The Verandah Club Reviews

The Verandah Club 7
  • Farah

Farah Khan · Getting married on 12/05/2020

Wonderful!

Our wedding is not until next year, but Brooke has been more than wonderful and patient with us. She has eased my anxiety over getting everything together for this wedding and has made the processed very easy! Will update after the big day!!!!

Sent on 08/01/2019

The Verandah Club's reply:

Thank you Farah for such the kind words! We cannot wait to be a part of your special day and it an honor to help you get all the details ready for the wedding day. We are excited for the whole next year of planning!
  • maria

maria · Married on 07/07/2019

Amazing location and service!

My experience at the verandah with Brooke was amazing! It was everything I expected and more. The price for booking the outdoor location for the ceremony was very affordable . Brooke arranged all the chairs before the wedding and made sure everything was going as planned. She was professional and very kind. She answered all my 202 questions in a timely manner. She was great! Thank you so much Brooke!

Sent on 07/20/2019
    The Verandah Club 13
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 06/01/2019

Wedding 2019

The first time I saw the Verandah I knew that was the place we would have our wedding. It’s beautiful everywhere you look. The prices for packages are affordable to any budget in my opinion. Our guests raved about the food! Brooke was great and everything turned out wonderful! No regrets! 100% satisfied!

Sent on 07/02/2019
    The Verandah Club 14
  • Charniece

Charniece Smith · Married on 05/25/2019

The Best Wedding Experience

The Verandah Club is beyond beautiful, and the perfect backdrop for a wedding. Besides the venue and the beautiful grounds, the staff truly make this place amazing. I could not have asked for a better person to coordinate with - Brooke was beyond amazing and super responsive. As a bride with no professional planning, just my mom and I, she made this such an easy process and her banquet staff were perfect. I can honestly say I had no hiccups in my wedding day and she was on top of EVERYTHING and it went so smoothly. It was music to my ears to hear multiple people say "This was the best wedding I've ever been to." And for that, I truly have to thank Brooke and the Verandah Club staff.

Sent on 06/19/2019
    The Verandah Club 15

The Verandah Club's reply:

Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Smith! Thank you so much for your kind words, they truly mean the world to myself and the staff. Your day was beautiful and you were stunning. Here is to a lifetime of happiness!

Cassandra · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing!! Highly recommend

I don’t even know where to start, all of the staff at the verandah, especially Brooke and the head chef, were incredible. My day was absolutely perfect. Brooke is so so so good at her job and made sure my day was perfect. All of my guest were extremely happy and loved the food and service. Many of my guest said this was the BEST wedding food they have ever had. I am beyond happy that I went with this venue! Thank you all!

Sent on 04/17/2019

The Verandah Club's reply:

Congratulations to the happy couple! Thank you for the kind words. It was the perfect day for the perfect wedding and I am glad it is all that you imagined. We wish you a lifetime of happiness and joy!
  • Constance

Constance Bindernagel · Married on 03/23/2019

Look no further, the Verandah is it!

My husband and I looked at places all over Fort Myers to have our wedding, but the Verandah was without a doubt “the one,” and we both knew it right away. Brooke, the wedding coordinator, was extremely prompt and flexible with wedding dates for us even though our wedding was only 7 months out. Everything I could have ever wanted, Brooke was able to do. She gave incredible suggestions and ideas for our special day. Brooke really was the star that made everything happen on our wedding day.

The grounds of the club are absolutely magical, with the romantic trees and Spanish moss. There were so many places to take pictures. We were able to sample many options for our plated dinner, and our final decisions came out absolutely beautiful and delicious on our wedding day. We were and still are unbelievably impressed.

Everyone should consider the Verandah for their wedding because it is a gorgeous place that run by an unbelievable wedding coordinator.

Sent on 06/08/2019
    The Verandah Club 16
    The Verandah Club 17

The Verandah Club's reply:

Thank you for such an amazing review. Love and happiness was felt by everyone who attended the wedding and it could not have been more perfect. We wish you a lifetime of happiness and we cannot wait to see where the future takes you!
  • Linda

Linda · Married on 03/23/2019

Exceptional Experience!

Our daughter and her husband held their wedding reception at the Verandah Club and it was beyond exceptional! Being from Chicago and having to plan long distance, was somewhat concerning; however, we could not have imagined working with a more professional wedding coordinator than Brooke! We had over 160 out of town guests, and everyone was so impressed by the welcoming venue and genuinely friendly staff. Brooke’s insights were spot-on and she was extremely detailed-oriented and organized and enthusiastic which is everything you want when planning a wedding. The grand ballroom and outdoor grounds were simply beautiful; and the menu and bar selections were second to none. We served a sit-down dinner with a choice of filet mignon, sage and prosciutto chicken, and blackened Mahi Mahi....absolutely delicious! We were able to offer unique specialty cocktails, have passed appetizers, as well as an amazing bruschetta bar, bring many of our own special photo and decorating touches, and host a reception which was fantastic from beginning to end! The built-in dance floor, outdoor patios, up-lighting, gorgeous windows, and room layout were also very inviting and led to a lively and fun reception. Several other things worth noting...the bartenders were tremendous and kept our guests very happy, the club had golf carts to escort the bridal party around the grounds for photos, the bridal room was lovely, and literally ALL of our guests expressed how wonderful the venue was. Everything we asked of Brooke and the Verandah Club was absolutely surpassed...we will always be grateful to them for making our children’s wedding day a truly special and memorable one!

Sent on 06/22/2019
    The Verandah Club 23
    The Verandah Club 24
  • Kylie

Kylie · Married on 01/19/2019

You will fall in love with The Verandah Club!

The Verandah Club was the first venue we visited and we immediately knew it was where we wanted to have our wedding. The wedding coordinator Brooke is beyond helpful in every way, super quick to respond to any questions and amazing at working with you to keep your wedding within your desired budget. The day of the wedding was perfect due to Brooke and the amazing staff: seeing them calm and running everything smoothly made me feel like I could enjoy the day and not have to worry about what was going on behind the scenes, because I knew they were on top of it all. The food was incredible and the settings in the ceremony and reception areas were clean and well kept. I could go on and on about how much I love the Verandah Club, but you can see for yourself--please go check it out, you will fall in love with it immediately!
    Thank you to Brooke and the rest of the amazing staff at the Verandah Club for making our day the best! :)

Sent on 02/10/2019
    The Verandah Club 25
  • Francesca

Francesca · Married on 12/16/2018

Amazing venue!

I couldn’t have asked for a better place for my wedding! The verandah is beautiful and provides such an exquisite setting for a wedding ceremony and the reception area is just as nice. Brooke kept us all calm through the whole process and was always a help as we needed it during wedding planning and made the whole day go so smoothly. All the staff are helpful and nice and aid in again the day going as smooth as possible. I would recommend the verandah to any bride looking for a beautiful venue and a stress free engagement and wedding day!

Sent on 01/07/2019

The Verandah Club's reply:

Thank you for sharing your special day with us, it was an honor to be apart of it. All of the details were beautiful and you were stunning bride. We wish you and Wyatt many years of happiness.

Becky Jones · Married on 12/15/2018

Amazing Venue & Staff!

We HIGHLY recommend The Verandah Club! I knew I wanted an outdoor ceremony space with an indoor reception...the oak grove ceremony site and the gorgeous River House were exactly what I was looking for. The club provides an all-inclusive package with food and beverage, tables, chairs, linen, china, silver, bridal suite, and event staff. This made the planning process super easy. The River House is beautiful and needs very little additional decor to really dress it up - we used simple floral and lantern centerpieces and selected colored napkins from the included linen options and that was it! The meal options were extensive (and could easily be adjusted to fit our budget) and everything was delicious! Many of our guests commented about how great the food tasted. Brooke is amazing...we worked very closely with her to plan the entire day. She was always responsive via e-mail and we met with her in person several times to walk through everything. Brooke was present the entire day of our wedding. She greeted us in the morning for set-up, coordinated vendors, made sure we had everything we needed in the bridal suite, shuttled guests and the bridal party to the ceremony site, coordinated the ceremony line up, drove us around with the photographer for post-ceremony photos, and coordinated the flow of the reception. She even took care of hanging my silk flowers on the ceremony arbor! The service we received throughout the day was absolutely exceptional! We had our own designated service staff to make sure we, as the bride and groom, had a chance to eat, drink, and enjoy our night. The entire staff was friendly, prompt, and genuinely cheerful. We really felt as though they wanted our day to be perfect! I really can't say enough about how pleased we were with our experience...I'd do it all over again!
    *Photo credits to Kelly Howell from Wanderlust Imagery by Creative Imaginations (now LoveLettersCo)

Sent on 02/02/2019
    The Verandah Club 30
    The Verandah Club 31
    The Verandah Club 32

The Verandah Club's reply:

Thank you for sharing these kind words. It was truly and honor to work with you and Brian to bring your special day together. Your organization skills were flawless and everything turned out absolutely beautiful. Maybe in 10 years we can do it again! We wish you the best on a lifetime of happiness.
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 11/11/2018

The most amazing venue In Florida!

From the beautiful oak tree ceremony space to the beautiful reception space overlooking the river, the Verandah Club was amazing. From start to finish Brooke was so easy to work with, especially since I was planning from out of state. She was helpful in supplying vendor recommendations so I wasn’t totally lost in planning my destination wedding. I can’t recommend the Verandah Club enough. Absolutely have your wedding there!!!

Sent on 11/14/2018

The Verandah Club's reply:

19+ hrs away and you planned such a beautiful wedding day! It was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding and if you are ever visiting from the mitten we would love to have you back. We wish you and Matt many years of happiness.
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/27/2018

100% Satisfied!

When my husband and I decided to have a destination wedding (we live in Chicago), we knew we wanted to have our reception at Verandah! My parents live in the community, and I've been there several times for various events, and have always been impressed! Let me tell you, they exceeded our expectations! Brooke (events and hospitality coordinator) is a rockstar! In our first meeting, you can tell she enjoys what she does! She was enthusiastic, and we didn't feel like "just another wedding". Planning a wedding from afar is difficult, but Brooke was always responsive and helpful. She gave wonderful advice while at the same time giving us the freedom to make our reception unique to us. She was so accommodating to every request, from allowing us to store reception items in her office a couple days prior, to working with the chef to make custom late night snacks. On the day of, Brooke was at Verandah from early morning (she delivered breakfast to myself and my bridesmaids as we got hair/makeup in the clubhouse) until the very end of the reception. She worked with each of our vendors to execute the reception flawlessly! She came up to my now-husband and I often throughout the day/evening to make sure our needs were met. When we were outside taking the last of our photos before cocktail hour, she came out to us with a golf cart and waters to drink, then drove us on the golf cart back to the clubhouse when we were done (and even helped me bustle my dress!). She coordinated with the wait staff and our DJ to execute a surprise for our guests where they brought out desserts representing our rival colleges to each table while the DJ played a mashup of our fight songs. So fun! To say she is a superwoman is an understatement! In addition to Brooke, we were so pleased with the entire staff at Verandah! So professional and always smiling! The food - several of our guests have said it's the best food they've had at a wedding! Living in Chicago, we have access to some amazing food/restaurants, and the filet minon was right up there with the best we've had in Chicago. Additionally, dinner came out in a timely manner and was warm! Compliments to the chef, and the wait/bar staff for their hard work all night!

Credit to Aimee Rossi Photography for the photos (see my review of her too - she is great!)

Sent on 11/21/2018

Sierra Hutchison · Married on 10/13/2018

Couldn't be happier!

Absolutely AMAZING experience with Brooke and her team at the Verandah. My day went perfectly, or at least I had no idea if something didn't. Brooke was very accommodating throughout the entire wedding planning process! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/30/2018

The Verandah Club's reply:

You were a stunning bride! We could not have been happier to celebrate your big day with you. Thank you for the kind words and we wish you and Tim many many years of happiness!

Kathy · Married on 09/30/2018

I hosted a baby shower for my daughter at The Verandah Club. They were wonderful to work with from the planning stages right up to the day of. Beautiful location, excellent service and wonderful food. Many guests said it was the best shower they had been to. One guest, who caters functions with her husband, even commented that the food was excellent!! We were so satisfied. Recommend them with 5 starts!!!!!

Sent on 10/05/2018

The Verandah Club's reply:

Thank you Kathy, we are glad you and your guests enjoyed your day. We are wishing your daughter the best with her new bundle of joy!

Jessenia · Married on 08/18/2018

Highly Recommend!!! :)

This review is really overdue but I really had to let everyone know of our experience. We got married August 18th, 2018. My now Husband and I could not be happier having chosen The Verandah as our venue for our reception. Brooke was and is so attentive and willing to work with you at everything. Wedding planning was so new to my husband and I, she was truly helpful in the process.
    Our family and friends loved the food, and the staff was all super helpful. The staff took really great care of us, we got to sneak in a couple of bites to eat throughout the night but of course it was inevitable for us to sit and finish our meal. The staff was nice enough to pack us some food to-go which was really thoughtful. Brooke was there all night making sure everything ran smoothly.
    We also got rained out in the afternoon after the ceremony but again Brooke has been of such great help allowing us to come back and take our pictures outside. The scenery is just gorgeous and the room itself was perfect, we could not have asked for a better location and staff.

Sent on 11/04/2018

The Verandah Club's reply:

Rain on your wedding day is supposed to lead a lifelong marriage full of happiness. Your day was perfect and we loved being apart of your special day. Thank you for allowing us to take part on your wedding day!

Taylor · Married on 06/16/2018

Brooke was amazing to work with, made all of my wedding dreams come true! The Verandah was absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 07/10/2018

The Verandah Club's reply:

Thank you Taylor. Wishing you and Sammy love, laughter and happily ever after!
  • Neva

Neva · Married on 05/10/2018

My husband and I got married at the Verandah Club in May and it was absolutely a dream! Brooke was absolutely amazing! She helped us have the wedding of our dreams! The food was amazing and the venue was absolutely breathtaking! If you are considering having your wedding here, do it! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/19/2018
    The Verandah Club 33
    The Verandah Club 34
    The Verandah Club 35
    The Verandah Club 36
    The Verandah Club 37

The Verandah Club's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It was an honor to be apart of your big day! It was truly magical to help put all your ideas together for your dream wedding. Congratulations and we wish you and Christian the best of luck!

Nisha · Married on 04/22/2018

The food was amazing and this coming from two people in the industry. The event space was beautiful especially the outside oaks. Brooke was very organized and helpful. The staff was very sweet and kind from the bartenders right down to the servers.

Sent on 05/14/2018
    The Verandah Club 38
    The Verandah Club 39
    The Verandah Club 40
    The Verandah Club 41

Kristina · Married on 02/10/2018

My husband and I got married in February. It was absolutely amazing. The trees are beyond gorgeous and the reception was everything I wanted. It is so big that you don’t have to worry about being squished together. We had a photo booth set up and some little things to look at around the room. Brooke was amazing. She was helpful through the entire process. The food was incredible. Everyone loved the swordfish, beef and chicken we picked!

Sent on 08/14/2018
    The Verandah Club 49
    The Verandah Club 50
  • Meg

Meg · Married on 02/03/2018

It’s hard now to think back and imagine having our wedding anywhere but at the Verandah. From the planning outset, my groom and I knew we didn’t want a church wedding. We love nature and the outdoors, and we determined early on that we wanted trees, oak trees, to surround us on our special day. We made several appointments to see a myriad of locations. But we needed all of two minutes at the Verandah to decide it’s precisely what we wanted. Ceremonies take place under the arching branches of beautiful oaks, on the banks of a nearby pond. The reception is held in their massive ballroom with high ceiling, plenty of space and which also overlooks a river. There’s even a boardwalk dock where one can get a better look at the water.But I’ve told you nothing you can’t see in pictures. The real magic stems from the staff. All the vistas in the world are useless in a wedding if everything else is done poorly. Brooke, who is in charge of events, is simply incredible. She was always there for us when we needed her, both prior to and during the wedding itself. Always prepared to answer questions or accommodate us, even at the drop of a hat. She coordinated effortlessly with our vendors, also making sure they were completely taken care of. She made it easy not to worry.The waitstaff was phenomenal: attentive, cheerful and earnest, everything you want to see and hear on your big day. They were omnipresent and ready for anything that came their way.The food—oh, the food. Every single one of my guests was blown away by the food. I certainly was. I’ve had some good food at weddings before but—and I’m not just saying this because it was my wedding—this was the best I’ve ever had, and I’ve heard that sentiment echoed by friends and family more than a few times. Do not be afraid of the word buffet. It’s connotation may conjure up less-than-ideal preconceptions, but Verandah’s execution elevates it to an art form. It was a stunningly realized dinner, with a pasta creation station

Sent on 03/02/2018
    The Verandah Club 51
    The Verandah Club 52
    The Verandah Club 53
    The Verandah Club 54
    The Verandah Club 55
    The Verandah Club 56

Taylor · Married on 01/27/2018

Verandah Country Club was the absolute perfect venue!! Not only is the venue beautiful but Brooke, their wedding coordinator, goes out of her way to make the experience simple and easy! She is so helpful and truly amazing to work with. The venue was perfect, the food tasted amazing, and the staff was so nice and helpful. It was worth every penny spent!

Sent on 02/08/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 12/10/2017

The Riverhouse at Verandah was the perfect wedding venue here in Fort Myers. My sweet groom and I chose this location for many reasons: the welcoming staff, outstanding food and onsite bar, intimate gated community feel along a gorgeous golf course with stunning landscape filled with large Oaks and Palm trees, the open concept reception space full of beautiful built-in ceiling cathedral lighting and natural light along the Orange River, the dance floor built in, convenient parking and wrap around cocktail hour bar, picturesque boardwalk for first look photos, and plentiful seating and even golf carts to accommodate our guests. Brooke the wedding coordinator was so sweet and kind to us; her passion for her work and expertise truly made our planning a joy. Brooke set aside time for decor planning, coordination of established vendor connections, taste testing, bridal party breakfast catering during hair and makeup onsite, send off planning with special bride and groom to-go boxes placed in limo for wedding night, food coordination with kitchen staff sensitive to our allergies, and budgeting. One of the most impressive experiences of all was when Brooke invited us back for a complimentary lunch to reminisce about our special day, and invited us back to celebrate our anniversaries. This meant so much to us. We will be back, and will continue to recommend Brooke and the Verandah to everyone we meet.

Special Note: our guests mentioned that the food at the Verandah was the best catering, appetizers, and entrees they ever had! We agree.

Sent on 03/31/2018

Melanie · Married on 11/25/2017

What an amazing venue! The Verandah Club was more than we anticipated. Brooke Alexander lead us through the process from start to finish, and she was exceptional. The food was amazing and the moments captured on camera are breathtaking. The brand new reception area is updated and picturesque. We are forever thankful that our daughter’s wedding was all that she hoped for and more. Simply perfect!

Sent on 02/27/2018
    The Verandah Club 64
    The Verandah Club 65
    The Verandah Club 66

Madison · Married on 11/25/2017

Brooke was amazing, especially for being new. She helped me so much coordinating details that I didn’t necessarily have all together. It was apparent she was taking extra steps to make our day very special. She made us feel like royalty.

Sent on 04/26/2018
    The Verandah Club 71
    The Verandah Club 72
    The Verandah Club 73

Natori · Married on 10/28/2017

I got married October 28th 2017 from the very first time I visited this venue I was in Awe it is the most beautiful place outside and inside. I had a Cinderella wedding and verandah gave me that enchanted look I wanted. I did not get to have my ceremony outside due to the weather but Brooke and her staff was wonderful at moving it inside . She made my day stress free everything went smoothly Brooke was very professional & organized . The food was amazing . Verandah made my Cinderella wedding a dream come true ..
    Natori Robinson