33 Reviews for The Village Flower Shop

27 The Village Flower Shop Reviews

3.0

I picked The Village Flower shop because of all the great reviews and I really regret that decision. I work from 7:30-5 every weekday and it's hard for me to make personal calls at work so usually I try to do everything via email. The Village Flower shop was not good at communicating via email at all. WEEKS would go by and I wouldn't even hear a reply. I'm okay with them not preferring email as a form of communication but to get zero reply at all was very frustrating. I called when I could but it was hard to plan things without email and maybe I'm just sensitive about it, but I think that's a very important part of running a business.
The quality of the flowers was actually very nice. The delivery and drop off was on time but they only delivered 5/6 of my bridesmaid bouquets. Fortunately a bridesmaid called them for me and they rushed someone out to go deliver but that cost us time with the photographer.
I was also more or less pushed into making my final payments VERY quickly because they forgot to ask me for it... So instead of being able to send a check in the mail, I had to pay by credit card (or I was given the option to go drop off a check but I live an hour away from the venue) so that was a bit disappointing that I had to compromise because of their error.
Anyway. The service turned out to be decent (I did not get flowers for the chapel and I made my own centerpieces and did not use their flowers for them) but the service was also limited. I really wouldn't recommend.

Profile Picture Brittany, 11/8/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I have known Pam at the Village Flower Shop for little over 3 years now. She provides our families here at Geils Funeral Home with flowers for their loved ones services. I decided on Pam for my wedding flowers not only because she is a local, small business in Bensenville but also a friend. I didn't see the beauty of her work until my wedding this past September. From the bridal flowers to the centerpieces I was blown away. The flowers far out did my expectations as well as every other guest at the wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend Pam, and her staff at the Village Flower Shop, for any occasion, especially weddings! Pam, I can't THANK YOU enough.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Monica, 9/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

I had the pleasure of working with Pam on center pieces and bouquets. She also decorated the ceremony site with all my suggestions and her professional opinion. She was a joy to work with and her prices were reasonable. Nothing but a great experience.

Profile Picture Nancy, 10/13/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

The Village Floral Shop is amazing! Pam is wonderful to work with and it's really quite reasonable. I had my centerpieces, bouquets, boutonnieres, etc. all done there and they were beautiful! I had so many compliments on my bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets (which were a suggestion by Pam). I had a raw design of what I wanted my centerpieces to look like and I brought in all the material (the wood we carved, mason jars, beer bottles, and lights) and she arranged something so eloquent and stunning. She also let me store the material there a few days in advance. Lastly, my favorite part, she adds a little note on the toss bouquet from the bride to the girl that catches it. It's such an amazing little touch! :) Thanks Pam!!!!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/4/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We worked with Pamela for our wedding flowers - what a great experience! She helped guide us through the process as neither of us really knew what we needed, and the flowers looked fantastic.

Profile Picture Joanna, 9/29/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Flowers looked absolutely amazing!!! Brought years to my eyes and my mom's when we saw them. Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Profile Picture Heather, 6/29/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

The village shop was incedible;from the first meeting til our wedding! Pam was so patient with me with all my questions and requests! The day of the wedding my jaw dropped when i saw the flowers, so perfect!!!! Thank you Pam and your team!

Profile Picture Meghan, 6/28/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

All the flowers were very nice and fresh. There was nothing I would have changed.....

Profile Picture User3390508, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Pam was a pleasure to work with! i kept changing my mind on what I wanted to do for my centerpiece arrangements and she was always patient with me and worked to find a perfect option within my budget. Not to mention The flowers were absolutely gorgeous! They were more beautiful than I had imagined. I would recommend the village flower shop if you would like to have accommodating service and beautiful flowers all at a reasonable price!!

Profile Picture Karolina, 5/25/13, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Amy is a pleasure to work with. She will listen to & absolutely delivers everything you desire! The flowers were breath taking and definitely worth every penny!

Profile Picture LissaCate, 5/11/13, 10 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Was really easy to work with and was great at keeping in contact for everything!

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

The Village Flower Shop made beautiful bouquets for both my bridesmaids and myself for my wedding day! She did a fantastic job and the flowers stayed alive throughout the entire night even with the weather being so cold. Also, she was very flexible with the reception venue because they had another event earlier that day so she couldn't come to decorate my arch until later and she had no problems with that and everything turned out absolutely beautiful!

Profile Picture Alison, 3/24/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Pam and her team were amazing! She was super understanding of my budget and still was able to give me exactly what I wanted! The room was gorgeous, we got so many compliments about how beautiful it looked. I knew nothing about flowers and Pam was super knowlegeble and helped me along the way from beginning to end. The delivery was perfect and she was there to pick the rentals up the same night! Not only were the centerpieces, bouquets, and my bridal bouqouet perfect she delivered an arrangment from my now husband the morning of the wedding while I was getting ready, which had every flower being used in the wedding. It was amazing and so thoughtful! Overall Pam was awesome and I will be using her again in the furture for other events!

Carolina

Profile Picture Carolina, 3/9/13, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Pam was amazing for our wedding flowers! She helped us create bouquets that went perfectly with our winter wedding. The flower we wanted was more expensive than hoped, she was able to create a perfect combination that was affordable and still gave us the look we wanted. She allowed us to order samples of flowers we liked and play around with them til we got exactly what we wanted while staying in our price range. On wedding day, everything arrived on time exactly where it should be. A few of the groomsmen flowers broke, and she had them replaced by the time they got to the church. My biggest concern being a winter wedding was my flowers dying before the reception. Mine and the bridesmaids flowers still looked beautiful the next day! We were very happy with the service and would recommend them to any bride :)

Profile Picture Megan, 1/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Amazing flower shop! Great service and creative floral designs!

Profile Picture Lauren, 12/14/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We attended an event at our venue, White Pines Golf Club, and Pam was the florist. The flowers she created for the event were so beautiful that we were sold, even though we already had a florist (she was that good)! Pam was very flexible and helpful, from the beginning. Once we hired her, we had no worries that the flowers would turn out beautifully. I gave her an image of what I wanted my bouquet to look like and she matched it exactly!! She was reasonable, easy to work with and very friendly. The flowers were of great quality as well. I will definitely hire her again. She TRULY turned my vision into reality! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Latoya, 8/11/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Pam was a saint to work with. Between my mom and I, we must have changed our minds at least on 5 different occasions. Pam was paitent and provided an intimate setting to create my wedding floral decor. She was honest with her opinions, but not too harsh. She gently lead me down a path to wedding flower perfection. Thank you for your guidance and patience, Pam. The wedding was beautiful and we could not have pulled off such a gorgeous day without you!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/10/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Took the time to meet with us and get to know what we were looking for based on pictures and our color scheme. She surprised me with the perfect combination of flowers for both my bridesmaids and my boquet. Delivery was promt...and we also got our cake topper make by them and it was beautiful! Recommend for anyone in the plainfield area!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 7/23/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Village Flower Shop was WONDERFUL to work with for my wedding. I originally went to Phillip's flowers and the guy there was so unhelpful and left me wondering what the heck I wanted! I knew nothing about flowers and wasn't too sure what to look for, but the moment I walked into Village Flower Shop, all my worries went away. Amy was absolutely wonderful to work with. We looked at the photo albums she had and there was a picture of a bridesmaid in the exact color of my bridesmaid dresses, which was a navy blue. The flowers in the picture were so bright...pinks, purples, yellows, oranges etc. and I told her, I want the bouquets to look exactly like that! She definitely did not disappoint! They were exactly on time and even better in person than I remembered!

A little extra for brides out there...my wedding was a winter wedding. I couldn't believe how beautiful and vibrant my flowers were for December. I also told her that I wanted the rhinestones to go on 3/4 of the stems...it was GORGEOUS! So if you're into sparkle, for sure have her put on the rhinestones. It was only an extra $15 dollars. I saw some that you could purchase in bridal magazines, but they charged you WAY too much...

Also, for my flower girl bouquet, at first I thought it was too small...but when I handed it to my 4.5 year old niece, it was so cute and perfect for her! Everything was put together very nicely and Amy was spectacular! She even wrote a personalized letter to me on the day of the wedding--very classy!

Definitely go with Village Flower shop...you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 12/4/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

My experience while picking out my flowers at Village Flower Shop was fabulous. They have a great way of going through this process to really figure out what you want (since I defintiely didn't know already!). I was introduced to amazing flowers that I never even saw before, and they looked amazing. I thought the arrangements seemed a bit on the small side overall, but they were beautiful. The vendor showed up on time with everything (except my toss dasies which we didn't notice until much later) at each location. I opted for simple loose flowers around a vase w/ lighted rocks for the reception, and they looked great ;o) Good pricing as well, I was happily suprised with my quote!

Profile Picture Annette, 11/6/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Brides! Your bouquet will be in almost every picture you take on your wedding day! So, go with the best...The Village Flower Shop and ask for Pam. We got married on 10-10-10 and I wanted flowers to compliment my wedding and not overshadow the nature's finest. Pam worked diligently with me to find flower that would beautifully accent my Fall wedding and exceeded my wishes. My guest are still raving about my flowers till this day! Not only is Pam talented and creative, she's very easy to work with, professional, and goes out of her way to make you the happiness on your special day! Want perfection book with Pam at The Village Shop!

Profile Picture MARIA, 10/10/10, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

They did the flowers for my wedding and did a great job! They transported the flowers from the church to the recpetion venue which was 30 mins away and I did not have to worry about any details! I had a about 14 or 15 large red roses in a bunch with a wrapped stem for my bouquet and they were amazing. Everyone loved the way they looked, as did I.
I was very pleased!

Profile Picture Tracy, 8/20/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Pam from the Village Flower shop was awesome. Very helpful and flexible - her experience really shined through. Her suggestions on flowers and arrangements were outstanding. Our flowers arrived on time and stayed beautiful all day!

Profile Picture Diane, 7/3/10, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

When it comes to flowers, Pam knows exactly what she is doing! She was very communicative and honest-- I wanted gardenias, but she said they simply weren't worth the money as they were incredibly delicate and browned easily (it was a blessing not to have gotten them as it turned out to be 90+ degrees!) but she did suggest that gardenias could be incorporated in a plant at the church (I decided against it). Pam decorated the chapel for me as well. I was nervous that white bows and tulle would be a bit 80s, but it was beautiful! She actually went to the chapel after our first meeting so she could see what it looked like and suggested a design, which she did beautifully! I loved my bouquet and everyone else's, and the centerpieces were so perfect! We had black tablecloths, so she suggested floating white flowers and they just popped! The whole day was a blur, but I specifically remember the centerpieces and they were perfect. Pam's got an eye for this stuff, and I would totally trust her with any kind of future florist needs-- you should too!

Profile Picture Holly, 6/26/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I am so very happy we went with The Village Flower shop!! Pam was wonderful!!!! She was very friendly and professional! I think I changed my mind about my flowers and centerpieces 15 times and she was extremly patient , understanding, and flexible. Everything was beautiful! Thank you Pam so much!!!!

Kelly and Adam June 18, 2010