The Vacaville Opera House Reviews

21 | Vacaville, CA

21 Reviews for The Vacaville Opera House

21 The Vacaville Opera House Reviews

Seriously…just book this place now and be done searching. It's beautiful, easy to find (very close to I-80 in Vacaville, CA), and the staff is awesome. I had my wedding reception here in August of 2015. Instead of a traditional reception (which they are VERY experienced in handling), I had a theatrical production. The Opera House staff was not only helpful, they encouraged my creativity and worked seamlessly with me and my wedding planner/stage manager. They also never lost patience with me when I kept changing the seating arrangements! AND you don't have to decorate. AT ALL. It is so beautiful all on it's own. I bought flowers for the buffet tables and centerpieces, but that's it. No decor needed. The chandeliers, mantle, exposed brick, tall windows, etc speak for themselves.

Sent on 11/21/2015

The Vacaville Opera House's reply:

Becky, Thank you so much for your kind words! Your wedding reception was so amazing and we love looking back at the photos from your evening! So much fun and such amazing talent your friends have! You were amazing to work with and we all wish you a lifetime of happiness! Thank you! Sandra & Nicole

Elizabeth · Married on 04/04/2015

Awesome experience all around! Staff very helpful and helped make the day absolutely perfect!

amazing customer service and they had so many decorations that I was able to use. No complications on my wedding day. Everyone commented on how elegant the decor is.

Teresa · Married on 09/16/2014

The staff was so amazing with a one week notice wedding. They provided us with quality service and great care to our guests. Thank you all for a Beautiful night for the Bride and Groom.

Amanda · Married on 09/05/2014

Staff was all very helpful and I am so happy with how smoothly my wedding went! Thank you!

Heather · Married on 09/28/2013

Sandra and her team were absolutely amazing from the beginning to the end of our wedding. They responded to my emails quickly and efficiently answering any questions or concerns I had. We met a few times before hand for walk throughs discussing timelines and details of the reception which they gave us multiple options for layout, linens, table top decorations, lighting and worked with our vendors to ensure there were no hiccups the day of.
    They are the prime example of an experienced event team which is exactly what you want on your wedding day, our wedding was seamless and beyond what we ever imagined and we owe it all to the Opera House!

I loved this place. I can't say enough how awesome this place was. The people were great and It was the perfect day. I did a vintage theme and it was perfect. You can't go wrong and the price was very reasonable.

Sarah · Married on 08/02/2013

Loved everyone that helped me. Sandra and nicole were very professional and very flexible. I was all over and they helped me with what I was trying to say. They were amazing, I had ideas that wouldn't work there so they helped me with something that I ended up liking more.. Our wedding was perfect, thanks!!

Aubree · Married on 10/07/2012

We held our wedding reception here and I am so glad we did! The Opera House staff were so friendly and easy to work with. They helped us in any way they could and made our day go very smoothly. Our reception was so beautiful and I am so glad they had the exact color table clothes that we needed! I highly recommend the Opera House for any event and I am sure I will be using them again in the future!

carla · Married on 08/11/2012

Absolutely amazing ... The service was magnificent and the staff is truly kind and professional ... I would use the Vacaville Opera House again in a heart beat ...

Joanne · Married on 06/24/2012

The Vacaville Opera House was the perfect venue for our intimate destination wedding. During our first meeting with Sandra Over and the decorator, Chris De Rego, we booked
    our special day. They understood our dilemma of being bi-coastal, the untraditional flare we were seeking, but still keeping it small and intimate. Due to the time differences of the west coast (venue), the mid-west (groom), and the east coast (bride), most communication was through e-mail. As our day approached, we needed flexibility when scheduling our rehearsal due to the varied arrivals of the wedding party. When our day was finally here, and we entered the Opera House, it was more beautiful than either of us could imagine. The professionalism of the Opera House staff was evident every step of the way, from the start to the final production.

Kimberly · Married on 05/05/2012

I can't not recommend the Opera House highly enough for your event! My husband and I got married there on May 5th 2012. The Opera house was the first venue we looked out for our wedding and everything else we saw paled in comparison! The chandeliers, the brick work and the beautiful wood floor makes decorating a breeze.

We were so impressed with Carol, Patty, Chris and everyone else we worked with there. They were so attentive to details and had a "we will make it happen" attitude! They were so nice my family is still talking about them. We were even allowed to come check out the building several times to match fabrics or work out our set up. They were extremely accommodating to all our wishes!

The value for your money is incredible! Look no further if you are getting married anywhere in the area because you will not find a more beautiful place at a more reasonable price!

All our guest kept saying how beautiful the room was and how nice the staff is. Our wedding day was amazing the the Opera House helped make it the best day of our lives!

Tara · Married on 10/15/2011

Sandra and her staff at the Vacaville Opera House were wonderful. Everytime I called with a question (and I had a lot!) I was treated kindly and got answers quickly. The venue is soooo pretty and we had the best experience. I can't recommend it enough.

Sent on 11/11/2011

The Vacaville Opera House's reply:

Thank you so much for your review and kind words. The staff here at The Opera House throughly enjoyed working with you and your husband. We all fought over who was going to work that night because we all knew it was going to be so much fun! Sincerely, The Vacaville Opera House Staff

Rhema · Married on 10/10/2014

My experience with all the ladies here has been nothing short of amazing and oh so helpful.... And my wedding day hasn't even happened. Everything from the first initial contacts down to our final payment and dealing with my mom and I's picky details... They have been spectacular!
    The only reason for me, why I couldn't pull myself to to give them 5 complete stars, is due to the historic nature of the building we were not able add decor that we want to walls. There are some restrictions as for caterers, which is understandable, don't let that hold you back, they offer so much more than what they state. Love them!!

Ronda · event on: 12/16/2011

I have used the Opera House for my company events since 2000. The recent changes they have made has made the venue WAY more professional. Their responsiveness has improved 10 fold and their new AV System rocks. I plan to book them again for my events in 2012.

The only slight glitch was our center pieces. They were beautiful but I was expecting something from a florist that I could give away to my guests and these were not that. Just a miss communication I am sure but something for me to pay attention to in the future.

This is a awesome vender I was very happy with it!

Everyone I worked with at Opera House was knowledgeable and very helpful. They were so sweet and caring. It was a pleasure planning my wedding with them. The venue is gorgeous as well.

• Hilary

Hilary · Married on 01/20/2012

3.5

Very comfortable and classy place. Loved every second of having our wedding here on a very rainy day :)

Ariana · Married on 08/02/2014

3.5

I live in Oklahoma City, and choose the Vacaville opera house for our vacaville wedding because of recommendations from my family!! I am so glad we choose this venue! From start to finish, patty made sure everything was taken care of on our wedding day! I was worried about the details because we had planned everything from so far away, however everything came out beautifully! It was the least stressful day ever! Not only that, but everything was so beautiful!!! The ONLY issue we had was responsiveness. Some times it would take a day or 2 to call or email me back. Looking back though, I would definitely still have had our wedding there!

Sent on 09/24/2014

The Vacaville Opera House's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! :) We appreciate all the kind things you said about the Opera House and our staff. I apologize that you felt that we did not respond to you quickly sometimes. We do try our hardest to get back to our clients as soon as possible. We are in our office Monday thru Friday from 9-4 and our brides are our priority. :) You truly were a wonderful bride to work with and I appreciate that! :) We wish you a lifetime of happiness! :) Thank you! Nicole

S · Married on 07/15/2012

They were awesome at the Opera House. Love that so many things were included in the price instead of having so many "add ons" that other vendors had.

Melissa · Married on 05/19/2012

3.0

This venue was so gorgeous in our photos. The elegeant chandaliers are beautiful. The staff was very easy to get a hold of and answered all my questions. Compared to other venues, the cost was well worth it. Very flexible with what we wanted for our special day. Looks much better in person. Pictures do not do justice!