The Suisse Shop Reviews

136 Reviews for The Suisse Shop

• Kathleen

Kathleen Lamb · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Wonderful cake!

Throughout our wedding planning process, the Suisse Shop was very prompt in responding to our questions and very professional. Krista did a great job explaining our options. We tried some cupcakes to sample the flavors (as we had a small wedding with fewer than 40 guests). We settled on the almond cake with raspberry filling and the red velvet with French buttercream for our two flavors. The cake was beautifully decorated to our specifications, it was moist, and it was very flavorful. Our guests raved about how good it was, and many had second servings. We will utilize the Suisse Shop for other upcoming family events!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Ag · Married on 09/18/2020

Wedding cake

The Suisse shop did our our wedding cake and cupcakes and they were beautiful! Not to mention delicious. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/14/2020

Lorena Nelson · Married on 09/06/2020

Fantastic!

I bought a wedding cake for a gift for my cousin’s wedding. Absolutely hands down wonderful experience! My cousin and her husband literally raved about the cake and said “ it was the best tasting cake they ever had in their whole life” Not to mention all the guest who had a piece also commenting on how delicious it was and sad that I had brought the cake from out of town. So kudos to a beautiful and delicious cake!

Sent on 10/14/2020
  • Brittaney

Brittaney Walker · Married on 07/20/2020

Great Cake-Promised & Delivered

Our wedding cake was a hit! Thank you for delivering on time and as promised. Visually the cake appeared as discussed and sketched. My guests loved the flavors we picked and mentioned the cake was "sweet" and "tore my mouth out!" During our cake cutting and enjoying the moment, we loved every bite. We did have a few slices left over, so thank you for the provided box. Sadly, we never had the chance to eat a full slice of each layer. We are already looking forward to the free anniversary cake. Looking back at the photographs from guests and our photographer, I like the silver cake plate provided and what a subtle way to promote your business around the edge. Due to Covid, I was really nervous about being able to still have my event after all the planning and preparation. I wish that instead of having to call to make sure things were still on, your business could have reached out to reassure. However, that is so minor and due to the time, understandable. I would definitely recommend anyone to get a cake (not just future couples)! We will be back. These pictures are not owned by a photographer.

Thank you for your services and helping to make our day special.

The Barnes Family,

Sent on 08/31/2020

Rebecca Hamlin · Married on 12/07/2019

Wedding Cake

I’m not sure I can describe in words how beautifully delicious our cake was but it truly was perfect! It was a pleasure working with Krista and we can’t thank her and her team enough for making our wedding cake dreams come true!

Sent on 01/09/2020

Bailey · Married on 11/16/2019

Delicious!

Our wedding cake was delicious! We had so many guests comment on how great the cake was! (A handful on how they ate multiple pieces) It was a simple process and everything turned out perfectly. Totally would recommend!

Sent on 11/24/2019
  • Aneta

Aneta Domazetovski · Married on 10/26/2019

Wonderful!

Our wedding cake was so wonderful! We heard nothing but how delicious the cake was from all our guests!

I can’t think of anything else that would have been done to make our experience with you better.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Amanda · Married on 10/04/2019

Nothing short of amazing

The Sussie Shop is/was amazing. Krista and her staff are amazing to work with. From the taste testing to the communications and quick responses to the stress free delivery. They cake was delicious. All our quest raved about it. Chocolate layer was all gone. She turned my wedding cake dream into a reality! Thank you all so much

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • · Married on 09/20/2019

Loved my beautiful wedding cake!

Thank you so much for creating our wedding cake for us. Everyone raved about the cake from the moment it was brought out. It was so beautiful to look at and the way you placed the flowers was excellent. Not only was it pretty but it was beyond delicious. It’s rare when you have a vision and it comes to life exactly as it was in your head and I am so pleased to say that it was exactly the way I imagined it. We had no issues with the process or communication with you.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Carrie Elrod · Married on 08/24/2019

Great experience & delicious desserts!

My husband and I had a great experience working with the Suisse Shop for our wedding! We opted to do a small 3-tier cake along with cupcakes, lemon bars, pecan bars, and cupcakes to create a great spread of desserts. The spread was beautiful and our guests LOVED the desserts. By the end of the night, the table was almost empty and our cake was completely gone! It was all so delicious. Krista was easy to work with and we would 100% recommend The Suisse Shop for your wedding!

Sent on 09/27/2019

Paula · Married on 08/13/2019

Best cake ever

The Suisse Shop did it again! Our daughter's wedding cake was amazing! So beautiful and delicious. Everyone at the wedding loved it. This has always been our daughter's favorite cake. She specifically asked for this for her first communion cake when she was 8yrs. old and the only cake she ever wants for her birthday. I wasn't surprised this was the only cake she would consider for her wedding. Best decision ever!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Gabriella · Married on 08/10/2019

Excellent experience

My husband and I absolutely loved the Suisse Shop. They do an excellent job with presentation and our wedding cake looked spectacular. They also do a wonderful job with the flavor, and we ended up choosing cake flavors we normally wouldn't like but the Suisse Shop made them taste so good! I highly recommend them for any bride or groom looking for a cake. Trust me, you won't regret it.

Sent on 08/11/2019

Jim Waterwash · Married on 06/08/2019

Great Experience

Wow, what a great looking and tasting cake! We were so happy with The Suisse Shop!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Sent on 06/14/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 05/18/2019

Superb! Great quality

I have to say the cake was the best part of our wedding. We got so many compliments on it. And what do you know!, it’s all gone haha. I was so amazed at how I presented you a picture of what I wanted and how you recreated that picture. It was perfect. The cake tasted amazing. You guys even got the color of our cake perfect, even though I was unable to get it together and bring a color swatch by. For the price of the cake I think we got everything and more than we needed or wanted. The Suisse shop is one of a kind. And I am so grateful that we made you a part of our wedding. I honestly have no complaints. You held up your end. And we were in love with our cake. Thank you so much for everything! It made our day so special.

Sent on 06/15/2019

Lindsey Hetrick · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing cake!

The Suisse Shop did it again! They made such a beautiful cake at my sister's wedding about a year ago, and hit it out of the park again for my wedding! I can't thank them enough for the entire process. The cake tasting was fun and it was very good. It was hard to choose the different flavors for each layer of our wedding cake. If you want a cake that is so delicious and the design is beautiful, then you need to go to The Suisse Shop. Krista is the one who helped us throughout the process, and she is very knowledgeable at what she does. She helped us determine how many layers would be perfect for the amount of people we were expecting. I continue to get asked where I ordered my cake from, and without hesitation I tell them and highly recommend they go there when they are in town. Also, I can't wait for our 1 year anniversary cake! That is going to be so much better than freezing our top layer would have been! Thank you Suisse Shop, you have impressed me more than words can describe!

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Ally

Ally · Married on 04/06/2019

Love Suisse Shop!

When we were planning our wedding we did tastings at two different bakeries, the Suisse Shop and another. Hands down our experience with the tasting at Suisse Shop was superior! Not only was the cake more delicious with more unique flavors, but being able to try the various combinations in one sitting was awesome. We went with half almond cake with apricot filling and half lemon cake with mango filling, and both were light and delicious, and our guests loved them! Of course the cake was also beautiful :) They worked with us and our florist to place the flowers on the cake for us. We would recommend Suisse Shop for wedding cakes in Columbus over and over!

Sent on 04/28/2019

Julia Cook · Married on 04/05/2019

Excellent cake!

Our wedding cake was not only beautiful, but also very tasty! We chose almond cake with raspberry filling and chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream. Everything arrived on time to the venue with no issues. We appreciated the reliability! They were very responsive, accommodating and overall very easy to work with! We highly recommend The Suisse Shop!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Alexandra · Married on 02/23/2019

Everything was Perfect!

Everything was absolutely perfect! They were great to work with! Our cake turned our beautiful and tasted great! The desserts were so cute and everyone loved them (we didn’t get a chance to try them since the night went so fast). We were extremely happy we went with them for our big day!

Sent on 03/19/2019

Amanda · Married on 01/05/2019

The Suisse Shop is wonderful

The cake was the best cake ever. Myself, my husband and our guest loved it! The staff and Krista were awesome. I highly reccomend them for any event that you need an awesome beautiful delicious cake for!

Sent on 02/10/2019
  • Haley

Haley Thompson · Married on 12/22/2018

Perfection!

Our wedding cake was gorgeous and DELICIOUS! I had guests tell us it was the best wedding cake they’ve ever had. Every flavor was spot on and the icing was perfect. It was decorated beautifully and my husband and I had a lot of fun smushing it into each other’s faces when we cut the cake! 😆 I cannot thank the Suisse Shop enough for how wonderful it turned out!! We ordered a larger cake than we really needed, but it didn’t last long. We loved eating it again later that night, and the next day, and the next! Haha. Thanks again!!! :)

Sent on 01/24/2019

Mallory Minter-Mohr · Married on 11/03/2018

Converted cake haters!

We absolutely LOVED the cake and so did our guests! Everyone that I talked to raved about the cake and asked me what the flavors were and where we got it. I even had a friend who was there that is a notorious cake hater saying they all taste the same, but his wife forced him to try some and he thought it was amazing! So you have officially converted him to your cakes! The cake was beautiful looking as well and everything was exactly what we wanted. The only thing we would have done different is order more chocolate with peanut butter because it disappeared instantly after cutting. We are already counting down the days to our one year anniversary just to get our anniversary cake, haha!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Becca · Married on 10/20/2018

We loved our wedding cakes!

They were awesome to work with, timely on responses. Set it up. Very pleasant with my family. The cakes were awesome and tasted fantastic. I have a lot of compliments on them.

Sent on 12/20/2018

Heather · Married on 10/13/2018

Our wedding cake was absolutely the best cake we have ever eaten! We had many of our guests tell us that they ate more than one slice and enjoyed every bite! We cannot wait for our anniversary cake and will continue to be customers of the Suisse Shop. It was everything we wanted and more! We highly recommend this cake for anyone planning a wedding, they worked with our last minute changes and intricate details with pleasure.

Sent on 10/12/2018
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Sokari · Married on 10/13/2018

Only bakery we will ever go to!

We used The Suisse Shop for our wedding and were thrilled with everything! Their cake and frosting is second to none. We don't go anywhere else now for birthday cakes or cupcakes. Heck, we will just buy a cake when we have the craving! Not only did our cake taste sinfully amazing, but it looked fabulous as well. We had so many compliments on the decor of our cake. Everything turned out just the way we had discussed. When I wanted to make a change just a couple weeks before the wedding, they did so happily. They want to make sure their customers are happy. My husband and I are definitely happy!

Sent on 11/05/2018