28 Reviews for The Vista at Applewood Golf Course

Audio Equipment (1)
Parking (1)
Valet (1)
27 The Vista at Applewood Golf Course Reviews

We were so happy with our experience at the Vista. Keeley and Tatum and the whole staff were amazing to work with. Our guests commented on their friendliness and attentiveness. The food was great. Everything was perfect!

Profile Picture Sue mother of bride, 6/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The team at Applewood was beyond amazing! They were there for us every step of the way! When we found out the catering manager was leaving two months before our wedding, I’ll admit I was a bit nervous. Jeff, the head bartender, sat in on our tasting to make sure the transition was seem less! Keely then stepped in and we knew we were in excellent hands! Every single person at Applewood made our guests feel at home and, because of them, our day was absolutely perfect!!!!

Applewood is a great two-in-one! They provide the catering and the chef is out of this world! He accommodated our nut free and gluten free friends. The food at the cocktail hour was phenomenal and our friends and family cannot stop talking about how absolutely delicious their dinner was!

Photo for The Vista at Applewood Golf Course Review
Photo for The Vista at Applewood Golf Course Review
Profile Picture Meghan , 6/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at the Vista Applewood was amazing! Everything went really well and all were so helpful in this process. The only hiccup was the one hour of cash bar was supposed to be through the dinner hour but was not. "Fish" was very accommodating and made everything work. The food was phenomenal! we got lots of comments on how good the food was so thank you to the chef!! Thanks so much to Keely, Tatum, Fish and all other staff that assisted on 6/9/18!! Will for sure recommend to others getting married!!

Profile Picture Becky, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The entire team at Applewood was amazing! Keely, you were exceptional!!! :)

Profile Picture Norda, 5/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up

The Vista at Applewood was the perfect location for our wedding reception. With floor to ceiling windows all of our out of town guests were able to really appreciate how beautiful Colorado is in the fall. The location was a great size to allow people room to move around and yet not be dwarfed by too large a space. There is also ample parking for everyone. Best of all, the food and alcohol was very reasonably priced and we were able to provide an open bar the whole reception, much to the surprise and joy of our guests! We were fortunate to have found this place and would definitely recommend to others.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Vista at Applewood could not have been more helpful when planning our wedding. Tara was very helpful, responsive and honest with the cost and helped us keep our wedding within our budget!

Profile Picture Kendall, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The ceremony garden is beautiful and the reception area is spacious with great views and ambiance. What was most outstanding though was the service and attention to detail provided by Tara Lyndsy at The Vista. She answered all of our questions and handled all of the details for us. The wedding was amazing and everything we had hoped for.

Profile Picture Jeanne, 9/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't even begin to convey how amazing it was to walk into the reception and ceremony space and see my months and months of planning become a reality. Tara had been with me through the planning for months and she was wonderful. Unfortunately she had forgotten about a trip that was planned that she had to go on during my wedding weekend. She left us in great hands with Dan. Dan was a dream, unfortunately while opening a bottle of wine to make sure the bride and groom had their drinks during cocktail hour, the bottle cracked open in his hands and he had to go to the hospital. Thankfully the ceremony was over and Dan had helped to beautifully orchestrate that already. As we moved from cocktail hour to the reception (and dan headed to the hospital) things went relatively smoothly thanks to my maid of honor and DJ. As the night went on Dan actually came back from the hospital. I was astounded. Unfortunately though some things were starting to go wrong because we didn't have a coordinator. We had planned to have a popcorn bar that would consist of butter popcorn, caramel corn, and other fun toppings ( marshmallows, m&ms, other candies, etc,). According to some of the guests, the popcorn bar was only the two kinds of popcorn (no toppings) and it was stale/mostly popcorn kernels. Additionally I was told that there was no lighting in that area (so people couldn't see the popcorn bar). Also there was not good lighting near the guest book table/cupcake table and gift table. This may have been due to a lack of proper communication between my coordinator and DJ. Unfortunately due to the late change in coordinators, there was not a lot of time for communication. Despite being slightly biased (as the bride) it was still the most wonderful day. I couldn't believe Dan came back from the hospital (talk about committed!!) he was there to see us off and organize our sparkler send off. The Vista was a great ceremony and reception location that I would recommend to any bride!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was great. Tara was so helpful and was able to change to more people coming. The service and food were great the bartenders were great

Profile Picture Tamarah, 7/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Tara at the Bista did a great job helping my family and in laws plan for my big day. The food overall was very good. Most of my guests complemented how good the food turned out. My photographers also took some great photos of us and my bridal party on the golf course. I would recommend this venue to be a good place for a reception for the Golden, CO area.

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding is July 31,2016. I had definitely shopped around when it came to finding the perfect Venue. The moment I saw The Vista at Applewood in person I fell in love immediately. As much as I loved it I knew it was time to talk pricing (I mean golf courses aren't cheap). As I was presented a package for the pricing I was put at ease. Applewood is a beautiful place at a great price. They provide so much in their packages and make the food on site. Tara has been incredible to work with so far and always responds to emails in a timely fashion. I love this Venue and cannot wait to marry my best friend at such a spectacular venue!

Profile Picture User5137532, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding June of 2016. We had picked the Vista over a year ago and am so happy we did. We knew that we wanted to Vista from the very first visit. We loved the idea of having a wedding outside on a golf course and having a spacious reception with a great patio. The Vista had all of this! An added bonus was the great price for the venue, food and drinks!

Tara and Miranda were very helpful throughout the process of the wedding. I knew exactly what I wanted the decor and details to look like and I was able to do everything that I wanted. They were extremely flexible and were a great sound board for the ideas I wanted. It was nice to have them to email or call whenever I needed something.

The day went flawlessly. We did not have a coordinator but everything was set up so beautifully and nothing went wrong. The ceremony garden was stunning with an amazing view, the patio was perfect for cocktail hour and the tables and decor inside were put together perfectly! We had SO many compliments on how great the food was and the open bar added to the fun!

We wouldn't have changed a single thing from our wedding day and we are on cloud 9 when we look at back at the pictures of the best day ever! Thank you Vista and everyone who contributed to making our day so special!

Profile Picture Morgan, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
4.3

Tara's assistant, I think her name is Miranda, did an awesome job. Everything I asked her about she had an answer or got it done. Was a wonder experience.

Profile Picture Geri, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was most amazing the wedding planner the service was beautiful we loved it so much were planning to have our family Christmas party there and our first year anniversary. We as bride and groom recommend this venue to not only weddings but other special events. They are beautiful to work with we had our wedding there August 15th 2015 the food the bar the help to the details to our wedding they are so dedicated to their job. Loyda & Nick

Profile Picture Loyda, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Officiant

I could not be happier about the choice to have my wedding at the Vista! Everything was just..perfect! I'm not sure where to start. First off the venue is gorgeous and was the perfect setting both for the ceremony and the reception. Second the food...amazing! All my guests raved about the food and the aesthetics. Lastly, the service went beyond my expectations! Tara was wonderful taking all of my calls and emails from the time I got in contact with her. And Miranda did a great job day of with the coordination. We couldn't be more happy! We'll be sure to refer them every chance we get! :)

Profile Picture Alexandra, 8/14/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment we walked in we fall in love with the place and right after we knew that working with Tara and Geoff was going to be easy and not overwealming. Tara gave us pointers with some details for the wedding and was very accomodating everytime we showed up just to see the venue AGAIN! Geoff went far and beyond to accomodate our drinks favorites for our enjoyment. The day of the weddign was perfect and full of joy for both of us.

Profile Picture Yidelka, 8/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a wonderful experience at the Vista. Tara and Geoff were incredibly helpful and accommodating. Tara took the time to find out exactly what we wanted, including the main course, beverages, a band, h'ordeuvres, and a sundae bar. The food was incredible, and the staff was professional and timely. We are thankful for such a great experience!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are so glad we chose The Vista at Applewood Golf course for our special day. Planning a wedding in Colorado from Arizona went by smoothly with Tara's help from the day we were interested in the venue to the day of the wedding. All of the staff were amazing including Geoff and the new wedding coordinator, they helped me through the day to keep the stress off! Family and friends still tell us how laid back and fun the staff were. Such a beautiful well kept place, my wedding pictures are beautiful.

Profile Picture Amy, 5/30/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was such a wonderful venue for a wedding! Not only is it a beautiful place, but the staff at The Vista at Applewood were terrific to deal with and they made the day extra special. Tara & Brian were especially accommodating and worked with us to stay within our budget.

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Valet

The Vista staff made our big day a HUGE hit with all our guests! We, as the couple getting married, had no worries about decorations, time line, or food/drink! We were able to fully enjoy our big day! Thank you The Vista and all the staff!!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/6/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are so happy that we picked this site for our wedding! My husband and I looked at several locations, and they all felt very "salesy" and cookie cutter. Beautiful, but not right. When we arrived at the Vista, Tara was more than happy to show us around (bless her heart, she was 8 months pregnant at the time!). The ceremony garden was beautiful, big open space and very green. Beautiful walk to the site. And the reception hall was also gorgeous: very modern looking. It has pretty distinct colors to it, but any wedding colors will work. The pricing was very reasonable, and no site fee which was a bonus! Tara was an excellent planner up to the day and was willing to answer all of my silly questions. She even ordered a tree for us to plant for the ceremony! Geoff was the day of coordinator who was on top of everything. We dealt with A LOT of rain on wedding day, but that makes the memories more perfect. If you are as indecisive as we were about your wedding details, the people at the Vista will give you the best input and best options to make your day spectacular.

Profile Picture Alison, 8/31/14, 6 Reviews
3.8

Overall, the venue itself was perfect. We loved the ceremony site, outdoor deck, and reception area. It was easy for our guests to find and having the ceremony and reception at the same site was super convenient. The day-of coordinator is awesome! He kept things on schedule and was extremely easy to work with.

There are only a few things I would caution couples on:
1. You are only allowed to begin events on the premises at 3pm (whether that's getting ready, decorating, or taking pictures). With that being said, the venue was holding a rehearsal at the same time we were allowed on the premises, so that delayed our picture taking by 45 minutes. I would make sure there isn't a rehearsal scheduled at the same time you are planning to be on site.
2. I would make sure every detail is included in your contract. Several things were discussed with the coordinator; however, when it came to the day of the event, they didn't happen as discussed (e.g., we paid for 4 bartenders and there weren't more than 2 behind the bar).

Profile Picture Jenna, 8/30/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I chose Applewood for our August 2014 Wedding, and could not have been happier. Tara and Geoff were AMAZING from the start. They were flexible, easy to work with so efficient. Tara allowed me to drop all of our wedding decorations off days early, which saved me a huge headache and a lot of stress. Geoff ran the entire show the day of the wedding and was amazing. He kept us on a timeline but never got in the way. The staff were all friendly and professional and the food was outstanding. We have gotten so many compliments from our guests about how perfect everything was. We lucked out with a beautiful Colorado day and the ceremony garden looked great! I highly recommend Applewood for anyones Wedding!!

Profile Picture Rachel , 8/16/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had to find a new venue with just over 100 days to go. The Vista at Applewood Golf Course had our date open and we could not be happier! Everything leading up to our big day was great. I had to contact Tara many times with questions and she always got back to me in a timely manner. On our wedding day, everything was set up as we expected and looked beautiful! We were running behind a little but everything worked out. Geoff and the wait staff went out of their way to make us and our guests comfortable. The food was even better than at our tasting and every guest I talked to at the wedding and afterwards said how great the food was. I cannot imagine any other venue pulling off such a great event.

Profile Picture April, 7/5/14, 4 Reviews