The Water Club Reviews

43 | New York, NY

43 Reviews for The Water Club

Jamie Krinsky · Married on 02/15/2020

Best venue ever!

Truly THE BEST EVER. If we could give more than five stars we would. My husband and I recently had our wedding at The Water Club on February 15, 2020 and it could not have been more perfect. We worked with Alyson, the director of events, to plan our wedding and she was absolutely fantastic. Alyson worked with us from day 1 to plan the wedding of our dreams, from planning the specific type of ceremony/reception we wanted, to choosing the food, as well as all the other details for the day of the wedding. Alyson is also extremely knowledgeable about the entire wedding process - she takes care of absolutely everything and makes sure that the wedding day is perfect. (While weddings are not always easy to plan, Alyson really went above and beyond to make the planning process stress free and enjoyable.) Since our wedding was in February it was quite chilly outside, but TWC had the fireplace going and the venue was cozy, classy and also had that 'old New York' feel. Our guests have not yet stopped raving about the place itself, the delicious food and the exceptional staff (bartenders, bathroom attendants, waiters, etc. were professional, attentive, and incredibly nice). We feel so incredibly lucky to have had such a wonderful experience and we are so happy we chose TWC as our wedding venue! BEST NIGHT EVER!

Love Jamie & Greg

Sent on 02/18/2020
  • Cher

Cher Ann · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing November 2nd wedding!

The most amazing venue with the most accommodating staff!! Amazing experience all around! look no further the views where spectacular and all my guests from overseas said it was the best food they ever had a wedding and the best wedding they had ever been to!

Sent on 11/24/2019

Regina · Married on 10/11/2019

The quintessential New York City wedding venue

My husband and I had our wedding reception at The Water Club on October 11th, 2019. It is the perfect venue for that quintessential New York City wedding. Our photos are stunning, the food was excellent, and Alyson Pike, the events coordinator, could not be easier to work with. l 100% recommend The Water Club to couples who want an elegant and unique venue that guests will love.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Dan Kennelly · Married on 09/28/2019

breathtaking views, world-class service

My wife and I were so excited to visit The Water Club as it was the first venue that we were considering. We were so impressed, that it actually became the last venue as well. The staff, location and views all really helped make that decision a great one, but more importantly it was our event coordinator, Alyson Pike. She was great from start to finish and went above & beyond to make us feel comfortable throughout. The wedding day itself was everything we could've dreamed of. The venue, food and service were all exceptional, and Alyson's great talents persisted. We can't thank Alyson and her team enough, and highly recommend The Water Club

Sent on 10/28/2019

Dana B · Married on 06/23/2019

Excellent and wonderful experience

I recently held my wedding at the Water Club. My husband and I could not have been more thrilled by the event. From the food to the actual gorgeous venue, we and our guests had such a meaningful time. Alyson at the Water Club was phenomenal to work with...she was on top of every detail and we knew we were well taken care of. We definitely made the perfect choice for our wedding

Sent on 06/28/2019

Em Kay · Married on 01/20/2019

Amazing Venue

My original venue was closed a month before my wedding. I had attended a friend's wedding at the Water Club and they ended up providing an even better wedding than what I originally planned.

First, the venue is incredibly beautiful, has great light, and is well-suited to a wedding. There is plenty of space for the ceremony and cocktail hour (in two nicely appointed rooms), and a lovely bridal suite. The views are stunning and so many guests complimented it.

Second, everyone who works there was amazing. Joann & Alyson really helped my day become incredible. Every server/restroom attendant as well was very kind and professional.

The food was outstanding, and the portions were very generous. They worked with me to bring in a non-traditional dessert (cinnabons), and served them warm without me even thinking to do that!

It was also a wonderful value and they were very willing to work with us to fit everything we wanted within our budget.

Sent on 01/23/2019

Sara · Married on 01/19/2019

Incredible

The Water Club was a truly wonderful venue for our wedding! First of all, it was cozy and intimate for our wedding of 130 (though the space could comfortably have accommodated many more). We got married in the winter, and the view was beautiful – a stunning backdrop for our photos!

Our event manager, Alyson, was amazing – she answered emails so promptly, was full of suggestions, and made sure our wedding day ran so smoothly! She sent us a proposed timeline/outline and had us fill in our preferences, which was so helpful. She also coordinated delivery/set-up with our outside vendors (video, photo, DJ, flowers, cake), so I did not have to worry about anything on my wedding day. There was also so much food (all delicious!), and they were able to accommodate our numerous dietary restrictions without a problem.

Alyson, and all the staff at The Water Club, are so warm and caring – I truly felt so special! I could not have had a more perfect wedding! I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 02/20/2019

Stacey Cooper · Married on 11/03/2018

Wedding Reception in a New York Minute

My husband and I had our wedding reception at The Water Club. We planned a small reception very last-minute. The planning process was smooth and Joanne was extremely accommodating. The views are amazing and the ambiance is beautiful. The service is impeccable and food was amazing. Our guests are still talking about the food! Joanne did an amazing job setting up the venue; it was so beautiful. Thank you for an unforgettable evening!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Lourdes Sanso · Married on 11/01/2018

From start to finish not one complaint about th water club

Do not even think just book this venue. It is worth it just to work with Alyson who is an angel on earth. This woman is so organized and responsive she made the wedding planning process as easy as possible and took care of literally EVERYTHING. We had a couple issues on the day with vendors we had hired and Alyson fixed it and made everything perfect. Also - the food is incredible, the chef is super accommodating, the wait staff were BEYOND attentive to the point that multiple people went out of their way to mention it to me after. I literally have not one complaint. Don’t think about it anymore just book the water club.

Sent on 09/10/2019

Ashley · Married on 08/19/2018

Where do I begin! WE LOVED EVERY STEP OF THE PROCESS! Alyson, the Events Manager is a doll! We was always very reponsive, she made us feel very special, and the staff was amazing. We had our ceremony and reception here. There was a cocktail/hor devours hour following the ceremony, we then went to the large reception space downstairs and had a 3 course meal and open bar for our guests. The price for this was much better than MOST NYC venues. I should also mention that we had 60 guests. There is a bridal Suite on site, however no suite for the Groom. Although, there wasn't a suite for the Groom that really wasn't a problem because there's so many hotels in the area.

Sent on 09/14/2018

Tiffany · Married on 08/18/2018

We had our wedding at The Water Club on 8.18.18. The entire planning process from start to finish was easy and seamless thanks to Alyson. We didn’t need to hire an extra wedding planner or day of coordinator because she was that great! She was always very communicative and responsive even when she was on her own personal leave.

We had about 165 guests who attended our wedding. Everyone raved about the food during cocktail hour and the premium open bar. For the reception we had a 4 course meal with your standard steak, chicken, and fish option. Given that I had about 50 vegetarian guests, they were so accommodating in letting us add a 4th option. Every dish was executed very well. The staff was very attentive given the large amount of people. The Maitre D always checked on us to make sure my husband and I had our glass full and food at the sweetheart table.

From location, to food, to service, The Water Club exceeded all of our expectations. Our wedding was perfect and it’s been almost 2 months now and people are still talking about it! You will not be disappointed if you choose The Water Club, Alyson and her team will make your wedding the most magical day ever! We can’t thank you enough!

We haven’t received our photos back yet but once we do, I’ll be sure to update with professional ones!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Danielle · Married on 07/15/2018

My fiancé, Matt, and I recently had our wedding (7/15/18) at The Water Club. The entire process, from start to finish, led by Alyson and her team exceeded our expectations. Whenever we had any questions, Alyson was quick, thorough, and personable to address our concerns.The food, the ambiance, and the service was incredible. We can't wait to visit The Water Club again to celebrate/ to recreate some of the magic of our most special day! Thanks again for everything! Danielle and Matt

Sent on 08/23/2018

Lauren · Married on 07/12/2018

Alyson Pike is beyond the consumste professional! She helped us from day one with all the small to big details of our wedding and it just was the most spectacular wedding a couple could ever hope to have. Everyone raved about the food, the service and the views!! Added bonus is how Alyson and the staff worked with our special requests and accommodated with patience everything including those guests with last minute changes and dietary restrictions. Responsive, professional, just warm and personable and honestly, for NYC a value for that par venue with views. We can’t say enough wonderful things about The Water Club and Alyson.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Cindy · Married on 07/07/2018

Words can not express the amazing experience we had with Alyson and the entire crew for our wedding on July 7th at The Waterclub. The level of professionalism and attention to detail went above and beyond. I recommend The Waterclub to anyone who is getting married - you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Katie · Married on 06/30/2018

Alyson was an amazing planner. She answered all of our many questions within the day, if not within about 10 minutes! The food was wonderful, great service day of for bartenders and waiters. Everything was perfect and couldn't have gone better.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Rhoda · Married on 06/23/2018

Joanne O’Connor was fabulous in helping us plan our party, and all of the service staff were wonderful. The food? FABULOUS!!!

Sent on 09/29/2018

Glenda · Married on 06/06/2018

Joanne at Water Club made our Daughters wedding day the best day ever! From start to finish Joanne was a huge help always answering my emails promptly. Water Club was excellent, I would highly recommend this venue. We couldn’t fault anything. We had a drinks reception on a private patio prior to the meal which was very much enjoyed by everyone. Staff, service and of course the food was 1st class.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Tina · event on: 01/20/2018

I had my 50th Birthday Brunch Bash here, appx 80 guest's. From my first encounter through the end of my party I wanted for nothing! The food, the views, venue and overall customer service Spectacular!! My Guests were thrilled and so was I. I received many compliments about all of the above, & guest's loved the food! My event planner Allyson was amazing, informative & sooo helpful. She worked directly with me, my DJ, florist and Photo Booth vendors - I did not have to do anything after hiring them. The staff are wonderful and make your celebration fantastic and fun!! I could not have asked for a more Perfect party or day!

Sent on 03/30/2018

Leslie · Married on 10/29/2017

Your wedding is supposed to be one of the best days of your life, and Alyson and The Water Club not only made it happen but far exceeded expectations. The venue overlooking the water is magnificent and the food is beyond words good (seriously people cleaned their plates for every meal), but it is the staff that makes this place A+. Alyson helped come up with ideas to make our idea of a brunch wedding come true. At times it seemed like she was more excited than we were. She was responsive and helpful throughout the entire process, always accommodating or making suggestions where necessary. On the day of the wedding, she made sure that everything was set and ready to go. She handled everything professionally and kept everyone where they needed to be. She even handled some last second requests flawlessly. Everyone else there was so friendly.

Sent on 12/08/2017

Allie · Married on 07/22/2017

Allyson was great to work with! We loved the water club and would recommend it!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Cheryl · Married on 07/08/2017

We could have not picked a better place to have our wedding reception. They made our wedding SO much fun! It was the best wedding!!!! We worked with Joanne from the Water club and she was truly the best. They treated us like family. We picked the Water Club most importantly because we wanted to have our wedding be the only wedding at our venue. Our food was to die for as it was not Catering hall food, but it was actual restaurant food. If you have ever dined at the Water Club, you will know that you will never be disappointed. The night we signed our contract they let us enjoy a free meal on them and also the day after our wedding – it was really sweet and we will always remember the small details. The portions were very generous for a wedding and everyone was stuffed just after cocktail hour. Joanne is the ABSOLUTE BEST! Everything throughout our wedding went PERFECT and every dish was properly timed. She made sure to lay out every single prop we purchased, just as we discussed. She also saved EVERYTHING for us the day after the wedding. Joanne let us have our parents at our tasting, which really meant a lot to us. She was an absolute pleasure to work with and she set up an amazing detailed timeline of events that kept everyone on schedule. Joanne collaborated with our DJ, photographers, videographers, and all other vendors very nicely. She was extremely responsive and the water club let have the dry ice effect during our first dance. They also let us have a sparkler goodbye. We would give the Water Club a thousand stars if we could. We know that the Water Club will forever be a memorable restaurant for us. Joanne was reasonable, detail oriented, punctual, and the payment was so easy. Just an overall delight to work with the Water Club and I would HIGHLY recommend for not only weddings but for any event. We wish we could relive that night! It was the best night of our lives!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Kajsa · Married on 05/20/2017

We picked the Water Club for our wedding venue and we were fortunate enough to be blessed with Alyson (Event Sales Manager) as our coordinator and she did an amazing job answering our every question, and standing by for every request. She was a trooper and a life saver in our wedding planning and always prompt ad giving answers with a smile, along with guidance and professionalism. She helped assuring certain food requests were met, she helped with every vendor and she even gave me information to her hairstylist used for her own wedding. There was nothing she wouldn't or couldn't do. Alyson, we are forever thankful and grateful for making our dream come true!

As far as the venue it is very romantic and created an intimacy for our wedding that were beyond our dreams. The food is great and if you doubt it just go and have dinner there to see for yourself. We will be coming for many, many happy years to celebrate and recreate our special moment.

PS. We also met the GM after our event who introduced himself in "casual wear" which was a huge bonus, and he traded cigars with my husband - Thank you!

Sincerely, Mr. and Mrs. Koustoubardis

Sent on 08/17/2017

Clare · Married on 04/28/2017

April 28th 2017 was the best day ever! My Husband and I knew from the moment we walked into The Water Club a year earlier that this is where we were getting married! It was exactly what we wanted, great views of the East River, outside space and simple elegance. Alyson and her team was absolutely amazing, she made the whole experience a breeze and gave reassurance, even when I felt like I was asking really silly questions. They Provided a list of vendors that had worked at the venue before and we used the Florist and Photographer from that list, this was super helpful and reassuring knowing people had worked this venue! When our day finally arrived I felt no stress because I knew The Water Club had it under control. The food was great, everyone said they had never tasted a steak so good, the hor d'oeuvres where amazing ( I just wish I got to eat more) I want to do it all again and its only been a week since it happened!
    My Husband and I definitely recommend The Water Club for any kind of event, but especially a Wedding. I am so happy that we chose this place and even more so as we have a great place to go for anniversaries.Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Lauren · Married on 02/25/2017

Alyson and the entire staff were fantastic. The whole ceremony was planned and carried out just like we wanted. They also put it together in 4 weeks.....amazing!

Sent on 02/28/2017