The Starting Gate at GreatHorse Reviews

The Starting Gate at GreatHorse 2
The Starting Gate at GreatHorse 3

Rachel Gaines · Married on 08/23/2019

Absolutely amazing

The GreatHorse was absolutely amazing. I worked with Chris and Lauren and they made my day unforgettable. All the staff there is great, the food was fantastic. I could go on for days about this venue. I will always recommend the GreatHorse!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Heather

Heather Campbell · Married on 07/27/2019

Beautiful location and amazing staff!

We met with the event manager who was super friendly, informative and bent over backwards for us. We had already booked a different venue and date but were so blown away by the facility and the event manager that we ended up booking with them.

Sent on 12/17/2018

Nicole · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing, amazing!

The Great Horse is a fantastic venue. It is truly a fairytale and every single detail is executed to perfection. The coordinator and staff make you feel like you are extremely important and are very responsive and want to make you happy. If you have the money, there is no better place in western Mass.

Sent on 07/09/2019

Hope · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing! Book this venue!!

Gorgeous views. Food is incredible. Venue coordinator Chris Sullivan made the evening run like a dream. DO NOT HESITATE TO BOOK!!

Sent on 06/23/2019

Claire · Married on 05/18/2019

Romantic, Perfect Venue

There is no venue better than The Starting Gate. We had a long engagement and toured this venue before they had done many weddings. I could not even wait until we were off the property to email them to book it, I was so blown away! When you first arrive, you drive through iron gates onto the perfectly manicured grounds that overlook the most amazing view you will ever see. This venue is not a typical “banquet hall” facility and every detail down to the type of linen they use for the tables is perfect. The floors are not the ugly carpet you would normally see, the chandeliers and really just the entire room is gorgeous and the bridal suite is to die for. The views from the deck and the wedding garden are breathtaking. Then there is Chris Sullivan. She is an absolute professional, there is no one better at their job and no one else who will help you create the perfect day like she can. She will make you feel like the most important bride she is working with and will ensure every single detail is exactly how you want it. She really is so much more than just your coordinator!! Lauren and the rest of the Starting Gate team are also there to help you every step of the way!! The food is AMAZING and the options are endless. My now husband is a professional cook and he was blown away by all the food, our guests ate so much and are still commenting on the quality of food, service and the beautiful views! Chris and her team ensured the entire day and planning process was unbelievably smooth and relaxing for all of us. She learned my personality throughout my planning process and suggested things she knew I would love (we had a wine wall at cocktail hour!!!!). What you get with the package (valet, the beautiful bridal suite, customized menus to name just a few things) is unbelievable and unlike anything we saw touring other venues. Their preferred vendor list is all you will need, they work with the absolute best. If you are lucky enough to find and book this venue, I promise you will not be disappointed and you will be hearing how your wedding was the best wedding ever and “over the top” (in the best way!) all night!!! They also have public events so you can go back and relive your special day after it’s all over!! We also had our rehearsal dinner at the venue on the deck and it had the same quality and level of service as the day of the wedding. Our wedding would have not been the same if we had gone anywhere else and we feel so grateful for everything they did for us.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Shayna · Married on 11/10/2018

Dream location for your big day!

Couldn’t have imagined a better place to celebrate our big day! Chris Sullivan listens to your wants and brings them to life! She is the best and so organized! Thank you to Chris and all the staff for making our celebration a dream come true!

Sent on 03/08/2019
  • Y

Yajaira · Married on 07/21/2018

This venue is absolutely beautiful! Chris and her team make it so easy to plan your wedding. She was so helpful from the moment I walked in. The service provided was superb and the food is delicious! Everyone couldn't stop talking about it! Chris is the most organized person and will make anything happen! I would host any event at the Starting Gate.

Sent on 08/03/2018

Karolina · Married on 07/07/2018

The Starting Gate was the very first venue tour I booked when planning my wedding and it was the ONLY venue tour I needed. We were blown away with the immaculately kept Great Horse grounds and the stunning views from the top of the country club. You can tell this venue strives to provide the utmost quality in everything they do. Chris and her team were incredible to work with. They helped answer and address any questions I had and went above and beyond to help me organize all last minute details.

The food provided by The Starting Gate's own chef is AMAZING. The Starting Gate hosts a individual tasting and listens to any and all changes you'd like to have. Our guests are still talking about the amazing filet they had at our wedding!

The bridal suite is beautiful and the perfect place to get ready, take pictures, and be pampered at the start of your day. We were treated to a fun breakfast spread and mimosas as soon as we arrived. Chris helped take care of every little detail for the remainder of the day from drink orders and hors d’oeuvres for the bridal party during pictures, to fixing my veil, to addressing any detail-oriented concerns I had. She was on top of it all so that we could enjoy our big day!

The Starting Gate truly exudes luxury and makes any event feel very exclusive. I hope to attend more events at The Starting Gate so we can enjoy the amazing venue, service, and food again!

Sent on 09/27/2018
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 06/30/2018

My husband and I got married @ GreatHorse on 6/30/18 and we could not have had a better day. From the very first day we set foot into the venue we knew it was for us. My ENTIRE experience with Chris was amazing. She wrote back to every single email I sent to her quickly and always answered our questions. She was accommodating and patient with me during some of my indecisive moments and everything turned out to be even better than I imagined it would. The food is insanely delicious, the venue is stunning and the customer service is top notch. Not one staff member there misses a beat on anything. Our guests are still raving about our day and it was over 2 months ago! We wish we could have our wedding day over and over again, it was a blur but it was absolutely amazing. Thank you x's a million to Chris and ALL of the staff at GreatHorse for giving us the wedding of our dreams. You are truly amazing at what you do!
    - Mr & Mrs. Copeland <3

Sent on 08/21/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/23/2018

From our first meeting with Chris and her team to the last dance The Starting Gate at GreatHorse exceeded all of our expectations. Not only is the venue stunning but the quality of the service is top notch. Chris and Lauren made the planning process fun, easy and we looked forward to every meeting we had with them. They did not miss any detail and even contacted all of our vendors the week of the wedding to confirm arrival times. We knew from the tasting that our guests were in for a treat with the quality and portion size of the food. The food on our wedding day was phenomenal along with the servers and bartenders who were polite and attentive to everyone’s needs. We still to this day continue to receive many compliments about the dinner and appetizers.
    I can’t recommend the Starting Gate enough, our wedding day was magical and perfect in every way. The venue is gorgeous, the bridal suite is beautiful and the view is spectacular even in the misty rain that we had. Chris and Lauren, thank you for your undivided attention and meticulous wedding planning. You made us feel like we were the only wedding that you were working on and we miss seeing you. If anyone is looking for a beautiful venue and want to work with people who truly love what they do, please check out The Starting Gate. I can promise you that you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Lindsay · Married on 12/02/2017

Cannot say enough good things about this amazing venue. Chris Sullivan made everything so much easier for us, since we are living out-of-state - we couldn't have done it without her. She and her team made the wedding flawless. The food is excellent, we had a signature drink, and they accommodated our ideas for a s'mores bar and late-night breakfast food snacks. There just is no better venue in Western Mass in terms of scenery, professionalism, service, quality...their slogan is right on, it's different at Greathorse.

Sent on 09/28/2017

Cameron · Married on 11/03/2017

I went to see The Starting Gate at GreatHorse on a whim. I wasn't sure that a golf course would be what I was looking for when I imagined my "rustic yet elegant" wedding. My now husband and I drove through the gates it felt like we were on top of a massive mountain. The view was straight out of a magazine (which is exactly what my guests still tell me). I was greeted by Chris and Lauren to show us around the grounds which had everything we needed from an elegant suite to get ready in, the picturesque wedding garden, and incredible
    reception room all in one! Driving from Boston was difficult for meetings during the week but Chris was more flexible than I think anyone else would have been with us! I was NOT an organized bride at all and she was there to help me every single step of the way! She was in contact with all my vendors double checking the details. She knew what my themes were and what I imagined and inserted small details throughout the entire experience that made me feel like I was the ONLY bride in the world she was dealing with!

It had a 70% chance of raining on my wedding day and all I wanted was to get married in the wedding garden and despite some quick sprinkles Chris made it happen! She promised she wouldn't make it be indoors until the very last second and the weather held out! I swear that she called upon the giant rainbow herself!

Food was so important to our family and my guests have not stopped talking about how amazing ours was! The chef was incredible! I'm sure a lot of brides are told that their food was the best their guests have ever had, but I honestly have heard it so much! Guests drinks were never empty and the service from all of the employees was exemplary. I wouldn't change one detail about my experience at GreatHorse. Such a hidden gem! Thanks so much Chris, Lauren, and everyone else at The Starting Gate for helping make my wedding better than anything I could have imagined!

Sent on 03/01/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 10/14/2017

I got married here this fall and can't say enough good things about it!!! The venue was beautiful and the staff was excellent. I worked primarily with Chris and she couldn't have been more accommodating. I would highly recommend this venue!!!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Molly · Married on 10/08/2017

My husband and I had our wedding reception at GreatHorse in October. Chris and her team were wonderful from our first tour to our last dance. The building is spectacular and our guests raved about the food. GreatHorse knew what our needs were going to be on that day before we did, and met them before we could articulate them. GreatHorse was truly a dream wedding.

Sent on 11/16/2017

Valerie · Married on 09/30/2017

The Starting Gate at GreatHorse helped us have the most perfect wedding day. The venue itself is absolutely stunning, the bridal suite is to die for, but most importantly, the staff there is superb! Chris Sullivan made sure that the day of the wedding ran flawlessly and kept to the schedule. The food was incredible and all our guests were extremely impressed. We were also impressed by the food tasting which was completely private and we got to pick what we wanted to try in advance. The chef prepared everything for us right there and we had a personal server pouring the wine pairings. We could not have asked for a more perfect day!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Craig · Married on 09/24/2017

Since we first day saw the Starting Gate we feel in love with it. Working with Chris Sullivan was awesome, she helped make our special day a huge success! The staff was very professional, everyone complimented on the food, the service, and how great the view was. Thank you again for making our day extra special for us!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Kathleen · Married on 07/01/2017

The Starting Gate at GreatHorse in Hampden, Ma is an incredible wedding venue.
    From the moment you arrive at the majestic gates topped with gas flames you know that the GreatHorse team is going to transport you into another world. As you drive up the roadway you experience the beautiful maintained greens of the golf course and the stunning architecture of the buildings with breathtaking views of the Pioneer Valley. As the mother of the bride and someone who worked in the wedding industry for 20 years, I’m not easily wowed and all I can say is “WOW”!

We were in awe of the beauty of The Starting Gate. The detail in the high copper ceilings, the gorgeous chandeliers, the beautiful stone fireplace, the spacious wrap around deck overlooking the views and the sides that can go up an down to accommodate the weather without taking away from the view (even the rest rooms are stunning)! We were sold, but that was only the beginning.

Throughout the planning stages the Catering Manager, Chris Sullivan and her team (Meghan, Lauren and Cathy) guided us effortlessly. They were friendly, efficient and organized. Their knowledge and suggestions all made for the perfect day. We had the pleasure of getting ready in the most elegant bridal suite and the staff saw to our every need. I was pleasantly surprised to see the whole management team on the day of the wedding, executing the details flawlessly!

Chef, Chris Cote’s culinary expertise and special touches did not go unnoticed. The fresh foods made onsite, the plate presentation, and flavor was truly five star and had all of our guests raving.

Thank you to the whole team for making our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding a spectacular event!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Marybeth · Married on 07/01/2017

From the moment our wedding day began Chris, and her team did everything they could to make our day perfect. We arrived early in the morning to get ready in the bridal suite. Through out the day we always had champagne, and different things to eat, such as an impressive cheese tray, and delicious sandwiches. The venue itself is beautiful, but then we you add all the personalized details, it's breath taking. Our food was incredible, and our guests are still talking about it. The Starting Gate went above and beyond in making our wedding everything we dreamed off,

Sent on 07/17/2017

Molly · Married on 06/24/2017

Still receiving feedback from guests on how amazing the venue was and how courteous, friendly and professional the staff was. There was never a shortage of food and the bars were perfectly placed so that there were never lines. Dinner came out promptly and everyone was served at the same time.

Sent on 06/28/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/10/2017

Everything about The Starting Gate at GreatHorse experience is exceptional. The whole process was streamlined and simple. The service can't be topped; the view is phenomenal; the food is outstanding. Chris made the reception seamless and took so much pressure off myself and my family on the day of the wedding. I was thoroughly impressed and so were all of my guests. I'm beyond thankful for the beautiful day they helped me create. Words can't express how special my wedding was.

Sent on 07/13/2017

Tara · Married on 05/20/2017

Chris is absolutely phenomenal. Loved working with her. The staff and their attention to detail is impeccable.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Kristen · Married on 11/19/2016

Best day ever! We cannot say enough about this venue. Cathy and all of the staff was so wonderful throughout the whole process. We have gotten so many compliments from our guests saying it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Thank you for the perfect wedding day!

Sent on 01/11/2017

Michelle · Married on 08/06/2016

Everything was perfect. Very professional. Easy to work with. The staff at The Starting Gate at Great Horse was very knowledgeable.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Meghan · Married on 05/07/2016

My husband and I were fortunate enough to be the very first wedding at The Starting Gate at GreatHorse and will be forever grateful for the entire experience. The venue itself if top quality in every way possible...the view, the amenities, the staff; I could go on and on. The event coordinator was very organized, professional, accommodating...just a pleasure to work with! The food...is amazing! The Chef creates food that is sure to excite anyone's palate. I would highly recommend the Starting Gate at GreatHorse to everyone!

Sent on 09/28/2016