The Sterling Castle Reviews

126 | Shelby, AL

126 Reviews for The Sterling Castle

Rebecca Shaw · Married on 01/12/2021

All I can say is WOW!

Hot chocolate and apple cider bar just because it’s Christmas and a sword to cut the cake, what else is there to say? Venue-enchanting, price-great value, decor-fabulous, food-perfect, flowers-exactly what we wanted, Music-set the mood, Service-kept the evening moving without being the least bit intrusive, cake- moist and tasty. So many small details that blended together to make this a pleasant and memorable experience. I was a little apprehensive having never planned a wedding before, I needn’t have worried. This family run venue guided us through the night with a seamless professionalism that only comes from intentional effort. From the practice run to the sparkler send off everything went off without a hitch and attention to detail was the order of the day. Special shout out to Brennen for keeping us on schedule and being such an awesome DJ. I highly recommend the fireworks, they were the perfect ending to a perfect day.

Sent on 12/14/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 12/13/2020

Fairytale wedding

They really went above and beyond for us here. We were looking for a venue to make the wedding planning process less overwhelming and the Binkerds at the Sterling Castle nailed it! And all without putting us over budget. You will love this castle, this family and their story. They brought the wedding of my dreams to life, cannot say enough good things

Sent on 01/01/2021
  • Cristin

Cristin · Married on 11/21/2020

Fairytale wedding

Breathtaking from start to finish, Misty made our wedding dreams come true. Misty and her team are absolutely amazing at what they do. They are prompt, knowledgeable and beyond helpful. We got married in the open air Chapel and had our reception in the ballroom area.The venue is breathtaking. The service is spectacular. My guests said it was the best wedding food they have every had. The night started and ended perfectly, I am beyond happy with my experience. If you are looking for a fairy tale wedding venue in the Alabama area, this is it. No need to look further. You won’t regret it!!!!

Sent on 11/22/2020
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Lawrence · Married on 11/06/2020

Perfect venue

We can't wait to get married here! I told Misty what I wanted and she had amazing ideas for indoor and outdoor ceremonies and for the reception. The moment i told her our theme and colors she started throwing out ideas. I know that our wedding is going to look exactly how we imagined if not better!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Maggie Ballard · Married on 08/08/2020

Best day of my life

Misty and her team at The Sterling Castle took my wife and I’s crazy galaxy themed ideas and made them a reality. Working with them through planning was seamless and took so much stress and pressure off of us. Everything we envisioned for our special day, came to life thanks to the incredible people at The Sterling Castle. I will never be able to find the words to express just how much I love this place and the people involved. I’d marry my wife over and over again every single year, just to continue having magical experiences at The Sterling Castle.

Sent on 08/23/2020

Michelle Argo · Married on 03/20/2020

An unforgettable event with the most beautiful memories

I want to start this review off by stating that my husband and I live over 8hrs away from this venue. With that being said, we had few calls, used mainly social media, and had my dad involved, with those few tools, the Binkerd Family took my visions and tempered it with reality to actually produce something real. The colors, layout, design was so perfect at first glance that getting ready for the big moment was stress free! The service was excellent, everything so clean and organized, with a staff attentive to every detail! This venue isn't just a place to have your event; it is a wonderland with a family who truly cares to make your moment special. Even without decorations the place itself is gorgeous. Incorporating my Medevial/gothic style appeared easy for them! Thank you again for everything! Argo wedding March 20, 2020

Sent on 03/23/2020

Barbara Blake · Married on 02/04/2020

Best Day Ever

From the tour, to the planning session, and the day of the wedding, everyone was fantastic. They listened to what they wanted and they delivered. It was breathtaking!

Sent on 05/12/2019
  • Cheryl

Cheryl Jones · Married on 09/14/2019

Make your dreams come true

The Sterling Castle was everything we wanted and more. Misty Binkerd( the fairy godmother) and her family made all of my daughter dreams come true for her wedding. The venue was elegant and classy. Everything from the ceremony to reception was beautifully decorated. The food was delicious and DJ was excellent. We couldn't have ask for better. Thank you so much. I would highly recommend the Sterling Castle to anyone who is planning a wedding. It is such a beautiful,breathtaking venue.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Chyna Long · Married on 09/14/2019

If I could give ten stars I would

The sterling castle was the most amazing venue. I truly couldn’t think Misty and Her family enough they made all my dreams come true. Even when things were fit a bit crazy wedding they held me together and I could not ask for a better group. The food and music was great and flowers were gorgeous. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 09/24/2019

Gracie Isdell · Married on 06/22/2019

Dream wedding!!

Misty and Victor made our dream wedding come true!! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/04/2019

Savannah Crane · Married on 05/18/2019

Fairytale Wedding

We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day!! Mrs. Misty and Mr. Victor went above and beyond to make sure everything was exactly what I wanted down to every single detail! It was a wedding that our friends and family will remember for a very long time!

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 12/27/2018

Magical, Breathtaking,Once in a Lifetime

Words cannot describe how magical this experience was for me and my family. A week later and it is still all anyone is talking about. Words like magical,breathtaking, once in a lifetime, true love is how our wedding has been described, Misty and Victor are so wonderful and so obviously in love. They really bring together the whole once in a lifetime fairly tale experience. Brennan and Kelci are also so great. The whole family is personable, warm, and understanding they truly are down for anything nothing is too big or two small. We are die hard nerds in our family. They tied all the elements and essence of our relationship into one big jaw dropping amazing ceremony. Every single person employed by the sterling castle are shinning stars the caterers, the cake designer our officiants etc. Who Work so tirelessly for your day. You will never find a more open minded and just genuinely wonderful team of people. If you are like me the idea of planning a wedding is overwhelming and I dont even know were to begin. You can be as hands on or hands off as you want to be and I so enjoyed that. I have been told by everyone in attendance that this was the best wedding anyone including my photographers have ever seen. It wasn't just a wedding it was an epic adventure from the first visit to the big day! Nothing short of magic.

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn Rogers-Calhoun · Married on 10/20/2018

The Beginning of a Happily Ever After

I cannot even express how amazing everything that Misty, Victor, Kelsi, Brennan, and everyone at the Sterling Castle did for us. From day one they were so accommodating, patient, and, loving towards us and our families. They made every dream we've had for our wedding come true and far exceeded every expectation. They made everything seamless and absolutely beautiful for us. Our theme was Lord of the Rings, and they took that and made everything we dreamed of a reality and then took it even further. We could never be more grateful and appreciative for how much they did for us. We are happy to consider them part of our family, and we will always remember our wedding day because of the hard work and dedication they put forth to make sure we had an absolute fairy tale wedding. Thank you for being LGBTQ Friendly and accepting us into your family and making everything about our wedding day absolutely beautiful and perfect.

Sent on 11/03/2018

Casey · Married on 10/19/2018

Our wedding day was perfect! Misty and Victor went over and beyond to make our big day a dream come true. Everything ran so smoothly and was breathtaking. If you are looking for a venue with a beautiful atmosphere, professional staff, and worry-free experience, call Misty and Victor. You are in good hands!!!

Sent on 06/17/2018

Shelley Arcara · Married on 10/19/2018

Truly a fairytale wedding

My husband and I looked at this venue and instantly fell in love. We stopped searching for a wedding venue and immediately booked! There are so many options for creating your wedding day. They really worked with us on our budget and made us feel like we were still getting a million dollar dream wedding. For 10 months, from day one to the day of, everyone at the Sterling Castle kept in contact with us to make sure our wedding day was everything we wanted. Every single detail was taken care of, and any questions we had always got an answer. I can’t thank them enough for being so responsive, caring, and reassuring that we would have our dream day. It was truly beautiful and more than I even expected. Misty is incredible with decor and details!
    Brennan and Victor were also amazing. Brennan handled all our music. I picked out all the songs for our ceremony and first dances, and they all flowed flawlessly. During our first dance, we got a surprise by gorgeous little bubbles falling all around us from a bubble machine Brennan had up above us on the balcony. It was the perfect last minute detail that really made our first dance extra special and beautiful!
    I can’t speak highly enough about the Sterling Castle and everyone there. It was an absolute dream and if I had to do it all again, there’s not one thing I’d want to happen differently! It was truly a fairytale!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Lynn Mccrackin Bailey · Married on 10/07/2018

Sterling Castle will make your dreams come true.

The Sterling Castle is the perfect place and Misty and Victor are the perfect hosts. They are flexible, attentive, gracious and will make sure your wedding is stress free. The wedding cake was awesome. Everything was beautiful. We even had fireworks.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Cathleen Sigmund · Married on 09/27/2018

Wonderful experience!

Our wedding was absolutely amazing. Misty, Victor, Kelsi, Brennan and their host of of hand selected vendors and family made our memorable day beautiful and stress free. These are kind, honest people who truly enjoy making dreams come true. Throughout the entire process we felt like we were so much more than just customers.

Misty and Victor expertly captured the look and feel we were going for and stunned us all with the decor and preparations, they really turned our ideas into reality. The castle and surrounding grounds are beautiful, you can't ask for a more perfect setting.

When it started to rain they seamlessly adapted and kept everything moving smoothly, proving even mother nature couldn't dampen our day.

Even after the wedding we're finding out from our guests that there were so many little personal touches that we didn't notice, from helping a tired guest around with a wheelchair to making sure that everyone felt included.

If I listed out everything that we loved this would quickly turn into a novel, to sum it up they made sure our day was very special and unique.

Looking back we can't imagine going anywhere else!

Sent on 10/25/2018
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/22/2018

Fairytale Perfection

My wedding day was truly a dream come true, thanks to the amazing team at The Sterling Castle! Misty, Victor, Brennan, and Kelsi all made it such a wonderful and personal experience for us. They were professional and passionate about making our wedding perfect. They took care of every detail, comfortably navigating my fiancé and I through the process so we were completely at ease to enjoy our day to the fullest! I cannot emphasize how highly I recommend this amazing family and incredibly beautiful venue!!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Antweshia · Married on 09/15/2018

I am Antweshia Hawes-Wood, the bride on the CASTLE'S profile picture! My experience
    at the castle was AMAZING! Misty, Victor and their son Brennan treated me like family. Anything that I requested for my big day was made available to me. They will always have a special place in my heart!! Thank you so much for helping make my wedding day EXTRAORDINARY!! I recommend if your getting married and you want it to be held at a beautiful CASTLE ....THE STERLING CASTLE is it!!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Brooke · Married on 09/09/2018

From the moment we picked this venue to the day of our wedding, everything was perfect! She created all my ideas and made them reality! Highly recommend this place for a perfect fairytale wedding! Everything was so smooth and perfectly run!

Sent on 05/22/2018
  • Shakiya

Shakiya Blount · Married on 08/04/2018

A Home Of Love

Where should I start! Sterling Castle's entire staff is simply amazing. From day one, the son explained his parent's love story, how and why they built the castle and when they decided to share their home with engaged couples such as I! I will always remember the 1st conversation because after that 1st call, I only had to call one other time! Everything we discussed then came to fruition; My wedding day was perfect! The venue was lovely, food and cake excellent and the atmosphere far exceeded my expectations.

I can say my husband and I got our money worth and some! I NEED TO SAY AGAIN, the venue was amazing! Also, Misty coordinates the wedding really well, my family stated she had a kind spirit. Victor made sure the fog and fireworks were eye catching and heartfelt. Lastly, their son Brennan was a Great DJ.

I can go on and on about how wonderful my freestyle wedding turn out thanks to the help of Sterling Castle dreammakers.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Amy · Married on 04/20/2018

Planning an out of state wedding is hard enough for anyone, but with the help of Misty, Victor, Brennan, and Kelsi, this bride was stressed free. I started that I wanted everyone to have a great time. Wish granted. Everyone said what an amazing time they had. Even my grandmother stated that it was worth every penny. When my dad passed away in the middle of planning, they stepped back to allow me to heal. They even helped me create ways to honor my dad. The food was amazing, the DJ kept everyone dancing, Dr. Graham ( our officiant ) was apart of everyone's family by the end of the night, my bridal bouquet was better than the pictures I sent. I could write a book on how amazing The Sterling Castle is, but don't take my word for it. Find out for yourself. Brides you have found your venue, Groms who are not in to details, this is your place. The staff helps turn your dreams into reality, and creates memories of your wedding day that will last a lifetime. BOOK NOW you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 04/28/2018
  • ashley

Ashley · Married on 03/31/2018

Our wedding was March 31, 2018 at the Sterling Castle and I am so glad we chose this venue along with Victor, Misty, Kelsi, and Brennan. So many guests have told me this was the most fun wedding they have ever been to! It was such a relief leading up to the wedding to not have to worry about decorating or food or cake, or anything for that matter. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. The ceremony area was gorgeous and the flowers were so perfect! The reception area was greater than anything I could have hoped for (or anything I could have planned myself). Everything was so stunning and elegant! It was a perfect day. Thank you so much Binkerd family!!!

Sent on 04/18/2018

Steven · Married on 03/24/2018

I would recommend this place to anyone seeking a professionally planned wedding. Food was excellent, Venue is great, Misty and her family are very accommodating and know how to make things run smooth and efficient. Weddings are usually stressful, yet they made this as stress free as was possible. I would rate them higher, but 5/5 is all they allow. My hat goes off to Misty and Victor on a well planned, perfect day for my Bride and I.

Sent on 04/01/2018

Carol Ann · Married on 03/17/2018

Victor and Misty were great to work with! It was so nice to not have to run around and piece everything together. The venue was beautiful and all of the decorations fit perfectly into my daughter's theme. They took care of all the details to make her special day as stress free as possible for all of us! There were a few issues, but they rearranged and made changes to correct the issues. I only hope I can find another venue as good as they are when the other daughter get married! I certainly recommend them!

Sent on 03/21/2018