The View Restaurant at the Historic Crags Lodge Reviews

38 | Estes Park, CO

38 Reviews for The View Restaurant at the Historic Crags Lodge

Mackenzie · Married on 10/13/2018

What a view! This was perfect place to have our wedding!

Amazing venue! AMAZING view! Amazing food! We were so thrilled to have found The View. We wouldn't change a thing from our wedding day, it was perfect!

Jamie · Married on 06/17/2017

I was a little nervous when I saw the two previous reviews here, posted after we booked the venue, but I think they were totally unfair... or at least wildly different from our experience. This venue is GORGEOUS. Jessica was so much help--our coordinator raved about her too! And above all, the food was FANTASTIC. We had such a great time and our guests were enraptured by the ceremony venue, which has a stunning view of the Rocky Mountains. Get married here!!!

Lilia · Married on 03/07/2015

The venue was absolutely gorgeous.
    The views from the dining area is priceless. It overlooks the entire Estes Park.
    Our guests couldn't stop raving about how good the food was.

Everything was first class, well organized and the owners were very helpful from the beginning until the end.

Lexi · Married on 01/17/2015

I rarely give five stars on my reviews, because there is always room for improvement.
    That was not the case with Crag's Lodge. Everything was perfect from start to finish. We were able to customize our dinner so it suited our guests' needs. The presentation was flawless and the dishes just melted in your mouth.
    The views were absolutely breathtaking. It's been a little over a month since our wedding, and our friends are still buzzing about how amazing everything was! They really took such great care of us that I was able to just relax while knowing that everything was taken care of.
    Thank you so much for everything!

Avery · Married on 07/05/2014

I had my ceremony and reception at the Crags Lodge a few weeks ago, and I must say that my wedding was absolutely perfect! The weather was beautiful and it complimented the rustic scenery and the mountains so well. I loved that my fiance and I were able to customize the Crags Lodge so that it was tailored specifically to our wedding. Since the lodge only hosts one wedding a day, it felt like we had the lodge to ourselves which made it very special. Keelee and her staff do an excellent job in accomodating everyone and being all around helpful! The food was fantastic, the venue was excellent, and everyone at my wedding complimented me on the venue and how much fun they had. Keelee is the best wedding coordinator you can work with in Estes. She responds quickly to emails or phone calls and is so patient with brides as they work out all of the details of their special day. In addition, the value of the Crags Lodge is the best in Estes Park in my opinion. Everything that you get with your package is incredible for the money you spend. I would highly reccomend any couple looking to get married in Estes to have their wedding at the Crags. I would also reccomend that you book rooms at the lodge for your bridal party and guests to stay. It makes things so easy and all the more fun that everyone is staying together! Thank you Keelee and everyone at the Crags Lodge for making our wedding day so special. We will remember it forever!

Having the ceremony outside of Crags Lodge was absolutely beautiful. Perfect scenery in the background. The reception inside The View restaurant was equally beautiful. Perfect rustic setting for a mountain wedding. Keelee, the coordinator, is wonderful to work with and takes care of all the details. Would definitely recommend!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/25/2014

affordable, Keelee the planner goes above and beyond, staff was amazing, gorgeous views

I am so glad that I found this venue for our wedding. It is a beautiful location up in Estes and is reasonably priced. Keelee was extremely helpful and always responded quickly when I had questions. She was also very accommodating for any special requests that we had. She was very flexible and it was comforting to have an option to have the ceremony either inside or outside. Luckily we were able to have the ceremony outside, and everything went smoothly. The food was great and I loved the atmosphere. We had a great time at our wedding and would definitely recommend this location to others!

I cannot say enough about the Crags. It is one of the most affordable places in Estes Park, and definitely one of the most beautiful. The Crags has a great space for a reception - there is a lobby with couches, a bar, a large reception space, outdoor decks and a lawn - there is a place for everyone and plenty of space to spread out. We ended up having our ceremony inside and it, too, was beautiful, with the full window wall behind us looking out at the mountains.

Throughout the whole planning process, Keelee was very accessible and prompt in responding (most of the time she responded the same day!). She helped with decorations, menus, and planning for the whole day. When the Colorado floods threatened to cancel our wedding all together, and the government shutdown made us change our ceremony location to the Crags at the last minute, she wasn't phased at all and worked with us through the entire process. The Crags is a great venue, but Keelee really is the best thing about the Crags! My wedding went off perfectly because of her. Thanks, Keelee!

If you are looking for a place to stay, get married, have a reception or all the above we highly recommend The Historic Crags Lodge as they are a professional and highly recommended place in Estes Park that will make you feel like you are home away from home. The Hotel staff is amazing and will help in any way they can. Not only did we stay here but had our ceremony and reception at the Crags.
    We cannot say enough about the Crags but what truly makes this place special for a wedding is Keelee as she will make you feel like family from the moment you meet her. I am happy to say that we were the first couple to be married at The Historic Crags Lodge after the flood happened and were so glad we were able to as the day was perfect and the views were breath taking. The reception we had inside the Crags at The View Restaurant. The views inside the restaurant are just as beautiful as the outside as it overlooks Estes Park with the food being delicious and served in antique chafing dishes. Thank you to the Historic Crags Lodge, View Restaurant and Keelee for making it the most memorable day of our lives.

Allison · Married on 07/27/2013

I am so thankful that I found this beautiful gem in the mountains to host my wedding reception at. It has such a classic feel to it. Not only was the venue itself beautiful, but the view was great too. The food was amazing and very reasonably priced. Everyone was very professional and the whole night went very smoothly. In addition, their event coordinator at the Lodge, Keelee, was absolutely amazing to work with. She always thought of everything and had a "motherly touch" to make sure that we both felt very well taken care of. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone who is thinking about getting married in the mountains!

Carmen · Married on 05/25/2013

This is the perfect venue for a rustic mountain wedding! All our guests were from out-of-state, and everyone was impressed with the whole mountain experience of beautiful Estes Park, the view from the restaurant, and rustic-style log cabin etc.

The setup of the restaurant was perfect. There's a separate bar room to host appetizers. The outdoor patio, balconies, and rustic lobby provided plenty of space for guest to "hang out". Our guests really enjoyed the view as I noticed many of them spent lots of time on the balconies.

I agree with other reviews that Keelee is the best thing about this place. She is so caring and prompt! She regularly emailed me before the wedding to check if she could help with anything. I never once had to worry! When we forgot to bring colored pens for the guestbook, Keelee promptly founded us a bunch to use. She was very flexible with special requests.

The FOOD was AMAZING! As a bride, I thought I'd be too distracted to eat much during dinner (I'm a slow eater). Turned out I was starving and devoured my whole plate! It was DELICIOUS!! The salmon with orange sauce was moist and the roast prime rib was tender and juicy! My guests were impressed that they didn't have to choose between salmon and steak and had both.

The Crags Lodge front lawn/ ceremony area just got upgraded to a even more spectacular mountain view, since demolishing an older part of the building in Spring of 2013. We had some great photo opts with the wedding party there.

Lastly, the price is very reasonable and affordable compared to other Estes Park venues such as the Stanley and Bella Terra. I highly recommended The View restaurant for a memorable wedding experience!

Teresa · Married on 12/28/2012

Keelee, the event coordinator, was wonderful to work with. She responded quickly to my numerous e-mails and was very flexibile with what ever changes we wanted to make. Food was delicious. The restaurant with full floor to ceiling windows over looking Estes Park was beautiful.

Julie · Married on 10/05/2012

My husband and I had our rehersal dinner, ceremony and reception at Crags Lodge. There are so many good things to say about our experience with Keelee and the staff. The kindness, helpfulness, responsivness and professionalism was so genuine. Keelee was so helpful throughout the entire process. We had so many questions and concerns, which she was able to either help or make suggestions on how to get handled. Our family was able to call and ask questins and coordinate with Keelee as well. That took so much pressure off us. We had food allergy issues we needed to deal with, homemade decorations to setup and deal with, my aunt made our cake-- Keelee accomodated arrangements for all this. It is December, our wedding was in October, our family and friends still speak about how wonderful of a place Crags Lodge was and the food ..oh my gosh it was completely amazing! In fact it was so good everyone went back for seconds maybe even thirds. Our guests will go back for vacations, they absolutely loved it. Seth and I can't thank Keelee and the entire wonderful staff enough. Truely our day was special... Keelee was a huge part of making that happen. I have recommended this facility to other friends that are getting married within the year and I recommend this facility and Keelee to anyone and everyone. It is such a perfect beautiful low stress place.

I recently had my weddding at the View Restaurant at the Historic Crags Lodge. Keelee was our wedding coordinator here and she was wonderful. She answered all my questions, got us everything we needed and offered us great advice regarding our other vendors. The food was great and also very affordable. Our wedding was so wonderful and fun and it was all thanks to Keelee and her staff!

Jen · Married on 09/24/2012

I helped plan a wedding at this location & Keelee was absolutely incredible throughout the entire time! For over a year (on & off), she answered all of the bride's questions with a prompt & courteous manner; she even had a backup ceremony site prepared in case of inclement weather on the wedding date. The venue was just what the bride & groom wanted & the view of Estes Park from here is unmatched! The food was cooked to perfection & incredibly delicious, I had thirds! Perfect place for a wedding & reception! Highly recommended!

Ruth · Married on 07/07/2012

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception here. Keelee, the event coordinator, was wonderful. The venue itself is stunning—even if you end up having your outdoor ceremony rained out, as we did.

We very quickly realized that Crags Lodge was the right place for our ceremony—the prices were reasonable, we loved Keelee, the date we needed was available, it had the relaxed vintage vibe we wanted. We were, however, a little worried about the food. The menu sounded good enough, but also a little boring. We also had several vegan and/or gluten-free guests attending. And we are kind of food snobs. Who are kind of cheap. So you know, not easy. But we needn't have worried. We did end up with a fairly standard wedding buffet—salad, veggies, steak, chicken, potatoes—but everything was prepared perfectly and all of our fussy guests' restrictions were accommodated. Indeed, I heard raves from our vegan guests about the portobello mushroom entree made specially for them (without additional cost to us!). Oh, and the appetizers were also standouts, and the bar was phenomenal. Great beers on tap!

We didn't hire a wedding coordinator, nor were most of our vendors on their preferred lists; nevertheless, the day went off without a hitch. Keelee let my friends into the venue that morning to decorate; wedding vendors arrived, did their thing, and left without requiring anything from me; take-down took basically no time. It was truly seamless, which was especially impressive considering we decided to move the ceremony inside at the last minute. The only thing I would have liked to be different is if we were able to stay in the venue for longer—they want you out at 10PM, which is reasonable as it's also a hotel—but we were having such a wonderful time!

I will say that the restaurant is run separately from the hotel, and dealing with the hotel's management for room blocks, etc., is a pretty huge pain in the ass, though the rooms themselves are great.

Andrea · Married on 10/15/2011

Working with Keelee was probably the best part of planning my wedding. She was so responsive and accomodating and even though I know she had a ton of weddings this year she made me feel like mine was the only one. I never had any trouble getting a response from her via phone or email, and anything I asked for she delivered. Thank you, Keelee, for making my wedding reception so wonderful!
    Being a vegetarian it was important to me to have a 3rd vegetarian option on the menu, while still having meat options for the non-veggies. The Vew was not only able to provide 3 entree options but the vegetarian dish was probably the best one! All of the food was delicious and got rave reviews from the guests. Everything at the reception went really smoothly and the venue was so beautiful at night with the view of town.

Kayla · Married on 04/08/2011

I had my wedding and reception at the crags lodge! It was Fantastic! I didnt have to do anything! I told them what I wanted and they provided. First it was my wedding, they put up a wall for just the wedding area. As our guests were at the cocktail hour, they took down the walls for the dance floor and reception. The food was GREAT, it came out still hot and everyone enjoyed it! Our waiters were provided by The View and were very good. Thanks guys for coming though on the most wonderful day in my life!!

Allory · Married on 09/19/2010

We had our reception here and it was absolutely beautiful and Keelee was so much help and wonderful to work with.

Sara · Married on 05/16/2009

This is an AMAZING hidden gem! Most definitely the BEST VIEW in Estes Park! My husband and I visit The View Restaurant every year, we got engaged there and then had our wedding reception there in May 2009. Kathy and Mike are a pleasure to work with, and everything was beyond our expectations. The wedding was amazing and perfect! I would recommend trying the beef tips, and orange glazed salmon for dinner options. We look forward to coming back every year for our anniversary!

Emily · Married on 10/12/2006

My husband and I were extremely pleased with the staff at the Crag's Lodge for our wedding. Also, the wedding planner there, Keeley, was outstanding! We had planned to have the wedding outside, but we realized the day before that the wedding would have to be moved inside (which changed a number of things). Keeley was awesome - she told us our options clearly so that we could decide what we wanted. The set-up for the wedding was fantastic. Most of our guests were staying at the lodge and she helped them check in and showed them to their rooms. She also showed the flower person how we wanted the flowers arranged, had the minister see me before the ceremony as there were a few concerns I had, handled the cake person so that nobody would see the wedding cake before the reception, helped the string quartet set up and kept the timing for the entrance of the bridal party. As the bride, I wasn't worried about a thing because Keeley was so capable, the lodge room was beautiful, and the wedding was perfect!!!

Lisa · Married on 10/20/2012

Keelee went above and beyond to make our wedding run smoothly.
    She even let us come in early and set up/store items, which was very nice.
    I was VERY impressed with the food. We had a budget and had to stick to the lower end entrees, but they were magnificent! I loved the all-inclusive (plates/chairs/linens all included in the price which was VERY reasonable compared to other places) I would highly recommend the Crags lodge for any wedding/celebration dinner. The Atmosphere (i.e. real wood burning fire place/ spectacular views) provide for a true Colorado experience especially for out-of-towners!

Brittney · Married on 09/17/2016

The View was absolutely perfect. We had scheduled our wedding for dinner and a month before we wanted to change it up and do brunch. Jessica was very accommodating and was so helpful. We are from MN and traveled to Estes Park for our wedding and Jessica was SO helpful during the process and even nicer and more helpful in person! The location could not have been more perfect and the brunch food was delish. I asked Jessica if she could play the music that is typically played during their normal restaurant hours and she was more than happy to play some relaxing background music while we ate and mingled. I traveled to many other locations that had made the list of potential locations, and I am so happy we chose The View.