The Vow Keeper Reviews

82 | Twentynine Palms, CA

82 Reviews for The Vow Keeper

Sharon · Married on 02/13/2016

Charlotte is a beautiful person and we could not be happier to have selected her as the officiant for our special day. After we decided to elope in Joshua Tree, we came across her website. Eloping simplified the entire wedding planning process for us in some ways, but it also meant that the few elements we were including (flowers, location, officiant) carried so much more weight... so it was a little unnerving to find someone online. Charlotte put our fears at ease during our first phone conversation. She really listened to our ideas and answered all of our questions. Once we officially selected her as our officiant, the resources on her website helped us pull together a ceremony that truly represented our vision. We sent her a pretty rough draft of what we wanted to include and she immediately tied all of our ideas together into The. Perfect. Ceremony. Charlotte is extremely detail oriented and even put in extra effort we never expected of her - when she learned my dress and our style for the day was bohemian, she pulled together the perfect bohemian look to officiate. It was a pleasure to work with Charlotte and I cannot recommend her enough. I'm generally pretty picky, prone to lamenting "what could have been", I'm always looking for "the best" and I can honestly tell you, Charlotte is the best. If you want someone with beautiful energy and a talent for navigating this whole wedding thing, don't look any further. Charlotte is just wonderful.

Sent on 02/26/2016

The Vow Keeper's reply:

Sharon and Travis, you had the perfect spot, high a top the hillside to commit yourselves as husband and wife...such a lovely wedding day and I adored your pooch !!! he was a perfect Best Man !!! Best wishes to you both, Charlotte

Sarah · Married on 02/06/2016

Exquisite. Magnificent. A ceremony to be remembered forever!

Charlotte's ceremony was absolutely the most beautiful I've ever heard in my life. She is so talented and loving and caring and truly wants the people she's marrying to be happy. She designs and writes her ceremonies around the couple and exactly what they want. We had told her we wanted a non-religious, traditional ceremony with a modern twist and she went above and beyond for us. She wrote a heartfelt, sincere and most beautiful ceremony that had the whole chapel crying tears of joy.

We also asked her to write us a blessing for our reception dinner. Hers was steeped in tradition, love and caring for not only us as a couple, but for all in attendance. Her attention to detail is impeccable and her words of wisdom and love are sincere and deep.

Larry, Charlotte's husband, is a first class photographer and was able to capture the true essence of us as a couple, whether through candid shots or posed photos. After having taken over 400 photos, Larry did not disappoint. He was always there when we wanted to pose and he was also behind the scenes capturing important moments of the girls getting ready, of us as a couple emerging out of the chapel and of our reception dinner.

I wish I could go back in time and be a fly on the wall at my own wedding to step outside myself and really view what everyone else saw in the chapel and at our reception: deep understanding and love between two people who joined as one that day. Charlotte & Larry, The Vow Keeper, were integral to our day and I would hire them all over again!!!

Sincerely,
    Sarah Preble

Sent on 02/09/2016

The Vow Keeper's reply:

What a JOY and an honor to marry you and Albert...we will remember your wedding day always and Larry and I will hold it close to our hearts. Warmest Wedding Wishes, Charlotte and Larry

christina · Married on 01/11/2016

Charlotte was AMAZING! From the moment I spoke with her on the phone, I knew she was the right person for us. She was beyond thorough with details about being married, what was needed, and all of our options. Not to mention beyond kind spirited! This could of been an overwhelming process but she made it so easy and stress free. David and I are so grateful to have had such a beautiful ceremony that represented us! If your looking for an Angel to you marry you, she's it!

Sent on 01/18/2016

The Vow Keeper's reply:

Such a wonderful couple you and David are !!!! what a joyful day we spent together at Hidden Valley and how special your Native American smudge blessing and wedding ceremony was....you two are a true treasure and are blessed in so many ways....Warmest Wedding Wishes. Charlotte

Teresa · Married on 11/08/2015

We were so lucky to have found such a kind,and helpful Officiant & also her photographer husband Larry. They are a wonderful team!
    Charlotte is very knowledgeable & knows just what to do to make all the arrangements & paperwork go smoothly. She really went out of her way to make the whole process easier for us. She had great suggestions & saved us so much time & effort. She really goes above & beyond & her fee is also so reasonable. We highly recommend her services & also Larry for photography. Charlotte is not only a great Minister but also a lovely lady.
    Charlotte gave us many vow examples so that we could personalize & choose our own vows. We were able to take portions of several examples that meant something special to us & we put them all together into one unique & meaningful ceremony. We are so grateful for that because our ceremony will always be totally just "our ceremony"....one that no one else can replicate, we could never have done that without Charlotte.
    She has been doing this for a long time & understands how to make every ceremony she does special & personal. It is very obvious that she truly cares about every couple she works with & that it is important to her to give everyone the best wedding experience possible. She makes the whole experience stress free, happy & enjoyable.
    Now there's her sweet husband, Larry, he was calm, easy going & such a joy to work with. He was open to our input & to our ideas & suggestions. He really went out of his way to make us happy. Not only was he very professional but so much fun. Larry & Charlotte took hundreds of beautiful pictures that we will cherish forever.
    We are both so grateful & we thank you both from the bottom of our hearts for a perfect wedding day in 29 Palms Charlotte & Larry!

Sent on 12/13/2015

The Vow Keeper's reply:

Congratulations and thank you Terry and Martin, for such kind words....your wedding day was so joyful and beautiful at the Roughly Manor in Twentynine Palms and Larry and I will treasure your day !!! Warmest Wedding Wishes to both of you. Charlotte and Larry

We have travelled all the way from the UK to the Joshua Tree NP to have our wedding there. We chose The Vow Keeper because their service looked very comprehensive, detailed and professional.
    We were not disappointed, Charlotte was not only very organised, knowledgeable, very swift with response to a million of questions and queries we had, but also very caring and supportive, attentive to detail and flexible. She advised us on the venue, best time of the day for the best photos. She even lend us a large mirror so we could get ready for our wedding as we were camping, it turned out to be one of the best props we had for the wedding, and I am certain the mirror will be used many more times in the future!!
    On the day of the wedding, Charlotte and Larry (her husband and photographer) made us feel at easy very quickly, both are extremely friendly, lovely an warm-hearted people, the setting was perfect, the ceremony was beautiful, exactly how WE imagined and wanted it. Larry took some 800 absolutely beautiful photos, he made us very relaxed, even my husband, who is rather shy really enjoyed posing.
    But most important and difficult part of the wedding for us was the paperwork, endless licences, certificates, apostille, it would take us months and lots of money to have all paperwork sorted and sent back to our country of origin (Czech Rep.) if it wasn't for Charlotte's help. She spent hours on the phone organising for us to have it all prepared on the spot without waiting, and we managed to obtain all necessary documents within the next day of our wedding, which we were ecstatic about!!!
    We had the most amazing time of our life in the most amazing place in the world with the most amazing people including Charlotte and Larry.
    We would thoroughly recommend their services to anyone without a doubt, for the time and effort they spent making sure our day is perfect, the price you pay is very little!
    Thank you again Charlotte and Larry for all your help!
    Lenka & Petr

Sent on 11/09/2015

The Vow Keeper's reply:

What a joy to make your wedding perfect in every detail, it was an honor and a pleasure to marry the two of you, we will remember it always. Warmest Wedding Wishes, Charlotte and Larry

Parker · Married on 10/25/2015

Charlotte was tremendous!

Our ceremony couldn't have gone smoother and we couldn't have asked for an easier, more understanding officiant for how we wanted our ceremony to be.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2015

Charlotte and her husband Larry are such great people! From the first call up until we said our vows she kept in contact with me going over everything to make sure we had the best day of our life! She helped us pick out the perfect place in Joshua Tree National Park to get married. We hired her husband Larry to do the photography. We met at the park a couple hours before hand to make sure we got plenty of perfect wedding pictures which turned out beautiful! From the minute we met them it felt like we knew them our whole life. I'm so grateful I found The Vow Keeper's website first! They really made our Day a Day we wouldn't forget! Thank you guys so much!

Sent on 01/18/2016

The Vow Keeper's reply:

Thank you Jennifer and John, Larry and I enjoyed your wonderful wedding day, and we are both so very happy that you loved your wedding photos and your Native American wedding ceremony....Such a special day. Congratulations and best wishes. Charlotte and Larry

Rachel · Married on 09/05/2015

My husband and I traveled from Pittsburgh to get married in Joshua Tree National Park last weekend and had the most wonderful and perfect day of our lives out there. Charlotte made me feel so comfortable and relaxed about our plans and it felt great to find someone to trust with such a significant event. She was great with getting back to me right away every time I called or e-mailed her with questions or concerns. She is extremely detailed and so helpful with planning! I am so grateful to have found her. Her husband Larry was so friendly and patient with us when it came to taking our photos. We talked and laughed with them while we walked around and found beautiful backgrounds to photograph us in (which is everywhere in that park). We loved them and would suggest their services to anyone who is looking for a personalized and unforgettable wedding experience!

Sent on 09/13/2015

The Vow Keeper's reply:

My congratulations to you and Phil, such a lovely couple you too make....Warmest Wedding Wishes to both of you !!!! Charlotte and Larry

Brandi · Married on 06/13/2015

Charlotte was very kind and helpful to me and my husband. She was very flexible and understanding with the both of us. Our pictures turned out beautiful and the ceremony was amazing. I would highly recommend her if you're wanting to get married!

Sent on 06/18/2015

The Vow Keeper's reply:

Congratulations Brandi and Joshua, It was a pleasure to do your wedding ceremony and we loved taking your wedding photos. Warmest Wedding Wishes to both of you and best wishes on you journey serving in the US Marines Corps, thank you for all that you do serving your country. Charlotte, The Vow Keeper

Jason · Married on 05/09/2015

The Vow Keeper (Charlotte) will make your experience unforgettable. Despite all the planning and coordination it takes to "pull-off" your big day - Charlotte was there to pull it all together. And she went "above and beyond" by offering suggested services, event details and creative ideas to enhance our big day! We will be forever grateful. Thank you!

Sent on 04/08/2015

The Vow Keeper's reply:

Thank you Jason for your kind words, your wedding was a spectacular day, celebrated with family and friends in The Joshua Tree National Park at Hidden Valley, and I will remember it always. Warmest Wedding Wishes, Charlotte

Gillian · Married on 05/09/2015

Charlotte was a delight to work with and very responsive, although we had just requested an officiant we actually got support as if she was a wedding planner. Thank you dearly Charlotte for a beautiful experience.

Sent on 05/13/2015

andrea · Married on 04/18/2015

I'm so glad we chose Charlotte to officiate our wedding. She made the whole process of planning the ceremony really easy, and she has tons of information for vendors and locations in the area. We weren't sure what exactly we wanted to do for our vows, so I loved that she had lots of examples of ceremonies to help figure it out. She was also completely open to whatever we wanted to do so that was great. As soon as she showed up to meet me on my wedding day she was calm and reassuring, which really helped calm my nerves. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 04/24/2015

The Vow Keeper's reply:

Congratulations Andrea and Kelly, Such a lovely wedding at The Twentynine Palms Inn. I greatly appreciate you using The Vow Keeper for your wedding, and I enjoyed meeting all of your family and friends. Warmest Wedding Wishes, Charlotte

SHE WAS PERFECT. WE HAD NO IDEA WHAT KIND OF CEREMONY WE WANTED AND SHE GAVE US SOME GREAT IDEAS. WE ENDED UP WITH THE PERFECT CEREMONY, COULDN'T HAVE ASKED FOR MORE.

Sent on 04/18/2015

The Vow Keeper's reply:

Thank you for your comments and warmest wedding wishes to you both !!!. Charlotte

Cindy · Married on 02/17/2015

Charlotte was fantastic. A pleasure to have her officiate our wedding. She was courteous, quick, and funny.

The Vow Keeper's reply:

Congratulations Chris and Cindy, it was a pleasure officiating your wedding. Warmest Wedding Wishes, Charlotte

Working with Charlotte for our wedding was very easy and stress free. She was helpful and knowledgeable, professional and timely. She returned my phone calls immediately and always had an answer for my questions. She will forever have a special place in our hearts!

Sent on 04/07/2015

Congratulations and Warmest Wedding Wishes, Charlotte The Vow Keeper

Marty · Married on 02/14/2015

Wonderful officiant! Charlotte is such lovely person, very caring and knowledgeable. We are so glad we found her, we highly recommend her wonderful service for your wedding!!

The Vow Keeper's reply:

Thank you Marty, it was a joy to work with both you and Jeffrey. Warmest Wedding Wishes, Charlotte

Reevalynn · Married on 08/05/2014

Very kind, quick response, and flexible with time. Has good taste with scenery and takes beautiful photography.

Sent on 04/21/2015

The Vow Keeper's reply:

What a wonderful sunset wedding at Indian Cove in The Joshua Tree National Park. My congratulations to you both and thank you for your service in the USMC. Warmest Wedding Wishes, Charlotte

Judy · Married on 05/17/2014

The vow keeper was amazing ,friendly,well organized,patient even when the Brie (I) was running late I would highly recommend her I was very satisfied with her being our offiaciant at my wedding.

Sent on 07/07/2015

George · Married on 05/03/2014

Charlette was very helpful and had no problems working with us on our vows. As a gay couple we were not pleased with using the term husband and husband and she made us feel at ease with using the term of spouses. She also gave us pointers as where to go and whom to order food and cake from for the reception. She arrived on time and after the ceremony we asked her to stay and enjoy some of the luncheon. We received all of our paper work and our certificate in a timely manner.

Sent on 04/08/2015

The Vow Keeper's reply:

Congratulations George and John, such a wonderful wedding in Palm Springs, and your wedding cake was superb !!! Thank you for all of your kindness. Wishing you and John all the best for many years to come... together. Charlotte

Charlotte is wonderful. We are so glad we found her and plan to ask her to help us with future events. She guided us us through our wedding event with good cheer and a creative spirit. Charlotte helped make our wedding day happy and special. What more could one ask?
    Ps. She can do it all from very formal to flip flops and sandals.

Sent on 04/11/2015

Bobbie · Married on 09/21/2013

Charlotte is a wonderful lady and conducted a beautiful wedding ceremony. We could not have asked for anyone better!

The Vow Keeper's reply:

Bobbie and Lea, what a delight to work with you in the planning of your wedding and thank you for your kind and generous invitation for your reception....The Chinese food was superb and your wedding cake and assorted sweets were over the top...I will treasure the memories of your wedding. Many thanks to both of you. Charlotte

Cam · Married on 08/31/2013

Charlotte is hands down the BEST officiant in the area. She will help you every step of the way. She is vey easy going, personable, friendly, helpful and just the best. You will not regret choosing her.

The Vow Keeper's reply:

Congratulations to you and Justin, such a memorable wedding at sunrise in The Joshua Tree National Park, a spectacular and wonderful day. Thank you, Charlotte

Charlotte and her husband are true gems that made our secret elopement truly special. My spouse and I had never been to the area but wanted to elope in Joshua Tree. Charlotte had great information about the park and suggestions on where to eat. She was also very thorough in making sure we had everything we needed from the county and lots of options for ceremony scripts. She also did not bat an eye when we asked for an early morning ceremony. In fact, she had a sunrise ceremony scheduled in the park right before ours... And still made it to the site before us!
    One of the hiccups of the day was that our photographer got lost and actually did not make it to the ceremony. While waiting for an hour, her husband pointed out some cool things in the desert including a couple of tortoises! Since the point of the early morning ceremony was for the beautiful light and cooler weather, we decided to just use our own camera. Charlotte officiated while her husband took photos. Afterward, Charlotte took more pictures of us around the site. The photos came out beautifully. We also brought a small wedding cake, for which we forgot to bring a knife. But, of course, they happened to have a hiking knife with them that we used.
    They had the answer for everything we needed that day. We are truly grateful for the experience we shared with them.

Sent on 04/22/2015

The Vow Keeper's reply:

Such a wonderful wedding morning we shared as you said your wedding vows under the Live Oak Tree in The Joshua Tree National Park, and sharing your special Ube wedding cake was a real treasure for us...it was like eating a slice heaven on a fork !!!. Thank you again and Warmest Wedding Wishes to you both, Charlotte

Gloria and Dan · Married on 08/04/2012

Oh my gosh, what a great experience !!! We just loved working with Charlotte. She really made our wedding ceremony very special. We had a last minute wedding with only one week of planning and she made all our wedding dreams come true. Thank you so very much for all that you did for us.

Sent on 08/09/2012

John and Sarah · Married on 07/20/2012

The Vow Keeper was fantastic !!! and very easy to work with. I custom designed our wedding vows with the help of The Vow Keeper. Charlotte had great ceremony ideas and she really made our wedding a very special day. I would highly recommend her. Thank you for everything.

Sent on 08/10/2012