The Vineyards Reviews

170 Reviews for The Vineyards

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

170 The Vineyards Reviews

Danielle Ruggieri · Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutely amazing wedding venue!

This place is absolutely amazing and I would highly recommend this venue for any wedding! They made my dreams come true for my wedding and I couldn’t think of a better place than here. Soroor and Jimmy are amazing and they were there every step of the way! Beautiful venue and best place for a wedding!

• Amy

Amy Bartlett · Married on 09/29/2018

Wedding Venue

I can’t say enough but about this venue and the owners. I had been to a wedding here years ago so when tasked with finding the perfect SoCal wedding venue from a different state I immediately remembered that wedding and how great it was. Planning a wedding from another state (and with my family in a third state) could have been daunting but with their vendor-inclusive package everything was super manageable. There’s a non-vendor package available, too. James and Soroor really care about making your day perfect. One little thing that stood out- on rehearsal night they had a themed bar night and I commented on how much I love the balloons, especially the Captain America one. Well, sure as can be I found it tied to the champagne bucket in the bridal suite on wedding day. The day-of coordinator was super helpful, kind, and positive. As for the venue itself, I had to add very little in terms of decor- it’s a beautiful venue with perfect outdoor grounds for photos. Everyone loved the food (we did the buffet which was really convenient). This venue checks every box in my book and I can’t remember recommend it enough!

SULMA · Married on 08/12/2018

beautiful and amazing place 5 stars ,I recommend this Venue for your next celebration ,its a magical place .mother of the groom

Jennifer · Married on 08/11/2018

Best Venue Ever!!!!

My husband and I could not have picked a better place to get married. When we walked in to see it for the first time, I knew that was where I wanted to get married. From the beginning of the process, both Soroor and Jimmy were extremely hands on, alerting us of things that hadnt even crossed our minds (money dance, rehearsal dinner, etc.) We booked about 15 months in advance and each month, one of them checked in with us to make sure we remained on track with planning and were not getting overwhelmed.
    On the day of the wedding, 8/11/18, we arrived to the most beautifully set up venue I could have ever imagined. My bridesmaid commented about how well I did with everything, but I had only planned out less than half of the things there, the staff at The Vineyards did EVERYTHING. We paid for a candy bar and they provided the most extravagant candy bar with a beautiful sign about love and candy. They also threw in donuts at our candy station (:
    Their day of wedding coordinator, Erin, was probably one of the best parts about The Vineyards! I dont remember talking to any of the vendors on the day of our wedding, Erin took care of everything. She checked in on us often and made sure we had cocktails from the moment we walked in to the moment the wedding was over. If there were any issues with a vendor, or guest, Erin took care of it because we didnt hear anything go wrong the whole night! She was super kind to my crazy family and made all of the guests feel extremely welcomed. I wish that I could have a thousand more weddings just to experience Jimmy, Soroor and Erin again.
    They made our dreams come true!

Jackie · Married on 07/07/2018

I have never worked with better people than Jimmy and Soroor. From the moment we began communicating about our wedding, they were so caring, kind, flexible, and eager to make our day as special and beautiful as possible. We spoke on the phone and emailed on a regular basis leading up to our wedding and they made sure everything was prepared and organized for us. The day of the wedding couldn't have been more organized and professional; The Vineyards' staff checked on us the entire time to make sure we had everything we needed, arranged our rooms beautifully, and made us as comfortable as one could be. The place is magical; romantic, lush gardens, elegant, stunning furniture and decor, and overall a unique setting. Our wedding was everything we wanted and more and I strongly recommend working with this lovely couple who I promise you will make your day as amazing as mine was. I can't stop looking at photos and sharing my experience at The Vineyards with family and friends! Just spectacular. Thank you so much for everything.

Jackie

The Vineyards 8
    The Vineyards 9
    The Vineyards 10

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2018

I can not say enough positive things about The Vineyards, they definitely deserve their high ratings. I knew they were working with a lot of Brides and Grooms at the same time, but they still made us feel so special and cared for. There were other venues we visited where it just seemed like a business, but The Vineyards makes you feel like family. My Dad met Jimmy (co-owner) at a Bridal Show, he answered all of my Dad's questions and got him excited about the venue. We then got invited to an open house, I strongly recommend attending one of these if you can. They set it up for a wedding, so you can really feel what your wedding will be like and you get to try some of the appetizers. I visited the venue one more time with my fiance before booking, they were really patient with us and understand choosing the venue is a big decision. When we were ready to book we met with Sooror (co-owner), she is so knowledgeable and professional. Since my fiance and I are from Nor Cal, we decided to book the package so we didn't need to worry about finding all the vendors. As the details started to come together, Soroor put together an event order which included the timeline and any additional notes her staff needed to know for our wedding. This was a great way for us to collaborate and ensure that we had the same vision for the weeding day. Soroor also created a room outline, so we knew where everything would be. My parents and I really appreciated that Soroor worked with us to implement our ideas and if something would not work, she explained why we couldn't do it. Soroor ran a great rehearsal and made sure we all felt comfortable. The wedding could not have gone better, they really made sure that we were taken care of the whole day. Our guests had a wonderful time and loved the food. The Vineyards really made the whole wedding process less stressful for my fiance and I. I strongly recommend you have your wedding The Vineyards.

• Y

Yelena · Married on 04/28/2018

I had my fairytale wedding here almost a month ago! From the moment I saw the venue and met with Jimmy I knew this would be the one we chose. I must have seen at least 10 venues before and non compared to this one. It is the perfect mix of indoor and outdoor and I love the layout of the entire venue with cocktail hour perfectly transitioning to the ceremony area and then the reception. Jimmy and Soroor went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect for us. They were more than accommodating and responded to all questions and concerns instantly! From the food tasting to the rehearsal everything was done to make sure our wedding was a success. The food was beyond delicious and we received compliments from all of our guests for weeks to come. Thank you to Jimmy and Soroor for their patience and hard work leading up to the wedding and the day off. We couldn’t be happier or more grateful!

The Vineyards 11
    The Vineyards 12

Monserrat · Married on 04/13/2018

Most amazing experience! Mixed emotions when our big day came, we were excited but sad that our journey with Soroor and Jimmy would come to an end after this. Their attention to detail and their hospitality is more then we could ever imagine. The venue is gorgeous and you get the entire place to yourself the day of so there’s no wedding crashers or awkward second party going on. We chose to get married in their garden and MUST see. On our day beginning of May it rained and they did not let us down! Umbrellas were passed out staff was ready and running around to make sure seats were dry and ready for guest to sit. Soroor has been around this enough times to have a back up plan to her back up plan. I can honestly say as the bride I had zero stress even with the last minute drizzle. Our entire night went off without a hitch! All in all most incredible experience for myself and my now husband! We plan to host another party there in the future. Guest are still talking about the food!

Heather · Married on 10/29/2017

We just had our wedding last night and it was so incredible that I'm compelled to write a review on it already!

From the first moment I visited The Vineyards and met Soroor, I was in love at first sight! That's how I knew that the Vineyards would be the perfect place to marry the love of my life, and that Soroor would fully take care of us. Shortly after meeting Soroor, I met Jimmy, who was equally as lovely. The two of them being pretty much the nicest people on earth was a huge selling point for me. What's more important to have on "the best day of your life" then incredibly nice and caring venue owners by your side?

I work a full time job that keeps me very busy physically, mentally, and emotionally, and the fact that the Vineyards is "all-inclusive" literally was the best thing ever for me. Yes, I still met with all the vendors to talk about preferences and such, but it took away so much work to not have to interview vendors. I trusted that Soroor and Jimmy would only hire the most top-notch vendors and I was not wrong! From start to finish, Maria (of Maria's Flowers), DJ Kryp2nite, Liz and Mia (of Weddings by Liz and Mia-- photography) were kind, professional, knowledgable, helpful and very caring. They listened to what my fiancé and I wanted for our wedding and provided us with exactly what we asked for.

Last, but certainly not least, I will speak to the venue itself. I am very picky about environments, and I especially love natural settings. This place is STUNNING. It had everything I was looking for (natural scenery outside, draped fabric, twinkle lights inside) and then some. Every nook of this venue is well tended to, cared for and has so much intention in it. The outside is lush and like a fairy land, and the inside is classy and tastefully decorated.

As stated above, our wedding was just last night and I'm actually sad that I don't get to go back to the Vineyards every month or so to organize things for the wedding.

Chelsea · Married on 09/16/2017

The Vineyards is the most amazing wedding venue with the most caring staff. After looking at ALL of the wedding venues in LA we went to The Vineyards and knew it was the one. They have decorated the place so beautifully that you won't need to do anything other than small touches to personalize the place. The food was spectacular and cooked to perfection. The all inclusive package is a no brainier amazing deal and was truly a lifesaver for us since we don't live in LA. Soroor and Jimmy who run the venue are the most caring and loving people we have met and their staff is just as spectacular. They will do anything to make sure you have the perfect day with nothing to worry about. If you're looking for a special events venue look no further because this is THE ONE!

The Vineyards 13
    The Vineyards 14
    The Vineyards 15

Teri · Married on 09/03/2017

I cannot say enough good things about our experience at The Vineyards. The owners, Jimmy and Soroor, really made us feel welcome and like part of the family. The venue is gorgeous, well maintained and doesn't require a lot of decoration which is nice if you're on a budget. There are two options for where you can get married - in a lovely garden or in front of the water wall. We chose the water wall because of the time of day we got married. They have an outdoor patio and an indoor cocktail area that resembles an LA lounge. The reception area is small but exquisite and they have a real dance floor, which was one of our "non-negotiables". The service both before and on the day of the wedding was exceptional and there was always someone near - either Soroor, Deana (the coordinator) or a server - to take care of us. Jimmy and Soroor are also super flexible and will do anything they can to make sure your needs and wants are met. For example, we wanted to do pizookies (a giant cookie with ice cream) instead of a cake and they made it happen, which was one of the highlights of the evening. My husband and I were smitten with the place the first time we saw it and we couldn't imagine having a more beautiful wedding day.

• O

Oren · Married on 09/02/2017

The Vineyards in Simi Valley was the venue we chose for our wedding and we could not be happier. They went above and beyond to ensure our utmost satisfaction and we would recommend them to anyone thinking about choosing them for their wedding.

celia · Married on 08/06/2017

We highly recommend having your wedding at "The Vineyards" in Simi Valley. Jimmy and Sorour of The Vineyards were excellent help from the first step in our wedding planning all the way through the end of the wedding night on August 6, 2017, when our daughter Lisa married Alex. Our friends most common remark was "It was a Fairy Tale wedding!" It truly was. We had no idea what was going on behind the scenes, and neither did our guests. All we saw was a beautifully orchestrated ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner reception with non stop fun and excitement. What a night! From the lower level garden ceremony with waterfalls, beautiful stone steps to the canopy area; the lush gardens. Wow! Any time we contacted either Jimmy or Sorour, the venue proprietors, their response was immediate and to our liking. No complaints. Only good reviews for this venue and its proprietors. Highly recommended for anyone wishing the same for their wedding or their children's wedding.

• Kylea

Kylea · Married on 07/08/2017

The Vineyards was a great decision on my venue! Everyone loved the food and the owners are so amazing and nice!

Jeannette · Married on 07/03/2017

wow, what can I say? Soroor and Jimmy were a pleasure to work with from the beginning to the end. They exceeded my expectations by far. Everything was organized, made me feel like a part of The Vineyards family and were super accommodating. They are some of the nicest and patient people I've met. They made the process so smooth. The day of the wedding coordinator Gina was completely on top of everything and kept us going (also bringing me so much food during cocktail hour before the ceremony hehe) according to plan. I felt like we were in good hands and I never felt worried that things weren't going to go as planned. Soroor helped me develop the timeline of events and worked so well with our vendors. The food is also amazing! We've had so many compliments from guests saying that our wedding has been one of if not the best wedding they've ever been to. A perk is that this venue is so beautifully decorated that honestly you don't need to go all out on decor.

Geneva · Married on 05/20/2017

The Vineyards is the best venue ever for a Bat Mitzvah!

Jennifer · Married on 04/28/2017

We just had our wedding on April 28th and it was AMAZING! The whole wedding was perfect, everything ran so smoothly and I felt so relaxed considering it was suppose to be the most stressful day of my life. I have been hearing from our guests how beautiful the venue was, how the food was so delicious and how organized everything was. This place made my wedding the most incredible wedding anyone could of done. Soroor, Jimmy and their whole staff were so accommodating to me, there were many times I went to the venue to try out different design ideas, walk thru with my florist, photographer and videographer or just go to get more inspirational ideas for the wedding. Every time I went there they were always so sweet and made sure if I had any questions they would be there to answer. The day of the wedding I was freaking out a little because of all the emotions and we were running a little late (due to my makeup artist I hired separately) and Soroor was there to help me clam down and just let me know everything was gonna be ok. She was on top of everything that day, when we found out we were gonna be late she made sure the cooks knew and that the food we still be fresh when served. I remember when we did a walk through thru with my videographer and photographer they said this venue reminded them of something they would see in Beverly Hills. All I have to say is if your getting married, having a birthday party, or any type of celebration go the Vineyards, you will be amazed at how beautiful this place is and how hands on the owners are. I promise you will not regret seeing this hidden gem in Simi Valley.

Danielle · Married on 03/11/2017

My experience at the Vineyards has been 5 stars from beginning to end and I cannot provide them with enough praise for making our wedding day amazing in all aspects. It was really easy to fall in love with the space. It's beautiful and spacious and well-decorated.

Throughout the many months of planning, corresponding with the staff at the Vineyards was easy and they are so accommodating and professional. Many thanks to Soroor, Shadi, Jimmy, and Angel for always being extremely kind, welcoming, and helpful to us.

Gina was our day-of coordinator. She did a great job. She stayed a step ahead of the program the whole night and made everything flow well. When it was time for the bouquet toss, my toss bouquet was already at the dance floor. It's a lot of little details like this that she handled like a pro and made the night worry free.

We got a lot of compliments about the venue from our friends and family. Out of all the wedding planning decisions we made, choosing the Vineyards was the best one we made and I'm so happy to truly be a part of the family!

Kelsi · Married on 02/10/2017

The Vineyards was everything I dreamed it would be and more. Everything was organized, beautiful, and seamless. Due to unfortunate weather, we had to move from our garden ceremony to an indoor ceremony, but it couldn't have been more perfect. The room was transformed beautifully and felt like it was meant to be all along. The owners, Soroor and Jimmy, made everything a breeze. They were attentive and always responded quickly to any questions we had. Given we had to plan our entire wedding from across the country, you would imagine it would be difficult, but we never seemed to notice. I would absolutely recommend The Vineyards for your special day. We couldn't have been happier with the end result.

Gabrielle · Married on 10/16/2016

Not one problem came up that they didn't have a solution for. I felt like my wedding was personal for them too. This place is the full package and I am so happy we chose The Vineyards for our wedding. It was perfect!!

Denise · Married on 09/25/2016

Wow! I really don't know where to begin to rave about this venue. We just got married sunday and this was one of my top priorities to tell everyone how much this venue is THE BEST EVER!

From the moment I met Jimmy and some of his staff from The Vineyards at a Bridal Show I was impressed with how easy it was to talk to them. I told my fiancé I wanted to see the venue and had a great feeling about it. I was so excited to see it and be blown away. Well, the moment we walked in we were. My fiancé and I not only loved the scenery, inside and out, but mainly we loved Soroor and Jimmy. Soroor's mom, daughter, and son (also our photographer) were some of the nicest people we'd ever met. It wasn't that fake business "we want your money" talk either. It was genuine, sincere, and caring.

Our wedding was on a Sunday and I can't express enough how easy and simple the ALL INCLUSIVE package was. I have friends so jealous that are planning their weddings currently and WISHED they could have found a deal like ours. It seriously made the biggest difference in my book. You might think "well what if I don't like the DJ, Florist, photographer, baker, etc," but rest assured they only pick the best of the best!

Our engagement was 9 months but I was done planning everything within a month (of course with lots of emails to Soroor!) Speaking of E-mails, Soroor is the MASTER of replying back within 30min- 1 hour max! That was another sign that I knew we picked a great venue because communication is key!

Their food tasting was so fun! Every single item we ate was delicious and very hard for us to pick our three choices for our guests. We had so many compliments on dinner last night, especially the steak. My parents are already planning to attend their weekly Thursday Lounge dinner nights. (We are coming back too!)

Bottom line, our wedding was PERFECT. And I don't throw that word around because nothing in life is perfect meaning there are no flaws. we love you all!

Nivia · Married on 09/24/2016

I only give it 5 starts because there are no more stars to give...

We had our wedding at the Vineyards on October 14th 2016 and it was the Fairy Tale Wedding anyone can dream of. The Vineyards was the 18th Wedding Venue I had looked at, by the end of our tour we were signing the contract. Jimmy, Soroor and their Staff/Family made our wedding memorable. From the moment we met them until the day of the wedding their professionalism and family like ways towards us was nothing but dreamlike. We went with the full package including Photography, Cake, DJ, Flowers, it was the best decision we made.

Soroor was on top of everything and catered to our every need and requests. Our guest continue to talk about our wedding as if it just happened, they have said it was one of the best weddings they attended and a few of them are planning to renew their vows and others want to have their Anniversary celebration there. They also can't stop talking about the food and the music.

I had looked at other more expensive venues then the Vineyards where the friendliness and professionalism and attention cannot compare to what the Vineyards provided for us. The Ceremony Site was absolutely beautiful and the Reception decor was everything I imagined it would be. I cannot express enough gratitude to Soroor, Jimmy and Staff/Family for making my wedding the Perfect Day in my life.

Thank you to my new friends for making my Dream Come True!

Chris and Jordan · Married on 07/29/2016

We cannot say enough great things about the Vineyards and their staff.

From start to finish, James and Soroor were fantastic helping us put on an absolutely perfect wedding!

James and Soroor were so flexible with us when we had an emergency with a family member that was completely out of our control. James and Soroor at the Vineyards made the stressful wedding planning process easy. We really could not have asked for more.

We received so many complements from our guests, many of them wishing they would have gotten married at The Vineyards! The food was delicious, the drinks were outstanding, the service was impeccable, and the venue was gorgeous. In a word, the event was perfect.

We recommend the Vineyards to anyone looking to put on an event.

Laura · Married on 07/23/2016

This venue is perfection! From the food, to the owners, I couldn't have had a better experience. I highly recommend this place!