The Suisse Shop Reviews

The Suisse Shop 5
The Suisse Shop 6
The Suisse Shop 7

Jenna · Married on 01/07/2017

When beginning to look for different bakeries for a cake for the wedding, I stopped after we tasted cake from The Suisse Shop. The cake is delicious and the icing melts in your mouth-my guests couldn't stop raving about how wonderful it was. Lisa was fantastic to work with and made everything run smoothly. I never felt pressured about any decisions and she genuinely wanted to make sure we got what we wanted. I highly recommend The Suisse Shop to anyone looking for a bakery. Looking forward to the free anniversary cake in a year!

Sent on 01/09/2017

Tonya · Married on 10/29/2016

We couldn't give enough praise to The Suisse Shop. Not only was the cake beautiful but everyone couldn't rave enough about the taste. I know anytime we or any of our family have a major event this is where our cakes will be coming from. Everyone was so friendly and worked really hard to make us the cake of our dreams. Thank you again.

Sent on 12/10/2016

Tovah · Married on 10/08/2016

The cake and cupcakes were so good! I wish our family could have tried to cake but our caterer failed to do her job and actually cut the cake tiers and pass them out to our family. We ended up with a lot of left over cake because of it, but that's okay because it was so good! Our guests loved the cupcakes and everyone had wonderful things to say about them. There is not a single thing negative I could say! We left for our honeymoon a week after our wedding and put the left over cake in the freezer and then ate it again when we got back from our honeymoon and it still tasted good two weeks later. We would definitely recommended the Suisse Shope to everyone!

Sent on 11/30/2016

Cheyenne · Married on 10/08/2016

They did an amazing job on our cake and cupcakes. We loved the delivery driver! Lisa made our experience super. Our cake tasting is my favorite memory of wedding planning together. Highly recommend them. All the cake is amazing! We got a 2 tier cake and 150 cupcakes.

Sent on 11/25/2016

Lauren · Married on 10/01/2016

We absolutely loved our cake! The presentation was phenomenal. We received many compliments on how classic, elegant, and beautiful it was! Not to mention the taste! The cake was so flavorful but in a subtle way and the perfect combination of moist as well as light. The icing had great flavor as well and was perfectly portioned to not be overwhelming to the cake. Our family and bridal party enjoyed getting to share in it with us! We are looking forward to trying more of your fantastic creations and highly recommend you to all our friends! We are especially looking forward to our Anniversary cake :) Transport the cake was very easy and we appreciated the advice as well as the grip pad provided to allow us to safely get our cake to the venue!

Sent on 01/08/2017

Alina · Married on 09/21/2016

We were extremely happy with the cake. It was both delicious and incredibly beautiful. We received so many compliments on it!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/17/2016

We have nothing but positive things to say! Most people said it was the best wedding cake they ever had. We only had about 3 pieces left of our wedding cake and a couple cupcakes. Everything else was gone! We had enough for 150 people and had about 100 guests so that should say something. We ate everything the next day for breakfast. I think you guys are worth every penny.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Cheryl · Married on 09/16/2016

The Suisse Shop provided two cakes for our wedding at North Bank Pavillion on 9/16/16. From the first meeting/cake testing to the actual wedding day they were punctual, professional and extremely kind. The cakes were stunningly beautiful and everyone commented on how moist and delicious they were. After the cake testing, our niece promptly requested her birthday cake be order from the Suisse Shop as well so I guess we'll be calling them come December!!

Sent on 09/29/2016
  • F

Fawn · Married on 08/28/2016

Everything about our wedding cake was perfect! It was delicious and it turned out exactly as I had imagined. Thank you for bringing it to reality!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Melanie · Married on 08/27/2016

AMAZING! The flavor of the raspberry filling was unbelievable - we actually had guests trying to scoop up seconds from other guests. We picked up the cake (it was smaller) and had no problems. It looked beautiful just like we ordered. I've already told my wife I want my birthday cake from here.

Sent on 09/14/2016

When you think of THE BEST cake in Columbus, Ohio you think of The Suisse Shop. We had a three tier cake, each tier being a different flavor. And we still can't decide which flavor we liked better. We chose a design that was completely buttercream and it came out outstanding! Better yet, I am not fond of cake, however, The Suisse Shop surly made me a cake lover. The cake was delicious, beautiful, and still talked about! I would highly recommend The Suisse Shop!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Kendra · Married on 08/07/2016

The Suisse Shop did our wedding cake and grooms cake. Both were delicious and looked fantastic. My fiancé loved their almond cake and I loved their lemon cake, but all the flavors were delicious it was hard to choose. Our wedding cake ended up being three layers of almond cake with raspberry and French buttercream; lemon cake with lemon buttercream; and chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream; French buttercream on the outside. Our guests raved about how good the cake tasted. Not only was out cakes delicious they were also beautiful looking. We loved everything about our experience here. The Suisse Shop was 5 stars all around and we would definitely recommend them for any cake needs.

Sent on 09/18/2016

Nella · Married on 08/06/2016

With my now husband we always used to get cupcakes from The Suisse Shop because we absolutely love everything they have. So when we got engaged we were 100% sure that our cake had to be from there. We couldn't be more right, the cake was delicious as we knew it would be and it was absolutely beautiful. We had half of the pieces as regular chocolate with cream cheese frosting and half as white chocolate with white chocolate frosting. Everyone loved the cake and the decoration, I brought flowers the day before and they did a perfect work. What is best, even though we froze some cake because I was not able to eat it at the reception and we left for our honeymoon the next day, we didn't had to because we'll get also a small cake for our 1 year anniversary. Amazing service!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Danielle · Married on 08/06/2016

Our wedding cake was fantastic! Everyone loved it and it fit our theme perfectly. It was EXACTLY what I had envisioned. The cake tasting was great, and everyone at the shop was east to work with. Our cake was well worth the investment. We can't wait to taste it again next year :)

Sent on 11/21/2016

Katharine · Married on 07/31/2016

This is the 3rd time my family has used the Suisse Shop for a wedding cake; each for my 2 sisters (2012, 2014), and this past time for my own wedding cake (July 2016). We kept returning because our experience, beauty of the cakes, and most importantly, the wonderful taste of the cakes! We received SO MANY compliments on how great our cake tasted. At the cake tasting, all of their flavors were so good, so it was tough to narrow it down because you can't go wrong with any combination! I went with the white chocolate cake with raspberry filing, and french buttercream. YUM! Our cake was so delicate and lightly sweet -- perfect for our summer wedding! It honestly seemed like every guest of ours ate their piece of cake because we barely had any leftovers to take home, even though we ordered slices for 15+ people over headcount. I know a few of our guests went back for 2nd's and 3rd's!
    I would highly recommend to any bride looking for a cake vendor! Lisa was easy to communicate with either in person, over the phone, or via email. I emailed them photos of my cake inspiration, and they matched it! We also used/rented one of their beautiful cake stands which is $35 if you pay via credit card, or free if you pay via cash or check! You just need to return within a few days after your wedding, which is a good deal!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Rachel · Married on 07/16/2016

Let me start with I'm not really a cake or cupcake person. That being said, I would eat anything the Suisse Shop has to offer. Everything we tasted was so delicious. And everything looks as beautiful as it tastes.

The Suisse Shop was the first place my husband decided to try. We had a tasting with Lisa which was a lot of fun. She stepped out for a moment during it and we asked each other if we even needed to bother going anywhere else. It was so good, we decided to book on the spot. We didn't even go to any other shops and we couldn't be happier with our decision.

Sent on 08/11/2016

Jenie · Married on 06/24/2016

The Suisse Shop has the best cake and flavors I have ever tasted! They were so helpful with the questions we had and each time we spoke they were just so nice! I would strongly suggest anyone here for any event cake, especially a wedding!

Sent on 07/31/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/18/2016

Thank you so much with all your help with the wedding cake/cupcakes. Everything looked perfect! They arrived at the perfect time to allow setup. I can't stop talking about how delicious the cupcakes were. I just had a couple, who will be getting married next year, ask me where they were from. They were blown away how good they were. We went to a few different places before choosing The Suisse Shop, and they were all just ok. They were the typical "sugary" cakes. The Suisse Shops are so creamy, sweet and FANTASTIC! I really can't say enough good things about you guys. Thank you again for everything!
    Ashley & Matt.

Lindsay · Married on 06/18/2016

The Suisse Shop was an easy choice for us! Everything was PERFECT from our cake tasting up through our wedding night. I'm not a huge cake fan but I struggled to choose the flavors for our cake because they were ALL delicious. We ended choosing a 5-tier cake with 3 flavors (try the raspberry marmalade!!!!!) and we couldn't have chosen any better. The entire cake was GONE. We had to-go boxes (consider doing it, you do not want this cake going to waste) and I saw people piling up their boxes to take cake home. Weeks after and people are still asking me about the cake and where it came from. With it being so close, we will be forever clients! Thank you Suisse Shop for mimicking our Pinterest cake so remarkably! Everything was phenomenal! Choose Suisse Shop =)

Sent on 07/10/2016

Beautiful and delicious cake! So many options to choose from and wonderful to work with.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Shannon · Married on 06/16/2016

The cake they made was fantastic!! It looked so beautiful, and it matched the overall style of the wedding perfectly. And the delicious frosting smelled amazing - you could smell it even just walking past it! We had so many comments from our guests about how much they enjoyed the cake, and they of course wanted to know where we got it :)

Sent on 07/01/2016

Allison · Married on 06/11/2016

Our wedding cake was absolutely perfect! We got so many compliments on how beautiful and delicious it was! Lisa was easy to work with and totally knocked our design out of the park.

• User4619158 · 2+ years ago

The Suisse Shop is super easy to work with and their cakes are not only gorgeous, but also delicious. I would definitely recommend to all brides out there!

Sent on 06/26/2016

The cupcakes were delicious! All my guests loved the cupcakes too! They were everything we hoped and so much more. Even more, they were definitely a part in making our wedding a memorable event. All of their staff was very kind and accommodating. If there was any trouble or issues, I did not notice. The cupcakes were delivered on time, along with the cupcake stand and set up in a timely manner. I know that the morning of my wedding, we realized that no one had dropped off the flowers to decorate our 6 inch round. My cousin and their staff ended up solving the problem and taking care of everything. Overall, we had a great experience working with Suisse Shop and definitely plan on using their services again in the future.

Sent on 07/05/2016

Ayleen · Married on 06/04/2016

The cake tastes amazing and they did a great job designing what we asked for! Totally recommend them!

Sent on 07/04/2016