Ultimate Caterer Reviews

96 | Marlboro, NJ

96 Reviews for Ultimate Caterer

Katie Ness · Married on 03/15/2020

Great food and flexibility

Ed was great! They food was really good and they were super flexible during the pandemic situation. All of the servers were very nice and professional. Just make sure to underestimate how many guests you will have because once you tell them a number you cannot change it even if they tell you that you can!

Sent on 04/21/2020

Daniel Freire · Married on 01/02/2020

Fantastic Experience!

Alan was so helpful and proactive throughout our entire time working with him. It was fantastic not to have to chase him when I needed answers or had questions.

We used Ultimate as catering for our wedding. The food was station style, which I was previously not excited by. But the food was FAR beyond my expectations and the staff did an excellent job of serving everyone quickly. If Ultimate could blow me away with station style, I am sure they can nail any catering needs. Alan also made sure I had a drink in my hand throughout the night!

Sent on 03/21/2020
  • Audrey

Audrey Sheeley · Married on 12/08/2019

Tons of compliments

Alan was so responsive and awesome! He put me at ease right away. The wedding was better than I could’ve imagined and the food was excellent. Everyone complimented us on the wedding, the service, and the food. They were so attentive to us and always made sure the bride and groom were happier than happy.

Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Danielle

Danielle Newman · Married on 11/09/2019

An Ultimate Wedding Experience

From the minute we had our first phone call with Alan to the end of our wedding, we had the best experience with Ultimate Caterers. They were extremely accommodating and creative and helped us plan a menu that would truly be memorable for our guests. To this day I still get rave reviews about the variety of stations at the cocktail hour, the quality of the steak at our dinner, and the fun after party foods like pretzels and chicken fingers! Alan was also able to create the cake of our dreams. Throughout the night he would come over to us and ask whether we needed a cocktail or whether we needed more food or anything else! He truly made the night seamless and he was an absolute pleasure to work with. Wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 12/18/2019
  • Allison

Allison Garbarino · Married on 11/01/2019

Absolutely amazing

My wedding venue dropped the ball and told me TWO WEEKS before my wedding that the in-house chef was no longer with them. I was sent a list of 3 different caterers, Ultimate Caterers being one of them. I called them all and no one put my manic-stress at ease quite like Alan and his team. My guests are still talking about the food 2 months later. My dad even put them in his speech, thanking them for executing such an amazing menu and service when they only had 2 weeks to prepare. I cannot praise them enough.

Sent on 12/27/2019

Melanie · Married on 10/13/2019

Truly the Ultimate Caterers - Thank You Alan & team!!

I wish we could give 6 stars, honestly. Alan & team were an absolute dream to work with from beginning to end. If you are getting married at the Art Factory in Paterson, NJ - there's really no one else who can do it like Ultimate Caterers. Their station set-up, food design, and service all match PERFECTLY with the vibe of venue. To give an example, our cheese, cracker & crudite station were draped with giant wooden picture frames and beautiful flowers & greenery. The team worked with us to put together an endless list of hor d'oeuvres/tapas style bites that went around the entire night. Highlights were the Romanian Meatballs, Chicken Satay, Sesame Noodles, Peter Luger Sliders, & the sushi were all really great (didn't eat a ton, as we were too busy dancing)! Most important thing to note, is that we had to switch caterers less than 3 weeks before the event, due to some unforeseen circumstances. Alan & team picked things right up, improved on everything we already had planned, and executed it to perfection! What more could we possibly ask for? Nothing. Thanks again to everyone at Ultimate Caterers.

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Liz

Liz Kingsley · Married on 08/05/2019

Alan Perl and Ultimate Caterer are the BEST!!

We got married last weekend (8/3/19), and one of the best decisions we made was to work with Alan Perl and his team at Ultimate Caterer. From the moment we initially emailed him to inquire about his availability, he responded to us with lightning speed and uncommon enthusiasm. Alan invited us to a tasting at our wedding venue, which gave us a preview of eating his inventive food on our big day. We made last minute guest list changes, and Alan was exceedingly accommodating. At our wedding, I was amazed that every time I turned around, Alan was right there offering me something to eat or drink. He was attentive, omnipresent, and so excited for us. A true expert. Alan provided a variety of unique and delicious food (be sure to request his poke bowl station and beautiful, rich cupcake cake) to our friends and families who had been anticipating our wedding for over ten years. We felt completely taken care of from the minute we met him and can't wait for the occasion to work together again.

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Dallas

Dallas · Married on 07/26/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!!

Alan, you are your team are undeniably amazing. Your attention to detail coupled with your expertise and passion, made it an absolute joy and pleasure to work with you. I can honestly say, because of your ease and reassurance, I was truly was a stress free bride. Now on to the food, OMG, let’s see, delicious, mouth watering, scrumptious, unbelievable and yes I could go on and on and on. Now it’s one thing to have amazing food, and its another when the presentation of the food takes it too another level. My husband and I opted for the never ending cocktail hours for our reception, this included hours of passed Hors d'oeuvre. Our family and friends are not only saying it was the best wedding they had ever been too, but it was also some of the best food they have ever had.
    If you want amazing service with equally amazing food, Alan and his team are the choice to make.
    Alan, my husband and I cannot thank you and your entire team for the best day of our lives. You are the best!!!

Sent on 08/25/2019
  • James

James Cleaver · Married on 03/11/2019

Truly the Ultimate Experience

Used Ultimate Caterers for our wedding at the James Ward Mansion, and could not have been more pleased. Thoughtful guidance the whole way through the process and great execution the day of are the hallmarks here, no to mention everyone raved about the food. My Maitre'd Heather killed it for us, making sure we were fed and everyone was happy and even gathering up all the little knick knacks at the end. Thanks again Alan and everyone at Ultimate Caterer's for making our day that much better.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Jane Laitman · Married on 02/09/2019

Highly recommended!

Alan Perl and the Ultimate Caterer staff did a phenomenal job for my son’s bar mitzvah. Working with Alan was so easy. He answered all of my phone calls and emails promptly- no request was too big or too small. He was extremely accommodating for guests with food allergies/sensitivities. The food was absolutely delicious. I highly recommend this company!

Sent on 02/12/2019

L M G · Married on 12/13/2018

Amazing Corporate Event

We hired these guys for our corporate event and they were absolutely FANTASTIC! Alan and his team were absolutely amazing!! Would definitely hire them in a heart beat!!! Five stars from me, for sure!!!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Sharissa Barnett · Married on 10/22/2018

SO Happy! Food is Ahhhmazing ...

It was a complete pleasure working with Alan and his team during our largest annual Fundraising event. They were very professional and easy to work with from the start to end. Their innovative approach to layout, style and readiness to work shows in the quality of service. A week later - The staff and attendees are still raving about how great all of the food was during the event. Their approach is very innovative, fresh and modern. Loved working with this team - Have no complaints and would definitely book them again (and suggest) them for future events.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Vida · Married on 07/01/2018

I booked The Ultimate Caterer for my wedding which took place July 1st, 2018. I only had 2 months to plan this wedding so when i tell you that Alan and his team from the Ultimate Caterer was a Godsend, I am not exaggerating at all! Planning a wedding is super stressful, especially when you have a tight budget AND very limited time! However, with Alan I felt super comfortable leaving a lot of things in his hands. He was prompt to reply to my emails and phone calls and really took the time to listen to everything the groom and I had to say. Anyway, get ready for an epic review!

The food was DELICIOUS! The selections provided by the Ultimate Caterer were incredibly vast and overwhelming, but Alan walked us through everything on the menu and we got to try a good portion of the food being served. Everything was served to perfection, especially the appetizers & desserts!

Alan and his team not only provided us excellent food, but also excellent service! Even during the wedding planning, Alan made sure I had the right linens (dusty rose) for my wedding. I believe he went out of his way to buy the right color for us. He also added his own touches when it came to decorating. When Alan found out we were having a Star Wars themed wedding he brought in one of his personal collections (a giant bust of C3PO to decorate the food display)! He also made sure our cake came out beautifully and definitely pulled out the stops to make sure our Star Wars cake was going to be the wedding cake of our dreams!

Lastly, I never once stressed about the food or the service. The team at the Ultimate Caterer made sure my guests were well attended to. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Jason · Married on 10/06/2017

Alan did a great job with our wedding. The food was great and he really went out of his way during or special moment to make sure that everything went smoothly. He also accommodated us with a special menu request that everyone loved. From the cocktail hour to the end of the night, everything was amazing. We would highly recommend Ultimate Caterers and their services. The food was amazing and the staff did a wonderful job.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Ramos · Married on 08/04/2017

I worked with Allan and his team for our wedding and he helped make it perfect.

Sent on 08/14/2017

Danielle · Married on 06/02/2017

When you hear the expression save the best for last, it's true for my fiance and I to describe the final tasting to select a caterer for our wedding at the Camden County Boathouse coming this spring! Called Alan to set up a time for a tasting and he could not have been more accommodating! We were able to take a peak into the room to see the set up and met some his staff. Can't say enough about how professional and nice they all were! But hands down the food and presentation was amazing. Still talking about how delicious the food was! After all the tastings, we went to them all, first bit my fiance said this is it! Excited to meet soon to finalize the plans for our wedding soon!

Sent on 02/01/2017

john · Married on 10/01/2016

Alan and team are amazing. Ultimate catered our at home wedding this year, they are truly a one stop shop. They have relationships with vendors for anything you might need. They are a very professional group and execute very well. They are very attentive to all the guests and truly set up a spectacular venue. AND the food is awesome. There have many choices for you to create your menu and it is all very good. I highly recommend Ultimate Caterers.

Sent on 11/10/2016
  • JoRocka

Jo · Married on 09/16/2016

After a cancelled venue- we had to search out a new location, new vendor and essentially a whole new plan for the wedding. The James Ward Mansion was a really lovely venue we found that is exclusively served by the Ultimate Caterers.
    Alan was extremely helpful and worked with us on all the little details we requested changed. The tasting was brilliant- and gave us a lot of excitement for the wedding itself!

Tom and Victor were a great team running the show the day of.. .They made sure I had appetizers and drinks and I was one of the first to get fed. We had an tablet set up for music and it worked AMAZINGLY in the on site sound system and the team worked to make sure we got it plugged in with absolutely NO issues.

My only complaint would be the room warmed up and we couldn't get it cooled off- so it was a little warm by the time we finished the evening and the bar tender had a tip jar out which I would have not have preferred but missed the window to correct- so I half blame myself.

But all the staff was brilliant- the displays and arrangements were great. The food was as we requested- the steak was good and NOT OVER COOKED PRAISE JESUS HALLELUJAH.
    We worked with the staff to break down the tables and got everything packed up in a timely and efficient manner.

Very much a "set it and forget it" vendor- directions were given- decisions made and that was it- and it was great. I knew I was safe and if there was an issue -it would be handled. I didn't have to worry once about the quality of service and was deeply pleased with our choice to have our wedding there and served by the Ultimate Caterers. I would absolutely recommend them and use them again if I needed an event catered.

I honestly had a great time and I had many compliments on beautiful venue and the amazing food. I couldn't have had a better event. Thank you so much for a beautiful wedding!!!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Colleen · Married on 05/21/2016

My husband and I cannot thank Alan Perl and Ultimate Caterers enough for their excellent service, planning and professionalism throughout the entire wedding planning process. From the beginning Alan was there to answer all of my questions and work around any specials needs that we had. He was immensely helpful during the whole planning process for the reception and even worked around my busy work schedule to meet and discuss the event. Ultimate Caterers handled all of the logistics and set-up for the event seamlessly, these are people you want in your corner on your big day! My guests have gone out of their way to mention how delicious the food was and how exceptional the service was during the event, people are still raving about the brisket and salmon! Our Maitre D, Joe, was excellent and handled any requests we had with grace. Ultimate Caterers handled the bar for our reception, and there was hardly ever a line! Their service was efficient even when many of my guests were drinking mixed drinks. In short, I could not be happier with my choice to go with Ultimate Caterers for our wedding, the pricing was right (affordable), the food was EXCELLENT, and the service was above and beyond what we could have expected. Thank you Alan and Ultimate Caterers!

Sent on 06/01/2016
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 04/02/2016

I am so happy that I used Ultimate Caterer for my son's Bris.
    Alan was exrtremely pleasant and helpful on the phone when I was first firguring out what I wanted. I had called one place prior to calling ultimate cateter and they were so rude, that I was so pleasantly suprised when I made my next call to Alan and found the complete opposite.

Alan was in touch with me after I had the baby and made me feel confident that everything would go smoothly on his end. It can be very nerve racking to plan a party in a weeks time.

My party started at 1 PM, my parents got there maybe an hour or so earlier and called to tell me Alan and his crew were already there and the set was perfect. They did the linens and silverware o the table. The food set was up amazing, he even threw in a couple extra dish which I did not expect.

We were thrilled with his services, my guest were happy and the party was lovely!

Sent on 12/08/2017

Ultimate Caterer provided the best menu and service at the best price of the several caterers we contacted. Alan was extremely flexible as we negotiated the "extras" available. He was Easily contacted by phone or email and responded promptly to questions and requests. The personnel who worked our wedding were professional, attentive, and were so kind to the bride, groom, family and our guests. Tom, the maitre' d, was so organized and Pam, the Captain, added her personal touch. We couldn't be more pleased with how our event was conducted. If you want fabulous unique food, ease in planning, and professional supervision of every detail of your event, do not hesitate to contact Ultimate Caterers.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Henry · Married on 06/21/2014

Alan and his team were fantastic. The food and service was top notch. If you are doing a wedding in NJ, you should not even think twice about using Ultimate Caterers!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Ultimate Caterer took care of everything for our wedding from set up to clean up. The food was delicious talked about for weeks after the event!!!

Sent on 06/18/2014

Terence · Married on 09/14/2013

I was my own wedding planner. If you can afford to not be, don't. I had a tight budget and a lot of bumps in the road. But every time an issue came up The Ultimate Caterer had my back. Alan works with your budget and does so much more than cook your food. The food is awesome, the service is even better and if you want your party to be over the top, give them a ring.

Thank you Jennifer, Alan, Kim, and Jaimie for all you did.
    Terry Monaghan