The SweetSide Reviews

26 | Seattle, WA

26 Reviews for The SweetSide

Enna Hun · Married on 08/10/2019

A stress-free experience!

Katie and her team at The SweetSide were so easy to work with! From our first tasting down to the delivery of the cake, we had zero stress during the wedding planning in regards to our cake. Our guests thought the cake was delicious! We can't thank them enough for making our day so special.

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Chloe

Chloe · Married on 07/14/2018

Beautiful, Yummy and Great Service!

We enjoyed working with the Sweetside regarding our wedding cake and bitesized treats. They took such good care of us, and it was so nice to have a "to-go" tasting option, which we utilized. So thankful we went with the Sweetside, and highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • Kristine

Kristine · Married on 05/26/2018

Kara and her team at The SweetSide put together our wedding cake, and my goodness, if it wasn’t gorgeous AND delicious! We were lucky enough that our venue, the Washington Athletic Club, was partnered with The SweetSide for our caking needs. After just one (scrumptious) tasting meeting, Kara was able to execute our vision for our wedding cake to perfection. Because my husband and I are both UW alumni, cherry blossoms have been a motif in our relationship. The team at the SweetSide put together a beautiful cake that was elegant, delicate, and meaningful all at once. Their red velvet/cream cheese and vanilla/salted caramel cakes were amazing, and everyone at our wedding loved them! I know that we will be coming to The SweetSide time and time again, and it will be a staple in our lives for years to come.

Sent on 06/01/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/27/2017

Kara was professional and friendly and creative! We got my dream cake (that TASTED amazing by the way!). I was there at my own wedding, in my wedding dress, staring at this magnificent cake they made....it was a dream! I highly recommend their bakery for your wedding cake. Not only will your guests love her artistry, but their palate will be pleased, too!

The deliver was smooth, as well, and everything taken care of. I can't recommend The Sweet Side more!!

Sent on 08/30/2018
  • megspradling

Meghan · Married on 09/30/2017

This review is for The Sweet Side's macarons...

We first met The Sweet Side during the I Do Sodo wedding show in Seattle, where they were serving their delicious macarons. We had originally just planned to do a cake and cake bites (also highly recommend - see our BAKED Seattle review), but decided to add in another dessert after tasting those delicious treats.

The Sweet Side was extremely easy to work with and the nutella macarons were a HUGE hit. The gold accent matched our decor perfectly, too! We didn't even make it through half the night before they were all devoured.

I'd highly recommend The Sweet Side for your macarons!

Sent on 10/23/2017

julia · Married on 07/29/2017

The SweetSide Bakery made my wedding cake. The cake tasting was SO fun and delicious and the owner of the shop was SO fun to meet with and chat with, like we were friends, not customers!
    Our invitations were on white paper with a purple watercolor design. We wanted the same on the cake and I am STUNNED by how amazing the cake was. It was PERFECT and EXACTLY the same as our invitations. From the watercolor design to the purple color, it was perfect!! The cake was delivered without flaw, the flavors were DELICIOUS and the next day, when we were eating left overs, it was still as moist and delicious as it was on the day of!!! I can not rave enough about this bakery!! They did a phenomenal job and I could not have pictured a more perfect wedding cake!! THANK YOU SWEETSIDE!!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Maria · Married on 07/01/2017

We loved working with Kara when we planned our wedding, she's the most accommodating person on the planet. My husband and I knew we wanted chocolate cake but couldn't decide on a filling because they're all too good! So, we asked Kara if we could do 3 different fillings of approximately the same number of slices of each filling between a 4-tier cake and a 2-tier groom's cake. Kara said absolutely she could make it happen. Then, about 3 weeks before the wedding, we realized our expected guest count of 250 was actually going to be 200 which meant we were going to be swimming in cake (not the worst thing! But also, I was hoping we weren't going to have to pay for cake that wouldn't be eaten). We called The Sweet Side and explained, asked if we could switch to 2 flavors and would they let us downsize at all without sacrificing height? A few hours later, I had an email in my inbox from Kara with a few options of how we could make 2 flavors work for fewer slices while still keeping the big cake at 4-tiers and the groom's cake at 2-tiers. Aside from all of this outstanding customer service, our cakes were also absolutely DELICIOUS and the designs were exactly what we had described. We couldn't have been happier with The Sweet Side, and we're looking forward to ordering an "anniversary" cake from them every year going forward so that we can relive the best day of our lives!!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Monica · Married on 01/07/2017

Everyone at our wedding was raving about how good the cake was. Not only that, they were able to accommodate my allergies and make the cake soy-free! It is all made from scratch. Very professional company, highly recommend.

Sent on 02/07/2017

Katherine · Married on 10/15/2016

Firstly, going to a cake tasting at the SweetSide is a seriously wonderful experience. Every flavor is dreamy, and Kara is such a sweetheart. She had us hooked almost immediately. When we first booked with SweetSide, we had a vague idea of our cake design, and Kara sketched it out beautifully for us. However, as months went by and we browsed the SweetSide's cakes online, we fell in love with one of her other designs - she was super flexible and had no problem changing our order. At the wedding, the cake was a showstopper, and several guests told us that it was their favorite wedding cake they'd tasted. Perfection!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Hope · Married on 07/16/2016

Kara was absolutely fabulous! I was impressed from the time we sat down for out tasting. She was very attentive, answered all of out questions, and had great ideas and suggestions. Our cake turned out absolutely beautiful and it tasted great too! I would definitely go back again and again.

Sent on 01/12/2017

Christine · Married on 10/17/2015

Kara was great and really fun to work with. She made a lot of helpful comments when we were doing the tasting, and was great as well with my wedding planner in coordinating delivery and stands. The cake was amazing by all standards - tasted incredible (so many compliments!) and looked exactly as we wanted. We got almond cake with apricot preserves and buttercream. I think it's really hard to find a cake that's not too sweet, but this was just so perfect. All the flavours were very clean and natural - we will definately be inquiring about an anniversary cake next year! :)

Sent on 10/22/2015

Heather · Married on 08/15/2015

Easiest vendor to choose by far! Kara and her team at The SweetSide provided us with our first cake tasting and we had no need to look any further. Kara was so easy to create with and made the process so effortless. My cake was absolutely gorgeous!! Surrounded by family pictures and candlelight, this cake made such a presence at my reception and it was more than I could have ever asked for! I cannot wait to return to The Sweetside for future yummy pieces of art:)

Sent on 01/29/2016

We chose The Sweet Side to make our wedding cake and so glad we did! It turned out perfect. I spoke with Kara a few times via email and sent her pictures as to what we wanted our cake to look like. Her and the team made the cake exactly to what we showed her and wanted. I was so impressed. Not to mention, the cake was delicious. As for price, very reasonable and better than most other vendors I had researched. I will definitely be using The Sweet Side again for other events.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Tina · Married on 04/18/2015

We used the SweetSide for our wedding cake based on a recommendation from our venue. We couldn't have been happier! Kara and her team made a beautiful, delicious cake for us. Kara was also very very easy to work with and was respectful of our budget. We initially thought SweetSide was going to be out of our price range, but when we tasted their cakes, we knew we had to make it work somehow. Kara had plenty of ideas on how to get us our dream cake, and stay within our budget! Also, our cake was delivered in perfect condition, on-time, and looking exactly like we wanted. I would definitely recommend SweetSide!

Sent on 04/28/2015

Jason · Married on 08/26/2014

Kara is amazing and so is her company. We went to our tasting appointment with a picture I'd found of a cake I just loved she made a lot of suggestions and created something completely original for us that we loved even more. All of our guest loved the cake saying it was one of the most delicious wedding cakes they had ever tasted. We went with a chocolate cake with mexican chocolate butter cream with salted caramel filling on the bottom tier and raspberry filling on the top. Cake arrived on time even more beautiful than we had hoped. I will absolutely go back to the sweet side anytime I need a custom cake!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 07/19/2014

What can I say--DELICIOUS and BEAUTIFUL cakes!! We had a gorgeous cake and dessert bar and our guests loved all of our treats. Kara and her team are so kind, professional, and easy to work with.

Sent on 09/01/2014

Jaime · Married on 12/31/2013

Loved Kara and her desserts. Originally, my husband and I were just going to get a variety of desserts from Bakery Nouveau since we've never had a wedding cake we liked and we wanted to have a dessert bar instead of a wedding cake. I kept coming across great reviews of The Sweetside and decided we should do a dessert tasting to check it out. I was sold the moment I tasted her ginger snaps, I didn't even like ginger snaps before then, but hers were so buttery, soft, and chewy. I still crave them and all the other desserts we order for the wedding. My only regret from my wedding night was that I didn't take home more of the left over desserts. I told my husband we're ordering some from her for our one year anniversary.

Sent on 03/03/2014

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2013

We brought a photo of a cake with us for our consultation and the cake delivered was even more beautiful. I highly recommend Kara and The Sweetside. It was delicious and beautiful all at the same time.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Emily · Married on 08/24/2013

So the location is a bit funny. Its in this old 80's small office building. Totally wasn't expecting a fully on kitchen bakery inside!!

We went in and there was this crazy set up of so many different cakes and frostings. It was AMAZING. Kara (I believe) was so nice and funny! We had a great time trying all the cakes and just joking around. Oh and btw the cakes were just ridiculously good.

We ended up picking a vanilla cake with alternating strawberry and chocolate filling and buttercream frosting. It was to die for. Now normally i'm more of a chocolate person, but we really picked this as it would appeal to more people. We weren't getting much cake as it was our secondary desert. (We had ice cream sandwiches).

To my surprise the night of the wedding they had made us a second cake! Not for show, but to have a second option of CHOCOLATE! it was soooo good! It was really sweet of them to do seeing as they knew I really do love chocolate. The hotel we had our wedding at actually put two plates with slices of cake on it in our room at the end of the night. It made for an amazing 2am snack as i couldn't sleep ;)

Overall we had a great experience with Sweet side and loved our cake!

Sent on 09/14/2013

Rashell · Married on 08/17/2013

The cupcakes were delicious and they were absolutely beautiful! Best customer service I have seen from all my wedding vendors. She treated me really well when tasting the cakes and she was very responsive. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 09/17/2013

We loved working with Kara and The SweetSide! I first tried her cake a wedding show when I already had tentative plans to do cupcakes, but as soon as I tried her cake I fell in love with it. I brought my fiancé to a tasting with her and he agreed whole-heartedly. She was so easy to work with and was willing to customize our cake to everything we requested. At our wedding the cake was eaten up almost immediately, I'm just glad I got a piece in before it was all gone. We would highly recommend her in a heart beat.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Beautiful and delicious cake. We received many compliments on it from guests. The baker has a great personality and was delightful to work with. She might even be sweeter than the buttercream!

Sent on 09/08/2013

Emily · Married on 10/14/2017

I didn't want fondant (hate the taste!) and they did a fantastic job of helping design a cake that was still visually interesting. And the cake was delicious! We tasted a couple different bakeries, and their cakes were far and away the best. Light and airy, with just the right level of sweet. We'll definitely be back for an anniversary cake next year!

Sent on 11/22/2017

Finding the cake for my wedding was the second thing that I did after getting engaged (after finding the venue) and was super easy to do with their location on NE 45th! I brought my fiance for this, and it was such a great start to the wedding planning.

Booking the tasting and consultation was $35 dollars and it was well worth it. Everything from the shop, the cake (strawberry champagne, so delicious!!), the frosting and the consultation was amazing. Not only did Kara understand the look that we wanted for our wedding, she also worked with our rather small budget and came up with a selection of beautiful cake and dessert bar for our guests.

Sent on 05/26/2015

Samantha · Married on 04/18/2015

4.2
      3.5

The Sweet Side has the cutest chic wedding cakes around! I knew I wanted Kara to do my wedding cake as soon as I saw her work at the Seattle Wedding Show. I then visited her website and storefront and was confirmed that I loved her creative cakes. She worked with me on how to get a cake I loved for my budget. Cakes weren't a huge part of my budget, and they are a bit on the expensive side. However, I was able to get a smaller two tier cutting cake that I loved. I added a few of my own flowers, but the cake itself was just what I had asked for. Not to mention - very yummy! They have a nice variety of cake and filling/frosting combinations, many of which are not what you might traditionally find. I had such a fun time tasting all of them and deciding on my final cake. I give this shop two thumbs up! On the day of, our cake was fresh, beautiful, and transported well! Thank you to The Sweet Side for creating a great cake that fit perfecting into our wedding vision!

Sent on 06/16/2015