The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe Reviews

The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 5
  • Michellee

Michellee Gordon · Getting married on 09/18/2021

It was my everything!

Firstly we had the awful task of locating a venue without the opportunity to see it first hand as we are from Massachusetts. Making everything much harder than it already was. After looking at dozens of venues online we came across The Sunset by the Gulf Drive Cafe! The pictures looked incredible, such a beautiful location and such a beautiful venue. We both fell in love with the look and feel of the venue over pictures alone. We got in contact with Stefanie and WOW words aren't enough to explain how professional, nice, enthusiastic she was. She is the TRUE definition of a wedding planner. She really put our minds at rest and we knew even though we hadn’t seen the venue it was definitely the right place for us. During all the months leading up to the wedding we were in contact with Stefanie and McKenna- we obviously had so many questions and requests through not being able to be there physically, but they were there and quickly responded to all our emails and give helpful friendly advice for everything. Stefanie and McKenna were there for us EVERY step of the way. People often ask us what was the best part about our wedding day and for both of us the best part about the day was that we didn’t worry about anything. If we had any advice to couples looking to plan their wedding- I think we would both advise that preparation goes such a long way. Always listen to the advice the venue has to offer, they will know best! They’ve seen many weddings so they know what will work and what may not come off as well as you’re thinking. Thank you guys for everything my wedding was truly a fairy tale.

Sent on 11/14/2018

The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe's reply:

Michellee! Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing your experience here. You and Nate were so much fun, and speaking with you and Debbie throughout the planning process made every step of our job easy as well! I have to say the Tiki Hut looked amazing with the uplights your DJ provided as well. Congratulations again to you and Nate and I hope to see you both under the hut again!
  • Leah

Leah Allmandinger · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Great for a destination wedding!

We loved working with Gulf Drive! They were very professional and were very easy to work with. I'm from Ohio and mostly planned everything over the phone. It all turned out beautiful and I wouldn't change a single thing! If youre looking for a beautiful beach wedding, this is the best place to do it!

The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 6
    The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 7
    Sent on 05/06/2019

Paul Nguyen · Getting married on 01/01/2020

Great beach venue

Stephanie and her team will make your wedding day stress free. It's a very scenic venue right on the beach.

The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 8
    The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 16
    Sent on 03/19/2019
  • bvnmrn

b · Married on 09/19/2019

So easy to work with for a destination wedding.

Rachel, Megan, and the rest of the crew at Gulf Drive Cafe were an absolute DREAM to work with. My (now husband) and I had a small destination wedding; they asked all the right questions in order to understand the vision we had for the big day, and worked with us to have a sit-down dinner rather than a formal reception. We planned together via phone/email and had an in-person meeting the day before to go over last minute details. Everything was set up and ready to go day-of, and they helped with coordination, timing, and making sure everyone was taken care of. Couldn't have done it without them!

The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 17
    Sent on 09/24/2019

Brenna & Dillion,
    Thank you for all of your kind words. You both were a pleasure to work with. Congratulations again on your new life together! To many years of happiness.

Cindy Silverman · Married on 08/04/2019

Cindy Silverman

THIS PLACE WAS AMAZING!!! Could not recommend enough. They really made sure everything went perfect!!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Stacie Fitzgerald · Married on 04/25/2019

Gulf drive cafe

This venue was amazing!! Stefanie and Stephanie are incredible ladies and made our special day so memorable. They touched on every aspect and made the planning process so easy for us. We can’t begin to describe how happy we are!!!

The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 18
    The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 19
    The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 20
    The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 21
    The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 22
    Sent on 05/03/2019

Samantha · Married on 04/13/2019

Beautiful Beach Wedding

My husband and I are so glad we decided to have our wedding at the Gulf Drive Cafe. Stefanie and her team were excellent and made planning our wedding all the way from California so much easier. She was always quick to respond to emails and wanted to make sure our day was everything we wanted it to be. We were also provided with a list of preferred vendors which proved to be extremely helpful. All the vendors we chose from their list turned out to be wonderful as well. The location is beautiful and having the sunset as a backdrop for our reception was amazing. The day truly exceeded our expectations and our guests had a great time. I would highly recommend the Gulf Drive Cafe for your dream beach wedding.

Sent on 04/22/2019

Hello Samantha,

We are so happy that you and Joe enjoyed your wedding with us! I'm glad everything was exactly how you wanted it (stressfree!). We hope to see you both under the hut again in the near future.
  • Angela

Angela Poitras · Married on 03/14/2019

Beautiful wedding venue

This was my fairytale beach wedding come true! Everything is included with the package deal and they will also do the food, menu ordering, buffet or lite menu. Stefanie was a joy to work with. It is very evident in her work they she enjoys making the perfect wedding for her clients. I high recommend the Sunset Weddings ❤️❤️

The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 23
    The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 24
    The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 25
    Sent on 03/21/2019

The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you both and we hope to see you under the hut in the future! Congratulations again!

Andrea Mcrobie · Married on 02/02/2019

Perfection!

Stefanie, McKenna, and the staff at Gulf Drive Cafe did a wonderful job from start to finish with our wedding day! It was so laid back and stress free and allowed us to really enjoy our guests and have a good time.

Sent on 02/19/2019

Andrea,
    Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm happy that you and Seth enjoyed your time and everything turned out to be exactly how you want it! Hope to see you both again under the hut in the near future!

Derek Nash · Married on 12/29/2018

Informal Beach Wedding

We had a small (35 people) informal wedding and reception at the Gulf Drive Cafe that turned out great. The location looked great, food was very tasty, the staff was very attentive and everything went to plan. The only slight negative to the whole night was keeping oblivious wandering beach goers out of our sunset wedding pictures, but that was not their fault. Designate a few beach attendants to help.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Marybeth Herrick · Married on 12/14/2018

Better than we could have ever dreamed!

We loved everything about having our wedding at The Gulf Drive Café and Tiki with the Sunset Weddings staff. We had a long engagement and booked this venue about a year and a half out from our wedding date but Stefanie never made us feel like we weren’t a priority because our wedding was far away when we reached out with questions. Because it was destination, we knew it was going to take extra effort planning and the Sunset Wedding staff was incredibly accommodating with quick response emails, Skype meetings, and being flexible when we were able to make trips to have meetings in person. Now to the good stuff, I am a perfectionist designer so I needed to be pretty hands on with everything and I’m sure that can get annoying but I never ever was treated that way. Stefanie welcomed all my ideas with open arms and we worked exceptionally well together. As the date got closer, the weather was looking scarier and scarier. We communicated our plan b and brainstormed different ways to keep it magical and it honestly turned out perfect regardless of what the weather was doing. I had all the faith in the world that Stefanie and McKenna would be able to pull off absolutely anything, and they did. They listened to our vision of all the handmade decorations and where they should go and when we showed up to the venue, I cried because they did such an incredible job setting everything up. Those two girls will have a special place in my heart forever! The backdrop of the beautiful beach with the large tiki hut and mini tiki’s is unmatched. We also did the caribbean taco bar as our dinner and people were raving about how unique, fun and delicious it was. If you’re a big fan of the beach, working with people that genuinely care about you and making your day perfect, I HIGHLY recommend getting married here, you won’t be disappointed!!!

The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 26
    The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 27

Marybeth & Brendan,
    Thank you so much for the kind words! We were so happy to help you and plan with you. Your decorations and signs made the tiki hut so beautiful no matter how bad the weather got! Congratulations again to the both of you and stay in touch. Hope to see you under the hut again in the future!

Rachel · Married on 11/24/2018

If you are looking for a FLAWLESS day, look no further!

Sunset Weddings at Gulf Drive Cafe was an absolute dream wedding venue! Stefanie and McKenna made our day exceptionally special and made sure that my husband or I never lifted a finger. They made EVERYTHING happen and because of that, it still feels like a fairytale. When I first started looking for venues, I was lost in a sea of decisions (no pun intended), but as soon as my then fiancé and I met Stefanie and toured Gulf Drive cafe we knew we had found our venue! Stefanie and McKenna go through every single detail with you to make sure everything is perfect—what I really loved was that if I couldn’t decide what I wanted or some other little detail, they gave advice and helped us come to decisions based on our vision. I cannot say enough about how amazing this venue and the ladies that helped make our dream wedding a reality were! If you are looking for a local Florida feel w/gorgeous sunsets and amazing people, look no further!!

The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 28
    The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 29
    The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 30
    The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 31
    The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 32
    The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 33

Rachel & Bize,

Thank you for the kind words! We loved helping you plan and celebrate for your special day. You both were so much fun to work with. Congratulations again, and we hope to see you under the hut!
  • John

John Feldman · Married on 11/23/2018

Perfect Beach Wedding - Perfect Wedding Team

Our Planners Stefanie and McKenna handled every detail.
    During our Prep Meetings we shared our hopes and goals and they made it Happen.

The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 34
    Sent on 12/31/2018

John,

Thank you for leaving a review! We appreciate your kind words and were so happy to work with you both and make your dream wedding come true!
  • Cristina

Cristina Caballero · Married on 11/11/2018

Highly recommend it

We are very happy we got married at this location and with the sunset by gulf drive cafe. We were able to plan this wedding being in a different country! Unbelievable, living in south america we decided to contact sunset weddings by email and they arranged it all!! Emails and one skype interview! By the time we got there everything was taken care off, no worries, a perfect beach wedding without the stress. The wedding team really takes care of you!!

The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 35
    The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 40
    The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 41
    The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 42

Cristina,

Thank you for the kind words! Love the pictures you attached of your special day with us! It was so nice to meet you both and work with you. I love the culture you brought in. Hope all is well and hope to see you both again under the hut in the future!

Niesje · Married on 11/03/2018

Best wedding

Let me just say, Stephanie and McKenna blew mine and my husband mind with how gorgeous everything was. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! We were so happy with how everything turned out. It was beyond our expectations. The food was great, all of our guest raved at how good the food was, the shrimp and chicken was a crowd favorite. Stephanie and McKenna were awesome to work with very easy going and catered to our needs and just really gave us everything we asked for. I wouldn’t have changed a thing that they did for us. If you book here you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/13/2018

My dear Niesje,

Thank you for the kind words! We are so happy to hear how pleased you and Jalen are with how everything turned out. It was a pleasure planning with both of you and hope you had a wonderful honeymoon! Please share any of your pictures with us we would love to see how they came out!

Kelli · Married on 09/22/2018

When we started looking at venues for our destination wedding, we came upon The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe and immediately fell in love. We wanted a small intimate wedding with family and friends on the beach. Stefanie brought our dream to reality. The beautiful sand, tiki huts, and the arch in which we were married provided such a stunning background and magical day. We couldn't of had a more perfect day!

Upon booking our destination wedding, we were given a preferred list of local vendors, photographers, etc to contact (which did help being so far away). Unfortunately, Mother Nature brought the red tide our way and a Plan B was made just in case the smell was too bad (thank goodness our wedding day had no issues) but it made me feel much better knowing a back up plan was thought of by Stefanie and her team.

The wait staff made sure drinks were in hand for all our guests at all times. Stefanie and her team had everything covered – guests, seating, our cake / cupcake table, decorations ... everything was BEAUTIFUL!!

The FOOD was amazing! Everyone LOVED it!

Thank you to the entire team at The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe!!!

Kelli & Frank

Sent on 08/20/2018

Kamila · Married on 09/08/2018

When using Guld Drive Cafe, there were absolutely no issues. Stefanie was amazingly responsive with anything and everything we needed. The ceremony and reception was amazing and highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 09/12/2018

The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe's reply:

Kamila, thank you so much for the kind words! It was a pleasure hosting your wedding with us, your family is fun and was glad to see them continue the party afterwards! I hope to see you and Ryan in the near future!

Jessica · Married on 09/04/2018

Stefanie and the entire staff at Gulf Drive Cafe helped to make our wedding absolutely perfect!!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Jessica,
    Thank you for the kind words! It was a pleasure working with you and Adam!

Amy · Married on 07/21/2018

We were treated so well at the sunset. I am a huge fan of organization and it seemed she thought of everything, even things I hadn't given any thought to before. It was a wonderful stress free experience.

The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 43
    Sent on 07/31/2018

Sierra · Married on 06/28/2018

The venue was beautiful! Stefanie and the staff were professional, friendly, and everything ran smoothly! It was pretty easy and fun planning a destination wedding at the venue! Decorations looked awesome! There weren't any surprises along the way. I had my perfect day!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Scott · Married on 06/10/2018

Stefanie at Gulf Drive Cafe is a true professional and her passion shows when you get the honor to work with her. Awesome job Stefanie...Thank you for the memories!!! - Scott & Karen Rushnell

Sent on 06/29/2018
  • W

William · Married on 06/09/2018

Awesome service for our wedding everything was set up on time food and beverages were outstanding.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Emily · Married on 06/02/2018

We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding at the Gulf Drive Cafe! The weather, venue, and service were amazing! Stefanie and Sarah were awesome to work with. We are from out of town so it was nice to have them both as they were so helpful and quick to respond through emails and phone calls during the planning process. I didn’t have to worry about a thing! Also, Sarah was a rockstar the day of!! She was a key role in making our wedding day run smooth and perfect! Multiple guests came up to me and said it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. I have 3 sisters and they all have their sights set on getting married at the Gulf Drive Cafe. We HIGHLY recommend the Gulf Drive Cafe!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Janelle · Married on 05/09/2018

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect at Gulf Drive Cafe! Our wedding coordinator Stephanie was so helpful in every aspect! She had suggestions and advice for everything and was so helpful in planning our wedding! We live out of state and we were a little nervous as we had never even visited the area prior to our rehearsal night. The food, atmosphere, and location are top notch! We had the most beautiful sunset the night of our wedding. The photographer was also amazing! Couldn't have asked for a better place to have our wedding! We highly recommend them! The whole process was simple and easy from start to finish!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Kristin · Married on 05/04/2018

Our wedding was beautiful and absolutely perfect! Stefanie was always so patient during the whole planning process and made the wedding day stress free (as much as possible!) The venue is gorgeous!

The Sunset by Gulf Drive Cafe 44