The Standard Reviews

3 | Rockford, IL

3 Reviews for The Standard

Suzie Rocca · Married on 12/29/2018

Nothing short of perfect!

My husband and I can't get over how perfect The Standard was for our December wedding! The venue is absolutely beautiful and full of gorgeous details that really make it one of a kind. It was the perfect location to have both a ceremony and reception, and the transition between the two events was seamless. Johnna and Sara were so helpful with the planning process, especially when it got down to crunch time. The planning website they use is very easy to navigate and all of our other vendors had access to it so they knew our seating chart, floor layout, timeline, etc. Johnna went above and beyond to make the rehearsal and the wedding an absolute breeze. My husband and I, along with our families, were able to fully enjoy the whole day because the staff at The Standard took care of everything.

Abreo caters the events at The Standard, and you won’t be disappointed. Paul and his staff were great to work with, and they even made our dream of a homemade ice cream sundae bar come true! The menu was customizable, and they were able to accommodate dietary restrictions for the guests. Most importantly, the food was phenomenal!

We feel so lucky that we were able to have our wedding at The Standard, and we would not hesitate to recommend the venue for weddings or other events.

Sent on 02/23/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 10/12/2018

In LOVE with The Standard!

I don't even know where to begin with The Standard. I love this venue in so many ways.

To start, the venue itself is absolutely stunning. When my fiance and I went on our initial tour, I knew we'd found the place. Now given that it was the first place we looked at, my fiance insisted we give a few other places a chance, so I did. I looked into at least 7 other venues but ultimately, none of the compared. The style was perfect for me/what I wanted for my day. Modern, glamorous, and a bit industrial. And the fact that there's a rooftop adds a whole other level (pun intended) of beauty and uniqueness. I also loved that the ceremony and reception can be in the same place AND the bridal party can get ready at the venue with hair and make up just downstairs (if you choose to use Arch Apothecary's services). So convenient and eases the stress (and cost) of travel expenses (i.e. to salons or to and from hotel).

The staff at The Standard were all so knowledgable and friendly, making it so easy to work with and plan your perfect day. I was originally in contact with Sara then switched to Johnna due to some staffing changes. The Standard gave me ample notice of the change and ensured me Sara filled Johnna in on all my details and that she did! In typical type A, bride fashion I was nervous but the transition was seamless! Both Sara and Johnna are a joy to work with! I recommend opting in for the day-off coordinator option because Johnna made sure all the details I wanted went off without a hitch! Praises to her because for a guest count of over 240 people, there's a lot to organize.

The Standard has a partnership with Abreo for all catering needs. At first you might be a little bummed that you don't have more of a variety to choose from but trust me, you WILL NOT regret it. Paul and his staff at Abreo were great communicators and really worked with my fiance and I to check all possible options to ensure our apps, drinks, and dinner menu were everything we wanted but yet as affordable as possible. Even if you don't live in Rockford, be sure to attend your tasting!! It was one of my favorite parts of the wedding process! Paul explained each dish to my fiance and I (as well as my in-laws) and made sure we did not walk away hungry. I had so many people compliment us on our wedding food which to me, is a big deal! My fiance and I are big foodies. One guest even said it was the best wedding food she's ever had and another said it was the best steak (beef tenderloin) she's ever had, period. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Overall, I would definitely recommend The Standard to a future bride and groom. They also do other events which I'm sure would be a blast as well!

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Lazzerini · Getting married on 02/25/2020

4.2
      3.0
      3.0

Very elegant Space

I went to check out the venue and learn about the packages. The space is brand new, contemporary rustic elgance with gorgeous exposed brick. The venue has amazing features especially the rooftop and gorgeous chandeliers. The catering company Abreo is amazing and I have always enjoyed their food. I love the bridal suite and mancave they offer. For me, thd rental for the space is very high(9,500) and they dont offer military discounts. They also do not include linens among some others as well which has a lot of added expenses. Parking is also limited but not terrible. I like the orginality of it. It is gorgeous, but some things i wish they would include for the very high rental fee.

Sent on 12/08/2018