The Terrace Room Reviews

The Terrace Room 4
The Terrace Room 5

Maryanne · Married on 12/01/2018

Great venue!

The Terrace Room is a gem in the heart of Oakland that was the perfect venue for our wedding. The food was delicious (we chose the buffet option), the service was great (Candi Zamora, the coordinator was such a pleasure to work with!), and the location was the best part. Beautiful during both the day and night, the view of Lake Merritt was stunning through the big windows and added a unique touch to the restaurant. I also loved how the interior design and steel frames in the dining area added a hint of nostalgia.

It was the perfect venue for a party of 150 guests. It felt small enough to feel close with everyone, but still big enough where our guests did not feel cramped.

Candi the event coordinator was an absolute pleasure to work with. With always a gracious smile and positive attitude she was responsive, diligent, and accommodating to our requests.

Sent on 03/09/2019

Kristen · Married on 10/05/2018

Lovely reception venue

My husband and I had a beautiful wedding reception at the Terrace Room earlier this month. Candi and her team were great to work with and very responsive over email. The Terrace Room is beautifully located over Lake Merritt with lovely views, and the food was fantastic, which was really important to my husband and I. During our tasting, we met with the chef who was really eager to make sure the food was what we were looking for. Everything was delicious, from the appetizers, to the plated dinners. We felt that the pricing was quite reasonable for a reception venue, and it was great that the Terrace Room had everything we needed, from seating, to linens, and we didn't have to rent anything. We would definitely recommend the Terrace Room to other couples looking for a lovely wedding venue in Oakland.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Heather Gonzalez · Married on 09/29/2018

Enchanting venue, great service!

We celebrated our daughter's Quinceanera (which was much like planning our wedding!) at The Terrace Room in September 2018 and had the most beautiful, memorable event ever! Not only are the views breathtaking and the ambiance enchanting and elegant, we found the pricing to be reasonable in comparison to other venues we had considered. We had a wonderful experience from the start of the planning process to the execution of our event. The staff were friendly, helpful and went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect! We opted for The Terrace Room buffet and our guests raved about the food. The service was top notch too! If you are looking for a beautiful spot to host your wedding or special event, look no further than The Terrace Room!

The Terrace Room 6
    The Terrace Room 11
    The Terrace Room 12
    Sent on 02/20/2019

Jennifer · Married on 03/03/2018

I was married at the Terrace Room in March 2018 and I cannot say enough good things about working with their team. My guests also can't stop telling me what a great wedding it was. We partly selected them because when we were in early discussions and pursuing quotes their catering and events team were by far the most communicative and professional of all the venues we spoke with, which made them stand out to us, along with the beauty of the venue and the ease of all-in-one for food, tables, chairs, linens and venue space.

All of our meetings and discussions before the event were very smooth and service day-of was exceptional. I have never been at a wedding where food service was accomplished so speedily and professionally, no one was kept waiting for food which mean we had even more time than we hoped for dancing. I was very impressed with the quality of the food, and the chef was eager to please our guests with special dietary needs, including vegans, gluten-free, kosher and lactose-intolerant guests. The food was exceptional, and I was especially pleased our vegetarian guests enjoyed their dishes so much and didn't feel their meals were an afterthought. Bar service was also incredible, the bar tenders were friendly with our guests and kept everyone well topped-off. The premium cocktail package was well worth it with our group, and guests enjoyed the signature cocktails we planned with the bar, as well as working up other premium cocktails with the bartenders.

Beyond the amazing service, the venue itself is beautiful, we appreciated it needed minimal additional decoration, and the amazing views over Lake Merritt by day and night are incomparable.

I'm very glad I chose the Terrace Room, we had exactly the wedding we hoped for, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 03/21/2018

Janelle Christine · Married on 04/08/2017

My husband and I exchanged our vows here on Saturday, April 8, 2017. I could not be happier with the beauty of the venue or the efficiency of the staff. The event manager, Matt, made sure that our wedding program went off without a hitch. The catering managers, Tommy and Candi, made sure that the decor was perfect. The chef, Jack, had our guests saying, "The food was delicious," all night long. The bartenders kept our guests hydrated and deserved all of the tips that they were given.

If I could re-do our wedding day, I would choose The Terrace Room all over again. The view is gorgeous, both during the day and at night. The wall of windows lent our wedding the perfect amount of natural light. The decor is elegant and classic, perfect for a night time wedding reception. The lay out is so spacious that there is no issue navigating a room full of over 150 guests.

If you are looking for a place to host a party, I highly recommend working with The Terrace Room. They amazed me at every turn with their patience, accommodation, and knowledge of the wedding planning process. They made our wedding beautiful, organized, and perfect.

Sent on 05/08/2017

Katie · Married on 09/10/2016

I just had the wedding I have always dreamed of, and a large part of that was the Terrace Room. First off, the venue itself is beautiful. The decor sets a classy tone and the views of Lake Merritt create a perfect backdrop. Elizabeth and Matt made everything leading up to the wedding day about as easy as something like this can be. They walked us through everything that we needed to do, from the food tasting to the floor plan. Elizabeth checked in frequently as we got close to the date and was very flexible. And then they completely blew my mind on the day of. The staff was incredible, even my guests commented about how wonderful the waiters and bartenders were. Matt kept everything running smoothly and the food was great. We opted for the sundae bar which was a huge hit and I also highly recommend the ceviche appetizer which people just kept devouring. I highly recommend the Terrace Room to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 09/11/2016

s · Married on 05/26/2007

They were wonderful! They worked with us on everything and even gave us cost-cutting advice when we let them know how much we were trying to pay for everything. The venue was beautiful and perfect - so much of our family was from out of state and they were blown away by the view of Lake Merritt and all the deco glory of the space. They even worked through a staff change with us and worked really hard to make everything work.

Sent on 04/21/2009

Judy · Married on 09/30/2017

Our reception at the Terrace Room was amazing! The venue interior has a warm ambiance and beautiful architecture – we really didn’t have to do much in terms of decorating. It also has these floor-to-ceiling windows that gave our guests an incredible panoramic view of the lake. Our families raved how beautiful it was to see the orange glow of sunset and to also see the lake lit up by the necklace of lights that outline the water during the evening.

Working with Candi, Tommy, and Matt made the planning process convenient. They are all very friendly and always willing to help. They made sure we were always on the same page, provided very detailed explanations and walkthroughs, and always made themselves available. The chef also did a great job – he used quality fruits and vegetables, got the flavors just right, and was flexible enough to prepare special vegan meals for a few of our guests by request.

Sent on 02/21/2018

Lennies · Married on 11/10/2013

We recently had an amazing wedding at The Terrace Room in Oakland. I moved to the Oakland area over a year ago and we live very close to the venue. We would always see weddings and other parties taking place there and once my husband proposed we decided to check it out. Our first experience was a Sunday brunch. The view of Lake Merritt is amazing and the food was as well. Once we saw the affordable packages available for a wedding the decision was easy.

Elizabeth and her team were a delight to work with. If you are looking for a venue that really showcases the beauty of Oakland, The Terrace Room is an excellent choice. I will admit that when we had our tasting of entree options, I wasn't super impressed. For us, food wasn't the most important thing. Becuase of the view, the quality of the service, and the price, we were very happy with our choice. I'm also happy to report that our guests were very satisfied with the food, appetizers, and the service. Parking can be an issue. Just let your guests know ahead of time to park early. The venue also has recommendations on valet services.

The only other reason I did not give the venue a full five stars, was becuase we had to have our rehearsal early the day before the wedding, instead of in the afternoon. (They had another wedding booked the day before).

Thanks again to The Terrace Room for helping make our special day a memorable one!

Sent on 11/22/2013

3.5

Beautiful venue, everything went off without a hitch on the day of (and the day before).

Sent on 09/24/2013

Helen · Married on 10/10/2015

1.8
      1.0
      2.0

Had my wedding ceremony and reception here. Overall, if I could do it all over again, I would have picked a different location.
    Pros: affordable, view of lake at night, ceremony and reception in one location, internal catering
    Cons: not flexible with wedding rehearsal time/day, so-so tasting food (thought food was bad during tasting but too late to change venue), no bridal suite (only had a room until 7pm), street parking only, old building, photos not great because of venue lighting/decor, was told they would upgrade chairs but never did, needed only wedding coordinator

Sent on 01/27/2017