The Studio by AP Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Andrew R. Married on 11/11/2022

Amazing experience

Asia was great! She made sure the surprise proposal in the DR went smooth. She knew the resort and the places that would produce the best pictures on the property! 10/10!

The Studio by AP's reply:

Dear Andrew! Thank you so much for your review. It means the world to me! My best wishes for you and Jess in this new stage of your life!
    Maria G. Married on 05/07/2022

Amazing!

The Studio took the most beautiful pictures of our wedding !!! We knew we made the right decision by choosing them as our wedding photographer when we received our first pictures back!! Amazing amazing work done by amazing people! 10/10 experience !

The Studio by AP's reply:

Maria dear, thank you for your words, we really appreciate you taking the time to give us these kind words. We wish you a great marriage!
    Siobhan M. Married on 03/23/2022

Fun, friendly and professional

Phenomenal work and a pleasure to work with!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Clara L. Married on 02/07/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely amazing photo & video wedding team

Paloma and her team were incredible! They really took the time to understand our style and what we wanted from our wedding photos. On the day of the wedding, they were really kind, easy going but super professional at the same time and made sure to capture the type of photos we wanted. The result? INCREDIBLE photos that we love so much! The wedding video and the short trailer are also a must and they did a fantastic job. Don't hesitate, you will not regret this vendor. The Studio team is professional, super nice, extremely responsive (not that common for the Carribean)...Thanks again so much!

The Studio by AP's reply:

Clara dear, I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this review, I am so glad you enjoyed the result; it was lovely to meet you and your family and capture those memories of such a special day. We wish you guys the best.
  • Jessica
    Jessica M. Married on 05/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

They are incredible and full of positive energy!

It hard to put into words how elated my husband and I are that we got to work with this this team for the most amazing weekend of our lives. We started working with them in mid 2019 for a destination wedding we inevitably had to postpone and ultimately cancel due to COVID-19. They stuck with us and compassionately planned again for our back to back Indian/Beach hybrid weddings, no small task to say the least. We were blown away by the details and support from the team and feel so blessed for the experiences that will last forever. Love them the the moon and back!

The Studio by AP's reply:

My dear Jessica, thank you! thank you! thank you! for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time and the love you show in these words, couples like you guys are worth everything. Love you more! Asia & Team
  • Grace
    Grace Married on 04/17/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing, professional, and creative!

I couldn’t be happier with how our wedding photos came out! Asia, Paloma, and Niko are AMAZING! They have such a beautiful and artistic view on photos. All three bring such great positive energy too. I love that they take unlimited photos, that was a plus. I couldn’t be happier with my wedding photos and highly recommend Asia Pimental photography.

The Studio by AP's reply:

Grace love! I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this review, and on behalf of Paloma, we are so happy you enjoyed the result, we can't deny how lucky we are to have you guys chosen us and waited too, you know how much we appreciate you guys, Asia & Team
    Katie M. Married on 04/10/2021

Incredible!!’

Asia was such a joy to work with!! My husband and I booked her for an anniversary session while visiting the DR. She was so professional throughout all communication, and when we met the day of our session, her joy was so infectious and she kept us laughing the whole time. We would book her over again!! 10/10 recommend!

The Studio by AP's reply:

Awwww Katie dear!! Once again thank you so much! Your sweet words always have the most perfect timing!
  • I
    Ivelisse V. Married on 02/27/2021

Absolutely amazing!

Asia Pimentel Photography is nothing short from amazing! So we originally booked Asia from that states based on online reviews. We booked their services as a “trial” for our destination wedding photography, so decided to do a small engagement photoshoot at the beach. We were so amazed about how happy we were with EVERYTHING. They have great customer service! Super responsive, and they even picked us up for from our resort for our photos! They made us feel so comfortable - they are such amazing artists. We instantly became friends, we felt like we knew them forever. Asia’s excitement always excited us. She is extremely passionate about what she does which is beautiful. On the side of all that, the pictures were amazing!!!! So many amazing shots we couldn’t even choose our favorites! Lol - we then booked her for wedding a year later, again, fricking amazing! Unfortunately we had to cancel our maternity shoot due to COVID, but then we booked them again for our sons 1st Birthday! How special! I love I love love Asia and Niko! I want them to capture all of our life long milestones! 🤗

Ive, Thank you dear!
    For being awesome and for your beautiful words, for me it has been an immense pleasure to have been in charge of recording these special moments of your life, I am yours, always count me in.
    Milena D. Married on 01/05/2021

Breathtaking memories on our 10th wedding anniversary

We knew Asia and her Team were the ones since our first contact. Our expectations were high, the highest you could imagine. Our wedding photos and video were a complete disaster. Therefore, we wanted our 10th year wedding anniversary to be perfect. We wanted our memories to show that we were living a normal happy life before knowing each other. But that the real happiness came when we met. We wanted our passion for traveling to show. The love of our friends and families to show. How our love had gotten stronger during these 10 years of marriage. It was such an abstract idea... But Asia and Niko grabbed that ambiguous idea and created ART. I look at these magic photos and feel the emotions of those moments again. We have watched the EPIC video a million times and enjoyed every single minute of it.
    Needles to mention their professionalism, excellence, talent, originality and passion for what they do. They made everything so effortless and fun, we didn’t even notice we were in a photo shoot session.
    For all the above reasons and more, you should stop wasting your time looking for a Photographer and Videographer. You have found the perfect ones.

The Studio by AP's reply:

Milena dear! Thank you for such kind words, it was truly an honor to document such special memories for you and Alfie and your families plus we had such a fun time. Thank you so much for choosing us.
  • Ashley
    Ashley M. Married on 10/10/2020

Asia is incredible.

If you’re wanting someone who is creative, truly LOVES photography, and who will capture the feeling, memories, and emotions you felt on your wedding day- then please hire Asia and her team! She has such a creative vision and I couldn’t be more glad that we chose her to photograph our most special day. Photography was the #1 most important thing to me on my wedding day- and she nailed it. Both my sister and I used her and it was one of the best decisions we made. Asia makes you feel so comfortable, and like your wedding is just as important to her as it is to you. When I got my wedding gallery and video back- I was brought to happy tears. My sister was, too. I loved all of my photos so much and my video was incredible as well. Beyond her work- she has the most loving heart, and infectious positive energy. She’s an awesome person and I’m glad to call her a friend for life! Thank you Asia!! My family loves you!!!

Ashley, sweetie!
    I'm melting with your words, it was an honor for us to witness and capture your love, and to be able to do it for your sister too, even more,
  • Edna
    Edna P. Married on 10/02/2020

Love them!

Where can I start with Asia and Niko, they take pride in their work and are passionate. I found Asia on Pinterest and had to find her and book her. (not to sound creepy but that's how it happened) =D Asia and Niko made sure to take the time to get to know us as a couple and as individuals prior to us booking. We decided to take a trip to DR a year before the wedding to have our engagement photos taken with them. We walked all over Santo Domingo in the rain and all. Hubby and I are not what you call photogenic but Asia is so down to earth that we honestly forgot we were taking photos. I mean wet hair and all our photos came out perfect. After photos Asia took the time to sit and have dinner with us, we learned so much about her. I was even more certain she was perfect for our wedding day, I knew I could trust her 100%. For that year while I planned my wedding we were in communication with Asia, anything I needed if she could she would assist. The day of the wedding Asia and her team were unbelievable. Our wedding felt like a dream and when I look at the photos I truly relive every moment. The video covered every moment, even the moments we could not experience fully.
    I was so lucky to have found these two they exceeded our expectation.
    We still communicate often and plan on booking her again when our family makes a trip to DR next year.

The Studio by AP's reply:

Awww Edna dear! You just made my day with such beautiful words. You guys have become so special in our lives. We bless the day our path crossed. Sending you a big hug and looking for
    ward to hugging you soon!
  • Jillian
    Jillian D. Married on 07/17/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Exceptionally talented team! Thrilled with results!

Asia and Niko are amazing. They are incredibly talented and disciplined. They were punctual. They captured everything we dreamed of and more! I could not imagine how beautiful our photos AND video would turn out! We are so happy with them! I see such great beauty, love, and soul in our photos and video. Asia's photos and Niko's video could not be more beautiful and take us back in time to those special moments every time. My heart warms up every time I look at my photos or video. We can go back to the blissful cloud 9 of our civil wedding day whenever we want! We are so lucky we had them capture our July 2020 elopement at Eden Roc Cap Cana. It was the best investment. It was a very small event (4 people total) due to the coronavirus situation at the time. We were grateful we could later share the photos and video with all the family members and friends who could not be there. Asia and Niko were very mindful of mask-wearing and social distancing. They are in demand in DR and abroad. They captured all the important details and moments but also made photography and videography unique to us and our preferences. Can't wait to see what these extraordinary, talented professional artists create at our religious wedding and reception at Casa de Campo this Thanksgiving weekend! We highly recommend them!

Also, Asia and Niko are a pleasure to have around! It's easy to see they are kind people. We felt very comfortable with them. Looking forward to having them with us again!

The Studio by AP's reply:

AWWWW Dear Jillian, can’t thank you enough for this beautiful review, the trust you put in our work is pure motivation for my career, you and Michael are the sweetest thing and I am more than happy to know I was the one capturing your love story. Always here for you, Asia & Team
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 03/30/2020

So Talented!

Our wedding photos turned out gorgeous and Asia really captured our wedding day beautifully!

The Studio by AP's reply:

Thank you so much for this review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the result of your special day and your rock the dress session.

Much Love,
    Elizabeth J. Married on 03/13/2020

Top notch experience

Asia + team were amazing! We originally booked them to shoot our wedding in The Dominican but we had some changes and ended up getting married in Florida instead. Asia was flexible and excited to change the location which was a huge relief on our end. We absolutely love our photos and how many perfect moments were caught. Asia + Niko went above and beyond to capture some great shots and we are thrilled! Definitely recommend for any bride and groom looking for a talented, dependable and flexible photographer!

The Studio by AP's reply:

Dear Liz, I am so touched by your kind words! It was such an honor to be chosen to document such special memories for Jake, you and your families. Thank you for being so kind and welcoming, we had such a great time!
  • Alison
    Alison F. Married on 11/23/2019

Special, Personal Service

Our experience with Asia and Niko was absolutely amazing. They both take their work very seriously while still having fun - photography (and capturing of love) is something they are so passionate about. This comes through in their work and their demeanor and is a major reason we chose them for our wedding. They took the time to get to know us as a couple and made our relationship with them more of a friendship than a working relationship. From the first day we chatted via video chat, we fell in love! Asia made every nuance possible - we wanted our engagement photos taken in our home city of NYC and to be able to use the same photographer for our destination wedding in Casa De Campo, and they made this work seamlessly on their end. From the moment we got our engagement photos from NYC, we knew we had made the right decision. The trust I felt in Asia left me feeling stress-free on our wedding day - what more can you ask for as a bride? When, after the wedding day, Asia felt we didn't have enough couple portraits, she asked us to get back into our wedding gear for some follow up photos a week later... I mean.. who does that?! She met us at another destination for a few hours to get some insanely amazing shots. The fact is that Asia and her team will go above and beyond to make sure that their clients are satisfied and we felt that every step of the way. To say that these two exceeded our expectation would be an understatement. We feel so lucky to have had them as our wedding photo/videographers and now, as lifelong friends!

The Studio by AP's reply:

Awww Alisson dear!! You really just made my day, Thank you so much for such kind words, they really mean the world to us. Aaaaand now I am crying! Like ugly crying!! Thank you so much dear!!
    Kristen B. Married on 10/05/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely amazing - highly recommend!

Asia and her Team showed us the best time in Punta Cana - and captured absolutely amazing moments in local spots that she recommended. We were there for a vacation and wanted to do our engagement photos on the beach. Both her and her staff were extremely professional, responded so quickly to all of our inquiries, and made us feel very comfortable during the shoot. Plus, we got to see the most beautiful places while we were with her, and our pictures really showed it. They will be ones we save forever, and an experience we will never forget. Thank you to Asia and team for capturing these moments we will remember forever!!! HIGHLY recommend this talented photographer and her lovely team.

The Studio by AP's reply:

Thanks for the awesome review, Kristen! I am happy and grateful to read your words. We appreciate the love, these kind words about my team's work truly made our day, Cheers!
    With Love, Asia & Team
    Richard Married on 07/21/2019

Amazing Talent - Captured all the Emotions and Happiness on our Big Day

These pictures captured by Asia will last generations, and I'm so glad we went with her. She was able to capture the numerous emotions me and my wife had that day. She turned our special day into memories that we will cherish forever. Every time we look at our wedding photos we are blown away by the quality and level of expertise that went into it on the other side of the lens. I would 110% recommend Asia and her team without any reservations what so ever.

Richard!
    Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'm glad that you had a good experience, to read you were blown away makes my day.

Many Thanks!
  • Johanna
    Johanna Married on 07/07/2019

Gorgeous Photos & Extraordinary Staff

We were so lucky to find Asia and her team for our weddings. From the first video chat with Asia to our first in person meeting in rainy NYC, we were always greeted with Asia’s warmth, excitement, and creativity. Asia was one of best decisions we made and one of the first vendors that we booked. We wanted to have the same photographer for our NYC wedding and our smaller destination wedding in DR and Asia made that dream a reality with a custom package for two locations. We loved the bright, airy, and classic look of her work and fell in love with Niko’s video style. Spending time with her always felt like being with family and I can honestly say she and her team have definitely become a big part of ours.

Engagement in NYC
    Niko & Asia came up to NYC for our engagement photos and they honestly exceeded our expectations because every photo in our gallery was stunning work of art, we could not believe it was even us in the photos!

Wedding Day in NYC
    Leading up to wedding day we worked closely with Asia to discuss some portraits with our families and the day-of plan. She and her team linked up seamlessly with our wedding planner and helped us to organize the day to maximize the light during day and as many special shots as we could get. We did a walk through the venue a few days before which was incredibly helpful. When we received our gallery, we could not believe how many special moments they captured. We were so lucky to relive all of the emotions of our big day because each photo told a story.

We cannot wait to see them again in a little over a month for photos in Altos De Chavon and our wedding in Dreams Dominicus. We highly recommend Asia and her team without any hesitation, the quality of work speaks for itself but more importantly Asia and her folks are incredibly friendly and always a pleasure to work with. THANK YOU so much for capturing our big day(s)!
    Love,
    Johanna & Eddie
    Janna A. Married on 06/07/2019

Dominican Republic Wedding!

We loved working with Asia and her team, she has a great eye and captured everything!

The Studio by AP's reply:

Janna dear, knowing how busy you are, the fact that you took the time to dedicate such kind words to me and my team means everything. Thank you so much!!
    David H. Married on 06/06/2019

Family beach pictures

My parents 50th anniversary brought together my brothers family as well as mine and our parents to the Dominican Republic. As a gift for my parents, we decided to get them a really beautiful photography session to commemorate the occasion. Being a graphic designer/creative director for a large Memphis advertising agency, I’ve worked with many photographers from around the world and was told to scout a photographer that I thought could best capture the spirit of our family. I am very critical of photographers I use as to make sure they aren’t your everyday person that just picked up a camera nor would they do the cheesy beach photos. That was when we found Asia, her photos capture the candidness and genuine emotion of every photo. She was a little pricey but as a firm believer in you get what you pay for, she gave us twice as long than other photographers (which helps when trying to photograph 4 young children), has a glowing personality, gave us all the photos she took (color corrected) not just the select 15 she liked and worked with us on the beach until we were completely happy with what she had gotten. I can’t recommend Asia enough if you are in the market for a fantastic photographer for your special occasion.

The Studio by AP's reply:

David! I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this review, I am so glad you enjoyed the result, it was lovely to meet your family and capture those memories for all of you, we are so happy to have worked with you on such a lovely occasion as your parents 50th anniversary.
    Fondly,
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 05/18/2019

Simply the best!

My husband and I just got married in may 2019 and the amazing Asia and team captured our beautiful day! I can’t recommend Asia Pimental Photography enough!! Not only did all my pictures come out beautiful but, Asia made the picture taking process fun! She was able to capture so many candid moments that we will forever cherish!! We also loved how they captured a lot of our guests too especially during moments we as the bride and groom missed! Asia made sure to we looked beautiful and natural in all our photos too which is great! Anyone looking for a photographer especially in DR, we highly suggest hiring Asia as you will NOT regret it! She is simply the best and wonderful and we hope to work with her and team again in the future!

The Studio by AP's reply:

Oh Lauren my very dear! I am soooo happy to read these words. I am so looking forward to the moment to work back with you guys too ( As you can see that was my favorite part of your review)!!!!! Love youuu!!!!
  • MMLARAX
    Magda Married on 05/18/2019

Great photographer!

I worked with Asia and team but Paloma was my photographer and she was amazing and sweet and kind and focused on me that day and my needs. She made sure to get the perfect shot every time. I’m thankful for them and they were very affordable. Thanks team!

The Studio by AP's reply:

My dear Magda, (Paloma over here), just wanted to say: Thank You! thank you! thank you! for the review. We really appreciate you taking the time and the love you show in these words, couples like you guys are worth everything. I really, super, duper appreciate this so Thank You once more! Asia & Team
    Alli Married on 05/11/2019

Highly Recommend!

Asia was wonderful to work with and captured my wedding day beyond what I was expecting. I don't always feel comfortable in front of the camera, but she was able to bring out the best in myself and my husband! We both loved working with her and recommend her 100%! You will not regret you decision to work with Asia!

The Studio by AP's reply:

I happy and grateful to read your great review, btw; You did awesomely in front of the camera.
    Much love, Asia
  • Selma
    Selma M. Married on 04/27/2019

Great photographs and service

We lived the enthusiasm Asia’s team always had, the photographs were fantastic!!! We highly recommender her to our friends!

The Studio by AP's reply:

Thank you dear! Your words mean the world to me, Forever grateful for human beings like you and Mauricio, much love, Asia & Team
  • F
    Fabiola Married on 04/25/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Best Choice You Can Make!!

Asia and team were amazing from the beginning. Not only are they talented beyond belief, they are so kind and friendly, it feels like your friends are at your wedding. They were so accommodating and understood my vision right off the bat. Asia is so passionate about what she does it radiates from her onto the final product. My husband and I love our pictures and video and could not be happier with our choice. If you want quality service and timeless products filled with perfection, Asia and team are the ones for you!

The Studio by AP's reply:

My very dear Fabiola & Giuseppe, thank you so much for such kind words. We really appreciated and wish you all the happiness and success of this world. xoxo
illustration stars