The Sunset Deck at The Beach House Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Megan D. Married on 10/03/2021

Perfect Day

From the beginning to the end, I could not have asked for anything else the entire night. All of the staff was SO attentive and made sure that me and my husband had an amazing night. One thing I will say. Pay the extra for the day of planner. It is worth it!!!! They were amazing!
  • Frances
    Frances J. Married on 09/01/2021

Perfect wedding

As a little girl (I was maybe 6 years old) I saw a wedding on Anna Maria Island (at the Sandbar) and I thought this is perfect that's how I want to get married one day, so ever since then I have been dreaming of my wedding on Anna Maria Island.
    We got engaged in January 2020 and started planning our wedding on Anna Maria Island for September 2020. We wrote a few wedding venues on the island, Anna Maria Island Venues made everything so easy for us and they did not have any hidden fees or charges like some other venues have. Within less then 2 weeks after our first contact, we had everything booked with Anna Maria Island Venues. And we booked everything online, we did not get to look at the venue in person, I have seen the restaurants as restaurants before but not as an actual wedding venue but they made everything super easy for us. We decided on the Beach House over the Sandbar because of the climate controlled dining area and the exclusive bridal suite (it’s not a big room but perfect for you as bride to get ready in and the bride has her own bathroom!!).
    We decided to have a plated meal instead of a buffet style dinner. We were able to get exactly what we wanted: 6oz filet steak with a lobster tail – IT WAS THE BEST STEAK WE HAD IN MONTHS!! Oh and the servers did a great job, we didn’t even notice that they went around and asked our guests how they wanted their steaks to be prepared but they did!
    About 4-8 weeks after we had everything finalized, COVID-19 hit the world and we weren’t sure how things were going to go with our wedding in September 2020, at the end we had to postpone our wedding 3 times due to COVID-19 but let me tell you this: I would have not wanted to work with anyone but the team from Anna Maria Island Venues, they were fabulous and understood our situation, we were able to roll our down-payments over to the next date and the next date and the next date without ever having to worry about losing any of our down payment.
    September 1st 2021, one year later than initially planned, and less guests than we initially planned, we were finally able to have our wedding ceremony at the Beach House on Anna Maria Island. Yes the weather wasn’t perfect, it rained all day, and we weren’t able to have our ceremony on the beach as we initially planned either but the entire staff did a great job on moving everything inside and it was still a special moment.
    I want to thank the entire team from Anna Maria Island Venues who helped us, especially Shawn THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    Morgan Married on 02/24/2021

Wonderful!

Shawn helped us plan our February wedding at the BeachHouse. She asked about details we hadn’t thought about. We communicated mostly via email which is the most convenient way for me - she is extremely response. Everything detail was planned before, and the staff made sure the night went flawlessly. The evening went exactly as planned. The food, drinks, service, and view were amazing. I can not recommend the BeachHouse enough!
  • Samantha
    Samantha E. Married on 12/03/2020

Incredible venue + outstanding service

We had the absolute pleasure of working with the team at The Beach House for our destination wedding last November. We had a short list of venues we wanted to tour and The Beach House was our first. We honestly could have skipped every other tour as we knew this was our spot. The restaurant is beautiful and the views are breathtaking. Shawn was our main contact and she was a dream to work with. She was very responsive and incredibly knowledgeable. They had a great list of vendor recommendations, which being from out of state was very helpful. The week of our wedding hurricane Eta was scheduled to hit the island a day or two before our wedding, and that she did! The hurricane hit the day before our wedding. We were in a slight panic, but the team at The Beach House assured us they had back up plans if needed. Luckily we woke up the day of the wedding and it was like nothing had ever happened. The day went off without a hitch and was more perfect than we could have ever imagined. We would pay money to go back and re-live our wedding day. We owe it to Shawn and her team at The Beach House. We can't wait to go back for many anniversary dinners. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!
    Ashley K. Married on 11/07/2020

LOVE this venue!!

My husband and I got married at The Beach House on 11/7/2020 and it was the best day ever!! We couldn't have chosen a better venue!! Our beach wedding was even better than what we imagined!! Shawn, the event coordinator is a saint and she is AMAZING to work with!! She is so sweet and helpful and she was always very quick to respond to our emails or phone calls. We live out of town and we had no clue what vendors to use, but she recommended all of them and we were so happy with everything!! Planning the wedding was extremely stressful during the pandemic, but Shawn always made us feel at ease and helped us throughout the whole process. We seriously couldn't have done it without her! Also, the entire staff were incredible!! They went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for our special day! They were all so friendly and professional. I cannot say enough about the food, amazing!! We have been to the Beach House many times prior to the wedding and NEVER had a bad meal!! The location is so great and has a beautiful view! Our guests still talk about how awesome our wedding was, thanks to Shawn and all of the staff!!! You guys were all amazing and we can't thank you enough!! You will not regret having your wedding here!!
    Elissa S. Married on 11/06/2020

Excellence at it’s best

My husband and I were married at The Beach House this November. By far the best thing about 2020. The Beach House went above and beyond our expectation for a wedding during a pandemic. Shawn was such a blessing during the whole experience(we had to postpone our wedding in May). She made getting married look easy, and was with us every step of the way. Shawn and the Beach House were accommodating with our constant change in guest count, and attempts to make everything covid safe for our guests. Our guests constantly told us how safe they felt attending our wedding. Our ceremony was on the beach at sunset and reception followed on their amazing outdoor deck. The food was absolutely fantastic, our guests would not stop raving about it. We chose to do the raw bar, and let me tell you it did not disappoint. The beef tenderloin was mouthwatering. People still talk about the bacon wrapped scallop, ahi tuna and coconut shrimp appetizers. My husband is a chef, they worked with us on the menu, and they knocked it out of the park. Thank you again to the back of house for the best meal we’ve had in a long time, and all the effort that was placed into everything. It showed! The venue was just as we imagined, overlooking the water, lights strung overhead and they set up the table decorations perfectly. We opted for a day of coordinator, Korinne, and it was also the best decision we made. She was fantastic, calm, and collected. The staff, bartenders, servers, back of house, all were pros. They even brought the apps to us on the beach as we took a little longer making our way to the reception due to all the pictures. Such a great touch, it did not go unnoticed. The bartenders were absolutely amazing and so quick to serve all our guests. Servers were polite, quick and efficient. The night went flawlessly. This was definitely not their first rodeo. Thank you all again! We would get married there again in a second and change nothing! Truly the best night ever, and more than we could of asked for given the circumstances. Do yourself a favor book any event here, and you won’t give it a second thought. You are in great hands!
    Chelsea T. Married on 05/30/2020

All I could have dreamed of

Shawn and the staff at The Beach House were amazing. After covid and postponing the wedding from last year, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Shawn was able to always answer my questions and put me at ease. We also loved having Stacy Prouty as our Officiant. I do not have enough words to say how grateful and appreciative I am for the staff and their hard work. My wedding on 5.30.21 was amazing!
  • Liera
    Liera S. Married on 01/10/2020

Our dream wedding came true!

Shawn and her entire staff at the Beach House were absolutely fabulous. The day & night went so smoothly from the time we set up the reception area & ceremony area, to having to pick up at the end of the night. Jeff & Jim were so helpful and so down to earth for rehearsal the night before as well as the day of. The food was incredible & our entire family loved everything. My husband and I are so happy we picked the Beach House for our dream wedding, as everything was beyond perfect. Thank you Shawn & everyone at the Beach House!
  • Paul
    Paul N. Married on 01/01/2020

Great beach venue

Shawn and her team will make your wedding day stress free. www.ChiPhotography.com
  • MSRcreations
    Msrcreations P. Married on 09/11/2019

We love The Beach House

The best sunsets on the Gulf are here. Such a gorgeous area of the beach. Not a bad photograph at all can be made here. Picturesque setting. The food is amazing as well as the helpful staff. The outdoor patio is perfect for dancing and fun.
  • valentina
    Valentina Married on 06/15/2019

Incredibly Perfect, AMAZING, THE BEST!!!

This was BY FAR the best choice we could have made for our wedding venue! The location cannot be matched, the staff was incredible, our coordinator Tiffany Lee was literally holding my hand throughout the entire process which allowed me to be so ZEN on my wedding day without a care in the world! This venue exceeded any expectations I could have ever imagined! BOOK YOUR WEDDING HERE!!!
    Katie Married on 12/15/2018

Best Venue Ever!

Shawn, the event coordinator, at the Beach House is an absolute dream to work with! She is so experienced and helpful that she totally puts you at ease. The venue is beautiful with amazing views and the food is outstanding. The staff go above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect. Shawn was always very quick to respond to emails and agreeable to everything we wanted to do. They allowed us to bring all of our wedding boxes to the rehearsal and the staff did an amazing job setting it all up as we requested and everything looked even better than we could have imagined. Anyone can see for themselves how beautiful the venue is and how delicious the food is, but the real reason we chose the Beach House was because of Shawn. From the very first meeting, I could tell Shawn loves her job and would make sure everything would run smoothly. She is so down to earth and relatable and has a way of always making you feel comfortable. I am so thankful to Shawn and the great staff at the Beach House for making my daughter's wedding a dream come true!
  • Meredith
    Meredith M. Married on 11/16/2018

cannot recommend enough

We were married last November and had 70 guests. I came in just knowing that I love the BeachHouse and I wanted to get married on a beach. Shawn was amazing and very patient -- her team handles a lot of weddings so they are very prepared and they work with a lot of the same photogs, djs, etc which is really helpful. Prices were very reasonable (as I learned from pricing venues for our cocktail hour the night before) and we were thrilled with how everything turned out. The dance floor on the beach was better than I could have wished for. My only recommendation for brides is to keep a bag with essentials near the ceremony entrance. I had everything in the bridal suite but I didn't want to run into guests before our official entrance so I was stuck. That was my only 'issue' everything else was truly amazing.
    Nellybeth Married on 04/21/2018
    My husband and I were married at The Beach House Restaurant on 4/21/2018 and I cannot emphasize enough on how wonderful it was! The food and service was phenomenal and had my guests raving about it days after the wedding. The beach and views are breathtaking, making the ceremony that much more magical and you can also view the scenery from the reception area. The cherry on top of all of the magic is Shawn, the day-of coordinator that comes with the venue. She is amazing, responds quickly to all inquiries, makes helpful suggestions, and ensures the newlyweds are taken care of. She brought appetizers to us after the ceremony and always made sure we were ok throughout the entirety of our event. If you are considering booking this venue, DO IT! You will not regret it!
  • Z
    Zoe Married on 09/22/2017
    There literally isn't enough good to say about the Beach House! We booked the Beach House for our wedding on 09/22/2017. From the beginning, Shawn (Special Event Coordinator) was personable, friendly and easy to work with. Although our wedding wasn't considered a "destination" wedding, we live about 2 hours away from Anna Maria, so much of our planning was done via email and phone. Shawn was always willing to go the extra mile without hesitation. We were confident that no matter what we threw her way, that she would find a solution, and I can honestly say that I don't think our day would have been nearly as special without her expertise! She helped calm my wedding day nerves, and assisted in the overall "flow" of the day to make sure things went as smooth as possible. And not only that, the STAFF! Our guests continually rave about how professional the staff was, and how quickly they worked. Plus, the food is to die for! So many of our guests complimented the food, and said how it was the best "wedding" food they had ever had & WE AGREE! We have been to the Beach House many times before, and have never been disappointed in our meals. Our wedding day food was no different, and we couldn't have been happier with how the day turned out. I could speak volumes about Shawn, the Beach House staff, and the food - just know that if you come here for dinner, or you book a special event, you will NOT be let down. The atmosphere, location and "island" feel of the Beach House is amazing and it's a must try if you are on Anna Maria!
    Tierney Married on 09/21/2017
    We couldn't have chosen a better venue for our wedding. We felt at home at the Beach House as soon as we walked in. We didn't have an appointment to meet with Shawn, the event coordinator but it didn't matter. She was more than willing to meet with us. She made everyhing so easy from that day forth. Our decision was easy and we never looked at another venue. The venue and staff were so accommodating with all of our needs and wants. We never heard no!!
    Our wedding day was nothing short of amazing!! We never lifted a finger. Every need was taken care before we knew we needed it. The venue opened early for our brunch wedding. It was the perfect backdrop, the beautiful water and historic scenery.
    Our wedding day was the best day ever!! We married on Septermber 21, 2017 and our wedding guest are still bragging about our wedding, the food, the staff, the setting! It was perfect and I would do the day all over again.
    The Beach House is not only our wedding venue but a place we will frequent much. It's like home!
    Janis Married on 06/26/2017
    Sean and her team were fantastic it was a complete no worry wedding. Sean made sure that everything went perfect. the wait staff was fantastic, we even had a waiter dedicated to just us who greeted us in the line up for introductions and took our drink orders having our drink to our table as we arrived to it. It was beautiful day made perfect by wonderful people.
    Mark Married on 03/15/2017
    My wife and i were married at the Beach House on March 15 2017. It was the best day of my life!! The event coordinator Shawn was very professional. She responded to emails in a timely fashion. She was a great help on the day of the event coordinating our ceremony and reception. The rest of her staff were courteous and professional. Also, the food was great!! Our guests enjoyed our special day because of her help. I would recommend the Beach House for anyone's wedding in the future.
    Annamarie Married on 08/20/2016
    I would not turn away from this opportunity! This place was great and Shawn, the manager was awesome with listening to my needs and feeling excited along with me on my special day. I would not only recommend this place for your wedding but a place to come back for an anniversary as well (which they accommodate). The food was amazing!!! All my guest were fascinated by the beautiful view of the sunset and ocean but mostly, how we were served with hospitality like no other. I was going to have a formal wedding in my hometown and spend over $15,000 but after seeing what I can have here I saved money, had a great service and experience, and can make a planned vacation to revisit my beautiful day. Do not pass this opportunity, seriously you will not regret.
    Thank you all staff Beach house! You made a memory I will never forget!
    Annamarie
    Katie Married on 06/26/2016
    I am soooooo happy that my husband and I decided to go with the beach house restaurant as our wedding venue. Shawn was absolutely AMAZING and helped us plan the wedding of our dreams all the way from California. I seriously couldn't be happier. The location is so pretty, right on the beach, with the beautiful view. We did our ceremony in between two palm trees and the pictures came out gorgeously. Thank you for everything <3 Katie and Corbin
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 06/25/2016
    I can't even begin to tell you how amazing this venue is!! First of all Shawn Rotan is AMAZING!!! She is top notch when it comes to coordinators and her services at the venue are free with rental of the outdoor pavilion on the beach. She is Type A like me, so everything was exactly how I envisioned it...or better! I gave her pictures of my centerpieces and dropped off all my stuff for set up the morning of and...WOW!! Beautiful. The pavilion they offer is covered and just a step or two and you are on the sand. They have to beautiful palm trees growing out of the sand, with the ocean as your backdrop. The food...AMAZING! Part of why I originally picked this venue because the menu for the price per person was fantastic. Then they worked with me on tweaking some of the selection! SAME PRICE. We wanted a laid back, fun beach wedding and we got it!!! Shawn also gives you a list of preferred vendors to help you with DJ's, Calypso players, Cake, Hair, Makeup and where to stay on the island and things to do. That was so helpful for me! We are from Orlando, but it is no different than planning blind from a 1,000 miles away. If you want a beautiful beach wedding, don't want to break your piggy bank, Have 60 guests or less, plan on having fun, eliminating stress, have great food and a reasonable priced open bar...then this is YOUR place! I can't thank Shawn and the Beach House enough for a perfect wedding. My family and friends are still talking about it. The most fun wedding they have been to in years!! Thanks for everything!!!
    Audrey Married on 05/17/2016
    Shawn was beyond amazing. Our day was beautiful and perfect. Working with Shawn from Ohio was a breeze. From thoughtful centerpieces to amazing waitstaff, it was absolutely perfect and we would recommend this location to absolutely everyone. We cannot say enough good things about it. The food was fantastic. The coconut shrimp was our favorite.
    Cindy Married on 03/16/2016
    The beach house restaurant provided a perfect backdrop for our romantic beach wedding! Shawn was very responsive to our requests and she and her staff did a wonderful job for our wedding and reception !
    David Married on 01/08/2016
    Incredible setting, great food and tremendous service before, during and after the wedding. Shawn Rhoton, the event coordinator and her assistant, Paola, do an outstanding job and really do care about your experience.
    Aaron Married on 12/19/2015
    I was the groom. Everything went really smoothly and all of our guests enjoyed the venue. There are a lot of very nice hotels within walking distance to the venue. There's also a free shuttle for getting around the Island. It was a little cool out for Florida, but the people at The Beachhouse had really nice heat lamps set up so nobody was uncomfortable. The staff was very professional, the food was good, the service was great and my wife and I were very happy with how it all turned out. We just want to say thank you. =)

To other couples: The December wedding really worked for us at this venue. The beach wasn't too crowded when we did the ceremony and the Beachhouse had their Christmas lights up, which were really nice. They also had us sectioned off from the rest of the restaurant really well, so you really didn't notice that there were other diners.