77 Reviews for The Ultimate Caterer

House Wine (1)
House Liquor (1)
Premium Liquor (1)
Tables (1)

I booked The Ultimate Caterer for my wedding which took place July 1st, 2018. I only had 2 months to plan this wedding so when i tell you that Alan and his team from the Ultimate Caterer was a Godsend, I am not exaggerating at all! Planning a wedding is super stressful, especially when you have a tight budget AND very limited time! However, with Alan I felt super comfortable leaving a lot of things in his hands. He was prompt to reply to my emails and phone calls and really took the time to listen to everything the groom and I had to say. Anyway, get ready for an epic review!

The food was DELICIOUS! The selections provided by the Ultimate Caterer were incredibly vast and overwhelming, but Alan walked us through everything on the menu and we got to try a good portion of the food being served. Everything was served to perfection, especially the appetizers & desserts!

Alan and his team not only provided us excellent food, but also excellent service! Even during the wedding planning, Alan made sure I had the right linens (dusty rose) for my wedding. I believe he went out of his way to buy the right color for us. He also added his own touches when it came to decorating. When Alan found out we were having a Star Wars themed wedding he brought in one of his personal collections (a giant bust of C3PO to decorate the food display)! He also made sure our cake came out beautifully and definitely pulled out the stops to make sure our Star Wars cake was going to be the wedding cake of our dreams!

Lastly, I never once stressed about the food or the service. The team at the Ultimate Caterer made sure my guests were well attended to. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Profile Picture Vida, 7/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Alan did a great job with our wedding. The food was great and he really went out of his way during or special moment to make sure that everything went smoothly. He also accommodated us with a special menu request that everyone loved. From the cocktail hour to the end of the night, everything was amazing. We would highly recommend Ultimate Caterers and their services. The food was amazing and the staff did a wonderful job.

Profile Picture Jason, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I worked with Allan and his team for our wedding and he helped make it perfect.

Profile Picture Ramos, 8/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Kosher, Vegetarian, Chairs, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, American

When you hear the expression save the best for last, it's true for my fiance and I to describe the final tasting to select a caterer for our wedding at the Camden County Boathouse coming this spring! Called Alan to set up a time for a tasting and he could not have been more accommodating! We were able to take a peak into the room to see the set up and met some his staff. Can't say enough about how professional and nice they all were! But hands down the food and presentation was amazing. Still talking about how delicious the food was! After all the tastings, we went to them all, first bit my fiance said this is it! Excited to meet soon to finalize the plans for our wedding soon!

Profile Picture Danielle , 6/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

After a cancelled venue- we had to search out a new location, new vendor and essentially a whole new plan for the wedding. The James Ward Mansion was a really lovely venue we found that is exclusively served by the Ultimate Caterers.
Alan was extremely helpful and worked with us on all the little details we requested changed. The tasting was brilliant- and gave us a lot of excitement for the wedding itself!

Tom and Victor were a great team running the show the day of.. .They made sure I had appetizers and drinks and I was one of the first to get fed. We had an tablet set up for music and it worked AMAZINGLY in the on site sound system and the team worked to make sure we got it plugged in with absolutely NO issues.

My only complaint would be the room warmed up and we couldn't get it cooled off- so it was a little warm by the time we finished the evening and the bar tender had a tip jar out which I would have not have preferred but missed the window to correct- so I half blame myself.

But all the staff was brilliant- the displays and arrangements were great. The food was as we requested- the steak was good and NOT OVER COOKED PRAISE JESUS HALLELUJAH.
We worked with the staff to break down the tables and got everything packed up in a timely and efficient manner.

Very much a "set it and forget it" vendor- directions were given- decisions made and that was it- and it was great. I knew I was safe and if there was an issue -it would be handled. I didn't have to worry once about the quality of service and was deeply pleased with our choice to have our wedding there and served by the Ultimate Caterers. I would absolutely recommend them and use them again if I needed an event catered.

I honestly had a great time and I had many compliments on beautiful venue and the amazing food. I couldn't have had a better event. Thank you so much for a beautiful wedding!!!

Profile Picture Jo, 9/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, American, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Stations, Bartender(s), Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

My husband and I cannot thank Alan Perl and Ultimate Caterers enough for their excellent service, planning and professionalism throughout the entire wedding planning process. From the beginning Alan was there to answer all of my questions and work around any specials needs that we had. He was immensely helpful during the whole planning process for the reception and even worked around my busy work schedule to meet and discuss the event. Ultimate Caterers handled all of the logistics and set-up for the event seamlessly, these are people you want in your corner on your big day! My guests have gone out of their way to mention how delicious the food was and how exceptional the service was during the event, people are still raving about the brisket and salmon! Our Maitre D, Joe, was excellent and handled any requests we had with grace. Ultimate Caterers handled the bar for our reception, and there was hardly ever a line! Their service was efficient even when many of my guests were drinking mixed drinks. In short, I could not be happier with my choice to go with Ultimate Caterers for our wedding, the pricing was right (affordable), the food was EXCELLENT, and the service was above and beyond what we could have expected. Thank you Alan and Ultimate Caterers!

Profile Picture Colleen, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, American, Chairs

I am so happy that I used Ultimate Caterer for my son's Bris.
Alan was exrtremely pleasant and helpful on the phone when I was first firguring out what I wanted. I had called one place prior to calling ultimate cateter and they were so rude, that I was so pleasantly suprised when I made my next call to Alan and found the complete opposite.

Alan was in touch with me after I had the baby and made me feel confident that everything would go smoothly on his end. It can be very nerve racking to plan a party in a weeks time.

My party started at 1 PM, my parents got there maybe an hour or so earlier and called to tell me Alan and his crew were already there and the set was perfect. They did the linens and silverware o the table. The food set was up amazing, he even threw in a couple extra dish which I did not expect.

We were thrilled with his services, my guest were happy and the party was lovely!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/2/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Kosher, Buffet

Ultimate Caterer provided the best menu and service at the best price of the several caterers we contacted. Alan was extremely flexible as we negotiated the "extras" available. He was Easily contacted by phone or email and responded promptly to questions and requests. The personnel who worked our wedding were professional, attentive, and were so kind to the bride, groom, family and our guests. Tom, the maitre' d, was so organized and Pam, the Captain, added her personal touch. We couldn't be more pleased with how our event was conducted. If you want fabulous unique food, ease in planning, and professional supervision of every detail of your event, do not hesitate to contact Ultimate Caterers.

Profile Picture User5504627, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Alan and his team were fantastic. The food and service was top notch. If you are doing a wedding in NJ, you should not even think twice about using Ultimate Caterers!

Profile Picture Henry, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Ultimate Caterer took care of everything for our wedding from set up to clean up. The food was delicious talked about for weeks after the event!!!

Profile Picture User4184789, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

I was my own wedding planner. If you can afford to not be, don't. I had a tight budget and a lot of bumps in the road. But every time an issue came up The Ultimate Caterer had my back. Alan works with your budget and does so much more than cook your food. The food is awesome, the service is even better and if you want your party to be over the top, give them a ring.

Thank you Jennifer, Alan, Kim, and Jaimie for all you did.
Terry Monaghan

Profile Picture Terence, 9/14/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Alan Perl, the owner, provided me with everything from beginning to end. I wanted a tent affair which required everything from the tent to the tables, chairs, linens, lighting, delicious food, incredible staff. It was an amazing affair that took place without any glitches because of "The Ultimate Caterer"! I highly recommend them for anyone needing to plan an event.

Profile Picture Pamela, 5/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

Alan,
Thank you for doing such a superior job on my daughter's wedding. Your staff was creative, courteous and a delight to work with. We appreciate the "above and beyond" effort that you and your staff provided and would highly recommend you to anyone looking to produce a First Class affair.
Shawn Reiser, Fair Haven, NJ

Profile Picture Shawn, 11/24/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My daughter was left in a dilema when her caterer backed out of the wedding 3 weeks before the event. We were introduced to Alan and "Ultimate Caterer" by our venue...Ultimate Caterer and the staff understood the stress and pressure we were under and stepped up to the plate..They were kind, compassionate, efficient, and produced a wedding event that was perfect. I can never thank them enough and highly reccommend them to anyone who is looking for first class professionals.
Qualties that stood out:
Outstanding and professional.
Listened to needs and provided.
Always responded to phone calls and inquiries.
Staff was attentive.
Food was high quality.

Profile Picture Deb, 6/9/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

I was the wedding planner for a bride who got married on June 8th. The bride previously had another caterer in place, but was highly displeased with the service she was recieving there, so three months before the wedding we switched to Ultimate.
Alan and his staff accomodated us in every way possible, especially given the short time frame.
As a vendor, I was extremely pleased that Alan allowed me to partake in the tasting along with the bride and her sister. I also recieved a full vendor meal that was delicious! On the day, the staff was attentive and helpful - going above and beyond by helping us to decorate the space as well as set up everything.
I will definitely recommend Ultimate to any bride looking for an easy-to-work-with caterer and delicious food!

Profile Picture Anna, 6/8/12, 2 Reviews

Hi Alan,

Thank you so much for our fabulous Kiddush on April 21st. The displays were unique and your attention to detail was much appreciated. In addition, your staff was friendly and very attentive. The salads were fresh and tasty and the smoked salmon and whitefish were extremely fresh and yummy! We received many compliments on the food and how delicious it was. My daughter especially liked the chocolate covered marshmallows and I quote, “OMG…that cupcake tower was the bomb!”

We can’t thank you enough and look forward to working with you in a couple of years at our son’s party!

Best,
Amy

Profile Picture Amy, 4/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I can not thank Alan Perl and his team enough for the wonderful evening we had on our wedding day!!! They made it all come together and were so easy to work with!

We were married at an amazing and historical location, the Loews Theater in Jersey City, NJ. The theater is magical to say the least...but its also quite hard to find a caterer to work in a facility that has no kitchen. I contacted the Ultimate Caterer in hopes that they could work under those conditions and luckily for me, they were familiar with the theater and the staff there. We were given a quote and their prices were very reasonable for our small reception. The beauty of the Ultimate Caterer is that they handle EVERYTHING. When you're getting married in an empty space where nothing is provided, there are a TON of things that you have to think about...but they do it all for you! We met with Alan and went over the day and picked out all our menu, linens and rentals. We emailed a bunch and he was always very prompt to get back to me. Never once making me feel like I was asking too much or worrying too much.

I planned and diy'ed A LOT of the elements for our wedding day. They set everything up in no time and helped my group set up stuff that they didn't even have to do! Joe, Pat and the wait staff that night were AMAZING! I was constantly being offered food, drinks and was attended to if I asked for anything at all. It was SO nice to have someone there to really take care of us after going through all the stress of planning a wedding!

The one thing I had some trepidation about was the food. We never had a chance to get to one of their tastings...we pretty much booked them based on reputation/reviews and our gut feelings! I was SOOOOOO happy when I took my first bite of one of their mini rubens and mac n' cheese! YUMMY! The food was DELICIOUS and everyone loved it!!! They even packed up left overs which we ate that night back in our suite and the next day!

I am beyond thrilled with the way our wedding day turned out and it wouldn't have been the same without the Ultimate Caterer! Thank you again to Alan, Robin, Joe, Pat and their waitstaff! You made our wedding day a dream!!!

Profile Picture caridad, 4/14/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

Alan and his staff did a wonderful job. I was so happy that I had ending up going with them for my son's bar mitzvah. They were professional , attentive and went above and beyond to make sure my event was a success. Thank you so much....highly recommend them...

Profile Picture karen, 12/10/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The Ultimate Caterer in Marlboro, NJ is the BEST!

In my wedding search, I found The Ultimate Caterers website and inquired for more information. Within an hour I received a phone call from Jennifer at the Ultimate Caterer. She was very upbeat, polite and guided us in the right direction. With her help Joe and I found the perfect venue to get married. Jennifer was amazing, she meet us a couple times to look at the venue, she answered every phone call and every email. I love love love her!

Once we booked our venue we met Alan. Alan Perl is the President and Founder of Ultimate Caterer and he made our wedding day perfect, rain and all!!! He did everything possible to make us feel calm and secure. Alan walked me through all the little details like service, linens, cocktail tables, food, display stations and so on. Nothing was left out. The day of the wedding everything went off without a hitch! Alan has an amazing staff that is professional and remarkable. I was so impressed by our server Joe, no matter where we were he made sure we had a drink, he made sure we had enough appetizers, food and dessert! He was great.

Ultimate Caterer made our wedding better than I could dream of. If I had to do it all over again I would DEFINITELY select Ultimate Caterer! Alan, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the most amazing wedding I have ever been to. Friends and family are still talking about it along with the mini root beer floats! xo

Profile Picture Heather, 10/14/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant, Wedding Cake

The Ultimate Caterer did a fantastic job of helping coordinate my wedding. They were very responsive to all of my pre-wedding questions, and would return all phone calls and email requests in a timely manner. I would definitely use them in the future, and would recommend them to all my family and friends.

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/8/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake

Alan was fantastic! Even when I continuously changed the menu on him, he was completely flexible and willing to work with me to keep my budget on track. Throughout the evening, him and his staff were on the ball and were extremely professional. My company will definitely be using The Ultimate Caterer again in the future. Thanks Alan!!

Profile Picture Allison, 7/19/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Yet again, Alan and his team hit it out of the park! When we saw that Ultimate Caterer was one of the preferred caterers at our venue, we were excited. Alan has catered events for us before it was not even a question that we would go with him again. He was an ease to work with from the beginning and was constantly putting my mind at ease. He was quick to solve problems, even if the problem was not on his end initially!

The food...Oh my word the food was AMAZING! Six weeks later, I am still telling people about the best piece of salmon ever that I ate at my wedding. People just loved our cocktail hour (the last minute added lamp chops were just out of this world) and our cake looked great.

I would hands down hire Alan and Ultimate Caterers for any future affairs.

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/26/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our reception was completely coordinated from linens to menu to cake choice by Alan Perl and his crew and it was fabulous. George, our maitre'd was the nicest, most attentive host ever. The food displays were beautiful and the content even better, This is the third time my family has used The Ultimate Caterer and it wont be the last ! It was the best party ever, we cant thank everyone enough !

Profile Picture Rachelle, 6/19/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The Ultimate Caterer is the best and they put on amazing parties that have guests raving for weeks following any event! Alan Perl & the Ultimate Caterers have catered my wedding, my son's bris, my nieces Bat Mitzvah, my nephews Bar Mitzvah, new business opening and my sons Bar Mitzvah and they were all marvelous parties that always surpassed our expectations and had our guests marveling at the event they were lucky enough to be a part of. Alan is a true proffessional and produces fabulous events that not only feed your stomach but your head, your eyes and your quests for a great time. He handles everything from start to finish with a flair for the unique; from our first meeting we were handled expertly and with "kid gloves" from rentals to theme development to DJ's, photographers, florists, menu creation, staffing, site decoration, pro staffing, coordination and the actual party we were thrilled with it all. Most rercently The Ultimate Caterer produced our son's Bar Mitzvah in NYC and it was a marvelous event that had the most jaded Manhattanites shocked and amazed with the party they were privy to. It wasn't easy, we had a penthouse venue in NYC and Alan & his crew coordinated everything perfectly, we had a Surfing theme and the room was festooned with surf boards, boogie boards, flowers, palm trees, lifeguard stands, tiki huts, great lighting, candles and twinkle lights...it was gorgeous. The food was awsome, not only delicious but creative, plentifull & served beautifully and professionally; the hot food was hot & the cold food was cold. The staff was just great, they treated our guests truely as their guests, each & every request, and there were a lot, were handled promptly and pleasantly, the staff went above & beyond the call of duty to make our guests (and they are a picky group to deal with) happy and ready to party. From the first appetizer at cocktail hour to the last cup of coffee served our guests partied and were treated like "rock stars" and they all said if not THE best it was definitely in the top 5 Bar Mitzvahs they ever attended! Alan Perl & the Ultimate Caterers are the best caterers ever, any event they produced for us has always garnered new customers from the guests they served and I've recommended them to many friends & relatives over the years who were all gratefull to me for letting them know about them and thrilled with the events Alan & his team of experts created for them. I will always be gratefull to Alan Perl & his team for being there for us when we needed them most and for making the very important times of our lives unforgetable.

Profile Picture Stephen, 11/10/10, 1 Review