The Walkens Reviews

The Walkens 3
The Walkens 4

Steve · Married on 05/04/2019

The Best Wedding Band

Have hired the Walkens several times and they were a must for my daughters wedding. They made the reception with all 160 people dancing all night. You can't go wrong with this band they are the best. I cannot say enough good things about them.

Sent on 05/20/2019
    The Walkens 5
  • Shay

Shay M · Married on 05/04/2019

The Best Band for Events in AZ!

The Walkens are a beyond amazing group of musicians! They are so great at reading the crowd and know exactly what songs to chose to get everyone up and dancing! At our wedding, the dance floor was packed ALL NIGHT! Our first dance song was not on their music selection list and they learned it for us! Also, I wanted to do a surprise mash-up of two songs for the father/daughter dance and Tod and the band were able to do it seamlessly! We love you all! You literally rock!

Sent on 06/14/2019
    The Walkens 6
    The Walkens 7
    The Walkens 8

Sydney · Married on 02/09/2019

Best band in AZ!

Seriously the best band in AZ! They did such an amazing job at my wedding this year! Tod the band lead was great to work with and very professional, the band sounded amazing and really seemed to cater the song choices to the crowd since everyone was dancing literally all night (and most didn't even want to leave at the end of the reception!). Also, they learned our first dance song and played it on point! I was also worried since they would have to emcee the entire event as well, but they have a ton of experience at weddings clearly and that went flawlessly and they kept everything on schedule. I would highly recommend to anyone, and I will definitely hire them again for events in the future.

Sent on 03/06/2019

The Walkens's reply:

Thank You Sydney! A great party is a result of a great crowd! Your family and friends were wonderful and it was a great night! Congratulations and dont be strangers!

Tod
    The Walkens

Jennifer · Married on 03/10/2018

The Walkens recently played at our daughter's wedding. They were spectacular! They made the reception so much fun by playing great songs that got everyone on the dance floor. They are true professionals and we would highly recommend them,

Sent on 04/22/2018

Phil · Married on 02/18/2018

The Walkens were absolutely amazing - Tod and the band did an excellent job from start to finish! Tod met with us prior to the evening to make sure we were comfortable with the flow of the event, sent us a list of songs to review, and at the wedding he read the crowd perfectly and kept the entire party dancing from start to finish. Everyone complemented how fun the band was! Thanks again!

Sent on 03/10/2018

Marie · Married on 05/20/2017

We chose the Walkens for our wedding and everyone in attendance said they were incredible! They truly made the evening a night to remember! They really are worth every penny! We've turned into fans and have attended their performances around the area. It's always a fun time! We HIGHLY recommend them for your wedding or special event.

Sent on 07/08/2017

Jean · Married on 04/15/2017

Five stars are not enough! I need 10! The Walkens are absolutely the BEST! The dance floor at our wedding was packed the entire night! The Walkens played something for everyone, and even accommodated requests on site. Tod is a total professional and was great to work with in the planning. The band on-site was spectacular! I can't tell you how many times that night and in the weeks following, I heard: "That band was AWESOME!!" I can't recommend The Walkens highly enough!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Elliot · Married on 10/29/2016

"Wow!" " Fantastic!" " So much fun!"- our guests had an amazing time on our special day and our band "The Walken's" made the perfect finishing touch. The dance floor was packed, the song list was great and my fiancé and I asked for a few special requests and not only was Tod Miller helpful, but went out of his way to make sure those requests were met. I am beyond thrilled that we booked this band.

Sent on 12/02/2016

Jena · Married on 10/15/2016

We had the Walkens perform during both our wedding ceremony and our reception. Throughout the entire process, there was open communication with Tod and he happily answered our many questions. Since we had a destination wedding in Tucson, we were not able to see them perform beforehand but we were very pleased. They Walkens were happy to learn our three song choices for the ceremony, and had an extensive set list we could choose from for the reception. They sounded great, and were more than happy to accommodate our last minute request. Being from Chicago, we happened to get married during game 7 as the Cubs were potentially entering the World Series. The Walkens not only made regular score announcements during the reception, but also let our guests come up and sing the Chicago win song after the Cubs won the game! Everyone at our wedding had a great time, and we got many compliments on the band! We would definitely recommend the Walkens for your wedding!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Eric · Married on 05/21/2016

Todd and the band members exceeded our expectations in every way possible. Not only were they the focal point of the evening, they stepped in to help with table service as the caterer fell behind. Our guests raved about them and their music was well planned and performed. I would highly recommend this group to anybody looking for live entertainment and an energetic pulse to their event.

Sent on 06/19/2016

Rick · Married on 04/30/2016

The Walkens have played at our 25th anniversary and our daughters wedding. Both venues were at my house south of Tucson. They were the epitome of professional. They worked with us on the setlist and did everything we asked of them during the wedding and reception. The best example of how great this band is the following scenario. At our 25th wedding anniversary, in our backyard with about 60 people, they were going to play on a flatbed trailer in the middle of the yard. However, there was a huge rainstorm that started just after they arrived. The whole night could have been a disaster due to the storm. However being the professionals they are they concluded they could setup there equipment on the small to average sized covered patio. They played for hours and the crowd loved them. The Walkens totally saved the night. My daughters wedding was even better since the weather was better. They rocked the audience with great song after great song. My wife and I are very grateful and will look to hire them again in the future.

Sent on 03/29/2017
  • Sloane

Sloane · Married on 04/30/2016

The Best Band Period!

The Walken's was the band at a wedding I was the planner this May and let me tell you they are by far the best band around! They are amazing in every way and my favorite part was when they called up our bride to sing on stage and it was electric! I can not recommend them enough! Thank you Walken's Band! Events By Sloane will recommend you again and hopefully soon!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Jeff · Married on 04/16/2016

If six out of five stars were an option, that's what we'd choose for every category! We could not have asked for a better wedding band - the Walkens were fantastic. They were enthusiastic, professional, and incredibly fun. They have a great energy, and every song they played was well done. Communication leading up to the wedding was great - Tod was easy to get a hold of and very responsive. He answered all of our questions before hand, and we went into the night confident and knowing exactly what to expect. We had guests come up to us all night, and the following day, commenting on how much they loved the band, and what a great time they had dancing. We picked a song set that had a country / classic rock spin, and they totally nailed it - while also nailing every pop song that we threw onto the list. They truly made our night special and FUN. We'd recommend them to anybody and everybody, 100 times over.
    - Jeff and Marissa, 04/16/16

Sent on 04/18/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/30/2015

When we got engaged my fiance's "must have" was a band, he found The Walken's online and we were able to see them live as well. They were so incredibly easy to work with and were able to adjust the band count to our budget. We used them for acoustic during the cocktail hour and band for the reception. They sent an EXTENSIVE song list that we highlighted what we liked and they ran with it from there. They even learned our first dance song! We didn't have to worry about a thing other than provide a timeline...they were able to emcee and kept the crowd going. The dance floor was packed all night long, which was all we wanted! The Walken's were an incredible find, and I would recommend them ALL DAY LONG for your wedding. Absolutely perfect and all our guests thought so too! Hire them TODAY!!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Ashlyn · Married on 10/24/2015

Hi,

First off.....where do I begin to tell you how utterly fantastic you were!

From working with you and the band at previous weddings, Rich and I knew exactly who we would select for our last child's wedding music. Having a live band was very important to us. We had gone to quite a few showcases that Ashlyn had set up when she came out and always kept coming back to The Walkens. Being wedding photographers ourselves for 25 years, the daunting task of just who can provide the entertainment that will make one of the most important days of your child's life something that will be fun, emotional and happy, I can't begin to explain just how important that was to us. Due to the fact that it was a destination wedding for everyone but us, as well as, Ashlyn and Ben not being able to come out a lot during the planning and then when she did come out, you then were sick and she couldn't hear you play, Ashlyn had to take a leap of faith. Both she and Ben have had nothing but accolades to say about how great the music was. I can't tell you how many friends and family came up to us remarking on how great you all were. When you played Pink Floyd for Rich, it was one of the musical highlights of his evening. We can't thank you enough for taking our wedding and making it the fun event we were envisioning.

Sincerely,
    Mindi and Rich Verdi
    info@fotoverdi

Sent on 10/26/2015

Hannah · Married on 10/17/2015

The Walkens brought the dance party!! It has been a month since our wedding and I am still getting compliments on how awesome the band was at our wedding! One thing my fiancé and I knew that we had to have at our wedding was a great band and The Walkens more than delivered. We planned our wedding from across the country and I was incredibly nervous about picking the right band, especially since I wouldn’t be able to see them play ahead of time. I could not have been more relieved with our decision to book The Walkens! The dance floor was literally packed all night. From our college friends in New York and Boston (ages 20/30s) to our parents’ friends (age 50/60s) everyone was dancing and singing along. The band even allowed my cousin with special needs to come up and sing with them which made our night! We opted to have Melissa join the guys as a female vocalist and she was amazing! A great addition! Do yourself a favor and book The Walkens for your wedding! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Helen · Married on 09/12/2015

The Walkens played at my son's wedding at Los Poblanos Historic Inn in Albuquerque, NM. The venue was a small ballroom, and the band adapted beautifully. The sound was perfect, and everyone had a great time. Tod was wonderful in his communication, and the band was totally professional, charming, and fun. Thanks Tod...it was a magical evening!

Sent on 09/17/2015

The Walkens's reply:

Thanks Helen!

It was a beautiful night with a wonderful group of people!

Thank you for having us!

Tod

Megan · Married on 05/16/2015

This is the third wedding in our family to use the Walkens, and once again all our guests were raving about them. They are so thoughtful and professional and go above and beyond. The selection of music was exactly what we wanted and had our guests dancing all night.

Sent on 05/19/2015

Tracy · Married on 03/21/2015

The Walkens were awesome and were definitely one of the highlights of our wedding. The music was so fun and working with them was a breeze. They were totally professional and responsive. They even learned a few new songs for us, which we really appreciated. If you are considering a live band, I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Drew · Married on 10/04/2014

I'm a big music guy and was pretty critical about choosing a band. These guys fullifilled beyond my expectations. Their price was extremely reasonable compared to other local bands and they were far better. They started as a 4 peice when originally booked and we later added a fiddler and 2 horn players (strongly recommended). We had about 3-4 songs that the band was kind enough to learn for us and they crushed them. Tod was a very cool and easy dude to work with and I could not recommend The Walkens more. Dance floor was always moving and our guests still rave about them to this day. Make sure they play their Led Zeppelin Medly!

Sent on 10/13/2014

C · Married on 08/30/2014

We came from Milwaukee to have a destination wedding in Phoenix with a small group of family and friends (50 people). Having The Walkens play on our big night was the best decision we made all wedding next to the spare rib mac & cheese! Tod was great to work with throughout the entire planning process and very accommodating. They played the best set list and absolutely crushed it! There was music played throughout the night that was fun for everyone at the wedding, and far exceeded expectations. A truly memorable experience!

Sent on 09/18/2014

Valerie · Married on 05/17/2014

The Walkens were outstanding at our wedding! The dance floor was packed the entire time they played and everyone raved about the band. Tod is incredibly nice and easy to work with. I appreciated his laid back personality in the crazy wedding industry. The Walkens were hands down the best choice in vendors I made!

Sent on 07/25/2014

Jesse · Married on 04/26/2014

The Walkens were wonderful and they totally made the party! We were so happy to have them be part of our wedding. Everyone of all ages had a blast dancing and singing along all night!

Sent on 05/06/2014

These guys are AWESOME! More people should include live music on their special day. Our guests of all ages truly enjoyed their music and they kept people on the dance floor all night. Our wedding was at a private residence and two of the neighbors came by to say the band sounded awesome from their back patios.

Sent on 11/09/2013