The String Brothers Reviews

1 User photo

The String Brothers 1

Ken Gonyea · Married on 01/04/2019

Wedding at the Curtiss Hotel

My oldest daughter had her wedding this past Friday at the Curtiss Hotel in downtown Buffalo. We had contacted The String Brothers to play music for the ceremony and the cocktail hour immediately following. We had one gentlemen playing the violin and one on the piano. They were amazing. Tons of compliments. Would highly recommend this group.

The String Brothers 2

Karen · Married on 06/01/2018

From the initial music consultation requesting a violinist for daughter's wedding at Delaware Park Rose Garden to my last minute request for a microphone.... the ease of working with String Bros. and Kevin was fabulous! Economical and the violinist was extremely talented and well prepared playing our selections as designated and perfectly! Arrived early and was all set up ready to go! ... one less thing to worry about
    The music added an elegant touch to an already beautiful wedding.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Hi Karen,

I'm glad you are happy the service and musicianship of The String Brothers. We wish you and your family the best!

Adam · Married on 05/25/2018

The String Brothers were the perfect touch for our wedding ceremony. We hired a string trio to play a mix of traditional and unorthodox songs before and through our outdoor ceremony. Although my wife and I didn't get to hear everything they played beforehand, several of our guests remarked that it was the nicest wedding music they had ever heard. We especially appreciated their flexibility in learning two songs outside their catalog (including one Broadway song we had never heard a string arrangement of!) and playing them masterfully. Kevin also helped us to source a microphone and amplifier for our officiant and our vows. I would highly recommend these guys for a wedding or any similar event!

Sent on 06/09/2018

Thank you, Adam!

Jenna · Married on 05/25/2018

PERFECT! Absolutely wonderful company to work with (easy with communication, highly responsive, professional, fair price) and so pleased with their performance for our wedding ceremony. A string trio played for our Catholic mass and were able to do a mix of the traditional songs along with a few more contemporary choices my husband and I had selected. I am not much for crying - but their music had tears coming as I walked down the aisle with my father. Highly recommend! Thank you for everything String Brothers!

Sent on 06/24/2018

The String Brothers's reply:

Thank you, Jenna. We were happy to be a part of your special day!
    -Kevin
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 12/09/2017

String Brothers made our ceremony very special! Kevin walked us through every step in the process. We chose songs that they had to learn for our processional and recessional and they sounded absolutely perfect that day. My only regret is as the bride I couldn't listen for as long as I wanted to! I highly recommend them for your wedding or any other event!

Sent on 12/14/2017

The String Brothers's reply:

Thank you, Michelle. We were happy to be a part of your special day! Best wishes -Kevin

Tonia · Married on 09/03/2017

We had a string trio at our wedding in Buffalo back in September. Kevin was very responsive throughout the whole process and provided recommendations when I had questions. Our guests truly enjoyed the string trio at the wedding. I would recommend The String Brothers if you're looking for musicians for your wedding!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Thank you, Tonia!
    -Kevin

Katie · Married on 07/22/2017

We had a solo violinist perform the music for our ceremony. He arrived early, was very professional and the music was exceptional. The pastor, event coordinator, and violinist were able to coordinate the morning of the ceremony to make sure that everyone was on the same page for the flow of the wedding. I highly recommend String Brothers for your ceremony!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Thank you Katie!

Cloe · Married on 07/21/2017

The string brothers quartet added the perfect touch to our ceremony and cocktail hour. The music was beautiful and they were amazing. They were very accommodating when I needed to change the timing of the ceremony and cocktail hour. I am so happy with our decision to include them for our day, it would not have been the same without them!

Also for any Disney enthusiasts out there they were more than happy to play Can you feel the love tonight from the Lion King for the bridesmaids processional and You'll be in my Heart from Jungle Book for the recessional.

Sent on 07/24/2017

The String Brothers's reply:

Hi Cloe, Thank you for the positive feedback. Our musicians were happy to be a part of your big day and I'm glad you were pleased with their performance! -Kevin

Cloe · Married on 07/21/2017

Jessica · Married on 07/15/2017

The string quartet was the perfect touch to our wedding ceremony. Kevin from String Brothers made the coordination so easy. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 08/26/2017

Thank you, Jessica. It was a pleasure to help you with your special day. -Kevin
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 07/07/2017

Kevin and the String Brothers were great. The communication was great, I always got a quick response. I really liked that we were able to choose two songs that were outside of their library with no extra cost. The music was beautiful and the quartet was extremely professional!

Sent on 07/22/2017

The String Brothers's reply:

Thank you Andrea. I'm glad you were happy with our services and our musicians! We wish you the best!

Stephanie · Married on 07/01/2017

We booked one violinist for our ceremony music. I communicated via email with Kevin to ensure everything was just as I wanted. He helped me pick the music and finalize the times. On our wedding day, our musician was great. It added a wonderful touch to our outdoor ceremony!

Sent on 07/14/2017

The String Brothers's reply:

Hi Stephanie, It was a pleasure to help plan the music for your wedding, and I'm glad you enjoyed our violinist! Thank you.
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 05/28/2017

Book them! Loved our ceremony music it was perfect :)

Sent on 06/08/2017

Thank you Molly. I'm glad you were happy with our musicians! -Kevin
  • 2017bridetobe

Linsey · Married on 05/13/2017

We booked a string trio for wedding ceremony (violin, viola, and cello) and they did a beautiful job! They played light music while guests arrived and were seated, and the intro and "outro" songs for our bridal party. The musicians were professional and sounded perfect. We were very happy with the service we received, the price was reasonable, and it was a nice touch to have live string music played at our ceremony. We worked with Kevin, one of the owners, throughout our planning process and he was very responsive and helpful. We would definitely recommend them! : )

Sent on 06/14/2017

The String Brothers's reply:

Thank you, Linsey. We are happy to have been a part of your special day!

Kelsey · Married on 10/01/2016

String brothers was perfect! Super responsive and easy to work with

Sent on 10/23/2016

Thank you Kelsey!

Nadine · Married on 09/04/2016

I highly recommend the String Brothers. We engaged them for classical music before/after the ceremony and jazzy music during dinner. Kevin was extremely prompt and professional and he made the planning quick and easy. I especially appreciated how flexible they were on the day of the wedding - they really took care of themselves and we didn't have to worry about anything.

Sent on 10/10/2016

The String Brothers's reply:

Thank you Nadine. It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day!

Becca · Married on 08/20/2016

We had a String Brothers cello and violin play at our wedding ceremony and they were phenomenal! They sounded great and I got many comments from guests about how beautiful the music was. Kevin was extremely helpful when booking and choosing instruments and music. He answered all my questions and gave me suggestions on what types of instruments to choose if I only wanted two people. The price was one of the best I found in WNY. They have a wide range of songs they can play and they will learn two new songs for no extra cost. I am so glad we went with String Brothers. I was highly satisfied with the whole experience!

Sent on 09/03/2016

The String Brothers's reply:

Thank you, Becca! I'm glad you and your guests were happy with The String Brothers. -Kevin

Amanda · Married on 06/25/2016

We had the String Brothers play at our outdoor wedding ceremony. The music was beautiful, and we as well as the guests enjoyed it. We had a violin/keyboard combo and it was perfect for the outdoor garden setting. They played the songs I requested with no problem and it really made the process easier. I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 07/14/2016

The String Brothers's reply:

Thank you, Amanda! I'm glad you're happy with The String Brothers. We wish you the very best. -Kevin

Just wanted to drop you a line and thank you for the outstanding music you played at the Cocktail hour and Dinner for my daughter and son-in-law's wedding at Statler City on June 25, 2016. The music was absolutely perfect, between the choice of songs and the sound quality, it was exactly what we wanted. People were able to talk while enjoying the music. Obviously, you are truly the professional.
    We were so pleased with the organist at the Church. The music was beautiful. He set the mood and created the perfect ceremonial and solemn atmosphere needed for the service.
    You have a fan in us and we will let others know that as well. ??

Sent on 07/15/2016

The String Brothers's reply:

Thank you! I'm glad you were satisfied with our musicians at both the ceremony and the reception. Best wishes to you and your family. -Kevin

Nicole · Married on 06/25/2016

The String Brothers performed during our wedding ceremony (organ), cocktail hour and part of the reception (jazz quartet). My Mother and I worked closely with Kevin O'Brien (owner and manager) throughout the entire planning process -- he was responsive and always eager to answer our questions. And trust me, we had many questions!

We were so pleased with the wedding music. The musicians were extremely talented, and the music truly took our wedding to the next level. Our wedding was a few weeks ago, but we continue to receive several compliments from our guests about the music.

I highly recommend the String Brothers and would welcome the opportunity to work with them again!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Thank you, Nicole. It was a pleasure to work with you and your mother. -Kevin

Stephanie · Married on 06/11/2016

We had a violin and cello duet for our wedding on 6/24/16 at Samuel's Grande Manor. The String Brothers really added a special elegance to our small ceremony. Without having been to our dress rehearsal, they automatically knew the times to start playing music, for example the lighting of our memorial candles. I am so glad to have had them there. They really added a special touch that everyone thought was amazing! Thank you String Brothers. :)

Sent on 06/27/2016

Thanks Stephanie! We were happy to be a part of your Special Day! -Kevin
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 06/04/2016

The String Brothers performed for our wedding ceremony and during our cocktail hour at the reception. They were an absolute pleasure to work with and did a phenomenal job! Kevin was highly organized and helped to coordinate with the church organist to finalize our ceremony music. Would recommend this company to anyone without reservation.

Sent on 06/25/2016

The String Brothers's reply:

Thanks Erica! It was a pleasure to work with you as well. We wish you the best. -Kevin

Laura · Married on 05/28/2016

The String Brothers were an excellent addition to our outdoor ceremony. They were professional, on time, and performed beautifully. We enjoyed the flexibility of choosing what songs were played at various moments in our ceremony to really make it ours.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Thanks Laura! The String Brothers' wish you the best! -Kevin

I wish I could give more than 5 stars for this review. Musicians sounded fantastic and added so much to our ceremony. Wouldn't hesitate to hire them again. Thanks String Brothers!