The Tanglewood Club Reviews

14 | Chagrin Falls, OH

14 Reviews for The Tanglewood Club

• Z

Zoe · Married on 07/07/2018

The venue was BEAUTIFUL. The ceremony was outside and just spectacular. The hall was perfect and the food was amazing. (The hall uses Normandy Catering). As an out of town bride, planning a wedding had some hurdles and Stacy (the event coordinator) handled everything! She provided me with information, suggestions, encouragement and so much more. Stacy was such a blessing throughout the whole process. She made sure everything was perfect for the day and it absolutely was! Nothing but amazing things to say about The Tanglewood Club and Stacy.

Sent on 07/19/2018

The Tanglewood Club's reply:

We are so happy to hear about the wonderful wedding event you had with us! Thank you for taking time to give us a review and for the feedback about the venue and Stacey! Congratulations and best wishes!

Abby · Married on 09/09/2017

Stacey (event coordinator) was fantastic to work with. We were so happy with the venue, and my wedding guests continue to say how lovely the venue was. We are happy we chose it for our wedding day!

Sent on 09/21/2017

The Tanglewood Club's reply:

Thank you for your review of your event experience with us! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your special day!

Erika · Married on 10/01/2016

The venue is absolutely beautiful, and Stacey, the planner, made everything so easy from beginning to end. I would highly recommend this place for anyone looking for an "all-in-one" venue, it truly simplified the planning process for us and I honestly don't think it could have gotten any easier!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Michelle · Married on 06/20/2015

I was thrilled with my wedding ceremony and reception at the venue! The venue is in a beautiful location. The food was excellent, several of my guests commented on how much they enjoyed the food.

Sent on 07/07/2015

Connie at Tanglewood made our wedding day a dream come true. The food was absolutely amazing, her staff was extremely professional. We couldnt have asked for anything better. She is absolutely amazing at what she does and can make anyones vision come to light. We would recommend her and her team to anyone! Thank you for making our day so amazing!!

Sent on 09/30/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/03/2017

We had our June wedding reception at The Tanglewood Club and it was amazing! Stacey is super easy to work with and always prompt, it was such a relief knowing that she was going to be there the day of. Large windows, a patio and a ballroom big enough for all our guests were our requirements when looking for a venue and Tanglewood had all three! It's a great space to decorate as your own. The staff was very friendly during our reception and the food was delicious!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Jill · Married on 03/25/2017

Our wedding was amazing! Stacey was a wonderful help and so responsive with all of my questions. I highly recommend!

Sent on 04/08/2017

Ruby · Married on 08/01/2015

Tanglewood was the perfect venue for our wedding reception. Stacey Hill (Event Manager) was my main contact. She was absolutely amazing. She was always very prompt in answering my emails (usually within 15-30 minutes) and we probably had at least 200 emails between each other during the planning process. She put up with my frequent contact and worrying with a smile! She always made me feel at ease and had very organized processes from invoicing to seating charts.

The tasting with Normandy Catering went great. We were allowed up to six people total to taste the food. The food was delicious and they were very open to making adjustments.

I really liked that Tanglewood is a full service reception site. They set up all the centerpieces, card box, guest book, favors, place cards, etc. We just had to drop off those items a couple days before and then just show up the day of.

Tanglewood was a hit the day of the wedding! Everyone loved the layout of the rooms, and the fact that there was an outdoor patio space that people mostly used during cocktail hour (we had a beautiful 80 degree and sunny day, thankfully). We also spent close to two hours before the ceremony taking bridal party photos all over the gorgeous golf course and were able to use several golf carts for free. I love that the chairs and carpet are neutral and nice looking, because chair covers aren't a necessity like other venues. People LOVED the food, the open bar, and the professionalism of the staff.

Sent on 08/19/2015

Jenny · Married on 05/02/2015

When we booked Tanglewood, the sales coordinator and caterer were different than what we ended up with. We were disappointed at first when we found out that the caterer had changed, but in the end, Normandy Catering did a good job, and I got several compliments on the food from guests. The new coordinator, Stacey, is very organized and helpful and also cheerful and kind. She gave me a lot of license to set up the rooms the way I wanted them and followed my instructions pretty well. I feel like I had a lot of flexibility to do what I wanted with the space. Since we booked Tanglewood before the catering company changed, we were able to lock in the old prices, so we ended up getting a really good deal on everything. The prices are higher now (more comparable to other golf clubs), but again, the food and service were great, and the location is beautiful and fairly easy to get to. We did not have our ceremony there, but there is a lovely outdoor area outside of the clubhouse where they have weddings. The clubhouse itself is quite large, with several rooms. I liked that guests could wander from room to room or go outside on the deck, especially on a beautiful night like the one we had. We had a band instead of a DJ, and we could not set them up exactly where we wanted them. We were disappointed that the club could not move the dance floor closer to where the band was, because it is old and needs replacing. Normandy is in the process of making improvements and will get around to the dance floor in the future (or so they said). Our wedding was the first catered by Normandy at Tanglewood, and they installed brand new ovens and stoves a few weeks before. I was surprised and a little disappointed that Tanglewood did not follow up with me after the wedding. In the end, we feel we got a good value, considering that the reception is typically the most expensive part of a wedding, and our guests were happy.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Kristen · Married on 07/18/2015

The Tanglewood Club was the perfect venue to hold both our ceremony and reception. There were a few hiccups about halfway through our planning process due to a change in the catering company to Normandy and the replacement of our coordinator, but in the end everything was wonderful. Normandy was willing to honor previous agreements made with the old catering company and brought many strengths to the table that the previous company lacked (awesome premium bar package!). Stacey, the new coordinator, was very responsive and tuned in to all of the details we cared about. The food was DELICIOUS! The only caveat was the air flow in the venue the night of our reception - we had 160 guests who were enthusiastic dancers and the A/C struggled to keep up with the energy emitted in the main ballroom. Our wedding took place on the hottest, most humid day of the month - I hope they upgrade the A/C system to make the ballroom more comfortable for large summer weddings. One of the bartenders seemed to be less than pleased to be serving and made rude comments to multiple guests including bridal party members who were far from intoxicated. Even so, I would book Tanglewood again in a heartbeat. The day was executed flawlessly by Tanglewood staff!

Sent on 07/21/2015

Lauren · Married on 07/13/2013

3.5

Tanglewood was the right venue from the first time I saw it. I received wonderful compliments from my guests. I had both my ceremony and reception on the property. My ceremony was outside nestled in the tree grove that the cocktail room overlooks. Rhoda was not as responsive as I would of preferred, but she is very professional and quickly made changes to a miscalculation on the final bill. Connie has years of experience and will take care of any trouble the day may bring. Trifles Catering is awesome! The food was great, we went with a plated meal. The venue created an awesome backdrop for my vintage inspired wedding.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Katie · Married on 09/23/2017

Great venue! Was very impressed with the food, and the service! Stacey was very accommodating, and easy to work with. Would definitely recommend Tanglewood to anyone! It made for an amazing place to tie the knot!

Sent on 10/27/2017

The Tanglewood Club's reply:

Katie, Thank you for your wonderful review of The Tanglewood Club. We are happy you enjoyed your special day with us! We wish you all the best!

Julie · Married on 06/09/2018

3.4
      2.5
      3.5
      1.5

Tanglewood is a beautiful place to get married. My 3 star review does not reflect the venue itself. It's clean, the food was actually delicious, the servers at my wedding were extremely kind and polite, and riding around in a golf cart in my wedding dress to take pictures on the grounds was both fun and tremendously scenic. However, I was appalled by Stacey Hill, the "event coordinator/on site event manager". Her lack of professionalism was shocking and her lack of presence at the wedding was counterproductive and upsetting. She was meeting with another couple at one of my tables as I was about to walk down the aisle!!!!! Also, on the day of my rehearsal, which she had days before assured me was "in her calendar", she didn't come and said that she is the "reception coordinator" and not involved in the wedding portion. WHAT?!? Well that was news considering she had actually been helpful up until then with getting the wedding in order, including organizing the bouquets and decorative flowers. So I conducted the rehearsal myself based on what I vaguely remembered from the last wedding I attended. I think it is realistic to expect your event planner to be physically present and helpful for the main event. I shouldn't have had to run it on my own. Thank goodness I had such a lovely photographer who took charge!

Sent on 06/16/2018

The Tanglewood Club's reply:

We truly apologize, and we thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we may offer a better service to our couples in the future. We hope that when you look back on your wedding day, the happy memories prevail.