The Vineyards at Aquebogue Reviews

The Vineyards at Aquebogue 6
The Vineyards at Aquebogue 7

Caitlin · Married on 07/20/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!

The Vineyards were absolutely fantastic! We cannot thank everyone at the Vineyards enough for all that they did! From booking the venue, to the day of the wedding and everything in between, they were nothing short of fantastic! They were always quick to respond to our very many questions, and were very pleasant to work with overall. The day ran very smoothly and we were so impressed by how efficient and sincere the staff was throughout the entire day. We have gotten so many complements on the venue from how beautiful everything was to how great the food was! The day was flawless, and if anything went wrong, we had no idea. Thank you so much to Kate, Russ, the Maitre D’, bridal attendant, and all staff members for creating a day better than we could have ever imagined! If we were to do it all over again, we wouldn’t change a thing!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Hillary Klein · Married on 07/14/2019

The Most Gorgeous Wedding

I had my absolute dream wedding. Not only was the vineyard absolutely picture perfect for a summer wedding, but the bridal attendant I had, Kate, and the maitre d, Russ. were there for us every step of the way. They anticipated everything we could possibly need from fluffing my gown and carrying my veil before walking down the aisle, or boxing up the food we weren't able to eat! I was so nervous before the wedding but having them there by my side, making sure everything was running smoothly, helped me enjoy my night. The bride and groom each have their own rooms to get ready in, the views are unparalleled, and every employee was so professional. I have been to several weddings and this place is THE place to get married!

Sent on 07/16/2019
    The Vineyards at Aquebogue 8

Jamie Sclafani · Married on 11/11/2018

What Dreams Are Made Of

My Husband and I got married at the Vineyards on 11.11.2018. Needless to say we are still on the “wedding high” 9 months later. I know this review is a little tardy, but its worth the wait.

Where to begin. When we first visited The Vineyards, we were blown away by the ambiance, decor and breathtaking scenery. We saw a few places, and this venue was the one that we felt so connected too, we HAD to have our special day here.

Kate, Sales Manager/woman of many talents was our guide from the start. We asked 1 million questions, visited the venue ALOT (wish we could just live there) and felt so great about our choice because she and Russ made the process so seamless. We are VERY particular without being jerks and they accommodated EVERY request we had. The words “we can’t” were not in their vocabulary.

Cut to the day of…
    We felt like It was a dream. We felt so calm as they had everything handled every second of the day. The food was excellent, all of our guests could not and STILL will not stop talking about how amazing it was. Everything cooked to perfection, everyone WELL fed, and accommodations made for those with special needs. In hindsight, the viennese hour was less than we had hoped but still great.

The staff was there to keep us calm and truly enjoy our wedding day. We felt so well taken care of, as did our guests. I would recommend this venue to anyone and I wish we could relive this day over and over. The Lessings team, especially Kate made for such a seamless and FUN experience. EVERY staff member felt like family and they ALL wanted us to have the best day.

As a gay couple, our wedding planning initially felt really hard because not every vendor is up with the times on being inclusive. From the start, the Vineyards provided such a welcoming, loving and inclusive experience. Every human and vendor should model how this team operates. We can’t thank them enough.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding day more than we ever dreamed of. Kate, you are a true professional and wonderful hard working queen!

Much love,

The Vineyards at Aquebogue 13
    The Vineyards at Aquebogue 14
    The Vineyards at Aquebogue 15

Caitlin A Meuser · Married on 10/14/2018

The only wedding venue we needed to see.

The Vineyards was the first and only venue that my husband and I looked at for our wedding. Once we saw the beautiful grounds & rustic decor, our dream wedding fell right into place. But, the best part about The Vineyards is the people. Russ and Kate made the planning process so easy and enjoyable. They are both extremely responsive to questions and very accommodating. My bridal party had to arrive at the venue at 7am to start hair and makeup for my Sunday afternoon wedding, and Russ was there to greet us with hot coffee and champagne. I cannot say enough about them and how wonderful they are to work with. My bridal attendant Julia and maitre d' Jamie were just as amazing. I never had to ask for a drink or something to eat, because those two were one step ahead. Whatever my husband and I needed throughout the day/night, they were on it. The food and service was phenomenal; all of our guests were so impressed that they were offered seconds for dinner! And we were even packed with to-go bags of the leftover food. Our guests are still talking about our wedding over a month later. I wish I could give The Vineyards 10 stars. THANK YOU for the best day of our lives!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Melissa · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely Magical!!! Stunning Venue and People!

From the moment I called the Vineyards, not only was Kate responsive, but she was incredibly warm and helpful. That genuine amazing character and excellent execution and professionalism ran through during the whole process of signing up, choosing the venue, tastings, and just general questions and special selections for our special day. They were accommodating to my closest family members and their needs. Russ and Kate did an incredible job of making sure we were ready for our special day. Our wedding was in my mind just perfect because of their level of exceptional level of care and attention to detail! Additionally, the food was absolutely amazing. As this venue is fully equipped not only to be a catering company but a gorgeous venue, they have an excellent business model and are able to fully address any needs for a future bride and groom. You will be in good hands coming to the Vineyards and I hope that to those looking, you strongly consider this venue for not only its beauty, but an excellent staff and impeccable space for any wedding both indoor or out.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Janine · Married on 09/21/2018

Best day ever!

My husband and I were married at The Vineyards on September 21, 2018. Almost 6 months later, our families and friends still cannot stop talking about what a beautiful venue and amazing experience it was! We knew we wanted a rustic / vineyard themed wedding, but once we visited The Vineyards and met Russ, we instantly knew it was the one. We booked our wedding about a year and a half out, shortly after Lessings took it over. The venue was still in the process of being renovated when we booked, but Russ helped us envision the end product, and he more than delivered on that. We booked our wedding with Russ and followed up with numerous calls and emails full of questions along the way . He was always extremely responsive and accommodating, putting any potential concerns we may have had at ease. Russ ended up being our maître d’ and ran a seamless experience from beginning to end. We opted for the early package to get ready on site, which I highly recommend. The entire staff was very professional and attentive throughout the entire day. Around sunset, Russ took us and our photographer (Kaitlyn Ferris = best ever) out on the golf cart to capture photos in the gorgeous setting. He even set up this adorable boat in the pond, which I was admittedly very nervous to get into, but it ended up working out for the perfect shots! We opted for the game package during cocktail hour, and it was a huge hit with our guests. The food from cocktail hour to dinner to dessert was absolutely AMAZING! It is very rare that you can food at a wedding venue that is this good – chef and team are phenomenal and our guests couldn’t stop complimenting everything. They even offered seconds after dinner! My husband and I danced the night away and the staff always had a drink and food waiting for us at our table. We ended up adding the bungalow ice-cream truck last minute, and I am SO happy we did because it was such a huge hit with our guests! We also held our after-party on premises – and the staff delivered again. We added the fire pit and bistro lights which really extended the space and let guests continue to explore the grounds, even into the night. We wish we could re-live the experience all over again. Truly cannot thank Russ and the entire Vineyards staff enough for bringing our vision to life and for hosting the best day of our lives!

Sent on 03/04/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle Tom Yarrobino · Married on 06/28/2018

Beautiful Wedding

My husband and I wanted to get married at a vineyard but did not want to plan that much. The Vineyards was the perfect fit. The venue is beautiful which made for great pictures. Our guests are still taking about the amazing food and service. Kate and Ross were easy to deal with and made our experience enjoyable.

Sent on 02/24/2019
    The Vineyards at Aquebogue 16

Victoria · Married on 05/26/2018

Most perfect wedding venue EVER!! My wife and I got married on May 26th, 2018 at the Vineyards, and everything was absolutely perfect. From day one Kate and Russ were amazing and made the whole wedding planning process a breeze! They truly went above and beyond to make our day everything we had imagined and so much more. Before we could stress about an issue, they had it solved! The service was incredible.
    Our guests are still talking about the venue's beauty and how incredible the food was. It has been over two weeks since our wedding and our friends and family are still raving about it! Between the natural breathtaking beauty of this venue, and the overly accommodating staff, our wedding day was a dream come true!!

Sent on 06/11/2018
    The Vineyards at Aquebogue 17

Mark · Married on 04/28/2018

The team of Russ, Kate, and Jamie were fantastic in planning and executing our wedding reception, it was epic. The entire grounds are kept meticulously well, it's really beautiful. Our every need was catered to and the food was great too. This place is the real deal, I thought I was biased because it was our own wedding, but all of our guests expressed the same feeling. Thanks from Roxanne and Mark

Sent on 05/02/2018

Maria · Married on 10/15/2017

The Vineyard was a great choice for our daughters wedding. It looked beautiful, the food was great, the staff amazing and Russ, he really went out of his way to make the day go exactly how we wanted it to. I highly recommend any future bride and groom to book here!!

Sent on 11/04/2017

Rocio · Married on 10/05/2017

My time was worth spent here. WE got off to a bumpy start because this location was bought half way through my wedding time. Things were getting crazy and Russ was able to accommodate all of our wedding needs. We did our wedding coctail hour in the ballroom and our reception on the patio. And it was amazing. Im going to break down a couple of things that i was looking for in the reviews...hope this helps!

The bridal suites. They stocked the room up with drinks and snacks so you are not fainting. I love that they have a suite for the guys and the girls. Its great!. You hear them but you dont see them. I had 11 bridesmaids and maid of honor, flower girl, mother of the bride, all of us fit comfortably in the room. the service was great. Russ was very attentive and the person he assigned to our room was a dream. We werent rushed out of the location.

The ceremony:
    We had it outside and it was beautiful. It was amazing. I was so happy and impressed with the visual. It was great. No complaints the chairs were comfortable. Everyone was happy.

The Cocktail Hour:
    We had our cocktail hour in the ballroom. My guests said that we had a buffet and standing service. the food was amazing. EVERYONE RAVED ABOUT THE FOOD. The food is so good. This location knows how to prepare food. My guests are foodies and own catering businesses and it was so amazing!

The reception:
    The space was adequate for my guests we had 100 people on the patio and it was more than enough room. Visually under the patio was amazing. It was truly something different and so elegant. The service was impeccable and let me tell you they even offered second rounds! My guests could not stop talking about how amazing the service was. Russ went to each and every table and asked everyone if they needed something, or if they wanted more to drink. The attentiveness of the staff was amazing. Everyone left stuffed and happy. Truly an amazing choice. Russ went above and beyond for us. We all loved it!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Jessica · Married on 09/09/2017

From the moment we saw The Vineyards we fell in love. It was exactly what we wanted, picturesque, one event at a time, big enough, it was perfect! We originally booked before Lessings took over and after the initial shock, they did not let us down. The renovations Lessings made only improved The Vineyard and made it more beautiful for our day. Kate answered all of my questions and emails in a timely manner and made us feel at ease from the minute she took over. The food was delicious, the ceremony space is gorgeous, the staff made the day run smoothly and our pictures could not be more beautiful in the vineyards. I wouldn't have changed anything about our day.

Sent on 09/29/2017

Ashley · Married on 08/04/2017

My husband and I just got married at The Vineyards on August 4th and we really want to thank them for hosting the best day of our lives! We fell in love with the venue last March and were a little nervous about the change in management. However when we went to see the renovations we were absolutely blown away! From the entrance, to the reception space, all the way to the bridal suite and outdoor patio, the entire venue has an airy, rustic elegance, and is absolutely stunning and romantic. We also met Kate, the sales manager, and Russ, at that time. They were both so accomodating and answered any questions that came up along the way. Their organization and personal experience really put our minds at ease. On the day of the wedding, everything went smoothly. The weather was gorgeous so we were able to have the ceremony outside, showcasing the breathtaking views and beautiful gardens. I couldn't get over how many places there were to take pictures! From the delicious food, to the attentive and friendly staff, I really could not come up with one complaint about the day. Our guests were so impressed with the venue and kept commenting on what a unique and beautiful choice it was. I'm so happy that we chose The Vineyards for our wedding and I would recommend them for any couple looking for a romantic and stunning event!

Sent on 08/14/2017

eva · Married on 06/03/2017

My husband and I got married out in Montauk Saturday, June 3rd, 2017. So you're wondering why a review here, under the Vineyards? We used the Vineyards as our off-premise caterer. I cannot say enough how absolutely incredible it has been to work with Russ Moran and the team at Lessing's in planning our unforgettable wedding weekend. We had always heard fabulous things about Russ Moran and Lessing's but had no idea they were such off-premise geniuses. Russ helped us pull together a wedding of 220 people at an extremely unique wedding venue in Montauk, in June. This task alone speaks to his accolades. Russ was able to execute our dream wedding as we had always imagined it. We are forever indebted to him and his tireless efforts. No request that I made was to big (and believe me, I really tried my best to throw him curve balls). Nevertheless, he always made me feel as though my sometimes obscure requests were totally normal (even when I ask that he takes leftover lobsters and makes it into lobster rolls and puts them in our hotel fridge so my husband and I could enjoy them the day after our wedding on the beach) he did so with a smile on his face. Russ’s creativity is unparalleled. We loved his idea of doing an nontraditional wedding lobster bake, it was indigenous to the Montauk vibe we were going for. He also had great ideas when it came to sticking within our budget. Again, I want to thank Russ Moran and Lessing's for catering our wedding. I know after you get married people tell you how great your wedding was and that it was “the best wedding ever” but I truly know all of our 220 guests mean it when they say that this was the most spectacular wedding they’ve ever attended.

Sent on 06/13/2017
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/02/2016

Thank you to the Vineyards for making my wedding a dream come true. Everything ran so smoothly, the grounds and venue looked amazing, the food was great, & so were Elena and Shelby, my maitre d & bridal assistant. We added on the Viennese hour & we were blown away buy the amount of food, our guests raved about it! We dealt with Eleni during the whole planning process and she was nothing but helpful and sweet. I highly recommend the Vineyards!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Shannon Grace · Married on 07/15/2016

My husband and I just got married at The Vineyards almost a month ago. I can truly say that everyone at The Vineyards went above and beyond to make our wedding amazing. Our expectations were met and exceeded! The cocktail room is gorgeous. We did everything on-site (ceremony and reception) and all of it was wonderful. The food was excellent and no one left the wedding hungry. The grounds are stunning and we were able to take ALL of our wedding photos there! The best part was that they only accommodate one wedding at a time, so the venue was ours exclusively. It was literally our home for that day. All of our guests complimented us on our choice of venue and how unique the wedding was because of it.

Eleni, the wedding coordinator, was also our officiant. Our outdoor ceremony was beautiful, and Eleni really made our ceremony special. Throughout the entire planning process, Eleni was there to answer our questions, concerns, and offer advice when we needed. We thank you Eleni from the bottom of our hearts.

My bridal attendant was Jill and our Maitre'D was Elena. Both of them were excellent and attentive. They worked so hard to make sure that our wedding was perfect. Thank you ladies for everything! Also a big thank you to the Chef, who made sure our guests with dietary restrictions were well taken care of!

One final thing - their house wine is delicious. We did wine bottle favors through them and all of our guests loved them. Some of our guests even commented that it was the best wine they had ever had. I tend to agree with them!

A million thanks to The Vineyards for our dream wedding! S&S 07.15.16

Sent on 08/13/2016

Jarret · Married on 05/07/2016

Elani is on top of everything. Trust her!

Sent on 05/28/2016

Debbie · Married on 08/22/2015

We could not have been happier with the Vineyards. From our first meeting with them up until the end of the reception everything was perfect. During the planning process every email was answered immediately. There was no stress planning the wedding with Eleni and Bill. Elena was very attentive to my daughter during the reception. Thanks, Elena, for your help bustling the dress...that was the only thing I stressed about all night! We had only heard wonderful things about The Vineyard's before my daughter and son in law's wedding and they definitely did not disappoint.

Sent on 09/18/2015

Kerri · Married on 08/22/2015

The Vineyards could not have been a more perfect venue for our August wedding! My dream was to get married in the vineyards and The Vineyard Caterers made that possible, and was above and beyond our expectations ! The food was incredible ( our friends and family are still talking about it ) the grounds are flawless and the staff was so helpful and attentive! They made every effort to accomadate our requests (even my wino of a father who requested special wines for the wedding ... The one they could not get for everyone, they actually gave him his own bottle during the wedding !!!) They did the same for my husband and his craft beer requests ! We could not have been happier with this venue from start to finish!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Nicole · Married on 06/06/2015

I don't even know where to start!! This venue did not only fit the style my husband and I were looking for, but it offered so much more!!! The entire staff, especially Eleni, went above and beyond for us. The cocktail hour and dinner food was impeccable! All of our guests raved about the location and food this venue had to offer! Our guests were able to walk around the beautifully , manicured grounds during cocktail hour! The staff was so understanding and helpful throughout the entire process of planning and told us not to hesitate if we had any questions! If you are thinking about getting married out east, love wine and want a beautiful venue, look no further this is the absolute perfect place for you!!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Michael · Married on 08/24/2014

My wife and I had got married here this past weekend. From the very first time we saw the place we fell in love with the outdoor space. The tranquil pond and waterfall on the side of a beautiful white ceremonial arbor surrounded by vines and flowers with a vineyard as a backdrop is absolutely breathtaking. Eleni, the manager, was an absolute delight to work with. She was patient, very personable and answered every question. Even after we booked the place she continued to be very accommodating and responsive. We have changed the general order of the proceedings with cocktail hour being first followed by the ceremony and then the reception, which is something they've never done before. The day of the wedding the execution and service was flawless! They were attentive, the staff was amazing and the food was delicious. They truly cater to your needs and style which makes it very personable. Our guests raved of how beautiful and unique the place is. Thank you Eleni and the whole staff for making our wedding day the best day of our lives!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Amanda · Married on 08/22/2014

From the moment I walked in this venue I knew I wanted to have my wedding there. It was such a pleasure working with Eleni through the whole process. I was even more impressed the day of. Everything flowed so perfectly and every staff member knew exactly where to be and when. Alena is a wonderful asset to The Vineyards. She is an amazing Maitre D. Richard was the Bridal Attendant and he was super helpful and gave me some great tips as a first time bride. I received so many amazing comments from my friends and family about how beautiful the venue was and how outstanding the food is. I highly recommend this place!

Sent on 09/10/2014

Where do I begin? The entire experience with The Vineyards has been excellent! From the minute I walked into this place I knew I wanted to get married there. Eleni was absolutely incredible with her quick and thorough responses to all of my many questions throughout the last 3 months. The day of the wedding, Elena and Jill could not have been better. I will be recommending this place to all future bride and grooms for a very long time!

My wedding date was 8/2/2014 (not sure why this website says 2012)

Sent on 08/16/2014

I highly recommend the Vineyards as both a ceremony location and reception venue. My wedding was on Jul 27, 2014. Throughout the entire process, Eleni and staff were very attentive and quick to respond. I had several guests tell me that it was the best/most fun wedding they've attended. The food/drinks were amazing, from cocktail hour through dessert. They coordinate the day at the venue, so I didn't have to worry about anything once I arrived and the entire evening ran smoothly. A definite best buy--living in NYC, I searched for venues from PA, NY, NJ, and the Vineyards offered the most for the money, AND was one of the most beautiful locations I saw.

Sent on 08/19/2014

Chrissy · Married on 06/27/2014

We are having trouble finding the words to express just how incredible this place really is. From the moment you meet with the banquet manager, Eleni, to the very last hour of your wedding, they treat you like royalty. Absolutely personable, respectful, caring and easy to work with from start to finish. They staff is amazing. The food is amazing. The grounds and ceremony area are amazing. Our guests have told us nonstop that it was hands down the best wedding they have ever been to! Thank you guys so much for making our wedding the best day of our lives. The happy memories for ourselves and our guests are endless and the Vineyards played a huge role in making that happen! We highly recommend anyone to book the Vineyards for their special event. You definitely will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/03/2014