The Suisse Shop Reviews

The Suisse Shop 5
The Suisse Shop 6
The Suisse Shop 7

Katie · Married on 05/29/2016

The cake was beautiful and delicious! Lisa, and staff were very nice and helpful. We were so happy with our cake! Every guest commented on how great the cake tasted and thought it was lovely. We did as well :) Thank you so much, Suisse Shop!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Carlie · Married on 05/21/2016

Unfortunately we didn't get to eat any of our own cake except when we did the cake cutting. ?? We totally forgot to get some at our seats. Everyone said it was fabulous and it held up great and looked gorgeous of course! The cake tasting experience here was also fabulous and the cake was by far my favorite of the 4 places I did cake tasting. I would highly recommend this bakery for wedding cakes!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 05/07/2016

I loved the Suisse Shop for our wedding. They made a beautiful cake, better than I could have expected and exactly what I wanted. It was also absolutely delicious. We also ordered 150 cookies, because both my husband and I like cookies more. Everything was better than I could have imagined! They were great at the cake testing and accommodated to what I wanted for my wedding day. When they delivered the cake/cookies they set it up without worrying me (the bride) at all, which I think any bride would appreciate! It was perfect. I could not have been happier.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Meagan · Married on 04/30/2016

The Suisse Shop is one of my favorite bakeries in Columbus! Nothing beats your french almond and raspberry… all it does is set up for disappointment when I get french almond somewhere else! The lemon was a close second as well! People were definitely swooning over the chocolate and peanut butter! I am pretty sure people asked for seconds and I saw some people finishing off any evidence of crumbs left behind on strangers plates! Besides the cake tasting wonderful, it looked beautiful and I appreciate you calling and double, triple checking the colors and details of the cake! We were so happy with the results! There was not much in the way of left overs! Thank you again for all your help and amazing work for our special day!

Sent on 07/07/2016

We love The Suisse Shop. We go there often for their cupcakes and cookies. The cake looked great and tasted great. We even had a few pieces left over. I would recommend Lisa and The Suisse Shop to everyone. Not only do you receive great customer service, an amazing wedding day cake, but a fresh anniversary cake to boot!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Oh my gosh! YUM! Those cakes were amazing! I do have to say that, initially, my husband and I were skeptical because the tasting was mediocre. The cakes were good, but not great. So, I was hesitant, but I had heard so many great things about Suisse that we still hung in there. They provided a 4 tier wedding cake and a full sheet grooms cake. We had approx. 130 ppl and very little cake left! Just one box plus the top! We had almond, chocolate with peanut butter filling and lemon cake. They were to die for. Amazing! So hopefully they step up their taste test cause, I would hate for you to miss out on their final product. It's the bomb! Melt in your mouth, soft, smooth icing, just the right amount of flavor, makes you wish you could eat cake all day long everyday and not gain a pound kinda cake. Yes. It's that spectacular.

Sent on 04/19/2016

The Suisse Shop's reply:

thank you so much for a wonderful review. It made our day! You were a pleasure to deal with, and we hope to see you soon.

Michele · Married on 02/13/2016

Amazing! The raspberry filling with white chocolate icing is the most delish combo ever! Go for a tasting...I kept the design simple and the did a wonderful job.

Sent on 04/09/2016

Rebecca · Married on 11/10/2015

They made a beautiful wedding cake for us & do great birthday cakes for my children as well. Very easy over email to communicate!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Billy · Married on 10/03/2015

Lisa and the Suisse Shop were superb. Everyone loved the cupcakes we got for our wedding and everything was set up/displayed perfectly. We could not have asked for better cupcakes for the price and for those reasons why highly recommend.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Colleen · Married on 08/01/2015

Other than saying "yes", choosing The Suisse Shop was the easiest wedding decision I made. My family had been coming here for years for cakes (the Italian Cassatta is phenomenal) and other treats, so getting our wedding cake here was a no-brainer. I honestly think the most difficult part of the experience was choosing which flavors we wanted because EVERYTHING tasted amazing. The process was very simple and stress-free. We ordered more than enough cake for the reception and still ran out by the end of the night, with many guests trying one of each of the three flavor combinations we had. It was very important to me that we didn't just have a wedding cake, but that we had a wedding cake that was top of the line quality that our guests would really enjoy. The Suisse Shop achieved this and I could not be happier with our experience. You cannot go wrong with this place!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Carmen · Married on 10/11/2014

The Suisse Shop was easy to work with and helped us design a beautiful and elegant cake. We got a small cake and many cupcakes, and each flavor was delicious.

Sent on 05/18/2015

thank you very much for the wonderful review!

I ordered my wedding cake (yellow cake, raspberry filling, french buttercream) with Lisa from Suisse shop as well 6 side cakes (2 Midnight cakes, Chocolate drizzle, Suisse Almond, Lemon, Red Velvet) and they were all so amazing looking and so tasteful. The Suisse Shop reproduced exactly the picture of the wedding cake I showed them and I received many great comments about how good it looked. All cakes were amazing and I received many compliments from my guests (some of them had 4 pieces!). I highly recommend the Suisse Shop - their employees will also take great care of you and deliver exactly what is promised!

Sent on 09/05/2014

• Renee

Renee · Married on 04/19/2014

Delicious cake. Beautiful design. Super friendly service. Couldn't ask for more!

I actually made my arrangements from out of town, which went very smoothly. I had an exact vision in mind of what I wanted, and Olivia created exactly what I wanted. The price was also less than what I anticipated. I can't wait to have my 1 year anniversary cake, which is complementary (and so much better than having something frozen).

Sent on 05/10/2014

Rebecca · Married on 10/05/2013

We absolutely loved our wedding cake! Darlene is incredibly professional and was very flexible with us while we were planning our wedding from out of state. Darlene is very organized and willing to help with design when we weren't exactly sure what we wanted. On the day of the wedding, she gave very specific instructions to the staff of our venue to make sure the slices were cut properly to get the most pieces. Each type of cake was labeled, so people knew what they were eating.

The cake itself is fantastic! It is not a what I call "fake sweet" type of cake. It doesn't seem heavily loaded with sugar and icing. The seedless raspberry filling is the best filling we've ever had. The cake was light and fluffy. She using European-style recipes and only the best ingredients. We tried lots of cakes and this was hands down the best product in Columbus! The ingredients are worth every penny.
    The design was everything we wanted. Very simple and elegant. We had a red ribbon on the top and bottom layer, then a "Block O" in the middle tier of the cake. It was absolutely perfect. Also, instead of worrying about keeping the top layer of your cake, Darlene will make you a new cake for your first anniversary. We are so excited for our one year anniversary cake! Thank you Darlene and Suisse Shop! Everyone loved the cake!

Sent on 10/19/2013

Dance · Married on 02/09/2013

The Suisse Shop Bakery is the place for unique and scrumptious wedding cakes and more. They offer a nice range of flavors to keep all tastebuds happy as well as offering admiring designs. Everyone at the reception was impressed with everything from the cake's tastiness to presentation.

Sent on 02/12/2013

I wanted a desert bar instead of traditional cake. I am picky because I bake as well. Everything is made from scratch, no box mixes here! Everything was delicious and beautiful. The assorment of dessert were fun and guest loved the bite sized options!

Sent on 09/25/2012

Tami · Married on 09/15/2012

Absolutely delicious - wonderful European recipes. Love the butter-cream icing. Custom designs and hundreds of flavor combinations. Love that a fresh 1 year anniversary cake is included with our order - no freezer cake! Highly recommend to anyone.

Sent on 09/29/2012

I had a small cake as well as multiple mini desserts for my wedding and I can tell you EVERYTHING was perfect! It was on the higher end of pricing, but that's exactly what this product is, high-end! Every penny was worth it. They were so nice and helpful with all of my numerous questions!

Top-notch quality and service! All of my guests were raving!!

Sent on 11/13/2012

Amber · Married on 08/24/2012

Looked beautiful and tasted great. We don't like fondant, so the Suisse Shop made the icing so smooth that it looked like fondant only tasted a million times better. I've used this bakery twice now (our wedding and an anniversary party for my parents several years ago). They were awesome both times.

Sent on 09/02/2012

Rebecca · Married on 11/11/2011

We decided not to go with a traditional wedding cake so we got cupcakes and horseshoe cookies! The quality of the baked goods from The Suisse Shop is AMAZING! Go ahead and taste cakes at other bakeries, but I guarantee you won't find anything that even comes close to this! Thank you Suisse Shop for making treats for my guests that they're still talking about!

Sent on 11/21/2011

Michelle · Married on 10/01/2011

Our cake was UNBELIEVABLE... taste and look. I had a very unique vision of a pumpkin or spice cake with no frosting except in between the layers, and they executed it to perfection. Even though this type of cake was "semi-new" to them, they didn't hesitate to make it work!! We had three other flavors of sheet cake to set out and all kinds were delicious.

Sent on 06/08/2012

Erin · Married on 05/07/2011

Our wedding cake from Suisse Shop was absolutely fantastic! Not only was it BEAUTIFUL, it was by far the best tasting cake I've ever had. We had guests ranting about how good it was and I even saw a few going up for 3 and 4 helpings. I highly recommend the white chocolate cake with raspberries and devils food with truffle!

Sent on 05/31/2011

Miranda · Married on 03/26/2011

Excellent cake done by Re Ryznar. She put a lot of time and personal touch to make our perfect wedding cake. I would recommend her and the bakery to anyone!

Sent on 06/07/2012
  • Kristine

Kristine · Married on 07/04/2010

Wish I would have chose them over The Cake Studio. They have great tasting cakes, beautiful designs, and the owner is very down-to-earth, funny, kind. Will recommend to anyone!

Sent on 08/03/2010

Shannon · Married on 03/28/2009

I was apprehensive at first by the cost of this vendor for our wedding cake, but was assured that it was worth the price. They were SO right. The Suisse Shop delivered the best tasting wedding cake I have ever tasted. The staff was wonderful and easy to deal with. We could not have asked for a better experience with them.

Sent on 05/18/2010