23 Reviews for The Water Club

Cash Bar (1)
Liquor License (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
23 The Water Club Reviews

Your wedding is supposed to be one of the best days of your life, and Alyson and The Water Club not only made it happen but far exceeded expectations. The venue overlooking the water is magnificent and the food is beyond words good (seriously people cleaned their plates for every meal), but it is the staff that makes this place A+. Alyson helped come up with ideas to make our idea of a brunch wedding come true. At times it seemed like she was more excited than we were. She was responsive and helpful throughout the entire process, always accommodating or making suggestions where necessary. On the day of the wedding, she made sure that everything was set and ready to go. She handled everything professionally and kept everyone where they needed to be. She even handled some last second requests flawlessly. Everyone else there was so friendly.

Profile Picture Leslie, 10/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Valet, Indoor, Scenic Views, In-House Bar, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

Allyson was great to work with! We loved the water club and would recommend it!

Profile Picture Allie, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could have not picked a better place to have our wedding reception. They made our wedding SO much fun! It was the best wedding!!!! We worked with Joanne from the Water club and she was truly the best. They treated us like family. We picked the Water Club most importantly because we wanted to have our wedding be the only wedding at our venue. Our food was to die for as it was not Catering hall food, but it was actual restaurant food. If you have ever dined at the Water Club, you will know that you will never be disappointed. The night we signed our contract they let us enjoy a free meal on them and also the day after our wedding – it was really sweet and we will always remember the small details. The portions were very generous for a wedding and everyone was stuffed just after cocktail hour. Joanne is the ABSOLUTE BEST! Everything throughout our wedding went PERFECT and every dish was properly timed. She made sure to lay out every single prop we purchased, just as we discussed. She also saved EVERYTHING for us the day after the wedding. Joanne let us have our parents at our tasting, which really meant a lot to us. She was an absolute pleasure to work with and she set up an amazing detailed timeline of events that kept everyone on schedule. Joanne collaborated with our DJ, photographers, videographers, and all other vendors very nicely. She was extremely responsive and the water club let have the dry ice effect during our first dance. They also let us have a sparkler goodbye. We would give the Water Club a thousand stars if we could. We know that the Water Club will forever be a memorable restaurant for us. Joanne was reasonable, detail oriented, punctual, and the payment was so easy. Just an overall delight to work with the Water Club and I would HIGHLY recommend for not only weddings but for any event. We wish we could relive that night! It was the best night of our lives!

Profile Picture Cheryl, 7/8/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Valet, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, In-House Bar, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Indoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables

We picked the Water Club for our wedding venue and we were fortunate enough to be blessed with Alyson (Event Sales Manager) as our coordinator and she did an amazing job answering our every question, and standing by for every request. She was a trooper and a life saver in our wedding planning and always prompt ad giving answers with a smile, along with guidance and professionalism. She helped assuring certain food requests were met, she helped with every vendor and she even gave me information to her hairstylist used for her own wedding. There was nothing she wouldn't or couldn't do. Alyson, we are forever thankful and grateful for making our dream come true!

As far as the venue it is very romantic and created an intimacy for our wedding that were beyond our dreams. The food is great and if you doubt it just go and have dinner there to see for yourself. We will be coming for many, many happy years to celebrate and recreate our special moment.

PS. We also met the GM after our event who introduced himself in "casual wear" which was a huge bonus, and he traded cigars with my husband - Thank you!

Sincerely, Mr. and Mrs. Koustoubardis

Profile Picture Kajsa , 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Alyson and the entire staff were fantastic. The whole ceremony was planned and carried out just like we wanted. They also put it together in 4 weeks.....amazing!

Profile Picture User7843879, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our reception at the Water Club for our wedding in August 2016. We could not have asked for anything better, and our guests all have been raving about the venue and the service! The cocktail and reception rooms are gorgeous, with wonderful views over the water (rare for an NYC space!) All of our guests complimented us on our choice of venue and how unique the wedding was because of it.

We worked with Chelsea during the planning process every email was answered quickly. We met once closer to the date to go over logistics and everything ran perfectly smoothly the day-of, with nothing for us to stress about.

Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Caroline, 8/13/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Valet, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Wine, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Covered Outdoor, Indoor

Chelsea and her team at The Water Club were fantastic to work with from start to finish. My husband and I were booked at the Water's Edge - which closed 8 months before our wedding!! Luckily, The Water Club was offering a small discount to couples trying to recover from losing their deposits and trying to start planning all over again and I'm so glad we found them.

The space was gorgeous, the views were incredible, and the food was delicious!

We did not hire a wedding planner and Chelsea made that completely fine - she coordinated all the day of arrivals and needs directly with our vendors, suggested a delicious bakery when we came to visit that we ended up using (Butterfly Bakeshop!) and was so nice about answering all of our questions that we tried consolidating into a few emails, but which inevitably became a somewhat constant stream of questions in the couple of weeks before the wedding.

And, despite The Water Club being in a somewhat funny location (past the FDR dr, literally on the East River), we had no problem with our nearly 100 out of town guests making it there on time and without difficulty. Thank you for everything!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/17/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Stations, Valet

Our Summer wedding at the Water Club was perfection! I can't rave enough about Chelsea, she was amazing in every way starting from the date of interest to the date of the wedding. She was so nice, so knowledgeable and offered great ideas. The cocktail hour was outstanding inclusive of the specialty signature drink, top notch choices, raw bar and delicious appetizers served. The room (lower barge) was gorgeously transformed and you can't get better than their river view. The dinner was both delicious and beautifully presented. The service was impeccable with the staff being super friendly and professional. Our guests complimented us on the food, service and ambiance: we heard "the best wedding ever" multiple times during and after the wedding. I highly recommend The Water Club it's worth every cent "correction" big buck spent.

Profile Picture Lana, 7/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet, Champagne Toast, House Wine, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Indoor, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Stations

The Water Club is amazing. We had a beautiful, fun, and delicious wedding there this June and would recommend it highly to anyone looking for a great spot. Chelsea and her team are amazing, the food and service were spectacular, and the views, well you can NOT do better.

Profile Picture Demetra, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was AMAZING. I already can't wait to have every anniversary dinner there! =).
1. Money: for Manhattan on the water on a Saturday evening at the end of August, I don't think you can get anything better. Everyone was so happy with the location - our Manhattan friends were so pleased that they wouldn't have to figure out a way to get out somewhere in Long Island and then have to rent a hotel room. And so convenient that we were able to drop by and see the place and discuss the various wedding details whenever we wanted without it being a whole trip somewhere.
2. Food: people have been telling me that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. I agree. I refused to skip cocktail hour so I can get some hors d'oeuvres. The food was SO good, and so many menu options, too. And of course open bar. The most important thing for guests. They had a great selection of premium booze.
3. Atmosphere: incredible. On the water, with huge windows showing all the blue and the lights everywhere reflecting on the water. Indoors they had these little white lights on the ceiling that made everything look so romantic, and minimalist enough decorations that you don't have to fit into the venue's theme - anything you do there will work. Also the downstairs was just perfect for the number of people we had (105), and the outdoor deck during the cocktail hour was great on a warm summer's evening.
4. Joanne. The coordinator at the venue, Joanne O'Connor, is just incredible. From day one she was on top of everything. She let us have anything we wanted to put our own special touches into the wedding with absolutely no problem. And she did so much for us the day of the wedding that I, who have control issues and was very concerned about all the little things that needed to come together, was able to let go and enjoy myself. I don't have enough space to write more but I could write another three paragraphs about how easy she made everything for me.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Serafina, 8/29/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

First Class all the way. Chelsea and Javier the manager are extremely professional and really good at what they do. Their staff is really experienced, professional and incredibly nice. The food is top shelf and very good and the place is just really special. Their pricing is very reasonable, particularly with the quality level of food and service and venue you get.

Profile Picture Charles, 8/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough positive things about the Water Club, it truly is a NYC gem. The Water Club provides a classically elegant atmosphere and dinning experience on the East River in Manhattan.

My husband and I were lucky enough to have our May wedding at the Water Club. Our guests are still raving about the venue and the food, and lets not forget the beautiful views that wow during the day and sparkle at night. We wanted a wedding that was romantic, classy, elegant, and with just the right amount of city and on the water feel. The Water Club exceeded all of our expectations.

Planning with Joanne was a breeze. She was always enjoyable to meet with, and fun to talk to (she used to run Delmonico's in the 80's so we knew we had one of the very best venue coordinators in the city). Joanne was enthusiastic about all of our plans and made us feel very special, which is amazingly rare in the wedding industry.

Joanne worked with our vendors and bridesmaids to make sure things ran seamlessly, and the room looked like our vision.

The maître d' on the day of our wedding was superb and accommodated my husband and I continuously, and made sure the butlers got passed hors-d'oeuvres to me (which if you have had a wedding before you understand that the Bride and Groom usually do not get a chance to eat much of their food).

The food was delicious and the open bar provided lots of options (including some fantastic Old Fashioned cocktails). So many guests told us they had never been to a wedding with such great food. This is one of the benefits of having your wedding in one of NYC's best restaurants.

If you are able to have your wedding at the Water Club, do not pass up the opportunity. They made our wedding day better than we ever could have imagined. Plus, we now have a special and extremely romantic restaurant to celebrate anniversaries and special occasions.

Profile Picture Christina, 5/20/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Valet, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Wine, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Stations, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

I could not have asked for a more beautiful wedding! I was looking for a venue that was elegant and had a classic New York feel, but not stuffy and the Water Club exceeded all expectations. We worked with Joann who was fantastic!! She is so enthusiastic about what she does, and works hard to make everything exactly how you want it.

We were married in the upstairs room, and then had the cocktails and dinner in the River Room downstairs. It was the perfect set up for our 50 guests.

Our guests commented all night about the beautiful views, the impeccable service, and how fantastic the food was from the cocktail hour to the sorbet they served for dessert along with our cake. I would 100% recommend the Water Club!!

Profile Picture User4782640, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

For anyone who's been to The Water Club right on the East River in Manhattan - for a wedding, for dinner, even to the Crow's Nest upstairs for a casual drink - I think it goes without saying that this is one of the most beautiful, fantastic, most delicious of locations in all of New York City. BUT... I'll say it anyway!!

If you're looking for a classic, beautiful, elegant, memorable, city-on-the-water wedding, where all of your guests are fed the most exquisite food, treated to the most beautiful and iconic views New York has to offer, and provided such professional service they rant and rave about it for weeks, you must book The Water Club. Our wedding was my dream and beyond, but my guests, too, can't stop talking about it!!! One of my guests said "my filet mignon was so tender I skipped the steak knife and used my butter knife!" Another of my guests, a professional chef, remarked that the quality was that of a fine, restaurant, served beautifully and impeccably.

The photos on social media from my guests of themselves against the water and iconic Coca Cola sign in Queens were abundant - it was more than clear that the vistas charmed all 130 of our guests.

WeddingWire won't let me write more, so please click here to read the rest of my review: http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-water-club-new-york?hrid=aaCP8kmOh9bsuLZ-NMbI-w

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/26/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Our wedding on September 14th was held at The Water Club. Our wedding coordinator was Lacy. Words can't begin to describe how wonderful she was. From day one, she was friendly and professional. She met with us, gave us suggestions, responded to every email and I know we sent a lot. On the day of the wedding, she coordinated everything so perfectly that even our friends and family are still talking about it. She completely took away the stress of planning a wedding and for that, my husband and I are truly grateful. This place is amazing and if anyone is looking for an elegant place to get married at an affordable price in NYC, don't hesitate to have it here. Besides Lacy being amazing, the whole entire staff at The Water Club are great and they all helped make our day memorable. We absolutely loved it and had the time of our lives.

Mr. & Mrs. Reyes

Profile Picture Francesca, 9/14/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Joanne made planning so easy and The Water Club was professional in every way...beautiful location, great food and a good time was had by all!

Profile Picture User3310872, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved loved loved having our wedding at the Water Club. The restaurant was closed because of damage from sandy and so we did have concerns about how they would fair with a private event. We met with Joanne and she made sure everything was perfect from soup to nuts,
The food was outstanding and the cake was the best wedding cake that I have ever had, I wish they had a bakery, because I would go every week. The service was impeccable! And the views, well we were lucky to watch the sunset - and there is nothing greater than being on the water. I would highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Tammy, 3/23/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the first interview, up to and including the wedding, this place was a hit. The setting is awesome. The staff was helpful and friendly. The food was terrific. The value was exceptional. The house florist Jonathan did a fantastic job. Everyone had fun and it was a very successful wedding.

Profile Picture Christopher, 9/22/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was EVERYTHING we wanted in a venue...perfection!

Profile Picture Kevin, 9/2/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

ALYSON IS AMAZING!!! Can't say enough good things about her. We were so happy with how our engagement party turned out. Thank you!

Profile Picture Laura, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We had our wedding at the Water Club in the smaller room on the 2d floor. I was worried that it will be too crowded for our party of 55 guests but it was perfect. Everything was lovely, the fire place looked great, the service and food were outstanding. I was a little disappointed by the h'orderves but it could be because I had extremely high expectations of them based on description. Appetizer, main course and dessert were impeccable. The planners Joanne and Chelsea were professional and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend this place especially to couples who want to have a small wedding (they can accommodate a larger party but in a different room) as the price is very reasonable, there is no guest minimum or rent fee.

Profile Picture User5496468, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The River Room at the Water Club is one of the most beautiful venues in Manhattan for a wedding reception. I loved it from the moment I first saw it. I am so glad that my husband and I chose to have my wedding there. In addition to the amazing view and atmosphere, the food was spectacular.

Joanne was a pleasure to work with and worked very hard from the start to ensure that we had the most perfect day. The Water Club was badly damaged by Hurricane Sandy and for some time there was a question of whether or not the room would be ready in time for the wedding. We are so appreciative to everyone there for making it happen.

Profile Picture Maureen, 4/20/13, 5 Reviews