16 Reviews for The Starting Gate at GreatHorse

House Liquor (1)
Altar/Arches (1)
Audio Equipment (1)
16 The Starting Gate at GreatHorse Reviews

Cannot say enough good things about this amazing venue. Chris Sullivan made everything so much easier for us, since we are living out-of-state - we couldn't have done it without her. She and her team made the wedding flawless. The food is excellent, we had a signature drink, and they accommodated our ideas for a s'mores bar and late-night breakfast food snacks. There just is no better venue in Western Mass in terms of scenery, professionalism, service, quality...their slogan is right on, it's different at Greathorse.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 12/2/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Covered Outdoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables

I got married here this fall and can't say enough good things about it!!! The venue was beautiful and the staff was excellent. I worked primarily with Chris and she couldn't have been more accommodating. I would highly recommend this venue!!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding reception at GreatHorse in October. Chris and her team were wonderful from our first tour to our last dance. The building is spectacular and our guests raved about the food. GreatHorse knew what our needs were going to be on that day before we did, and met them before we could articulate them. GreatHorse was truly a dream wedding.

Profile Picture Molly, 10/8/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access

The Starting Gate at GreatHorse helped us have the most perfect wedding day. The venue itself is absolutely stunning, the bridal suite is to die for, but most importantly, the staff there is superb! Chris Sullivan made sure that the day of the wedding ran flawlessly and kept to the schedule. The food was incredible and all our guests were extremely impressed. We were also impressed by the food tasting which was completely private and we got to pick what we wanted to try in advance. The chef prepared everything for us right there and we had a personal server pouring the wine pairings. We could not have asked for a more perfect day!

Profile Picture Valerie, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Since we first day saw the Starting Gate we feel in love with it. Working with Chris Sullivan was awesome, she helped make our special day a huge success! The staff was very professional, everyone complimented on the food, the service, and how great the view was. Thank you again for making our day extra special for us!

Profile Picture Craig , 9/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Starting Gate at GreatHorse in Hampden, Ma is an incredible wedding venue.
From the moment you arrive at the majestic gates topped with gas flames you know that the GreatHorse team is going to transport you into another world. As you drive up the roadway you experience the beautiful maintained greens of the golf course and the stunning architecture of the buildings with breathtaking views of the Pioneer Valley. As the mother of the bride and someone who worked in the wedding industry for 20 years, I’m not easily wowed and all I can say is “WOW”!

We were in awe of the beauty of The Starting Gate. The detail in the high copper ceilings, the gorgeous chandeliers, the beautiful stone fireplace, the spacious wrap around deck overlooking the views and the sides that can go up an down to accommodate the weather without taking away from the view (even the rest rooms are stunning)! We were sold, but that was only the beginning.

Throughout the planning stages the Catering Manager, Chris Sullivan and her team (Meghan, Lauren and Cathy) guided us effortlessly. They were friendly, efficient and organized. Their knowledge and suggestions all made for the perfect day. We had the pleasure of getting ready in the most elegant bridal suite and the staff saw to our every need. I was pleasantly surprised to see the whole management team on the day of the wedding, executing the details flawlessly!

Chef, Chris Cote’s culinary expertise and special touches did not go unnoticed. The fresh foods made onsite, the plate presentation, and flavor was truly five star and had all of our guests raving.

Thank you to the whole team for making our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding a spectacular event!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment our wedding day began Chris, and her team did everything they could to make our day perfect. We arrived early in the morning to get ready in the bridal suite. Through out the day we always had champagne, and different things to eat, such as an impressive cheese tray, and delicious sandwiches. The venue itself is beautiful, but then we you add all the personalized details, it's breath taking. Our food was incredible, and our guests are still talking about it. The Starting Gate went above and beyond in making our wedding everything we dreamed off,

Profile Picture Marybeth, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Still receiving feedback from guests on how amazing the venue was and how courteous, friendly and professional the staff was. There was never a shortage of food and the bars were perfectly placed so that there were never lines. Dinner came out promptly and everyone was served at the same time.

Profile Picture Molly, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything about The Starting Gate at GreatHorse experience is exceptional. The whole process was streamlined and simple. The service can't be topped; the view is phenomenal; the food is outstanding. Chris made the reception seamless and took so much pressure off myself and my family on the day of the wedding. I was thoroughly impressed and so were all of my guests. I'm beyond thankful for the beautiful day they helped me create. Words can't express how special my wedding was.

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated

Chris is absolutely phenomenal. Loved working with her. The staff and their attention to detail is impeccable.

Profile Picture Tara, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Everything was perfect. Very professional. Easy to work with. The staff at The Starting Gate at Great Horse was very knowledgeable.

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were fortunate enough to be the very first wedding at The Starting Gate at GreatHorse and will be forever grateful for the entire experience. The venue itself if top quality in every way possible...the view, the amenities, the staff; I could go on and on. The event coordinator was very organized, professional, accommodating...just a pleasure to work with! The food...is amazing! The Chef creates food that is sure to excite anyone's palate. I would highly recommend the Starting Gate at GreatHorse to everyone!

Profile Picture Meghan, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married here back in October. It was absolutely stunning! And when I mean it couldn't have been more perfect I mean it! The food was amazing, the service was amazing, and the wedding planner Chris was awesome! I wouldn't get married anywhere else!!!! It was seriously perfect. It was everything I ever wanted! Thank you again GreatHorse for an amazing time!!!!!! :-)

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It's easy to see why my husband and I fell in love with this venue... The Starting Gate is absolutely stunning. However, we knew we couldn't get married anywhere else once we met Chris Sullivan, the manager of catering. Chris, Meghan, and Lauren did an outstanding job helping us with every single detail-- I can't say enough good things about those 3! Just when we thought it couldn't get any better, we met Chef Chris. Not only did the food taste phenomenal, he takes great pride in the presentation of every single dish! The entire night, Chris and the girls kept everything running smoothly and my guests didn't stop complimenting me on the service of the wait staff. When you set your wedding or event date at The Starting Gate at GreatHorse, you are in the BEST of hands.
(Ladies- just wait until you see the bridal suite!)

Profile Picture Meghan, 8/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

It's pricy, but you can't beat the views, the food, the service, the private bridal suite with two bathrooms, the grounds and being the only wedding of the day. Cathy, Chris, Lauren & staff were amazing and we don't regret a single penny!

Profile Picture User7634912, 1+ year ago, 1 Review