The Vineyards Reviews

The Vineyards 3
The Vineyards 4
The Vineyards 5

Michelle · Married on 05/04/2012

The garden ceremony sight is so beautiful and the staff is amazing, they take the best care of you and really know what theyre doing. They made our day amazing!

Sent on 05/30/2012

Kelley · Married on 04/29/2012

We had our ceremony and reception at The Vineyards and it was amazing. The site is beautiful and the space is large enough for people to not feel crowded but small enough so that it still feels intimate (we had 165 guests). Everything was well organized and the staff were all very accommodating; you are a guest at your own wedding- it was great. Soroor constantly checked on us to make sure we had enough to eat and drink at all times and was there, no matter what we needed. Our family and friends all had a blast and enjoyed the venue and staff as well.

We went with the Sunday package so all our vendors were pre-selected and they were all great. All the vendors are used to working together so it makes it a lot easier because they know Soroor and Jimmy, as well as the venue.

Before your wedding date, there is a tasting and all the brides and grooms are invited, so it is as if you are attending a real wedding. We really enjoyed this because you start to envision how your wedding is going to be and it was a really nice thing to do during the planning process.

Brides- the room upstairs where you will get dressed is huge and it is so nice because you and your bridal party are going to need a lot of room. The room was nice and cool when we walked in and there are bathrooms up there too. We all enjoyed champagne while getting ready and then the wedding began.

A BIG thank you to all the staff at The Vineyards, especially Soroor and Daria, for making our wedding the most perfect day ever. We had the best time!!!!

Sent on 05/17/2012

Jennifer · Married on 03/25/2012

We booked the Sunday package to have our ceremony and reception at The Vineyards and were completely amazed at our wedding. First, the vendors were all familiar with each other, making planning effortless. The cake, photographer, DJ, and florist, whose services were included in the package, were friendly, professional and wonderful. Their intimate knowledge of the venue allowed for everything to be perfect. Second, the wedding coordinator/owner, Soroor, was superb. She guided us throughout the planning, was extremely flexible and helpful, and was willing to do anything for us had the need arose. We had intended on an outdoor ceremony; It poured on our wedding day, and without flinching, Soroor had a back up plan for our ceremony to be held indoors, which turned out to be more beautiful than we could have imagined. To her, we came first, beyond family, parents, and the rest, and that made all the difference.
    Our wedding, though a blur in our minds, went beautifully. We love this venue and would book another event in the future. The Vineyards was a little secret that we happened to come across. And we are glad we did.

Sent on 04/04/2012

Melinda · Married on 03/10/2012

This is a wonderful venue that is the best "bang for the buck" you will find. If you sign up for their "Sunday Package" you will receive an even greater value. You will pay one price per person (less for children) and that includes the venue, catering, cocktail hour, dj, photographer, florist and cake. I only had two months to plan our wedding and I never would have pulled it off without the help of Soroor and Jimmy Campbell. They are the heart and soul of this place. It's truly a family affair. Their mom and kids work their too and the rest of their staff is beyond compare. And they are flexible. Basically anything I thought of, Soroor would make it work and she really believes the bride is always right. My circumstance was a bit unconventional because I had my daughter there with me on my big day as well as 26 other children, but we hired a few babysitters and Soroor set up a whole room especially for the kids. It all worked out perfectly and the adults as well as the kids all had a great time. I would highly recommend having your wedding or other special event at the Vineyards. You will not be sorry.

Sent on 03/21/2012

Jessica · Married on 02/18/2012

Jimmy and Soroor are amazing. The venue is breathtaking and does not require a ton of decor as it stands on its own so beautifully. They were willing to get creative and work with our budget to make our wedding dreams a reality. I have recommended them to numerous friends and clients already. They clearly know how to throw an amazing party and I truly had the time of my life at my own wedding because of them!!!!

Sent on 03/13/2012

LILY · Married on 11/12/2011

• MY CINDERELLA WEDDING AT THE VINEYARDS
    • when my new husband, Mark (then my fiance) started discussing plans of a wedding a year ago, and we started researching on the wedding details that had to be taken care of, I was very overwhelmed. Just the thought of going through every detail possible to put it together made me very nervous & doubtful about pulling it off. Mark decided to go to the Marriot hotel in downtown L.A. & told me that's gonna be our wedding venue. Later, he introduced me to one of their sales agents but I did not exactly feel right about the place. It was a bit impersonal & very business like. Then one day, we decided to drop by a bridal expo as part of our research & saw Jimmy Campbell at one of the booths, & on the t.v. monitor by his table I saw pictures of the vineyards. The pictures of the garden with a WATERFALL background was breath taking & immediately, I knew that's where I want to get married. I called Jimmy and introduced myself again, in case he didnt remember me at the bridal expo, & asked him If I can see the place. He was very warm & friendly & was very accommodating. Somehow, I convinced my fiance to hold off on the Marriot hotel & to please give me a chance to check out the Vineyards first. Finally, at the vineyards,we were first met by the bubbly Monique, one of their coordinators,then Jimmy , then his wife Soroor. What a friendly lot! they treated us like friends & had put no pressure on anything at all. A year later, I got the WEDDING i have dreamed of since I was a little girl and I owe all these to Jimmy, Soroor, Monique, and the whole vineyards gang...from these three, down to the chefs, waiters, food servers, I met all my vendors (photographers, videographer, DJ, florist, cake , even my wedding dress) through them & they were all very professional & operated pretty much like the vineyards (warm & friendly) On my wedding day, I had never been treated like a princess. they made sure me and mark were comfortable. I didnt even have to worry about anything that day, everyone was just there to help, from fixing my cupcake wed cake ,arranging the souvenirs, providing extra venue for the bridesmaids' make up..etc.They made sure our guests were happy too.Soroor hardly ever left my side that day. It was a worry free wedding day & all I had to think of is looking pretty for my future husband. Everything was ORGANIZED ! The special part these people played on my wedding day made it the way every wedding should be....MEMORABLE & UNFORGETTABLE..Something that Mark & i will cherish for the rest of our lives! Thank you VINEYARDS!

Sent on 11/18/2011

Veronica · Married on 09/24/2011

In our search for wedding venues, my then fiance & I were ready to sign at the dotted line at the Calamigos in Burbank until I met my photographer at a bridal show. In looking through her picture albums, a few albums immediately caught my eye as I saw these beautiful photos with waterfalls and gardens in the background and asked her where that was. She told me she does a lot of work for The Vineyards in Simi Valley. She gave me Jimmy & Soroor's number and I called to make an appointment.

The minute I met Jimmy I felt like I had know him for years. He gave me a tour of the venue and I fell in love. The beautiful landscaped gardens, the waterfalls, the reception area and the lounge which I though was perfect for our cocktail hour. I immediately called my finance and told him we had found our wedding venue. When I initially told my fiance about it, he immediately said "no" as he didn't want our guests driving out to Simi Valley. I finally convinced him to come see it for himself before making his decision and he was happy he did. He hit it off with Jimmy and loved the facility! He loved the Starlight room where he could have a few cocktails with his groomsmen while getting ready for the big day. He also loved the fact the there was plenty of parking and that we did not have to share the venue with any other parties. When you book your venue here, you have the entire facility to yourselves. Your guests have plenty of places to take pictures and enjoy beautiful views.

We met with the chef and the food is exquisite! Our guests could not stop complimenting us on how great the food was and just how absolutely beautiful our wedding was. Throughout our entire wedding, our guests kept asking how did we find this venue? They could not believe this place existed. From the gardens, to the vineyards, to ceremony location, reception area, lounge, and gorgeous surroundings, they kept telling us this was one of the most elegent and beautiful weddings they had been to. The lounge area was perfect for our cocktail hour as we had a trio playing and with the waterfall in the backdrop, it was AWESOME!

Jimmy and Soroor are the best! Together with their staff, they take all of the stress away and their focus is for you to have the best wedding ever! From working with your own vendors or theirs, they coordinate everything from the smallest detail to make sure your wedding is flawless!

Before you decide on booking your venue elsewhere, I would highly recommend paying the Vineyards a visit and can almost guarantee your search will stop with them.

Sent on 03/04/2012

Karla · Married on 09/18/2011

Budget or not, call them! They are beyond great! We had our wedding there and I never had a problem or even had to worry about the the location, food, ceremony, NOTHING! The owners, Soroor and Jimmy, are super and my husband and I have had nothing but excellent comments about how gorgeous and "Hollywood" our wedding was! For food, location, ambiance, private parking, ceremony and reception, why would you fight it! Another amazing part of this location is that we have over 20 different backgrounds in our wedding pictures!! This place is the whole package, just bring your groom, guest, flowers, cake and say "I do"!

Sent on 10/14/2011

Rachelle · Married on 09/10/2011

I encourage anyone looking for a beautiful venue as well as amazing people to work with to visit The Vineyards. They took care of my husband and I like we were family and created the most magical and perfect wedding experience. It's not just a business for them, it's a lifetime friendship they cultivate within their business. Best people I've met thusfar.

Sent on 12/08/2011
  • Shaby

Shaby · Married on 07/23/2011

If you are a bride looking for a wedding venue, stop your search and book with the Vineyards today!

I booked my wedding date a year ahead of schedule, and for the entire year Soroor and Jimmy have been nothing short of accomodating and helpful. Everytime we went to visit, we were treated like family, and not like clients. From the beginning Soroor worked with me on my budget, my ideas, and my random requests, all with a smile on her face. She went out of her way to get me tableclothes I wanted in a different color, and made sure I was fed and happy everytime I walked through the door.

On the day of the wedding a few things went wrong, however Soroor fixed it like the pro she is, and I would have never known the difference.

I can't even begin to describe my gratitude and thanks to this amazing couple. My wedding was the most perfect day, and it was mostly thanks to them. Their level of kindness, professionalism, and overall family feel is more than I could have ever imagined, and it's what's going to make me visit them every chance I get!

Thank you again to Soroor and Jimmy. I love you guys!

Sent on 08/04/2011

Jeff · Married on 07/17/2011

We recently had our wedding in July 2011 at The Vineyards. It was such a pleasure working with Soroor and Jimmy. They are so nice and very professional. They were always available for questions and gave us good suggestions. Whatever we needed they were always there for us whether it be a phone call or a visit. I would highly recommend The Vineyards to anyone planning a wedding. They will help plan within your budget too.

Sent on 08/01/2011

Michelle · Married on 07/09/2011

We were so happy that we chose the Vineyards for our wedding. Jimmy and Soroor were so helpful in the entire process and the staff is so friendly and fun! It is a beautiful venue but more importantly, everyone there treats you like family which is very important.

Sent on 08/09/2011
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 06/25/2011

The team here was awesome, they bent over backwards to help us have a beautiful day!!! Soroor even helped me with my bustul. And James made sure we had everything we needed. They truly treated us like family and treated my family and guest like that as well. I love them and they will always be in my life as part of my big day. Thank you guys!!
    Amy and Shaun Kibble!!

Sent on 10/01/2011
  • mari

mari · Married on 05/29/2011

Soroor, Jimmy and the staff at the Vineyards made our day incredibly special. I could not thank them enough for all their expert...well "everything". They made everything so easy for us since day 1. I will forever be in debt for all the great memories they gave my husband and I. If your looking for a place that will make everything beautiful and easy this is the place! i love the vineyards!

Sent on 06/11/2011

Randy · Married on 05/22/2011

I would not have wanted to make a wedding without the help of Soroor and Jimmy Campbell! My (new) daughter-in-law and I visited a number of venues before deciding to make her and my son's wedding there. Now I can truly say that it was everthing we hoped it would be. Many of the venues had a lot of rules and restrictions about what you could and could not do. Soroor and Jimmy were flexible and worked with us to make the wedding just what the bride and groom wanted. We got the Sunday package, so all of the vendors were recommended by Soroor and Jimmy, and they were all great! The place was beautiful and the food was great. And they really made it so easy. Thanks so much.

Sent on 05/25/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 05/14/2011

Food was great, people where so nice, as we got ready they brought us food, drinks, music, you name it!! I dropped everything off the night of my rehersal and they set it all up. They said you are not to worry on your wedding day. Really just a beautiful place. Doesn't need much decor..LOVED IT!! LOVED THEM! Perfect Wedding I had because of them and my DJ.

Sent on 05/16/2011

Jeanne · Married on 04/10/2011

They get a perfect score, maybe even 110%! We did the Sunday package and you would never know it was a wedding on a budget! It was absolutely beautiful! They and all the vendors they selected for us were so wonderful and made making arrangements for our daughter from Florida so easy. The location is so inviting, beautiful and so comfortable for everyone who came. The food was wonderful, the service was beyond great. When the bride left her luggage out on the front, the wonderful assistant drove it to her hotel in Woodland Hills at midnite!! Our guests keep texting us to tell us what a wonderful wedding and we owe so much of that to Soroor, Jim and Jimmy. We chose this venue because of a referral from a bride who had just gotten married there 6 months earlier and had told us how wonderful and accommodating this family was to work with. They were absolutely awesome. We can't wait until one of our friends get's married there so we can enjoy it again.. I can not recommend The Vineyard more highly.

Sent on 04/13/2011

Maggie · Married on 04/03/2011

I recently got married at the Vineyards and received many compliments. The place is beautiful and the customer service is excellent. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Vineyards. Jimmy, Soroor and their staff are remarkable and please to work with. Jimmy is prompt at responding and such an easy guy to work with. And Soroor is an amazing coordinator. She got everything done for me the way I wanted. My wedding was perfect! Thanks Jimmy & Soroor!

Sent on 04/26/2011

Danielle · Married on 01/01/2011

There are not enough wonderful things I can say that capture my and my husband's love and gratitude for Jimmy and Soroor at the Vineyards. The location itself is beautiful--the pictures on their website are great. But it's a must-see in person. And, when you arrive, you are warmly greeted by Jimmy and Soroor, whom you will feel are family by the end of your event.

We looked at many other locations, from super affordable to super costly. But once we stepped foot inside the Vineyards, the others could not compare. Pocket-wise, the prices can't be beat. Between the Quality of Service you receive and all the details that are included, they are worth every penny and more.

On top of being extremely accommodating (i.e. letting us bring our own alcohol which their bartenders served and working with various meal options/allergies/dietary restrictions), their experience and genuine care for our wedding left us completely comfortable putting all of our trust in our wedding. I'm a very type A businesswoman who had many questions and many details, especially as I planned the wedding without an outside coordinator. And every time I'd talk to Jimmy or Soroor, I would feel relaxed and know that they were on top of everything and that they personally wanted to ensure that the wedding went perfectly. Soroor is an amazing day-of coordinator. Ladies, you do not need to spend extra money on a coordinator. She will work with your vendors and make sure your vision becomes a reality. Most importantly she will be honest with you if a part of your vision is not feasible or if something's just not a good idea.

The morning of the wedding, I and my bridesmaids got ready at the location, where Jimmy provided us with coffee and offered us beverages and light snacks to keep our energy levels up. After the ceremony, Soroor made sure that my husband and I actually got to eat some appetizers by brining us our own tray while we spent a few minutes alone n the Sunset View Room. And I actually got to eat my delicious meal at the reception! (By the way, the food tasting is incredible. You are served actual portions of each meal. We ended up taking a large tray of leftovers home which we thorougly enjoyed!!)

Finally, our wedding was perfect! My husband and I have not stopped receiving rave revues from the amazing location to the phenomenal appetizers and dinner to the timely service and to just how beautiful everything was. And if there were any hiccups, neither I nor anyone noticed anything--which is key.

I cannot encourage anyone enough to have their event here. In fact, I'm now planning one of my bridesmaid's Baby Shower which will be here in a few weeks! :)

Sent on 01/18/2011
  • gina

gina · Married on 11/06/2010

I honestly cant thank you both enough Jimmy & Soroor for everything. I know we joked that I was overly organized and particular that I would worry and want to control but after meeting You Soroor for the first time and relaizing how much alike we are and I realized that you would really be handeling every deatail of my day I knew I had Nothing to worry about at all & you eliminated so many fears & nerves... You guys made my wedding the most beautiful day for me & my family... My family and friends are still talking about it. My parents couldn't have been happier & more pleased.. You helped me from the first walk through a year ago up until every detail the day of! You replied to every email every phone call every question I had that I probably asked you twice!! I don't know where to start or if I can Thank you for every detail. Where do I start. The week of my wedding allowing me to bring you everything 4 days prior was such a little detail but so appreciated by a bride like myself.. You set up the head table, place card table, favors, the cake table, the cocktail hour just perfect & gorgeous! you set up everything, the day of I had nothing to worry about knowing it was in your hands.My florist loved working with you both and complimented you greatly. My photographer also has worked with you before and couldn't say more about the both of you. While we took our pictures not just your staff but the both of you were out there bring appetizers and drinks and asking what we need. your staff was amazing and so helpful. Jimmy bringing us in the golf cart for pictures and Soroor helping with pictures in the room, it was so helpful. The reception was gorgeous and everyone was amazed by the room and the lights and the just the entire set up. The buffet was amazing. we were nervous because many wedding have had horrible food that we have attended. The buffet was set up absolutely gorgeous and never ran low it was constantly being filled. The staff helped walked with myself & Carlos and even made our plates. The chicken was the best we have ever had. All night I heard different people commenting about the salad or Tri-tip or how delicious it was. My parents were so proud to have such a gorgeous wedding for me and having all the guests compliment them all night. You both were there in the room the entire night. asking guests what they need bringing my bridal party and parents drinks and just over seeing every detail! I cant thank you enough. It is one thing to have a beautiful venue as the Vineyards but to have the kindness and dedication to each wedding that the both of you have is what makes a place beautiful and what is important.. My wedding was perfect and had not one thing that I would do differently and I owe it to the both of you.

Sent on 12/08/2010

angela · Married on 10/31/2010

I First off have to say that Soroor is the best! Anybody getting this venue is so lucky to work with her and the whole team! They made my wedding day PERFECT and I mean PERFECT, not one glitch! Everything was gorgeous and anything I needed or wanted, i had! They really are the easiest and sweetest people to work with! When I started looking for wedding venues, I was on a budget, and i found nothing in my budget! I was really frustrated, then i happened to come across The Vineyards, once I saw the place, I didn't care how much it was, I just wanted it soo bad! Turned out, it was the least expensive place by far! They dont charge you all these hiddeen fees, and sites fees, etc. They were soo accommodating with all my needs and wants and never had an issue with one thing! They took my vision and made it perfect! The Vineyards is so gorgeous as well! You wouldn't think that something is Simi Valley could be that beautiful, but it really is. They have such greenery and i absolutely loved the waterfalls! Our reception room had more of a club feel to it, and that was exactly what i was going for! Really, everything was PERFECT! The food was amazing, I mean yummmmmmy! I scarffed it down and had seconds! If you want a perfect wedding, I recommend having it at here! There really was not one thing i could say bad about this place, not even one thing they could improve on! They say your wedding day is suppose to be the best day of your life, and thanks to The Vineyards and everyone involved, it was the BEST and most PERFECT day of my life!!!

Sent on 11/16/2010

Dawn · Married on 10/24/2010

I cannot rave highly enough about this wedding planning power-pair Jimmy and Soroor. My wedding reception was spectacular, the food divine, and they put great energy and thought into adapting their grounds to our own personal vision of our perfect wedding. There is nothing generic, no corners cut, and they really, truly care.

The only thing they couldn't do is stop the rain from pouring on our outdoor wedding reception. But when the skies opened up just as guests were arriving, Jimmy and Soroor and their efficient and professional team performed a miracle, and transformed our outdoor event to a lovely indoor ballroom event. They did it seamlessly, graciously, (best of all) dryly!

Jimmy will make the process of planning a wedding great fun and low-stress, and Soroor will make it elegant and get every detail right. A match made in heaven, as far as I'm concerned.

Sent on 03/03/2011
  • countryfan46

Lauren · Married on 10/23/2010

Soroor and the entire crew at the Vineyards were AMAZING throughout all of our planning! We had an AMAZING night and our guests are still commenting on what a great party it was! I even heard one guest say it was the BEST wedding meal they have ever had, and I have to agree! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 10/31/2010

Rishona · Married on 10/03/2010

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect!!! Jimmy and Soroor are so wonderful and were so patient with us. The venue is stunning. We used the garden for portraits, the rock wall for our ceremony, the Mountain View room for cocktail hour, and the Grand View room for the reception. In addition, the sunset room was a perfect location for me, the bride, to get ready.
    From the time I arrived Soroor's staff was waiting on me hand and foot. The whole event went so smoothly and our family and friends couldn't stop talking about the venue, the food, and the wonderful staff.
    In addition, all of our vendors were recommended by Soroor and they were all amazing.
    DJ: 11H Entertainment (Jason)
    Florist: Unique Floral Designs
    Photographer: Weddings by Liz and Mia
    Cake: Portos

This was all part of the "Sunday" package which I also highly recommend. We set our wedding date 3 months before the event and I wasn't sure if I/we could pull it off. Soroor made it so easy!!

Thank you!!

Sent on 12/05/2010

MELISSA · Married on 10/02/2010

I cannot say enough great things about The Vineyards! We are so fortunate that they still had our date available when we first met with them. Your venue is probably the biggest decision through your wedding planning process and if you book with The Vineyards, trust me, the rest of your planning will be that much easier!

Soroor, Jimmy, and their entire staff are THE most professional, caring, and attentive people. From the moment you meet them until after the wedding! They take you in like family and give you the personal attention you want. Soroor has been in the wedding industry for a very long time and with that comes A LOT of experience and connections. If you want something, I am most certain you can get it through her and if not, she will know someone that can make it happen!

First of all, the property is breathtaking and the decor is lovely. I didn't have to do much with decorations because they pretty much had it the way we liked it. This saved money and was hassle-free.

I was so pleased with how detailed the staff was on our wedding day. I don't drink alcohol and every single waiter/waitress remembered and would refill my champagne glass with ginger ale (and whisper to me to let me know which glass was ginger ale) before each toast. HOW MUCH MORE PERSONAL CAN YOU GET?! That is awesome! They constantly checked up on me and made sure I ate/snacked/drank fluids.

I can't recommend The Vineyards enough. You definitely get your money's worth. The service is impeccable and 5.0s is just not high enough.

Thank you to Soroor, Jimmy, and their staff for being so professional yet making us feel like family all at the same time! I need to find another reason to have them host another event for us! ;)

Sent on 10/18/2010