The Venue at Crooked Willow Farms Reviews

The Venue at Crooked Willow Farms 6
The Venue at Crooked Willow Farms 7
  • FutureMrsD

Delaney · Married on 07/20/2019

We haven't had our wedding yet, but we've booked the venue for our July 2019 wedding. We toured the venue in January 2018, and booked in April 2018. They have always been VERY responsive with all my emails (I asked a ton of questions over two months). They switched venue directors over the last few months, and I've still never had an email ignored or not responded to within 24 hours (even on weekends). They have an interim director now, and will have a new permanent director by May 2018. Normally, I'd be stressed since I haven't met the new director. But since everyone has been so nice and helpful, I'm not at all. They are super accommodating about us coming back this July to show our mother's the venue. And they gave us a military discount! Super happy with our venue choice. It was one of the few venues who gave us access to the entire venue, just us, the whole day. They were laid back about where we can have the DJ, where we can have the buffet, etc.

Sent on 05/02/2018
  • Sylvia

Sylvia Boyd · Married on 05/23/2019

CWF made our wedding dreams come true!

My wife and I cannot say enough about the amazing venue that is Crooked Willow Farms. First of all, it's absolutely picturesque! Nestled right in the middle sprawling farms and tree filled mountains, it will take your breath away. The venue itself is huge, with plenty of rooms for different wedding activities. One of the things we love most are the options for where you can have your ceremony. We originally planned on having the ceremony on the lawn, but the weather didn't cooperate, so it was moved to Lola's Loft. Equally beautiful and the transition was seamless! We were also very impressed by how well maintained the building is compared to some others we looked at. On that note, even though it's on a farm, it doesn't smell like a farm AT ALL. Major bonus! My wife and I received countless compliments from our guests on how beautiful a venue we chose, and we couldn't agree more.

The customer service at CWF is phenomenal! We worked with Kim, Jessica, and Christina and all of them were TOP NOTCH. Very clear communication, extremely accommodating, warm and considerate, and just so professional. They were there for us every step of the wedding process which took so much stress out of the entire thing.

If you are looking for a gorgeous Colorado mountain wedding venue with A+ service, have your wedding here. You will not regret it!

Sent on 05/29/2019
    The Venue at Crooked Willow Farms 8
    The Venue at Crooked Willow Farms 9
    The Venue at Crooked Willow Farms 10
    The Venue at Crooked Willow Farms 11

The Venue at Crooked Willow Farms's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review!! We are so happy you and your wife had an amazing experience at The Venue at Crooked Willow Farms. We pride ourselves on the beautiful property, multiple spaces, seamless flow and personalized service couples receive.....honored to help you create a vision that was all your own! Best wishes always~ The Venue @ CWF team

Kellen Petersen · Married on 10/13/2018

Top Notch Venue

The venue itself is incredible. Staff is friendly and very responsive.

Nicole B · Married on 10/13/2018

Wonderful service and gorgeous venue!

Crooked Willow Farms was absolutely wonderful to work with. We could not have picked a more beautiful venue for our October wedding. Everyone who helped us through the entire planning process and day-of were incredibly helpful and responsive. The bridal suite and grooms lounge are amazing and perfect for spending the morning before the big event. All our guests raved about the indoor/outdoor setting and still say it is one of the most (if not THE most) beautiful venues they have been to. I couldn't agree more.

The Venue at Crooked Willow Farms 12
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing!

The Venue at Crooked Willow Farms was the most beautiful place to have my wedding. My guests could not stop talking about how gorgeous it was! I had a late September wedding so the colors were changing and there were butterflies flying around. Kim and Brittney were exceptional. Brittney was there the day of and helped tremendously. She is the best! I can't say enough good things about Crooked Willow Farms. I am referring anyone I know that is getting married here!

The Venue at Crooked Willow Farms 13

This venue is incomparable to any other in the state of Colorado! I made all my own decorations and brought several things in (including hay bales) but they provided barrels, tables, chairs, and all the essentials I needed for no additional cost. All of my guests raved about the natural beauty of this venue from the ceremony to the reception hall, to all of the beautiful grassy spots surrounding the property. While it is a little more expensive than most, the vendors they recommend (catering, rental, etc.) work so well together that the day flowed perfectly since they were all familiar with each others professional styles. They provide an event coordinator as well who was an incredible resource for all of the questions we didn't know we needed answered!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Alyssa · Married on 06/12/2015

If you have ever looked at Crooked Willow Farms you know the love you have for it from the moment you pull up !!!! My husband and I just got married here this past June and I truly can't say enough about how amazing it was. We worked with Amy and she was amazing and coordinating all the details we needed to make our day run successful with our vendors. The venue alone is so rustic and gorgeous. All of our guests were so pleased. A total bonus with the venue is the kids area..they have love sacks with a tv so the kids could watch movies (which is a win in itself around 9 pm when we still have hours of dancing left).

The venue is more expensive then other venues as you probably noticed but honestly it is worth every dime spent. They include tables chairs and honestly the venue is so pretty alone. I would not change anything about it.

I would tell everyone to get married here !!!!!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Amy · Married on 06/06/2015

I'm so happy to have had our wedding at Crooked Willow Farms! It is the prettiest venue!! It was the first venue we visited and we fell in love the moment we arrived. If you want a private, open space with a rustic chic vibe, this is your place. I loved being able to utilize the entire space and have room to move around. We had our ceremony outside on the events lawn, cocktail hour in the courtyard under market lights, dinner in the beautiful ballroom and dancing in lola's loft. We live in New York and had a lot of out of town guests and they loved the space just as much as we did -- we got so many compliments. I worked with Patty and Brittney and both were very professional and extremely responsive. I couldn't have imagined having our wedding anywhere else -- everything was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Meagan · Married on 05/30/2014

Crooked Willow Farms was one of seven venues we viewed while planning our wedding, and we knew right away that this was our venue. The property and facilities are kept in excellent condition, and all the staff we came into contact with were friendly, professional, and attentive. Because we booked the venue at the border of the spring/summer season and on a Friday, we were able to get a well-priced deal on the venue. Although it definitely wasn't cheap, it was worth every penny--after all, you get what you pay for! The facilities are decorated in a sophisticated take on rustic Colorado style, which fit us perfectly. We loved having our wedding at Crooked Willow Farms!

Sent on 07/27/2014

My daughter wanted a country chic wedding and we found the perfect venue in Crooked Willow Farms. Not only is the place over the top gorgeous the staff was amazinginly helpful. It was just the right amount of country with a lot of class! Great place, lots of space and being able to have your wedding and reception in the same location was awesome!

Sent on 08/14/2013

amber · Married on 06/16/2013

Crooked Willow Farms is an amazing venue. The reason that we chose this venue was because it offered a beautiful, unique, and private experience. I couldn't be happier than I am about the wedding I was able to have at this venue.

Sent on 07/01/2013

We could not have asked for a better staff or more beautiful venue. There are so many options to make your wedding perfect and exactly as you imagined. The venue quality, beauty and staff are worth every penny! We loved working with Patty throughout the planning process and Michael was a wonderful event manager. We have nothing but nice things to say, I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 05/08/2013

Kendal · Married on 09/28/2012

BEST WEDDING VENUE IN COLORADO! My husband and I checked out one venue in our search for the perfect place for our wedding... and we knew the second we set foot on Crooked Willow Farms property it was the one!
    No complaints! I would highly recommend checking it out for your wedding!

Sent on 11/07/2012

Katie · Married on 01/29/2011

I am OBSESSED with Crooked Willow. I had never been before and my wedding planner suggested we look at it. I looked at the photos online and we booked it sight-unseen!

From the day we went to tour a couple of months before the wedding, I felt like I had known Brendan forever. He took us all around the property and made us feel really comfortable.

Rehearsal went smooth, wedding went even smoother! Things were set up on time, and perfectly. Wedding guests told me all night how amazing the place was. People who see my pictures now tell me that it's an incredible venue. We has our ceremony in the Ballroom (we stood in front of the large window up front) and cocktail hour in King's Cooridor. We set up some high top tables and a bar and it felt really intimate and gave us the change to run outside and take some pictures. We got some amazing outdoor pictures too, with the sun setting over the mountains.

We then had our dinner and a band in the Ballroom as well. What a transformation! You see this large amazing ballroom and suddenly, it's turned into an intimate formal dinner space. The chandeliers were amazing and all the windows made us feel like we were really enjoying the surroundings. The bathrooms/bride's dressing room were convienent so me and my girls could go touch up makeup or use the restroom. Most of the time, the guys get left out of the getting ready fun...Not here! The "man cave" was AMAZING. Giant drop down TV playing sports of course, built in humidors so they could smoke cigars, scotch flowing, and totally manly leather chairs!

After the dinner and band, we went upstairs to Lola's Loft to dance the night away! It was so fun to have a DJ up there, get some lights going and party! We opened the doors on the end of the loft and let the night Colorado air cool us down a bit. The view from the doors was even amazing!

Overall, I would absolutely recommend Crooked Willow to anyone. I would have 100 events there if I could!!

Sent on 03/18/2011

C · Married on 06/13/2010

This venue is incredible in appearance, size, amenities, staffing, flexibility and just over perfection for a wedding day! I would recommend weddings of all sizes, from 75 to 250 people to enjoy this venue. There are several red barns on the premises finished with dark stained woods, exposed brick, thousands of windows for natural light and incredible architecture around every corner. There are market lights strung over the blooming courtyard, a "man cave" for your groom and groomsmen, a bridal house and suite and an outdoor venue to die for with the Colorado mountains framing the background. Go for this venue if you want your wedding to be MORE than you dreamed about!!

Sent on 06/20/2010

Danielle · Married on 05/06/2016

We booked Crooked Willow for our local reception following our destination wedding. The venue is beautiful and huge. I was really just planning a cocktail party, but after seeing all the great spaces I decided I wanted to do something more involved to truly get the most out of the amazing setting so we ended up doing extra family pictures in the green space with the mountain backdrop, cocktails in the court yard, appetizer and dessert/candy bar in the barrel room, seating and dancing in the ballroom and then an acoustic guitarist later in the loft set up with a lounge feel. Our guests commented all night about the beautiful venue and even how pretty the drive down from Denver was. We worked with Patty and Michael and they were both simply amazing - friendly, professional, and responsive. CWF requires an event planner (I used Christina with Detailed Elegance) which I thought was a waste at first, but after our event I totally understood, the place is so big that you really do need someone coordinating all the moving parts of your day. The vendors they recommended were all exceptional. The absolute only downside of this venue is the cost, but honestly for how amazing our event (and pictures) turned out I am so so glad we decided to go a bit beyond our budget to book CWF!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Amanda · Married on 06/11/2015

Beautiful venue! I worked with Amy and she did a wonderful job. My wedding day was rainy; but I was able to move the ceremony into Lola's Loft and it turned out amazing. My guests could not stop talking about how great the venue was. Definitely worth it!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Kassidi · Married on 08/31/2019

Ensured our day was beautiful and stress free!

The venue is beyond beautiful and run so professionally! Kim and Brandi were wonderful in accommodating our requests and making sure everything went as planned. The most common comment from our guests was that they have never attended a wedding at such a beautiful venue. We loved every second of our wedding at Crooked Willow and would highly recommend the venue to other couples!

Sent on 09/10/2019

The Venue at Crooked Willow Farms's reply:

Kassidi + John: Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review. We are honored to be a part of your special day and it was a delight working with your sweet family! Your decor for the day was amazing and one of a kind! The team at Crooked Willow Farms wishes you the very best!
  • Patrick

Patrick Haas · Married on 06/08/2019

Great venue!

We cannot say enough good things about Crooked Willow Farms. Our wedding was everything we dreamed of and more! The beautiful landscape, along with the amazing interior spaces made for the perfect venue to host our family and friends. Not only was the staff delightful to work with, but they went out of their way to be accommodating to us on our special day.

Sent on 06/15/2019

The Venue at Crooked Willow Farms's reply:

Patrick, thanks so much for sharing this review. We were honored to share in your special day and loved working with your families! The Venue team at Crooked Willow Farms wishes you the happily ever after you deserve.

Audrey · Married on 09/03/2016

Crooked Willow Farms is breathtakingly beautiful. Although the scenery is very nice, It is the venue itself that won my husband and I over. You have SO much space to utilize, including an event lawn, large reception hall, loft for dancing, incredible rooms for the wedding parties to get ready in, a game room, a photo booth, and plenty of space to set up food, drinks, etc. You also get the grounds for the entire day...only 1 wedding a day is held here. The staff keeps the grounds immaculate; it is spotless and the gardens are gorgeous. Michael was our event day coordinator and is a really nice, easy-going guy. He's been in the business a long time and knew all about Crooked Willow. He offered us solid advice on which beverage plan would be best for our group and it ended up being the right choice financially. It was occasionally a bit difficult to get a hold of someone from CWF, but never impossible! Everything fell into place perfectly in the end.
    The groom's room is one of a kind. It comes with a bar, projector screen to watch TV, and HUGE cigar room. I was jealous of my husband despite the bride's room being beautiful, too. :)
    The only potential setback to CWF is the price...it is expensive! However, my family did agree it was worth every penny. I don't think there was a more perfect venue that fit the style and vibe my husband and I were shooting for when envisioning our wedding day. It was the first and only venue we looked at when planning. We had the most incredible night thanks to CWF! -Logan and Audrey Heffner

Sent on 10/04/2016

Tricia · Married on 08/19/2016

The team was very professional and worked well with our other vendors. Doug worked so hard to make us and our wedding party comfortable through our the day.
    The venue itself is very elegant and has several options to fit your style. We chose the large hall for reception, lawn for ceremony and the courtyard for
    Cocktail hour. The courtyard makes for specs ruler pictures.
    We had a great day at a wonderful venue

Sent on 09/01/2016

Cici · Married on 06/19/2016

We're getting married at Crooked Willows Farm next June and we seriously cannot wait! We looked a several venues in the area and nothing can compare to CWF. The venue is simply beautiful with a classic charm to it. The staff is wonderful and so easy to work with. Patty has been our main point person and she has been so helpful with all of our questions. We can't wait to get married here and will have to update this review when the event is over!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Addysen · Married on 09/06/2015

It was truly a pleasure to build our perfect day at Crooked Willow Farms. As we started the planning process, Crooked Willow was the first component of our day that we committed to a year and a half before our wedding. There are many romantic aspects to this property. As you drive from Denver, the anticipation to get there builds as the rolling hills and tight roads draw you in. You know you are going somewhere far from the beaten path to watch two people say “I do”. As you turn onto the property, you are greeted by two Camels and travel down the tree lined road to the farm. This venue feels authentic, personal and special. It was important to me to feel like we were getting married somewhere that our families would understand and cherish... it has a rustic farm component with a polished and sophisticated attitude. This is not one of those venues that cranks out wedding after wedding and you just feel like the next bride in line. When we first signed on with them I was a little confused about why they required you to have a wedding planner. They suggested a few people and we made our decision on our planner from their suggestion. Well, that was one of the best decisions we made as our planner understood our concept and drove our vision at Crooked Willow (Dana Dunphy with Revel and Bloom). It is not possible to have a cookie cutter wedding at this venue as you need to bring in your own components to make it YOU... this is one of the reasons having a planner at this venue is so important. We did things a little different at Crooked Willow. We married in the ballroom, turned it in to an Italian feeling church with pews, doves at the entrance and a beautiful alter at the front. Our "social hour" was in the courtyard as Spinphony entertained guests while they enjoyed snacks and a cocktail (we were off taking photos for golden hour). A clear topped tent was set in the pasture where we dinned and danced the night away.

Sent on 01/15/2016

Jonathan · Married on 04/04/2015

It was one of 50 venues that I researched online. It was the first we visited, and the only one. The pictures do not do the venue justice, it has to be seen in person. If you want a rustic but sophisticated venue, this is your spot. The amazing view doesn't hurt either. ;-)

We worked with Patti and Amy, both were amazing and extremely responsive to us. I had a ton of questions, and they put up with all of them. Great venue, great staff. Very happy with our decision for our wedding venue!

Sent on 04/23/2015