The Vineyards of Waverly Manor Reviews

23 | Huntsville, TX

23 Reviews for The Vineyards of Waverly Manor

Our wedding on August 8, 2015 was absolutely perfect. Mary and her team were amazing and everything went and looked even better than we hoped for. The venue was gorgeous and all of our guests loved both the ceremony location and the reception hall. We had basically an all-inclusive package that included the food, wedding cake, linens, flowers for tables and decorations and more. The value was unmatched by any other venue and the BBQ dinner was great! The brides quarters and grooms quarters are the best we had ever seen, especially compared to any venue we looked at prior to choosing Waverly Manor. The service provided by Mary was outstanding. She was so helpful, always remained calm and no request we made was a problem. Even at crunch time she keeps calm and never lets the bride or anyone worry about anything. We could not be happier.

Sent on 08/17/2015

Annette · Married on 05/10/2014

This was the perfect wedding venue! I was extremely nervous and the staff was on top of their jobs! They handled everything to the detail and it was exactly how I pictured it! I gave them my colors and what ideas I had and she provided me with several choices to choose from. We had our ceremony by the gazebo and it was wonderful. My family and friends thought it was absolutely beautiful. My guests were small in number but I felt that she made them feel like we were at a huge and fancy wedding. It was perfect in every way! Mandi the hair stylist was amazing and did an amazing job with the whole wedding party. This was my fairytale wedding!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Jessica · Married on 03/08/2014

Mary and the rest of the staff at the Vineyards of Waverly Manor really made my wedding day a once in a lifetime. They set up everything for me, kept me on track, and the best thing of all, made everything look the way I wanted and more. My parents were so incredibly happy, as was I and my husband. I was truly blessed to have had Waverly Manor help me on my wedding day. There were already vendors set up through the venue so I wasn't doing a lot of extra work. The cake, food, and dj were already set up through the venue and they were the best of the best. Do yourself a favor....pick The Vineyards of Waverly Manor for your day. They were beyond excellent. There aren't enough stars to rate them accurately.

Sent on 03/30/2014

Deshannon · Married on 09/28/2013

If you are looking for that dream wedding, then this is definitely the place to have it. I just had a wedding here and it was breathtaking. Great food, great people, great atmosphere. Everything was just perfect. If i can do it all over again, i wouldn't change a thing. I love you guys.

Sent on 09/30/2013

Please get married here! If you are in the Houston area and are looking for a place, this is the best venue! The quality of service, the attention to detail, the magical grounds, the food, the music, the decor. No detail gets over looked! Anything that you want for your wedding can be customized. Mary will make sure your wedding is just how you want it! She is very warm, and has a knack for putting people at ease (I was a nervous wreck the day of!). She makes things happen! While you are free to use your own vendors, she has her own list of vendors that she works with. They are very good at working together to make things perfect. My hair, makeup, dj, food, you name it, was amazing! I had a candy bar, and a fireworks display! She offers pretty much any add on you could possibly want for your day. My friends and family cannot get over how much fun, and how great this wedding was. The website doesn't showcase how wonderful the venue is! If you would like to see photos from our day, let me know.

Sent on 10/31/2012

Beautiful outdoor venue complete with small lake with fountain, gazebo and gorgeous reception halls with silk on the walls and gorgeous chandeliers. AMAZING! Always calm-even with a thunderstorm delaying the ceremony, she had an alternative plan just in case. Creative ideas, beautiful venue, organized to details...fabulous property. Could not have been more pleased...Thank you Mary!

Sent on 06/27/2012
  • Yohanna

Yohanna · Married on 05/25/2012

I cannot even begin to explain how I feel about Mary and the whole Waverly Manor team. From the moment my now husband and I walked into the house we fell in love. The place looks like taken out of a movie, spectacular. We knew right there that no other place will feel like this one. It felt like home. Through out the process of organizing the wedding, the people of Waverly Manor were open and attentive for my questions and concerns; and always available for advice. My husband and I are very busy all the time. The fact that with Waverly Manor we did not have to worry about renting tables, linens, finding catering, and hiring a wedding coordinator was great. All their recommended vendors are really great too, we used their florist and their bakery. The day of the rehearsal Mary was amazing working with our family and friends even when some of them did not speak a lot of English. The decoration and setting were incredible, it felt like us completely. Throughout our wedding day Mary and her team ran around to make sure everything would run smoothly and exactly the way I wanted. Everyone was on top of everything. Mary and Dolores made sure my husband and I had dinner, and drinks. Everyone that as ever married knows how difficult is to do that during your own wedding. They also made sure the wedding party had food while getting ready. I won't ever forget my wedding day because everyone at Waverly Manor helped make my dreams come true. We are forever grateful with Waverly Manor.

Sent on 06/16/2012

Miranda · Married on 04/15/2012

Mary and her staff at The Vineyards of Waverly Manor are an awesome team! Mary was like having my own wedding planner she was extremely helpful every step of the way. When the wedding day came the reception hall was beautiful and looked even better than I had visioned. Plus using this wedding venue was so stress free! Mary has several vendors that she also recommends and I loved every single one of them! I had an appointment with each one of them and it all turned out beautiful. I just had to show up and they did the rest. They did my hair, makeup, photography, floral arrangements, cake, food, DJ, set up, clean up, kept me where I needed to be, made sure all the guests were happy...the list could go on and on. Basically, The Vineyards of Waverly Manor was fantastic and all the guests kept asking me where I had found this hidden gem. I would recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 05/25/2012

Rina · Married on 12/03/2011

If you are looking for a stress free, magnificent view and drop dead gorgeous venue- look no further! This place is amazing. From the moment you walk in the front door you will feel like a princess!!! Mary is amazing! Everything was beyong my expectations!!! Her staff is very professional and everyone will go out of their way to make your dream wedding come true......
    The comments from the guests were "the most amazing place on earth", "This is beautiful" , and the best one, "where did you find this place?"
    Mary- you are the most kind, compationate and amazing person..... you made all of my dreams come true, and I can not thank you enough. I will always remember Waverly Manor!!!
    Thank you , Thank you !
    Rina and Chris

Sent on 12/27/2011
  • vanessa

vanessa · Married on 07/03/2011

My husband and I got married at Vineyards of Waverly Manor July 3, 2011. This venue was the FIRST and LAST place we looked!! As soon as we met with Mary, we KNEW this was the place we wanted to get married! Mary works sooo hard to make your day special! She is very sweet and accommodating and her staff is great too! The place is beautiful!!!
    To be honest, after our reception, I turned around and starting crying, it was sooo beautiful I didn't want to leave!!! I also told Mary on more than one occasion that I would miss her from the bottom of my heart; she works soo hard and does such a wonderful job making the bride and everyone involved feel at ease and relaxed!!!
    This is the BEST wedding venue in Texas, if you don't get married here, you're crazy!!! God bless you Mary and may your beautiful venue have many many many more weddings to come! Cheers! Vanessa & Andrew

Sent on 07/19/2011

Ginnie · Married on 05/28/2011

My daughter had her wedding here last Sat. May 28,2011. Mary made her dreams come true as well as me, her mom. Everything was spectacular!!!!. I was so amazed at how wonderfull the whole thing went. It was so smooth, beautiful, and words can not describe the beauty of the place. Mary and her staff are awesome, she will make it the most unforgettable day. For any of you mothers looking for a dream come true wedding for your daughter; then I highly recommend you have a wedding there. Everything was perfect!!!

Sent on 05/31/2011

Barbara · Married on 05/07/2011

If the bride and brides mother want a stress free wedding, this is the place to go. Mary and her staff are there for you 150%. Mary always answers your calls, and handles any matters you may have. The food was fantastic and the hall was decorated beautifully. I could go on and on, but I do want to thank Mary and her wonderful staff for the wonderful party.

Sent on 06/10/2011
  • Isel

Isel · Married on 04/23/2011

We would like to thank Mary and all of the staff at the Vineyards of Waverly Manor. Thanks to all of them our special day was more than wonderful.

My new husband and I fell in love with this amazing venue the first time we went to see it and Mary was more than helpful during the planning. Barbara was also wonderful, she did an excellent job with all the bouquets, boutonniere and center pieces. We highly recommend them for you future wedding or special event.

Sent on 06/14/2011

Julie · Married on 04/02/2011

The best wedding ever! Mary and her staff made everything so perfect. I cant imagine anything better. The room for the ladies to dress is so elegant and relaxing. Mary took care of all the details and running around while we stayed behind the closed door to dress with very few interruptions. The room for the guys to dress is a man cave. Pool table, foosball, TV. perfect for the nervous men.The area for the ceremony is beautiful. The long walk to the gazebo lends a magical air. We gave Mary free reign to choose the decor. We just gave her the colors and it was perfect. All the decor matched the wedding party perfectly and was so creative and beautiful. The food, Fajitas, nacho bar, was the best ever. The DJ was wonderful. He noticed all the details. The cake was incredibly delicious. Not one person left the reception without telling me what a beautiful place it was and how great the wedding and reception were. Thank you Mary. Its a memory of a lifetime. Julie Tarbutton .

Sent on 06/09/2011

Michelle · Married on 04/24/2010

Mary and Vineyards of Waverly Manor exceeded my expectations! The grounds were lovely, the staff courteous and attentive. Mary takes care of EVERYTHING from the decorations/centerpieces to acting as day of coordinator. I could not have been more pleased with how everything went. Mary also recommended to me an officiant, her son. I highly recommend Waverly Manor to any couple looking to get married around the Houston area!!

Sent on 06/24/2010

Dee · Married on 12/19/2009

This is a wonderful venue for a wedding reception. Mary is a delight to work with and has unique ideas to personalize your particular event. The structure of the reception flowed smoothly from moment to moment. The wait/bar staff were very professional and a lot of fun!

There are a variety of menu choices. The venue provides a bartender but you provide your own liquor. The only downside of this venue, is that parking is somewhat limited. The best feature for me was the "all inclusiveness" of the venue. The cost included the food, staff, dj and cake. There are other ala carte services which can be tailored to your taste and budget.

We've had so many compliments from our family and friends for the wonderful wedding and reception "we" provided. It was an unforgettably entertaining evening!

Sent on 04/21/2010

Nicole · Married on 08/26/2006

My husband & I were married there coming up on 5 years ago (we were the 2nd wedding they had ever done), & even back then we couldn't have asked for more. The food was excellent, the staff were friendly, the aumbiance superb, and very little detail was catered to. They're team collectively (& specially Mary) went above & beyond the call of duty & far exceeded our expectations! I recommend this venue & anyone & everyone who is planning a wedding.

Sent on 08/18/2011

Waverly Manor did an amazing job of planning my wedding! I would suggest anyone who wants a beautiful wedding, friendly & hardworking staff, delicious food, and little work on your part to go to waverly manor. They took care of everything. The only issue I had was that at our bridal meeting I said I wanted different types of table clothes at each table. Then a week later I emailed them and told them that I wanted the table clothes to be the same instead of different. They confirmed but at the wedding the table clothes were all different. It looked AMAZING but not what I asked for. I wasnt going to stress over table clothes! Oh and I wish that I could of had more time dancing and hanging out with friends but I dont think Wavelry Manor would have minded if we stayed longer. It was the DJ who was set on the time. ANYWHO IT WAS AMAZING! Mary also let me do my bridal portraits and boudoir photos at her house on a Sunday (when they were supposed to be closed) because I live out of town. Just amazing people there! EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Stephanie · Married on 10/13/2012

Mary did an amazing job! She truly made my dreams come true. She was always very helpful and gave great ideas. She was also very accommodating since we had a large wedding. She never let me worry and took care of everything. The day of my wedding I just got to relax and enjoy it, Mary took care of everything!!
    Our guests could not stop talking about how great the food was. It sometimes did take awhile for Mary to get back to me, but the week of my wedding she was great and on top of everything. I definitely had no worries!
    We were very pleased and I highly recommend the Vineyards of Waverly Manor

Sent on 02/12/2013
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 04/28/2012

3.5

We loved the layout of this venue. The owner is very nice, helpful and experienced. The food is great and everyone who attended wedding loved it. The down side was when we first met with them to go over details and sign contract we didn't meet with the owner (she was out of town) so there was some confusion regarding some of the details. In the end if we would have met with the owner in the beginning of the planning process we would have been able to make better decisions regarding length of time needed for reception. Thus the reception was rushed and we ran out of time so no family pictures were taken and we will regret that for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 05/15/2012

Jen · Married on 07/06/2013

2.4
      2.5
      2.0
      3.5
      1.0

I was a maid of honor, not the bride, but this was my experience:

Positives: The venue is very lovely, the lake & grounds are well cared for and the home that is on the property is very cute. The location of the reception is a metal building but they have done a great job with making it look nice, the ceiling is draped with white cloth and they seem to do an excellent job decorating on your behalf. The food which is provided by the venue was good, they seemed to have offered the bride and groom a vegetarian and a gluten free options, but nothing was labeled as such, and Mary said she had no idea what gluten free meant, so I'm not sure how well that went.

Negatives: When we were finally ready for our rehearsal (the day of the wedding for travel purposes), she was still not ready for us, even though we were 40 min. behind schedule. She did not have the mothers practice the rose ceremony during rehearsal so that when it came time to have the wedding they had no idea what to do. It was her job to put out the cases of water bottles and she didn't do it until the ceremony began, therefore causing no one to see/use the waters. We almost walked down the aisle w/o bouquets and boutonnieres she did bother to remind us and thankfully one of us remembered. During the 1.5 hours leading up to the ceremony she was no where to be found. Also as to the location itself, it strangely seemed to have a family living there, there were signs everywhere basically telling you you could not use the bed/carpet/counters, which is especially odd because this is where you're supposed to get ready. We were told no when we asked for the wireless password to use the internet and if we could have some cups to drink water from the fountain. And the last straw the family who lives there (?) sat on the porch during the farewell for the bride and groom, they didn't move and will therefore be in all the pictures, it was beyond odd.

Sent on 07/10/2013

Jamie · Married on 07/06/2013

1.8
      1.5
      1.5
      0.5

The venue itself was absolutely lovely, with a perfectly manicured lawn and lovely home. The service and atmosphere was lacking, though. The wedding planner (owner) was nice, but her assistant was unhelpful and cold. She acted annoyed and put out every time we asked a question.

The bridal suite was the master bedroom, and as it makes sense to ask us to not have food / drink on the carpet, there were signs everywhere telling you not to touch anything. So, we kept our drinks in the master bath. We go out for the rehearsal, lasting 1.5 hours because it was poorly run, and after we come back all of our food / drinks were gone. Apparently they thought that we were breaking their rules, even though drinks in the bathroom seems acceptable.

When the couple went to the getaway car through the front lawn as planned, the family of the venue (who live there) were all sitting on the front porch, watching all of us. It was very awkward and creepy. It would have been different if they were discreet about it, but everyone from grandpa to kids were just staring.

Overall, the venue was beautiful and the owner was nice, but the disorganization and bizzarre behavior would not make me recommend this location to another bride.

Sent on 07/09/2013

0.0

My mom and I recently toured this facility. If you are looking for a horror flick type wedding this is the place to be. As we drive up to the property, we can't tell if it is the place or not. Running around the property are a zillion dogs and a parrot is squawking on the porch. We had no idea where to park and a man was standing in the driveway. He came up to our car and I rolled down the window and asked for Dolores. He just leaned practically his whole body in the window and said "Well that is all right." Then he said " You know, no matter what happens, everything will be all right." I was like WHAT is going to happen to us?! I was not going to get out of the car, literally thought we were going to get killed, but my mom was worried about being rude! My mom gets out and is immediately jumped on by all these muddy dogs. I eventually get out and walk up to the house with them. The man told us to wait in the entryway and walked away but came back and asked us if we just came in or were leaving. The ladies that run the facility were no where to be found so we had to walk to the tented site ourselves. Finally, we were greeted by one of the owners and when I say greeted I mean "Aren't you early?" we were 15 minutes early. Then the other owner, Mary, sort of took us on a tour around the tented area, but I was so shaken up by our earlier encounter I just wanted to get out of there. Later, Mary took us back inside the house to show us where the wedding party gets ready, well the room where you get ready is the owner's old master bedroom. I don't know about other people but that is just weird to me. Basically, these people put up a building and gazebo in their backyard and live in the house.

Sent on 04/18/2014