106 Reviews for The Sterling Castle

Uncovered Outdoor (15)
Buffet (15)
Flatware (15)
Parking (15)
All Inclusive Packages (14)
Cake (14)
Family Style (1)
Tents (1)
Chocolate Fountain (1)
106 The Sterling Castle Reviews

Our wedding day was perfect! Misty and Victor went over and beyond to make our big day a dream come true. Everything ran so smoothly and was breathtaking. If you are looking for a venue with a beautiful atmosphere, professional staff, and worry-free experience, call Misty and Victor. You are in good hands!!!

Profile Picture Casey , 10/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment we picked this venue to the day of our wedding, everything was perfect! She created all my ideas and made them reality! Highly recommend this place for a perfect fairytale wedding! Everything was so smooth and perfectly run!

Profile Picture Brooke, 9/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Sterling Castle team is awesome! First of all, beautiful grounds! It's a little hidden treasure in small-town Alabama. We did the elopement package, but the Castle offers all kinds of packages and offerings, with some ability to mix & match. Misty is also absolutely accommodating to any and everything. She really goes out to make everyone's event truly special. Misty + team did an absolutely amazing job with coordinating decorations and motif. I didn't oversee every little detail, just handed over some ideas and a pinterest board. There were so many little things that made the day, such as cutting the cake with a SWORD! The all-inclusive packages are really a great value that many probably don't get to take full advantage of. It really takes the load off the shoulders off someone who doesn't really like planning event :) If you are looking for a truly unique venue and experience, the Sterling Castle would come highly recommended.

Profile Picture C, 7/1/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Wheelchair Access, Hors d'Oeuvres, Linens, All Inclusive Packages, Cake, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Indoor

Our wedding was March 31, 2018 at the Sterling Castle and I am so glad we chose this venue along with Victor, Misty, Kelsi, and Brennan. So many guests have told me this was the most fun wedding they have ever been to! It was such a relief leading up to the wedding to not have to worry about decorating or food or cake, or anything for that matter. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. The ceremony area was gorgeous and the flowers were so perfect! The reception area was greater than anything I could have hoped for (or anything I could have planned myself). Everything was so stunning and elegant! It was a perfect day. Thank you so much Binkerd family!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Parking, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, All Inclusive Packages, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Photobooth, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

I would recommend this place to anyone seeking a professionally planned wedding. Food was excellent, Venue is great, Misty and her family are very accommodating and know how to make things run smooth and efficient. Weddings are usually stressful, yet they made this as stress free as was possible. I would rate them higher, but 5/5 is all they allow. My hat goes off to Misty and Victor on a well planned, perfect day for my Bride and I.

Profile Picture Steven, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Victor and Misty were great to work with! It was so nice to not have to run around and piece everything together. The venue was beautiful and all of the decorations fit perfectly into my daughter's theme. They took care of all the details to make her special day as stress free as possible for all of us! There were a few issues, but they rearranged and made changes to correct the issues. I only hope I can find another venue as good as they are when the other daughter get married! I certainly recommend them!

Photo for The Sterling Castle Review - Personal touches
Photo for The Sterling Castle Review - Eleven tables all decorated just a bit different
Photo for The Sterling Castle Review - Welcoming guests to the reception
Photo for The Sterling Castle Review - Beautiful doors for an incredible photo!
Photo for The Sterling Castle Review - Brides bouquet custom made for her!
Profile Picture Carol Ann, 3/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I work full-time and am new in my career, so though I wanted a fairy-tale wedding, time was not on my side. That is, until I found the lovely family of Sterling Castle! The Binkerd's took my vision of an English Romantic wedding and turned it into something even dreamier. From the flowers to the table decor, everything was perfect. My husband and I are so happy to have started our Happily Ever After at the Sterling Castle! Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Kayley, 3/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

My husband and I came to Misty with a Harry Potter vow renewal theme and they ran with it and made it a sight to be seen!! Misty/Victor, and Brennan, were beyond the best hosts, planners, and people (and the Sterling Castle the best location) that we could ever hope for - all in one place! DO NOT underestimate what they are capable of or their abilities to understand EXACTLY what your vision is and so much more than you could ever dream up on your own. I do not mean anything towards the planners out there in the area, but I just cannot imagine ever having a better planner or visionary tha Misty and I am someone who is hard to impress. I truly could not ever express our gratitude to them for making our day perfect! Our family was blown away and had the best time they had ever had at any wedding which is more than I could hope for. Whether you are wanting a themed wedding or something elegant or simple, Misty will dream it up for you; Victor can create the most amazing props and effects; and the whole family will come together to do all they can to make it perfect for you! You may not opt for wands, butterbeer, pumpkin juice, winged keys, and floating candles, but no matter your dream, you cannot go wrong by choosing the Sterling Castle!

Photos
Profile Picture Nicole, 2/12/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Photobooth, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, All Inclusive Packages, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations

The Sterling Castle was everything I was looking for in a wedding venue and more. Misty, the Fairy Godmother, was incredible. We kept in touch through the entire planning process and the flexibility was amazing up until the last minute. Not only is the Castle great for photo-ops, they do the entire set-up and tear-down for you! Your only job? Show up and smile. Thank you all so much!

Profile Picture Cassidy, 1/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a great gatsby wedding on NYE, and The Sterling Castle gave us everything we had hoped for plus some! I would recommend this place over and over.

Profile Picture Amber, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Photobooth, Tables, Bartender(s), Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, All Inclusive Packages, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

The best venue with the greatest people! We have amazing memories thanks to their hard work. Everything was handled for us which takes so much of the stress off. I would recommend this venue to anyone! It's so worth it!

Profile Picture Pam, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, All Inclusive Packages, Bartender(s), Parking, Indoor, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Photobooth, Tables

It's a family business. They are very welcoming and make you feel like part of the family. Thru are also very flexible and open to suggestions. Misty is amazing. She is a master coordinator and decorater!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 12/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bartender(s), Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Tastings

Working with Misty was awesome! She and her family took care of everything on a short notice, had recommendations, and made sure I didn’t have to worry about anything. We had a small elopement wedding, didn’t cost us a fortune, but was elegant and dreamy. My fiancé and our children could not have been happier with our day! I would recommend this venue to anyone! We had a perfect fairytale wedding and made wonderful memories for our family!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 12/21/17, 1 Review
Services Used: All Inclusive Packages

Misty, Victor, Kelsi, and Brennan made our day as stress free and magical as I could have ever imagined. It was the most fun I’ve ever had at a wedding and it’s not because it was my own. Choosing The Sterling Castle as your wedding venue is worth the drive!

Profile Picture Shelby, 12/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The team at The Sterling Castle were the absolute best! Misty, Victor, Kelsi, and Brennan do such excellent jobs. They cater to your every need and go above and beyond what is expected. Our wedding was the most magical night for us, and it was all because of them. I’m so happy I found about the Sterling Castle! I highly recommend anyone desiring a truly exceptional wedding to see them!!

Profile Picture Allyson, 11/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Misty & Victor are amazing!! We set up a time to check out their venue and as soon as we walked the grounds we knew it was the perfect place for our special day. They are with you every step as you plan your big day. We planned our wedding in such a short amount of time and not once did they make us feel rushed or pressured to make decisions. Thanks to Tropical Storm Nate, we were unsure of how our day would unfold. Victor went out of his way to find extra generators in case we needed them but luckily the power came back on and our wedding was absolutely perfect. They make you feel absolutely welcome and relaxed. The Castle is breathtaking and I am so anxious to see the rest of our photos. Thank you Misty & Victor for such a great experience! If you are looking for a venue that is stress free and beautiful, I highly recommend The Sterling Castle!

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where do I start?? The Sterling Castle is a beautiful place to get married! Misty, Victor, Brennan, and Kelsi made sure everything went smoothly and made my day as comfortable as possible! My family felt welcomed, and the ceremony and reception were decorated beautifully. I gave Misty my vision of my dream wedding and she made it look even better than I had imagined. I am truly grateful for everyone at The Sterling Castle. If you are trying to find a place to have your wedding, pick this place!! You will NOT regret it!

Profile Picture Marie, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, All Inclusive Packages, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Photobooth, Tables, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Barware, China, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s)

There's no words that can express just how Misty, Victor, Brennan, Kelsi, and Baby Binkerd means to us. They're truly apart of our family and hearts. The Sterling Castle is now an extended home away from home, where there's a Lock of Love never to be perforated.

Profile Picture Tinisha, 9/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Photobooth, Tables, Bartender(s), All Inclusive Packages, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, China, Chocolate Fountain, Glassware, Linens

If you're looking for an all inclusive wedding venue that will literally do it all, this is it. This place is amazing and the family that runs it are just as great. They handle everything from A to Z. You won't have to worry about working with 5+ different people for each different aspect of a wedding. Here they can handle it all at one place for one price. It's truly a fairy tale wedding venue. Misty and Victor are so welcoming and helpful. They make you feel like you can have whatever you've dreamed of possible for your wedding. The whole family comes together to make your wedding as amazing as possible. I can't say enough how awesome our wedding was. Only bad thing I can say is that it flew by too fast!

Profile Picture Taylor, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Buffet, Plated, Server(s), All Inclusive Packages, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor

We loved our wedding ceremony and reception! I didn’t have any desire to pick specifics so the Binkerd family really stepped up to give me the wedding I’ve always dreamed to have. Our pictures, ceremony and reception were amazing and the follow up even after our wedding warms my heart! Thanks Sterling Castle team for a once in a lifetime magical experience for my husband and myself!

Profile Picture Kari, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Buffet, Tastings, Parking, Wheelchair Access, All Inclusive Packages, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Bartender(s)

Absolutely magical, fairy tale like, enchanting, gorgeous were all words we and our guests used to describe our unforgettable evening at the Sterling Castle. Misty and Victor and all the staff were amazing, ensuring everything was done to perfection, even beyond what we had asked. They upgraded our seating and table décor just because they wanted it to look more beautiful. I loved all the little details of lights, music, bubbles on the dance floor and excellent food. The sword to cut the cake was a great touch. If you want a gorgeous wedding done right by professionals, look no further.

Profile Picture Cynthia, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Parking, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Linens, All Inclusive Packages, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

The Sterling Castle has the best venue in Alabama. I would even stretch and say one of the top venues in the country. They are tentative to every detail of your wedding! It doesn't matter if it's a DIY package or the biggest package they have. Misty and Victor Binkered along with their son Brennan and his wife are the most hardworking people I've met! They really care about your happily ever after.

Profile Picture Nathaniel , 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It was worth the investment to have this beautiful, all inclusive venue. We enjoyed the entire journey with the Binkerd family. They ensured that the wedding was exactly as our daughter and son-in-law desired. We enjoyed the process and the wedding day to its fullest. A joyful, perfect day!

Profile Picture Christie, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

What a wonderful family and a wonderful venue. They did everything in their power to make our wedding the best day ever! Everything was so beautifully done, and all logistics were handled so seamlessly!

Profile Picture Christie, 5/28/17, 1 Review