The Venue at 400 North Ervay Reviews

11 | Dallas, TX

11 Reviews for The Venue at 400 North Ervay

• Samantha

Samantha Guzman · Married on 06/10/2020

Book this venue! You won't regret it!

Working with Edith and Kat was a dream come true. They were both very responsive and worked with my budget without any judgement. They were always flexible and willing to accommodate any of our needs. Plus, the venue it pure magic. Getting married on the rooftop at sunset was absolutely perfect. Our guests kept commenting that it was like being in a movie, that's how beautiful the setting was.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Elyse · Married on 03/09/2018

My now husband and I fell in love with this wedding venue the moment we stepped into the doors. The building is beautiful and historic, and provides an amazing backdrop with very minimal decoration or enhancements necessary. Our guests were delighted and in awe of the rooftop, where we held our ceremony and cocktail hour. At first, we were a little concerned with traffic flow to/from the roof, as there is only one elevator, but it honestly wasn't an issue at all. There are some restrictions regarding enter and exit time, end time (noise - this is a residential building after all!), no open flames, but we didn't find them to be restrictive to the point of impeding on an amazing wedding day. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for city views or a historic venue.

Sent on 04/12/2018

Dani · Married on 01/01/2016

When we started our search for the perfect venue we found most venue managers couldn't be bothered to return our call or answer questions. Lauren Twitchell responded immediately, answered our questions and made us feel like they wanted us at their venue. She scheduled a site visit where we met her assistant Stacy and fell in love with venue and the entire team at The Venue @400 N. Ervay. They helped us plan and organize ourselves and gave great recommendations for other vendors.

We were married on New Years Day and had hoped for a rooftop ceremony with the reception in the courtroom. Two days before the wedding the forecast was just not in our corner so we emailed Lauren and told her move everything into the courtroom and our wedding could not have run any smoother. After the ceremony, we retired to the room adjacent to the courtroom where they had food waiting for us. Our guests enjoyed a cocktail hour (30 minutes) whiles the staff flipped the courtroom for the reception.

We had a group of about 90 and Lauren and Stacy made our wedding the best ever. Really! We continue to hear rave reviews from our family and friends about how good the food was and how beautiful the space was and how nice the staff was, right down to the security guards who walked guests to their cars! We cannot say enough about how happy we are with our decision and you will be too!

Sent on 01/29/2016

I loved, loved, loved our wedding in downtown Dallas at The Venue at 400 N Ervay....we had both ceremony and reception at the site in mid-December and it was absolutely stunning. The staff, led by Event Director Lauren Twichell, is top-notch and highly professional. We had about 130 guests and the space was perfect for that number - wouldn't have wanted to fit any more than that! The only downside to the space is the lack of air conditioning...even in December it got extremely warm. However, overall our experience was very positive!

Sent on 12/22/2015

Samantha · Married on 01/11/2014

We had our wedding reception at The Venue and it was absolutely fabulous. Kristin and her team are fantastic and they help you with everything - I had nothing to worry about on my wedding day because they took care of everything (e.g., setting everything up including my personal items, coordinating load-in with the vendors, packing everything up and loading it into my in-laws car). All of our guests have raved about the location and how beautiful and unique it was. The rooftop was perfect for our cocktail hour and our guests thought that was the perfect spot. The courtroom downstairs was gorgeous and was the perfect space for our 125 guests. The price is a little higher here when you first look, but trust me when I say that it is completely worth it. You absolutely get your value out of the money you spend, without a doubt.

Sent on 01/21/2014
  • Chandra

Chandra · Married on 09/17/2016

Absolutely loved the venue. I wanted something historic and this venue was perfect. It had such great character and was restored to perfection. It was nice to be able to combine the historic courtroom with the modern rooftop. Perfect mix of very different styles. Because you can use the Grand Hall, Courtroom and Rooftop, you've got several options for ceremony and reception. We held the ceremony on the rooftop, then down to the Courtroom for supper and back to the rooftop for dancing. There is a nice bridal suite attached to the courtroom but there are some issues with it. We had a great Event Captain (Enrique) who was so very helpful. There were issues with the satellite TV in the bridal suite but he worked tirelessly to get it up and running for us. He was so helpful in getting us anything we needed, in helping bring everything upstairs, answering questions, making sure we were well taken care of during the reception (we never wanted for a drink or bite to eat). Unfortunately, no one could find the key for him to unlock the door connecting the bridal suite and the bathroom. Some of the lights were out which wasn't a big deal but it was a bit of an inconvenience. There are windows so there's natural light but as the sun goes down, you need a little more artificial light and there wasn't much. There are also no mirrorsin the bridal suite. We had to go buy cheap ones from Target the day before to bring in for everyone to get ready. It wasn't a big expense but I think it would be pretty basic to at least have one full length mirror for the bride to make sure her dress is on right. Also, you can't get into the suite until around 3:00 so you'll be limited on time. You can make extra to have personnel there earlier to get in earlier but it's a little steep considering what you're already paying. All done and said, beautiful venue and I'd do it again.

Sent on 10/03/2016
  • nicole

nicole · Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing rooftop wedding

I loved having my wedding at the Venue at 400 N Ervay. We had cocktail hour in the courthouse and were able to fit 180 people on the rooftop for a seated dinner with a dance floor for the reception. It was great to have the courthouse as a reception back up plan, in case of bad weather. Edith was very responsive most of the time and extremely helpful, especially because I did not have a separate wedding planner. The only downside was that guests had trouble getting into the parking garage after the event. Parking is complimentary, which is a plus (guests get ticket validated at the end of the night), but apparently some guests ended up getting locked out of parking garage. I still would not have changed the venue for anything else! They are priced competitively compared to other venues in Downtown.

Sent on 05/15/2019

4.2
      3.0

The venue at 400 north ervay is a beautiful venue and you can't get a better environment than it. The only downfall I would say is the staff that run the venue and their responsiveness, but that is where a wedding coordinator would be helpful. All in all, the venue with it's look and layout is worth every penny!

Sent on 10/12/2014

Landon Hood · Married on 08/10/2019

Would Reccommend

You cannot beat the atmosphere on the roof of 400 N Ervay. All of our guests were blown away and are still talking about how awesome the venue and overall experience was.

Sent on 10/21/2019

Kelcie · Married on 11/05/2016

2.6
      2.5
      3.5
      1.0
      3.0

I loved this venue as soon as I saw it. I was a little bit vintage and a little bit modern. Overall it was a great space to have hosted my wedding ceremony and reception. It is a beautiful venue in the middle of downtown Dallas with amazing views. There are only a few complaints to mention. Some of the staff was hard to work with and contact. They had very strict times that you could be in the building and occupy certain locations in the building and if you went over the time or left a certain location, you would lose your deposit. They also gave us short notice on what time we would do our rehearsal (it ended up being at 1PM on a Friday, which was a little inconvenient). They also failed to provide certain requested drinks during the event that was promised to be available.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Barbara · Married on 02/18/2017

1.0
      1.5
      2.5
      0.5

The venue is beautiful. It will draw you in and we were lucky enough to be able to have our cocktail hour on the first floor, dinner in the court room, and dancing on the rooftop, all in the middle of February! So lucky to have a gorgeous weekend. Unfortunately the venue representative, Lauren Twitchell, was a nightmare to work with. Every time we met with her I felt she was nickel-and-diming us to death. She misrepresented the number of guests for the facility. We had 200 which DOES NOT WORK well in this venue. She was not flexible and simply responded that she had done this so many time before, not to worry about the logistics of getting our guests moving from one floor to another in one small elevator. I will say the food was delicious. However, they ran out of food and worse, they ran out of some alcohol. Running out of vodka at a wedding is absolutely unacceptable. Once the bartender became aware, he was not able to communicate with the person in charge that evening because they were busy breaking down tables in the court room while we were on the roof. Lauren had arrived early in the afternoon and was there just briefly. The bartenders also ran out of glasses and were serving guests in wine goblets. It was late in the evening and did not restock in time for our guests, which was an embarrassment to us as the host. Worse yet was Lauren tried to deny the deficiencies the following day until we were able to show documentation in the form of text messages. When we reached out to Lauren to make it right, she offered an insulting amount so we had to escalate the issue to her manager. He agreed it was their error and agreed to compensate but it took THREE follow up calls to get the check! I know this is a well-thought-of vendor and they probably do a great job most of the time. Their food is very good. But Lauren's unprofessionalism and FGF's failure to make it right without constant nagging left a poor taste in our mouths enough for me to post.

Sent on 04/25/2017

The Venue at 400 North Ervay's reply:

Hello Barbara, I appreciate your feedback and while we’ve had multiple conversations about the few mishaps that occurred on your daughter’s wedding day, I wanted to address them immediately here as well. You, your planner and your daughter were given a site tour and limitless revisions to your floorplan. We absolutely do events for 200+ guests often with success. I don’t believe there was anything about the size of our venue or the plan to move guests through our unique historic venue that wasn’t communicated. With regard to pricing, we pride ourselves on communicating all pricing on a detailed proposal that was prepared and submitted to you prior to booking. If there were charges you felt were unfair along the way, we would have welcomed your feedback. We were made aware of the shortage of vodka which occurred in the last 45 minutes of your daughter’s wedding and took responsibility and apologized. My manager and I discussed a proposal for how to compensate you for this mistake which was presented. From there, we understand that you didn’t feel our offer was fair and my manager and we edited our offer to your liking. You are correct in that we are a larger company and do great work for lots of our clients! With that said, our check request and mailing process can sometimes take a little time to resolve and we are sorry it took a little longer than anticipated. It’s disappointing to hear that you were left with a poor taste in your mouth after your planning process as I made every effort to answer every e-mail, question and phone call as quickly as possible and work as a team with you, your family and your wedding planner. I believe that some communication with your planner caused a challenge for us to perform at our best as a caterer and venue.
    With that said, we would welcome your future business and would hope to change your perspective on The Venue at 400 N. Ervay and make you as happy as the hundreds of other clients we work with every year.