The Sweet Apron Reviews

45 Reviews for The Sweet Apron

• Courtney-Rae

Courtney-Rae R. · Married on 05/01/2021

Adorable, Delicious Peach Pies on a stick

My husband loves everything peach and Sweet Apron made adorable peach pies on a stick for our wedding. My husband loved them so much during the wedding he ended up hiding half a dozen for himself!

Sent on 06/02/2021
  • Kayla

Kayla A. · Married on 04/10/2021

Simply amazing!

Karen was so great to work with. Even during COVID we were able to book a tasting and have the full experience. The cake was delicious and just as I pictured it. Our guests were raving about the chocolate/peanut butter combo! Karen really made decided on a wedding cake a breeze and was one of the few stress-free decisions in our planning process.

Sent on 05/04/2021

Jennifer · Married on 04/09/2021

Most delicious cake ever!

Dear Karen:

Thank you very much for creating such a beautiful and delicious cake for my daughter's wedding. It was truly the best cake that I have ever tasted. There wasn't one piece leftover because guests went back for seconds and thirds. I am not exaggerating when I say that EVERYONE raved about how amazing it tasted.

Jennifer

Sent on 10/04/2019

Andrea L. · Married on 04/03/2021

Sweet apron is amazing

I loved working with Karen! She was so flexible as we were going through changes with our wedding dates and guest counts during COVID. Everyone LOVED her cupcakes, cake and brownies. I will recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 04/22/2021
  • Hayley

Hayley C. · Married on 11/27/2020

Best cake I’ve ever had

Karen is so kind, a pleasure to work with, and her cake was delicious!!

Our wedding cake was so beautiful.
    She even made a small birthday cake for my nephew’s birthday that we celebrated at the wedding.

Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/26/2021
  • Dana

Dana R. · Married on 10/10/2020

The SWEETEST vendor of all!!

Karen was AMAZING!!! Not only are the desserts she creates delicious and beautiful, she is also insanely well priced and a genuinely caring person. She clearly loves what she does and treats her customers with so much care. Our dessert table was emptied by our guests. They ransacked it so fast because everything was incredible and word spread quick!! Trust me...do not hesitate to book The Sweet Apron for your event. You will NOT be let down. We will be repeat customers for as long as Karen is in operation. Could not be more happy.

Sent on 07/07/2021

Allie · Married on 02/22/2020

Wonderful!!!

Wedding was called off unfortunately, but Karen was wonderful and sympathetic.

Sent on 02/29/2020

Kathy D. · Married on 02/04/2020

mother of the bride

Karen did the desserts for my daughter's wedding and was such a joy to work with. Very helpful and always got back to me in a timely manner. She went over and above to help me out, my daughter wanted a certain color of cupcake liner, we ordered the liners and they didn't arrive so Karen volunteered to order them and of course add it on to the bill. That was a big help to us. My daughter and I both live outside of California, so everything was handled over the phone and through email, but you would have thought we were right down the street. She is very professional and so easy to deal with, very accommodating.

Sent on 05/03/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay A. · Married on 11/16/2019

The Cherry on Top

We wanted a full dessert bar for our wedding. Karen had many options to make this happen and we ended up with a beautiful and delicious display of donuts, cupcakes, Mexican wedding cookies, and more. Karen was so easy to work with and we had a blast at our tasting. I highly recommend!

Sent on 04/17/2020
  • Chris

Chris G. · Married on 11/02/2019

So Delicious!

Sweet Apron made our delicious cupcakes and our cutting cake. When we did the initial tasting, we knew immediately this was our choice for our wedding. We had several guests mention that they were not typically being a fans of cake, but the cupcakes at our wedding were loved by all. Thank you so much for helping to make our celebration a great one.

Sent on 11/28/2019
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 09/14/2019

Best Wedding Cake Ever!

I met Karen from The Sweet Apron at a wedding last year and I instantly fell in love with her cake and desserts. As a wedding planner I wanted the best cake for my wedding. I wanted a cake that was flavorful, moist* and fresh. After doing many cake tastings, The Sweet Apron convinced me that she was the one I wanted to make our wedding cake. Upon arrival to our reception we saw our cake- it was exactly what I envisioned and exactly how we wanted it, rich in flavor and so in love with it from the decor to flavor! We also ordered cupcakes which were as amazing as our cake. From the bottom of our hearts we can't thank you enough for your dedication to bake amazing cakes. I will definitely think of you when referring clients, and when we need cakes. We are forever grateful!!!!!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/06/2019

Beautiful AND delicious!

Karen of The Sweet Apron was an absolute dream to work with-- as soon as I tasted her cake I knew I wanted her to create my wedding cake. She did not disappoint-- our cake was not only beautiful and perfect, it tasted absolutely incredible! Our guests had nothing but compliments... I'm so glad we saved the top part of the cake for ourselves... the rest was gobbled up!

Karen was extremely easy to work with, provided a personalized tasting, was very responsive, positive and I would 100% work with her again. Thank you, Karen for making our day so special!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Martha

Martha S. · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful and yummy!

Working with Karen was so easy, she completely nailed our vision and did such an awesome job. Our guest were so impressed with how beautiful and delicious the cupcakes and cake was. Loved the flavor combinations! Best baker ever!!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Hannah · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing Dessert Table!!

We absolutely LOVE the job that Karen did for our wedding. The cake was AMAZING but the amount of other desserts she made for us just put our dessert table over the top. Karen's cake tasting has gone down as our favorite event leading up to the wedding trying all her amazing creations and talking with her. We couldn't be happier with our choice to hire Sweet Apron and highly recommend it!

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Skye

Skye · Married on 12/24/2018

Amazing experience for a destination wedding!

We were from out of town so everything was done electronically with Karen. She was very communicative and helpful, especially because I didn't have a solid vision of what I wanted. All I gave Karen was a photo of what I wanted the cake to look like and she delivered a gorgeous/delicious cake! We were also looking for a very small cake and nobody else in the area would be willing to do that except Karen. We definitely lucked out!!!

I definitely recommend this place for everyone, especially out-of-town couples!

Sent on 12/25/2018
  • Maya

Maya · Married on 11/11/2018

To die for!

I met Karen at a Bridal Open at Peltzer Winery and I tried a mini Orange Mimosa (you read that right MI-MO-SA) cupcake and I then stole two more because they were absolutely delicious!

I immediately contacted her for a meeting and tasting and we scheduled that so fast and it was very easy yet also very professional!

She gave me great ideas at the meeting including a new option she was playing with which was a cotton candy machine! So I absolutely said yes to that!

The whole process was so easy and so delicious. My husband was counting down the days until he could eat those cupcakes again.

Overall we had a cutting cake, three sets of different flavored mini cupcakes, caramel corn, and cotton candy. Everything was a hit our family was trying to steal the leftovers for the “after party” Karen was awesome through the whole process and everyone couldn’t get over the delicious desserts!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Lisa W. · Married on 11/10/2018

Wedding dessert table and cake

Karen, was such a pleasure to work with!!! I highly recommend her. She goes above and beyond for her brides. She made my daughter ‘s wedding cake exactly as she wanted it, made yummy and beautiful desserts for the guests to enjoy. She set up the dessert table so beautifully. She even setup desserts we brought in. The guests loved her desserts and cake so much, there hardly anything left for us for the next day. LOL Turly a God sent for my daughter’s special day!!!!!!!

Sent on 01/23/2019
  • Lisa and Chris

Lisa A. · Married on 10/20/2018

The Sweetest!!

Starting with our initial inquiry, Karen was very prompt with responses and easy to get a hold of. When we met her for the first time for our tasting, we knew we made the right choice. Karen is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet, and goes above and beyond to understand your vision and make it happen!
    We opted for a dessert bar with mini-cupcakes, pies, and caramel popcorn and a small sweetheart cake for cutting. Needless to say, the desserts were all gone by the end of the night and everyone was raving about the pies!
    Karen made sure that everything went smoothly for our wedding day, and our dessert display looked like something straight out of Pinterest! We were highly satisfied with her services and would absolutely recommend her to any friends/family.

Sent on 01/12/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/14/2018

Karen was so accommodating and worked with us to make a cake that not only was beautiful (and exactly how I described) but that also tasted SOOOOO good. All of our guests raved about the cake! Thank you, Karen!!!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Kaela S. · Married on 10/13/2018

Karen makes you feel like family!

Karen is amazing! She genuinely cares about her couples making sure everything is perfect. She made our wedding vision of a sweets bar come to life and everyone just loved it. Not to mention her set up is too cute! If you’re looking for someone affordable, passionate, talented and makes delicious sweets book her. She treated us like family and made wedding planning a little less stressful. Thank you Karen you’re the best!!

Sent on 12/21/2018

Alexis M. · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing!!!

Karen was absolutely wonderful! Her prices are by far the most amazing part of her deserts!!! Next to the actual desserts of course ;)!!! Love love love her and I recommend every bride to be to at least get a quote from her and taste her delicious deserts! You will not be sorry!!!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Emily J. · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing Cake

Karen was recommended to us by multiple other couples and vendors and boy can I see why! She was very kind and willing to work with us to achieve exactly what we wanted. The cake was beautiful and so tasty every last slice was eaten before the night was up. 10/10 would recommend.

Sent on 12/26/2018
  • Kolleen

Kolleen M. · Married on 09/08/2018

Best. Choice. Ever.

Yes, the company is called The Sweet Apron but the owner, Karen, really is the absolute sweetest! She is so professional but also so fun! She was receptive to everything we asked and totally got our vision. Our wedding was 200 people. Karen arrived promptly and her setup was beautiful. Not to mention, people are still talking about the cupcakes! I recommend her to everyone. You will not regret this choice!

Sent on 12/23/2018

Melissa F. · Married on 08/25/2018

The Sweet Apron was amazing!

Our experience having the Sweet Apron make the cupcakes and cake for our wedding was perfect!! She had us come for an amazing tasting to choose our flavors and was super flexible in customizing what we wanted. We will definitely be using her for all of are bakery needs!!

Sent on 12/21/2018

Claudia · Married on 08/18/2018

Cake was absolutely delicious and the cupcakes were the best sweet treat for my cocktail hour. Everyone asked for seconds, I would definitely order cakes for my future events

Sent on 09/01/2018