The Studio I DO Reviews

73 | Brandon, SD

73 Reviews for The Studio I DO

73 The Studio I DO Reviews

jamie · Married on 07/14/2018

Gene was very accommodating on our changes to wedding plans. Very welcoming to us and calming to our nerves. He made a stressful day seem natural and easy. We would highly recommend him even without seeing the photos

Alex · Married on 06/24/2017

The Studio I Do did an amazing job capturing our wedding! Gene and his partner were so fun to work with and were always prompt and professional with communication. We would highly recommend The Studio I do to anyone getting married!

becky · Married on 05/20/2017

it was raining and the guys really saved the day. they went out and found the best overhang for pictures and even through the rain the pictures were awesome. thanks

Katie · Married on 10/29/2016

Gene was so great throughout the whole wedding planning process and on our big day! He made both of us feel so comfortable and was very efficient with the time given. His price is VERY fair and we loved our photos! Would definitely recommend Studio I Do to anyone looking for a great wedding photographer! - Matt & Katie LeMair, Married October, 2016

Gene and Sam were awesome to work with. From our engagement photo session to wedding day photos and dj services, everything was wonderful! They made it fun and were quick. They kept people on the dance floor all night!

Rebecca · Married on 10/15/2016

We had an AMAZING experience with Gene. He is a great photographer and an awesome DJ. He does reception activities in a unique way that made all of the guests feel involved! He knows exactly what he wants to do with the settings of pictures and does them in a fast and efficient way but with the best quality. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer/dj. We had a lot of fun!

Laura · Married on 10/08/2016

Gene is awesome! So personal, great edits and picture ideas! If you want a stressfree photographer that offers amazing pictures, go with Gene!

Worth every penny spent to have these guys be part of our day. We really enjoyed having Gene and Sam as our photographers. They made our day fun and made the picture part of our day very relaxed. We received several compliments about them throughout the day and couldn't ask for better.

Ashley · Married on 08/27/2016

We had such an amazing time with Gene & Sam! Would definitely recommend them to anyone! They did the photography & the music at our reception. Heard so many wonderful things from the guests about Gene & Sam!

Kelsi · Married on 07/16/2016

Gene was excellent to work with! He responds to emails very quickly, very professional, and helped even my shy husband loosen up enough to take fun photos that look "more like us". He came to our family farm for engagement photos, and then drove to IA for our wedding. He picked up on our style and came up with lots of different poses to accommodate us. I liked that we were given a flash drive with all the photos on it to then use when and where we wanted. It allowed us time to decide which photos we wanted to print out, use for thank you cards, etc. Since our wedding, I've seen Gene a few other times at my friends weddings- because they liked him so much as well!

Gene was extremely easy to work with! My fiance doesn't like taking pictures..but Gene got him smiling at having a good time. We had so much fun! They turned out great!!

Courtney · Married on 04/09/2016

Absolutely loved working with Gene and Sam! They were amazing, fun, and were very good at making you feel comfort able. Pictures and the entire day went smoothly and my husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing Gene or Sam had everything organized and planned and kept everything rolling from pictures to the dance. I have had endless comments on how fun our wedding was! They played all the music we liked and kept the crowd on the dance floor the whole night to where when they quit at midnight the crowd chanted three more songs. They were great more than we imagined and would recommend them to anyone!

Matt · Married on 10/10/2015

Gene was very accommodating! We knew nothing about wedding planning and Gene made us feel comfortable to ask him any question. We called him several times with non picture related questions. He always answered our call and was very helpful. As far as taking pictures, him and his team took great photos and we're really easy to work with. Pictures the day of the wedding went quick, so everyone stayed fresh. They didn't drag on at a slow pace like some weddings I have been in. He also did a great job as a DJ.

Loved working with Gene as my wedding photographer. Engagement pictures were great and he was very flexible with the time we took them as we had to reschedule as I was sick. We have not gotten our wedding pictures back yet as we were just married a week ago but we had a great time taking the pictures. Gene and Sam took a lot of pictures that we think will turn out great and took any and all suggestions we had and were willing to do whatever silly poses we wanted after we got our serious family pictures done. I highly recommend the Studio I Do-especially for the price!

Gene and Sam did such an amazing job with both pictures and DJing for the reception. The wedding party and family all commented on Gene and Sam remembering everyone by name. Many comments were made on how great the reception and DJ were. We know the pictures are going to turn out great and everything turned out better than we could have imagined.

We had the pleasure of working with both Gene and Pamela. They were professional and easy to work with the entire time from the engagement pictures to the wedding! My now-husband and I felt at ease though neither one of us is very photogenic, but Gene and Pamela found a way to bring out the best in us! We would absolutely recommend Studio I Do to any couple looking for quality, affordable wedding pictures!

Melinda · Married on 08/08/2015

We were early planners and contacted The Studio I Do almost a year and a half in advance. From then until the day of communication was always given with prompt replies and understanding of our trying to plan our South Dakota wedding from California. We used the Photography + DJ/MC package which included our engagement session also. The pictures looked absolutely amazing and we received them all, edited and with a release, in quick time. The DJ part of the package was just as good. They made sure to keep it a fun evening and getting everyone out on the floor. Not only was it wonderful quality but working with Gene for both the engagement and wedding photos was such fun. My husband is very reserved and it was fun seeing him open up during this thanks to Gene's great and fun attitude! We had the other photographer Sam on the wedding day as well and he had great ideas and input to add in to really complete the day. A great team! I highly recommend them to anyone looking, well worth the price you get so much more than just great quality photos. Great job!

After attending a family members wedding, we knew we had to have Gene and Sam as our photographers/DJ on our big day! We actually changed our wedding date to make sure to obtain Gene as our photographer and we our so thankful we did. We could not have been more happy and pleased with the professionalism, creativity & kindness we received from them both the entire day. They were fantastic with letting us all know where to be & what to do while taking our photos and keeping it light and fun for everyone. We will be recommending your services to all our family and friends. Thank you Gene and Sam for giving us the most memorable day of our lives.

I wish I could give Gene & Sam a 10.0/5.0 for overall rating! They were incredible!! Book them now. We hired Gene as photographer as well as DJ for our wedding day. First off, we had engagement pictures. Gene asked me to send him ideas that I wanted to be sure we got. I sent him a lot of ideas and when we showed up for our session, Gene had them memorized! He coordinated our session and told us how to pose and where. Then we got all the edits within a week! There wasn't a single one (of 600) we didn't like. After that we could not wait for our wedding day because we knew he'd be just as efficient then too. Gene and Sam were fantastic. We got all the images that I wanted for our wedding day and some that we never would have thought of!! We've had numerous compliments on our reception as well. Gene and Sam kept the crowd entertained and caught some great pictures of the crowd! I HIGHLY recommend them to everyone. Why get a separate DJ and photographer when you can get both in the same package with the best photographer in the Sioux Falls area! :) The best part for me was that he doesn't put his name across the whole photo and you get full printing rights. I didn't want a photographer that ruins my photo by putting their name across the whole image or an entire corner. Gene is personable, funny, organized, and a great photographer. Hire The Studio I DO, you won't be disappointed!

Rhonda · Married on 06/27/2015

Gene Elrod is a true professional. I hope we can have him at our next child's wedding! He was great to work with prior to the wedding, gave us superior photos for both the engagement and wedding photos of our daughter and son in law. He was so awesome as our DJ at the wedding and the dance. We received tons of comments on how he kept everything moving along and there was never a dull moment. He was so cooperative with our ideas and anything we needed him to say the night of the reception. It was great to have engagement photos, wedding photos and the DJ all in one nice package rather than working with a separate photographer and separate DJ. In the end each family and the bride and groom were given a thumb drive with the photos and can print what we would like. I'd recommend Gene to everyone!

These guys were amazing! They kept my guests laughing and entertained the whole night! I couldn't of wished for more! Thanks so much!

Ashley · Married on 09/27/2014

Gene is such a great and easy going photographer to work with. He gives great direction while still making you feel free to suggest shots and give input. Very professional and makes everyone feel comfortable with picture taking. He got so many compliments from everyone involved in our wedding for making family and group photos go off seamlessly. I would definitely recommend The Studio I Do for anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

terra · Married on 09/20/2014

We were very pleased with the service. Gene made our special day very fun and memorable he was great to work with and all my guests really enjoyed him!!! Engagement pictures and wedding pictures were awesome!! Thanks for everything!

Megan and Mitchell · Married on 09/05/2014

Geno was easy to work with and energetic. We were definitely satisfied with his performance. He knew we were stressed and understood. He made things happen, even when other things were going wrong. The dance was amazing! His song choices went along with exactly what we asked him for. Couldn't have asked for a better DJ. He also contributed music to our ceremony and gave us just what we asked for :).
    He also took some photos at the dance for us that turned out great! Talented guy. Very thankful that we found him for our wedding!