The Sterling Castle Reviews

109 | Shelby, AL

109 Reviews for The Sterling Castle

109 The Sterling Castle Reviews

Casey · Married on 10/19/2018

Our wedding day was perfect! Misty and Victor went over and beyond to make our big day a dream come true. Everything ran so smoothly and was breathtaking. If you are looking for a venue with a beautiful atmosphere, professional staff, and worry-free experience, call Misty and Victor. You are in good hands!!!

Shelley Arcara · Married on 10/19/2018

Truly a fairytale wedding

My husband and I looked at this venue and instantly fell in love. We stopped searching for a wedding venue and immediately booked! There are so many options for creating your wedding day. They really worked with us on our budget and made us feel like we were still getting a million dollar dream wedding. For 10 months, from day one to the day of, everyone at the Sterling Castle kept in contact with us to make sure our wedding day was everything we wanted. Every single detail was taken care of, and any questions we had always got an answer. I can’t thank them enough for being so responsive, caring, and reassuring that we would have our dream day. It was truly beautiful and more than I even expected. Misty is incredible with decor and details!
    Brennan and Victor were also amazing. Brennan handled all our music. I picked out all the songs for our ceremony and first dances, and they all flowed flawlessly. During our first dance, we got a surprise by gorgeous little bubbles falling all around us from a bubble machine Brennan had up above us on the balcony. It was the perfect last minute detail that really made our first dance extra special and beautiful!
    I can’t speak highly enough about the Sterling Castle and everyone there. It was an absolute dream and if I had to do it all again, there’s not one thing I’d want to happen differently! It was truly a fairytale!

Lynn Mccrackin Bailey · Married on 10/07/2018

Sterling Castle will make your dreams come true.

The Sterling Castle is the perfect place and Misty and Victor are the perfect hosts. They are flexible, attentive, gracious and will make sure your wedding is stress free. The wedding cake was awesome. Everything was beautiful. We even had fireworks.

Antweshia · Married on 09/15/2018

I am Antweshia Hawes-Wood, the bride on the CASTLE'S profile picture! My experience
    at the castle was AMAZING! Misty, Victor and their son Brennan treated me like family. Anything that I requested for my big day was made available to me. They will always have a special place in my heart!! Thank you so much for helping make my wedding day EXTRAORDINARY!! I recommend if your getting married and you want it to be held at a beautiful CASTLE ....THE STERLING CASTLE is it!!

The Sterling Castle 7
    The Sterling Castle 8
    The Sterling Castle 9
    The Sterling Castle 10

Brooke · Married on 09/09/2018

From the moment we picked this venue to the day of our wedding, everything was perfect! She created all my ideas and made them reality! Highly recommend this place for a perfect fairytale wedding! Everything was so smooth and perfectly run!

The Sterling Castle 11
  • ashley

Ashley · Married on 03/31/2018

Our wedding was March 31, 2018 at the Sterling Castle and I am so glad we chose this venue along with Victor, Misty, Kelsi, and Brennan. So many guests have told me this was the most fun wedding they have ever been to! It was such a relief leading up to the wedding to not have to worry about decorating or food or cake, or anything for that matter. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. The ceremony area was gorgeous and the flowers were so perfect! The reception area was greater than anything I could have hoped for (or anything I could have planned myself). Everything was so stunning and elegant! It was a perfect day. Thank you so much Binkerd family!!!

The Sterling Castle 12
    The Sterling Castle 13

Steven · Married on 03/24/2018

I would recommend this place to anyone seeking a professionally planned wedding. Food was excellent, Venue is great, Misty and her family are very accommodating and know how to make things run smooth and efficient. Weddings are usually stressful, yet they made this as stress free as was possible. I would rate them higher, but 5/5 is all they allow. My hat goes off to Misty and Victor on a well planned, perfect day for my Bride and I.

Carol Ann · Married on 03/17/2018

Victor and Misty were great to work with! It was so nice to not have to run around and piece everything together. The venue was beautiful and all of the decorations fit perfectly into my daughter's theme. They took care of all the details to make her special day as stress free as possible for all of us! There were a few issues, but they rearranged and made changes to correct the issues. I only hope I can find another venue as good as they are when the other daughter get married! I certainly recommend them!

The Sterling Castle 14
    The Sterling Castle 15
    The Sterling Castle 16
    The Sterling Castle 17
    The Sterling Castle 18

Kayley · Married on 03/03/2018

I work full-time and am new in my career, so though I wanted a fairy-tale wedding, time was not on my side. That is, until I found the lovely family of Sterling Castle! The Binkerd's took my vision of an English Romantic wedding and turned it into something even dreamier. From the flowers to the table decor, everything was perfect. My husband and I are so happy to have started our Happily Ever After at the Sterling Castle! Thank you!!!

Nicole · Married on 02/12/2018

My husband and I came to Misty with a Harry Potter vow renewal theme and they ran with it and made it a sight to be seen!! Misty/Victor, and Brennan, were beyond the best hosts, planners, and people (and the Sterling Castle the best location) that we could ever hope for - all in one place! DO NOT underestimate what they are capable of or their abilities to understand EXACTLY what your vision is and so much more than you could ever dream up on your own. I do not mean anything towards the planners out there in the area, but I just cannot imagine ever having a better planner or visionary tha Misty and I am someone who is hard to impress. I truly could not ever express our gratitude to them for making our day perfect! Our family was blown away and had the best time they had ever had at any wedding which is more than I could hope for. Whether you are wanting a themed wedding or something elegant or simple, Misty will dream it up for you; Victor can create the most amazing props and effects; and the whole family will come together to do all they can to make it perfect for you! You may not opt for wands, butterbeer, pumpkin juice, winged keys, and floating candles, but no matter your dream, you cannot go wrong by choosing the Sterling Castle!

The Sterling Castle 19
    The Sterling Castle 25
    The Sterling Castle 26
    The Sterling Castle 27

Cassidy · Married on 01/12/2018

The Sterling Castle was everything I was looking for in a wedding venue and more. Misty, the Fairy Godmother, was incredible. We kept in touch through the entire planning process and the flexibility was amazing up until the last minute. Not only is the Castle great for photo-ops, they do the entire set-up and tear-down for you! Your only job? Show up and smile. Thank you all so much!

• Amber

Amber · Married on 12/31/2017

We had a great gatsby wedding on NYE, and The Sterling Castle gave us everything we had hoped for plus some! I would recommend this place over and over.

Pam · Married on 12/31/2017

The best venue with the greatest people! We have amazing memories thanks to their hard work. Everything was handled for us which takes so much of the stress off. I would recommend this venue to anyone! It's so worth it!

The Sterling Castle 28
    The Sterling Castle 29
    The Sterling Castle 30
    The Sterling Castle 31
    The Sterling Castle 32
    The Sterling Castle 33

Chelsea · Married on 12/28/2017

It's a family business. They are very welcoming and make you feel like part of the family. Thru are also very flexible and open to suggestions. Misty is amazing. She is a master coordinator and decorater!

The Sterling Castle 34
    The Sterling Castle 35
    The Sterling Castle 36
    The Sterling Castle 37

Rebecca · Married on 12/21/2017

Working with Misty was awesome! She and her family took care of everything on a short notice, had recommendations, and made sure I didn’t have to worry about anything. We had a small elopement wedding, didn’t cost us a fortune, but was elegant and dreamy. My fiancé and our children could not have been happier with our day! I would recommend this venue to anyone! We had a perfect fairytale wedding and made wonderful memories for our family!

The Sterling Castle 38
    The Sterling Castle 39
    The Sterling Castle 40
    The Sterling Castle 41

Shelby · Married on 12/16/2017

Misty, Victor, Kelsi, and Brennan made our day as stress free and magical as I could have ever imagined. It was the most fun I’ve ever had at a wedding and it’s not because it was my own. Choosing The Sterling Castle as your wedding venue is worth the drive!

Allyson · Married on 11/06/2017

The team at The Sterling Castle were the absolute best! Misty, Victor, Kelsi, and Brennan do such excellent jobs. They cater to your every need and go above and beyond what is expected. Our wedding was the most magical night for us, and it was all because of them. I’m so happy I found about the Sterling Castle! I highly recommend anyone desiring a truly exceptional wedding to see them!!

Lisa · Married on 10/08/2017

Misty & Victor are amazing!! We set up a time to check out their venue and as soon as we walked the grounds we knew it was the perfect place for our special day. They are with you every step as you plan your big day. We planned our wedding in such a short amount of time and not once did they make us feel rushed or pressured to make decisions. Thanks to Tropical Storm Nate, we were unsure of how our day would unfold. Victor went out of his way to find extra generators in case we needed them but luckily the power came back on and our wedding was absolutely perfect. They make you feel absolutely welcome and relaxed. The Castle is breathtaking and I am so anxious to see the rest of our photos. Thank you Misty & Victor for such a great experience! If you are looking for a venue that is stress free and beautiful, I highly recommend The Sterling Castle!

Marie · Married on 10/07/2017

Where do I start?? The Sterling Castle is a beautiful place to get married! Misty, Victor, Brennan, and Kelsi made sure everything went smoothly and made my day as comfortable as possible! My family felt welcomed, and the ceremony and reception were decorated beautifully. I gave Misty my vision of my dream wedding and she made it look even better than I had imagined. I am truly grateful for everyone at The Sterling Castle. If you are trying to find a place to have your wedding, pick this place!! You will NOT regret it!

The Sterling Castle 42
    The Sterling Castle 43
    The Sterling Castle 44
    The Sterling Castle 45

Tinisha · Married on 09/19/2017

There's no words that can express just how Misty, Victor, Brennan, Kelsi, and Baby Binkerd means to us. They're truly apart of our family and hearts. The Sterling Castle is now an extended home away from home, where there's a Lock of Love never to be perforated.

Taylor · Married on 09/02/2017

If you're looking for an all inclusive wedding venue that will literally do it all, this is it. This place is amazing and the family that runs it are just as great. They handle everything from A to Z. You won't have to worry about working with 5+ different people for each different aspect of a wedding. Here they can handle it all at one place for one price. It's truly a fairy tale wedding venue. Misty and Victor are so welcoming and helpful. They make you feel like you can have whatever you've dreamed of possible for your wedding. The whole family comes together to make your wedding as amazing as possible. I can't say enough how awesome our wedding was. Only bad thing I can say is that it flew by too fast!

• Cynthia

Cynthia · Married on 07/29/2017

Absolutely magical, fairy tale like, enchanting, gorgeous were all words we and our guests used to describe our unforgettable evening at the Sterling Castle. Misty and Victor and all the staff were amazing, ensuring everything was done to perfection, even beyond what we had asked. They upgraded our seating and table décor just because they wanted it to look more beautiful. I loved all the little details of lights, music, bubbles on the dance floor and excellent food. The sword to cut the cake was a great touch. If you want a gorgeous wedding done right by professionals, look no further.

Nathaniel · Married on 07/08/2017

The Sterling Castle has the best venue in Alabama. I would even stretch and say one of the top venues in the country. They are tentative to every detail of your wedding! It doesn't matter if it's a DIY package or the biggest package they have. Misty and Victor Binkered along with their son Brennan and his wife are the most hardworking people I've met! They really care about your happily ever after.

Christie · Married on 06/10/2017

It was worth the investment to have this beautiful, all inclusive venue. We enjoyed the entire journey with the Binkerd family. They ensured that the wedding was exactly as our daughter and son-in-law desired. We enjoyed the process and the wedding day to its fullest. A joyful, perfect day!