The Studio I DO Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Cayla H. Married on 06/06/2021

Worth every penny!

We paid for the Photography and DJ/MC Entertainment package for our wedding which was incredibly worthwhile! Gene, his assistant, and the DJ were very professional and fun to be around. The pictures were stunning and they had creative ideas for games and getting people on the dance floor. I would highly recommend their services!
    Chris G. Married on 09/12/2020

Father of the bride

Best wedding party I’ve ever been a part of or been to, many of the guests expressed their appreciation!
    Sarah S. Married on 09/12/2020

The Best Day

Gene, Sam & Joseph made our wedding absolutely wonderful. They were with us from the start of the day capturing our intimate moments and making us feel like family. They killed it in the reception game. There wasn’t a moment when our guests weren’t entertained. Our pictures are BEAUTIFUL. They really capture our love and how great our day was. We truly can’t thank you guys enough!!!
  • Kara
    Kara C. Married on 08/28/2020

Amazing Team!

We booked this vendor for our wedding DJ and photographers. They were AMAZING!! Gene and his team were so prepared, helped me relax and feel amazing on our special day, and were absolutely professional and efficient! I cannot say enough how much they positively impacted our day and even our engagement photo session. So many laughs and smiles! I 100% recommend and I will absolutely be using them in the future! They’re the best people!
    Mariah E. Married on 08/15/2020

Outstanding!!

I cannot recommend The Studio I Do enough!! They were phenomenal and so fun to work with! Their professionalism and experience helped our wedding go so smoothly, and the final product was absolutely amazing. I was blown away by the pictures; they captured so many moments perfectly. We also received tons of compliments from our guests about the DJ. Tad kept people dancing all night. Again, cannot recommend enough.
  • Elena
    Elena L. Married on 10/05/2019

Awesome Company

Studio I Do was very professional and very fun people to work with. They really worked fast and helped us to enjoy the day. Our wedding turned out perfectly. Our engagement session also was a complete blast. They helped with our stress and put us at ease, especially since neither one of us like having our photos taken. We got so many compliments about their DJ as well, really engaging and everyone had fun.
    Sara E. Married on 07/27/2019

Great to work with

Gene has a great portfolio. His prices were right on budget for us without compromising on what we wanted. He has been great to work with and I would highly recommend him to others. He was a key player in making our wedding day perfect! Thank you!
    Trista B. Married on 04/20/2019

Extremely gifted in his art, amazing energy and memorable!!

We did both services The Studio I do offers of photography and the DJ service which I couldn't be more happy and pleased. With the reviews I read , already outstanding! TRULY it far exceeded that to me! Gene and his team work together so well and effortless it amazed me and the guests. On the photography end hes extremely gifted and Tad and him really work well together thinking of anything and everything out of the box, staged.. but artistic and traditional. He really communicates asking what you want in all realms have your pictures being taken the Posed and candid shots being taken unobtrusively where you didn't even realize it ..where they were truly capturing the people being photographed at their most authentic moments.

The DJ service was like nothing I had ever experienced for all the DJs I had been to in the past for previous events. He truly takes a whole new spin on what most do as just the standard group dances. Hes very creative in all realms for all ages truly I could go on and on.

I would highly recommend if you're in need of service for photography or DJ service or both,, you truly would want to go with The Studio I do ,Gene Elrod and his crew.
    I wish we could do the wedding all over again just to have the whole experience all over again😁
  • Katie
    Katie G. Married on 12/31/2018

Surpassed my expectations!!!

Where do I even begin. Gene and his crew did an AMAZING job! I received so many comments from guests on how fun and interactive Gene and his crew were. Guests said they’ve never been to a wedding dance that was that fun and interactive. That was my worst fear as a bride, having a wedding dance where no one dances and Gene and his crew surpassed my expectations!!!! The dance floor was PACKED!!! The night was truly perfect. Thank you again 🤗 highly recommend Studio I Do for your wedding DJ/photographer.
    Kerri Married on 10/13/2018

Studio I DO

Gene, was awesome! Super friendly! the photos were amazing, he made the time go by so fast when taking photos, had us all laughing! I would suggest him to anyone!!
    Shannon C. Married on 09/08/2018

Best of the Best!!!

The Studio I Do Photography and DJ services were amazing for our Special day! The crew were down to earth and super easy to work with! They helped make our day go smoothly and stay on time. As the Bride, I had no worry with our photos or our DJ services. Everything was done to what we wanted. We absolutely love our photos from the day and engagement photos. The DJ service kept our guest engaged and dancing all night long! I have had many many people say we had one of the best and fun weddings they have gone to in a long time. Our dance floor was full the whole night long. The plus of having the company do the DJ service as well, you will have your photographer all day and night! They also have great packages options for everyone!! I will be recommending and have already recommended this company to many who are getting married soon. I just can't say enough how GREAT The Studio I DO is!!!
    Jamie Married on 07/14/2018
    Gene was very accommodating on our changes to wedding plans. Very welcoming to us and calming to our nerves. He made a stressful day seem natural and easy. We would highly recommend him even without seeing the photos
    Alex Married on 06/24/2017
    The Studio I Do did an amazing job capturing our wedding! Gene and his partner were so fun to work with and were always prompt and professional with communication. We would highly recommend The Studio I do to anyone getting married!
    Lexie Married on 06/10/2017
    I don't know where to even begin in regards to The Studio I Do. Gene & Sam work seamlessly together and we are so thankful we booked their services. They truly are the ultimate team. We booked the package where they took pictures all day and also were our DJ's for the dance. Every part of our day these two were involved in and they helped make everything flow seemlessly. Whether it was helping us untangle balloons for our balloon release, helping me situate my dress, or keeping our wedding party together they rocked it while doing it. Our engagement pictures and wedding pictures turned out amazing and they caught all the moments we wanted and more! They also helped keep our dance fun and exciting. There was not 1 time I sat down the entire night and most of our wedding party was the same. We had a blast!! We had a family member get married the weekend after us and it was amazing how many family members said our wedding was so much more fun because of the games played at our reception and the fact that Gene & Sam's music selection kept everyone out on the dance floor. I highly recommend their services. :)
    Becky Married on 05/20/2017
    it was raining and the guys really saved the day. they went out and found the best overhang for pictures and even through the rain the pictures were awesome. thanks

• Ryas
    Ryas O. Married on 01/30/2017

The Studio I do team was creative, passionate, flexible, patient, and FUN!

There were various options for backdrops in Hawaii at our venue , Gene made sure to scope out the venue to maximize the various scenery days prior to the big day. He knew exactly where to take the wedding party for intimate and breath taking moments. We decided to fly Gene out to Hawaii with us to capture our Wedding day and oh boy was it the
    BEST decision I had made. He captured every single special moment and my pictures turned out perfect. A year later, I am still looking at our pictures and video reminiscing the perfect Wedding. Not only did we hire him for our destination wedding but we also hired him for our reception party back home. The Studio I Do team did an outstanding job exceeding my expectations, and I am so blessed to have made new friends during this. Gene, his wife, and his assistant were family to us. We all connected in a way that was very special and we will continue to remain friends with his team! Thank you for your hard work team, there is no other team that would had execute a job so successfully! Aloha! 🤙🏽🌺
    Katie Married on 10/29/2016
    Gene was so great throughout the whole wedding planning process and on our big day! He made both of us feel so comfortable and was very efficient with the time given. His price is VERY fair and we loved our photos! Would definitely recommend Studio I Do to anyone looking for a great wedding photographer! - Matt & Katie LeMair, Married October, 2016
  • User2860787 2+ years ago
    Gene and Sam were awesome to work with. From our engagement photo session to wedding day photos and dj services, everything was wonderful! They made it fun and were quick. They kept people on the dance floor all night!
    Rebecca Married on 10/15/2016
    We had an AMAZING experience with Gene. He is a great photographer and an awesome DJ. He does reception activities in a unique way that made all of the guests feel involved! He knows exactly what he wants to do with the settings of pictures and does them in a fast and efficient way but with the best quality. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer/dj. We had a lot of fun!
    Laura Married on 10/08/2016
    Gene is awesome! So personal, great edits and picture ideas! If you want a stressfree photographer that offers amazing pictures, go with Gene!
  • User2759732 2+ years ago
    Worth every penny spent to have these guys be part of our day. We really enjoyed having Gene and Sam as our photographers. They made our day fun and made the picture part of our day very relaxed. We received several compliments about them throughout the day and couldn't ask for better.
    Ashley Married on 08/27/2016
    We had such an amazing time with Gene & Sam! Would definitely recommend them to anyone! They did the photography & the music at our reception. Heard so many wonderful things from the guests about Gene & Sam!
    Kelsi Married on 07/16/2016
    Gene was excellent to work with! He responds to emails very quickly, very professional, and helped even my shy husband loosen up enough to take fun photos that look "more like us". He came to our family farm for engagement photos, and then drove to IA for our wedding. He picked up on our style and came up with lots of different poses to accommodate us. I liked that we were given a flash drive with all the photos on it to then use when and where we wanted. It allowed us time to decide which photos we wanted to print out, use for thank you cards, etc. Since our wedding, I've seen Gene a few other times at my friends weddings- because they liked him so much as well!
  • User2332172 2+ years ago
    Gene was extremely easy to work with! My fiance doesn't like taking pictures..but Gene got him smiling at having a good time. We had so much fun! They turned out great!!
    Courtney Married on 04/09/2016
    Absolutely loved working with Gene and Sam! They were amazing, fun, and were very good at making you feel comfort able. Pictures and the entire day went smoothly and my husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing Gene or Sam had everything organized and planned and kept everything rolling from pictures to the dance. I have had endless comments on how fun our wedding was! They played all the music we liked and kept the crowd on the dance floor the whole night to where when they quit at midnight the crowd chanted three more songs. They were great more than we imagined and would recommend them to anyone!