The Silo Banquets & Catering Reviews

21 Reviews for The Silo Banquets & Catering

• Heather

Heather Van Dussem · Married on 12/01/2018

Mr and Mrs J Van Dussen

Our experience with The Silo was nothing short of awesome. Sam was very responsive to emails when I had questions. I knew we were on good hands when our wedding day was here. The day was smooth and I couldn't have asked for a better experience and day for our wedding. I would highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Heather & Jeremy!

Thank you for this rave review! I truly enjoyed working with the two of you! You had a beautiful day which complimented your beautiful love story! We wish you and your family all the best!
    -Sam & the entire Silo Staff!

Janie · Married on 11/04/2017

The Silo was the perfect location for our daughters 5/2017 wedding! From the first moment we pulled up to this venue we knew we had found the perfect location. They Alison and Sam were very organized, always welcoming to our many question! Everything was perfect. Sam, the wedding coordinator allowed me, the mother of the bride, to relax and enjoy this very special day. I would highly recommend The Silo.

Sent on 06/17/2017
  • Sarah195

Sarah · Married on 10/01/2016

Sam was an absolute dream to work with. She was so helpful, responsive, full of advice, and all around wonderful. Our wedding day was exactly what we wanted and we received so many compliments on the food. We were told it was the best wedding food ever! And it truly is. Everything on our menu was delicious and on point. The only thing I was a little disappointed with was we were told we would have appetizers and drinks waiting for us and the bridal party downstairs while we were waiting to be introduced in to the reception but when we arrived there were no appetizers or drinks. Everything else was beautiful and it all ran so smoothly. We even received a gift card from The Silo in the mail a few days after our wedding for The Grill House which was a really nice touch and we can't wait to use the card for a date night in the future!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Lindsay · Married on 07/30/2016

The Silo was absolutely phenomenal to work with!! Sam was so helpful in answering any questions and making sure all details were taken care of. She was around all day making sure everything was in order and we were taken care of. We didn't have to think about a thing! The food was amazing and we got compliments all night on how delicious it was. We loved the adorable gazebo for our outdoor ceremony. We really wanted to have the "barn" look and this way we got it with indoor plumbing and air conditioning as well. Absolutely beautiful and wonderful!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/02/2016

The perfect venue! From the moment we first toured the Silo, we knew we were in good hands. The venue was beautiful with many spots outside for great photos. It was very spacious, the food was outstanding, the wait staff was so wonderful and the decor was beautiful. The best part about it was the wedding coordinator. Sam was there for us every step of the way. She thought of everything that we didn't! Every time we met up with her, she made us feel so great about planning. She made sure everything went smoothly they day of and it did! You can tell she truly loves her job and will do anything within her power to make your day the best day of your life! We loved our wedding venue!!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Laura · Married on 09/20/2014

The Silo was the perfect place to have our wedding reception. Sam was incredibly organized and helpful throughout the planning process, and the reception was fantastic. Our guests raved about the food and the banquet room! We took gorgeous wedding photos out by the pond and gazebo. It was worth every penny to have our wedding celebration at The Silo. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Jessica · Married on 08/30/2013

The Silo was everything I had dreamed of and more for our reception venue. The staff was wonderful, the building was beautiful, the food was AMAZING!! I HIGHLY recommend The Silo!!

Sent on 10/09/2013

Amanda · Married on 11/19/2011

The Silo was awesome to work with. Flexible with requests, food was delicious, and the staff (from Katie & Beth, to the bartender, to the servers) was fantastic. We were so happy with the price and experience.

Sent on 12/15/2011

Michelle · Married on 09/24/2011

The entire 18 month planning process was made much more pleasant and smooth by The Silo. Each email was promptly responded too with the feeling that our wedding was the ONLY wedding that year. Our guests are still raving about the food, decor, service, and overall experience our wedding provided. We have a date already planned to go back for dinner because so many people are already craving the food, again. We would love to have our day all over again and it would be exactly how it was, at The Silo Banquets & Catering! AMAZING!!

Sent on 11/06/2011

Rachael · Married on 06/18/2011

Wonderful place to have your dream day!

Sent on 08/20/2011

Brie · Married on 06/11/2011

Beautiful facility! Katie & Beth were great to work with and made sure everything went smoothly. I would highly recommend them for anyone's wedding reception!

Sent on 08/05/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 05/15/2011

The Silo was such an excellent choice for our wedding reception! The venue is beautiful and the staff, Katie,Beth and all the servers, were amazing to work with and so helpful. When it came to decisions about how we wanted everything to go, Katie and Beth made excellent suggestions that helped with our budget and our preferences. I loved the fact that we could come and try the food before we decided what we wanted. Speaking of food, all of wedding guests raved about the mashed potatoes, so if you book the Silo, make sure you get their potatoes! It was so great to work with the staff at the Silo to make our wedding a very very memorable one.

Sent on 08/14/2011

Stacey · Married on 06/28/2008

The Silo staff are very professional and knowledgable. The room looked beautiful once decorated, though the ballroom also has natural beauty. The food was delicious! We received many, many compliments on our choice of reception venue.

Sent on 08/11/2008

Sarah · Married on 12/30/2006

The Silo is set out in the country. It is a large barn built around an old silo, but you would never know that from the immaculate inside decor. They even had a beautiful Bride's Room all for me! The service was extremely personal (we were their second wedding!). I had a specific idea for a card basket that they didn't have at the location, but one of the employees had the materials at home to make one--they brought the completed product in for us! I'm a hot chocolate girl instead of a coffee girl, so they worked out having hot chocolate as a hot drink as well. They had beautiful decorations for the tables and a GORGEOUS balcony where we took many beautiful snowy pictures. Wow. They played a big part in making our day a memorable one!

Sent on 04/07/2008

Michelle · Married on 08/27/2011

We can not thank the Silo enough for all your hard work on making our Wedding so special. The food was amazing and venue is just beautiful. We felt so comfortable with all of the staff. It was a wonderful experience and a day we will never forget! Thank you Silo!

Sent on 09/16/2011

Emily · Married on 07/29/2011

The Silo was was great for us to work with! They were very flexible with accomodating any of my requests. I would highly recommend the Silo!

Sent on 08/08/2011

Shelby · Married on 06/28/2019

Great venue and service

The venue was great and Sam was amazing! She made sure everything was great for us! She was always there to answer questions about anything. Food and food service was great! Was a wonderful wedding venue!

Sent on 06/29/2019

Shelby & Trent!

I had so much fun working with the two of you! Your day was beautiful and perfect! Thank you for sharing your love with us! We wish you two all the best!

-Sam & the entire Silo Staff

Jessica · Married on 07/21/2018

We recently had our wedding here and had an excellent experience! The venue is unique, gorgeous and was the perfect space for our large wedding; the food was great. Sam was helpful and quick in responding. Audrie was great to work with on our wedding day; she was so helpful in moving our outdoor ceremony to indoor and checked in on us a few times throughout the day. We would certainly recommend The Silo to other couples!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Hi Jessica!

Congratulations and thank you for the wonderful review! We are honored you and Jordan shared your love story with us! We wish you two all the best!
    -Sam, Audrie & the entire Silo Staff!

Courtney · Married on 05/06/2011

3.5

Love the staff there!!

Sent on 06/03/2011

Jessica · Married on 07/23/2011

4.2

Beautiful setting! Lots of space! Kind and very helpful staff! Supper organized!!!!!! I was dissapointed in one of the food items because it was very different from what I had at the taste testing but other than that it was perfect!

Sent on 01/18/2012

Alysia · Married on 06/23/2018

0.4
      0.5

My experience up until the wedding was great. We had a great tasting and Sam the wedding coordinator did an amazing job. I will say the day of my actual wedding the service was absolutely horrible. I had a fill in wedding coordinator for the day of which I was extremely upset about. Most of the staff were so rude to my guests telling them they were not eating because they forgot to grab their food card. Closed the bar I paid for down early without confronting me about it first. Started grabbing drinks out of my guests hands and dumping them out before closing time telling them. The fill in coordinator got and attitude with Me and my husband and continuous eye rolling. There was no communication that day what so ever. The food was great and the venue is beautiful but other than that I was not impressed.Not worth the amount of money we spent! Be sure to ask every single question you can before your day because otherwise things will change on the day of and you will be disappointed. I received no refund on anything they do not give refunds even if they screw up horribly! I would not recommend this place to anyone!

Sent on 07/18/2018

The Silo Banquets & Catering's reply:

We wish Alysia & Adam nothing but the best and it is unfortunate that they did not leave with a positive feeling of our venue. As an owner of the liquor license we need to protect all guests and our Alcohol Beverage Policies state just that.
    "The Silo is governed by the Michigan State Division of Alcohol and Tobacco. The Silo does not permit any alcoholic beverages to be brought onto the property (including but not limited to the parking lot, building and grounds) from any outside source . Penalties ultimately may result in immediate removal from the premises and or cancellation of the event without refund. Client shall comply with all applicable local and state liquor laws and further agrees that neither client nor client’s guests will request or service alcoholic beverage to any minors or to any person who, in the judgment of The Silo, are intoxicated."