Danielle · Married on 07/15/2018

My fiancé, Matt, and I recently had our wedding (7/15/18) at The Water Club. The entire process, from start to finish, led by Alyson and her team exceeded our expectations. Whenever we had any questions, Alyson was quick, thorough, and personable to address our concerns.The food, the ambiance, and the service was incredible. We can't wait to visit The Water Club again to celebrate/ to recreate some of the magic of our most special day! Thanks again for everything! Danielle and Matt

Sent on 08/23/2018

Lauren · Married on 07/12/2018

Alyson Pike is beyond the consumste professional! She helped us from day one with all the small to big details of our wedding and it just was the most spectacular wedding a couple could ever hope to have. Everyone raved about the food, the service and the views!! Added bonus is how Alyson and the staff worked with our special requests and accommodated with patience everything including those guests with last minute changes and dietary restrictions. Responsive, professional, just warm and personable and honestly, for NYC a value for that par venue with views. We can’t say enough wonderful things about The Water Club and Alyson.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Cindy · Married on 07/07/2018

Words can not express the amazing experience we had with Alyson and the entire crew for our wedding on July 7th at The Waterclub. The level of professionalism and attention to detail went above and beyond. I recommend The Waterclub to anyone who is getting married - you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Katie · Married on 06/30/2018

Alyson was an amazing planner. She answered all of our many questions within the day, if not within about 10 minutes! The food was wonderful, great service day of for bartenders and waiters. Everything was perfect and couldn't have gone better.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Rhoda · Married on 06/23/2018

Joanne O’Connor was fabulous in helping us plan our party, and all of the service staff were wonderful. The food? FABULOUS!!!

Sent on 09/29/2018

Glenda · Married on 06/06/2018

Joanne at Water Club made our Daughters wedding day the best day ever! From start to finish Joanne was a huge help always answering my emails promptly. Water Club was excellent, I would highly recommend this venue. We couldn’t fault anything. We had a drinks reception on a private patio prior to the meal which was very much enjoyed by everyone. Staff, service and of course the food was 1st class.

Sent on 09/17/2018
    The Water Club 22
    The Water Club 23
    The Water Club 24

Tina · event on 01/20/2018

I had my 50th Birthday Brunch Bash here, appx 80 guest's. From my first encounter through the end of my party I wanted for nothing! The food, the views, venue and overall customer service Spectacular!! My Guests were thrilled and so was I. I received many compliments about all of the above, & guest's loved the food! My event planner Allyson was amazing, informative & sooo helpful. She worked directly with me, my DJ, florist and Photo Booth vendors - I did not have to do anything after hiring them. The staff are wonderful and make your celebration fantastic and fun!! I could not have asked for a more Perfect party or day!

Sent on 03/30/2018

Leslie · Married on 10/29/2017

Your wedding is supposed to be one of the best days of your life, and Alyson and The Water Club not only made it happen but far exceeded expectations. The venue overlooking the water is magnificent and the food is beyond words good (seriously people cleaned their plates for every meal), but it is the staff that makes this place A+. Alyson helped come up with ideas to make our idea of a brunch wedding come true. At times it seemed like she was more excited than we were. She was responsive and helpful throughout the entire process, always accommodating or making suggestions where necessary. On the day of the wedding, she made sure that everything was set and ready to go. She handled everything professionally and kept everyone where they needed to be. She even handled some last second requests flawlessly. Everyone else there was so friendly.

Sent on 12/08/2017
    The Water Club 25
    The Water Club 26

Allie · Married on 07/22/2017

Allyson was great to work with! We loved the water club and would recommend it!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Cheryl · Married on 07/08/2017

We could have not picked a better place to have our wedding reception. They made our wedding SO much fun! It was the best wedding!!!! We worked with Joanne from the Water club and she was truly the best. They treated us like family. We picked the Water Club most importantly because we wanted to have our wedding be the only wedding at our venue. Our food was to die for as it was not Catering hall food, but it was actual restaurant food. If you have ever dined at the Water Club, you will know that you will never be disappointed. The night we signed our contract they let us enjoy a free meal on them and also the day after our wedding – it was really sweet and we will always remember the small details. The portions were very generous for a wedding and everyone was stuffed just after cocktail hour. Joanne is the ABSOLUTE BEST! Everything throughout our wedding went PERFECT and every dish was properly timed. She made sure to lay out every single prop we purchased, just as we discussed. She also saved EVERYTHING for us the day after the wedding. Joanne let us have our parents at our tasting, which really meant a lot to us. She was an absolute pleasure to work with and she set up an amazing detailed timeline of events that kept everyone on schedule. Joanne collaborated with our DJ, photographers, videographers, and all other vendors very nicely. She was extremely responsive and the water club let have the dry ice effect during our first dance. They also let us have a sparkler goodbye. We would give the Water Club a thousand stars if we could. We know that the Water Club will forever be a memorable restaurant for us. Joanne was reasonable, detail oriented, punctual, and the payment was so easy. Just an overall delight to work with the Water Club and I would HIGHLY recommend for not only weddings but for any event. We wish we could relive that night! It was the best night of our lives!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Kajsa · Married on 05/20/2017

We picked the Water Club for our wedding venue and we were fortunate enough to be blessed with Alyson (Event Sales Manager) as our coordinator and she did an amazing job answering our every question, and standing by for every request. She was a trooper and a life saver in our wedding planning and always prompt ad giving answers with a smile, along with guidance and professionalism. She helped assuring certain food requests were met, she helped with every vendor and she even gave me information to her hairstylist used for her own wedding. There was nothing she wouldn't or couldn't do. Alyson, we are forever thankful and grateful for making our dream come true!

As far as the venue it is very romantic and created an intimacy for our wedding that were beyond our dreams. The food is great and if you doubt it just go and have dinner there to see for yourself. We will be coming for many, many happy years to celebrate and recreate our special moment.

PS. We also met the GM after our event who introduced himself in "casual wear" which was a huge bonus, and he traded cigars with my husband - Thank you!

Sincerely, Mr. and Mrs. Koustoubardis

Sent on 08/17/2017

Clare · Married on 04/28/2017

April 28th 2017 was the best day ever! My Husband and I knew from the moment we walked into The Water Club a year earlier that this is where we were getting married! It was exactly what we wanted, great views of the East River, outside space and simple elegance. Alyson and her team was absolutely amazing, she made the whole experience a breeze and gave reassurance, even when I felt like I was asking really silly questions. They Provided a list of vendors that had worked at the venue before and we used the Florist and Photographer from that list, this was super helpful and reassuring knowing people had worked this venue! When our day finally arrived I felt no stress because I knew The Water Club had it under control. The food was great, everyone said they had never tasted a steak so good, the hor d'oeuvres where amazing ( I just wish I got to eat more) I want to do it all again and its only been a week since it happened!
    My Husband and I definitely recommend The Water Club for any kind of event, but especially a Wedding. I am so happy that we chose this place and even more so as we have a great place to go for anniversaries.Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Lauren · Married on 02/25/2017

Alyson and the entire staff were fantastic. The whole ceremony was planned and carried out just like we wanted. They also put it together in 4 weeks.....amazing!

Sent on 02/28/2017

The Water Club 31
    The Water Club 32
    The Water Club 33

Caroline · Married on 08/13/2016

We held our reception at the Water Club for our wedding in August 2016. We could not have asked for anything better, and our guests all have been raving about the venue and the service! The cocktail and reception rooms are gorgeous, with wonderful views over the water (rare for an NYC space!) All of our guests complimented us on our choice of venue and how unique the wedding was because of it.

We worked with Chelsea during the planning process every email was answered quickly. We met once closer to the date to go over logistics and everything ran perfectly smoothly the day-of, with nothing for us to stress about.

Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Rachel · Married on 07/17/2016

Chelsea and her team at The Water Club were fantastic to work with from start to finish. My husband and I were booked at the Water's Edge - which closed 8 months before our wedding!! Luckily, The Water Club was offering a small discount to couples trying to recover from losing their deposits and trying to start planning all over again and I'm so glad we found them.

The space was gorgeous, the views were incredible, and the food was delicious!

We did not hire a wedding planner and Chelsea made that completely fine - she coordinated all the day of arrivals and needs directly with our vendors, suggested a delicious bakery when we came to visit that we ended up using (Butterfly Bakeshop!) and was so nice about answering all of our questions that we tried consolidating into a few emails, but which inevitably became a somewhat constant stream of questions in the couple of weeks before the wedding.

And, despite The Water Club being in a somewhat funny location (past the FDR dr, literally on the East River), we had no problem with our nearly 100 out of town guests making it there on time and without difficulty. Thank you for everything!!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Our Summer wedding at the Water Club was perfection! I can't rave enough about Chelsea, she was amazing in every way starting from the date of interest to the date of the wedding. She was so nice, so knowledgeable and offered great ideas. The cocktail hour was outstanding inclusive of the specialty signature drink, top notch choices, raw bar and delicious appetizers served. The room (lower barge) was gorgeously transformed and you can't get better than their river view. The dinner was both delicious and beautifully presented. The service was impeccable with the staff being super friendly and professional. Our guests complimented us on the food, service and ambiance: we heard "the best wedding ever" multiple times during and after the wedding. I highly recommend The Water Club it's worth every cent "correction" big buck spent.

Sent on 07/29/2016

Demetra · Married on 06/25/2016

The Water Club is amazing. We had a beautiful, fun, and delicious wedding there this June and would recommend it highly to anyone looking for a great spot. Chelsea and her team are amazing, the food and service were spectacular, and the views, well you can NOT do better.

Sent on 08/02/2016