The Shores of Turtle Creek Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Grace
    Grace K. Getting married on 08/08/2023

Amazing group

My fiance & I were invited to this venue for a fun Friday night holiday date night. Their invitation also gave us a chance to get out of the house amidst cov19 in a safely distanced & intimate environment while also being given information regarding what the venue offered. We were greeted at the door by the entire crew for just the 2 of us which started the night off with such a VIP feeling, hospitable experience. Upon being given a complimentary charcuterie board w/a wide variety of snacks, fun cocktails, & the opportunity to make a cute "Our 1st Christmas Engaged" ornament, we were given so much more than one could ask of a venue or its supporting members. It's not every day you can meet all the supporting vendors you could possibly need on your big day all in 1 spot, being able to ask all the questions you have for them. Not to mention the vibes they give off being a team that's worked so well together for a large number of years created such a sweet feeling & very comforting to see. They were patient, sweet, informative, kind, so very personable, and just all around fun to spend your evening with & hang out. Tell me there is another vendor out there who will also, for the price of $0, give you advice on helpful tips you might not be able to hear from anyone else. Not only did they offer tips for the big day regarding things like lighting & how to get the pictures you want but they eagerly gave you a guided dance lesson, relationship pointers & marital advise for a continued strong marriage after the fact once the exciting day was something behind you. This venue with it's crew of supporting vendors was the very 1st one we saw on our journey of venue hunting, and we wanted so badly to book them right there on the spot. We are venturing around because its just what you do when you've only seen 1 place but it will be a very hard example for other vendors to try and follow or compete with for sure!
    Grace & Alex

Hello Grace and Alex ♥
    Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback - we always have so much fun with the couples and love offering Date Nights. It's so great to hear you enjoyed your time here as well ♥ Anna
  • Maggie
    Maggie M. Married on 10/02/2021

Delightful experience from start to finish

My husband I got married in October 2021 at the Shores of Turtle Creek and WOW. I don’t think our big day could have gone any better. Anna and her team at the Shores are PHENOMENAL. I would recommend anyone get married here, and there are several reasons why. Let’s start with the venue itself!

The Shores is a charming and tucked away venue that made everyone feel like they were in a fairy tail. It’s gorgeous year-round and I had the privilege of seeing it beautiful in the winter, spring, and summer while planning for the fall. The huge trees look amazing year-round, the ponds are gorgeous, the lodge is beautifully manicured in the spring and summer with bright flowers, and the snow in the winter makes the venue a wonderland. Both the inside and outside ceremony spaces were enchanting and warm! We made the day of decision to have our wedding inside because of the heat and rain threat, and I can honestly say that I wasn’t the least bit disappointed or regretful of that decision. Anna and her team made everything perfect even with the last minute change!

Finally, I have to give Anna some praise. Anna is a very hands on coordinator who makes wedding planning easy. She took the time to learn about me and my husband and our vision for the day. She leaned in with advice and helped us all stay on track for our wedding planning. We were done planning about a month out and it made it so much easier to enjoy the day when Anna had the eye and forethought to make sure everything was ready! If you decide to book the Shores, do yourself a favor and go with all of Anna’s recommended vendors. They will not disappoint. We were lucky enough to book Anna’s preferred DJ, caterer, florist, baker, and photographer, and wow did they put on a great party for us. The food was incredible, the deserts were delicious, the flowers were breathtaking, and our dance floor was never empty. I’ve had multiple guests gush about how our wedding was the most fun they had ever had at a wedding and we couldn’t have done it with out Anna and the incredible people she works with!

I really can’t say enough about this special venue and the family that works there. If you’re thinking about this venue do yourself a favor and visit. You’ll definitely fall in love!

The Shores of Turtle Creek's reply:

Hi Maggie and Kris ♥ Thank you so much for this beautiful review! You were such a great couple to work with, it was a complete pleasure to serve you and your families ♥
    And we can't wait to see your beautiful photography!
    Congratulations and Best Wishes ♥ Anna
  • Kirsten
    Kirsten R. Married on 09/10/2021

Couldn't have asked for more!

We are unbelievably glad that we found and chose SOTC as our reception venue. As the bride, I really valued vendors who were organized and responsive to help ease the stress of wedding planning, and Anna was these things and more. She helped keep us on track with the many considerations needed for a perfect wedding, and recommended other great vendors that we also used and loved. She was also patient and the perfect sounding board as we had questions and navigated a COVID wedding. The venue is beautiful and rustic (the best of both worlds), and the grounds were the absolute perfect backdrop to our photos. The staff was friendly and professional and our guests had many great things to say about the night. We would choose The Shores many times over, - wouldn't have changed a thing. Thank you!!

The Shores of Turtle Creek's reply:

Hello Kirsten and Tim ♥ Congratulations on your Marriage!
    Thank you for this amazing review ~ and being such an amazing couple! It was our absolute pleasure to serve you and your guests ♥ Anna and Team :-)
    P.S. I love your beautiful photos!!!!!
  • Jennie
    Jennie B. Married on 12/04/2019

Our wedding was everything we ever wanted!

I couldn't have imagined a more perfect venue that had everything we were looking for. Our wedding was incredible and everything we wanted. Not one thing went wrong. Nothing!!! The staff was excellent! Our guests were so impressed with how fast and efficient the buffet dinner went! Honestly from the start of the day all the way up to midnight, the night was everything my husband and I had hoped for. Things were more than perfect and I could never thank The Shore enough for all that they did. Anna steered us in all the right directions for all our decisions and we are still hearing about how good the food was! Words will never be able to explain our gratitude! I have nothing but amazing things to say! Thank you for making our wedding absolutely amazing.

The Shores of Turtle Creek's reply:

Thank you Jennie and Colin, we wish you to keep this beautiful day in your memories forever. Congratulations and good luck in family life!
    Marie M. Married on 10/18/2019

Amazing and great customer service!

Great place to host your next party with amazing picture perfect spots all throughout the grounds!
  • Anna
    Anna M. Married on 10/12/2019

The Perfect Location

We went with this venue as well as vendors from their recommended list of vendors. Everyone worked well together, and I had to do very little to ensure everything went well that night. I found myself moreso enjoying the night, rather than worrying about how everything was going. I am incredibly OCD, and Anna matches my level of OCD and ensures everything is done properly.

The Shores of Turtle Creek's reply:

Congratulations on your beautiful wedding! We loved the Game of Thrones theme and enjoyed the evening with your family and friends! We couldn't be happier to see how amazing the decorations and all of your detailed preparations turned out and made the day perfect! Wishing you many many years of happiness together!
    Tianna Married on 08/02/2019

Absolutely perfect!

Anna is one of the easiest people to work with! She knows so much about the industry! Her recommendations were spot on and every vendor went above and beyond the day of the wedding!!! I would recommend to everyone to get married here! You will not regret it! It could not have gone better! I’m sad it’s over!!!

The Shores of Turtle Creek's reply:

Congratulations Tianna and Nick! It was such an amazing day and we could not be happier for the two of you!
    Tyler Married on 07/27/2019

amazing venue and team

My wedding was held at the shores of turtle creek august of 2019 and it was PERFECT! We had the best day ever. The location is absolutely gorgeous and I received endless compliments from guests on the venue. The grounds are beautiful we took the most amazing pictures and the ceremony was breath taking. The staff was courteous and very professional. They met all the needs of my guests. Anna is amazing to work with! i could not have done this wedding without her. She is an expert at every aspect of the venue and knows how to make things run smoothly and ensure the day goes according to plan. From knowing where to set the head table to avoid glare for photos to the best spots for after ceremony pictures, she knew it all totally took control and made my day stress free and amazing, Thank you Anna and everyone else from the shores of turtle creek for making our wedding day so perfect!

The Shores of Turtle Creek's reply:

Thank you Tyler! We had such a blast with your friends and family. Wishing you and Matt an amazing future together! :-)
  • Kerri
    Kerri W. Married on 10/13/2018

Perfection

The shores of turtle creek provides an elegant yet laid back vibe. I cannot even tell you how many people told me how much they loved my wedding and how beautiful they thought the venue was. My wedding day was more than perfect because of Anna and the beautiful shores of turtle creek.

The Shores of Turtle Creek's reply:

Thank you so much Kerri! We loved having you and Devin here! Your family and friends were simply fabulous and we had the best time servicing your wedding!
    Kristine Married on 10/06/2018
    Loved it! Couldn't be happier with the way things went. <3

The Shores of Turtle Creek's reply:

Thank you Kristine, Tom and Rosie! It was a great day. Congratulations on your Beautiful Wedding!
    Al Eads Married on 09/29/2018

Turtle Creek was perfect!

We had our wedding at the end of Sept at The Shores of Turtle Creek! Such a beautiful venue. It was just the look we were searching for! The outdoor scenery was perfect for pictures! Anna was always getting back to our emails quickly! The entire process was very easy!
    The vendors she suggested were absolutely perfect as well!
    Our wedding day was everything we could have asked for and more!

The Shores of Turtle Creek's reply:

Hi Al, Thank you so much for your review! Once again, Congratulations on your Beautiful Wedding!
    I can't wait to see all of your photos!
    Jessica Married on 09/14/2018
    I don't even know where to begin, everything was absolutely perfect. Anna is amazing, she took care of everything and made our day so much easier for us to enjoy. The staff was great and very helpful and friendly as well!! I cannot say enough good things, everything was absolutely perfect and I could not have dreamed up a better venue!

Congratulations again Jessica!
    We loved your vision, creativity and how everything came together. Courtney did such a great job on the flower crown, and floral … and pictures turned out amazing!
    Alisa Married on 08/31/2018
    Anna and her staff were fabulous! Any and all questions were answered. She made the night go so well! Loved it!

The Shores of Turtle Creek's reply:

Congratulations on your Beautiful Wedding!
    Thank you for the amazing review Alisa! We appreciate your it very much!
    Patti Married on 08/12/2018
    We couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful place to get married. But the staff, Anna the owner, the bartenders the wait staff. This could not have gone any better. Listen to Anna. She will walk you through exactly what needs to be done and what you need to do in order to have your day go off without a hitch.

I already have people asking me if they only do weddings there. They would love the chance to go back.

The Shores of Turtle Creek's reply:

Thank you Patti we appreciate the review very much. It was such a beautiful day!
    Maggie Married on 08/04/2018
    Anna and her team were awesome from the first visit all the way through the wedding. I felt like family by the end. They cared as much about my wedding as they did if it was one of their own.
    Jessica Married on 07/14/2018
    This was more than what we expected! The coordinator completely knows her business and worked with us to find vendors that were reliable and cost effective! I would 100% recommend this venue to host an event! Our wedding day was everything we've ever wanted.

The Shores of Turtle Creek's reply:

Thank you Jessica! Your wedding was a blast, it was our pleasure to serve your family and friends! Congratulations on your beautiful day!
    Lauren Married on 06/15/2018
    We couldn't have asked for a better all around experience with The Shores of Turtle Creek. The service/professionalism, the planning process and the execution of our day was incredible. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful private event no matter what the occasion.
    Brittany Married on 05/27/2018
    I couldn’t have been happier to have had my wedding at Turtle Creek. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, and make you feel like you’re in the middle of no where (which we thoroughly enjoyed). Anna as great to work with, especially considering we didn’t live locally and were able to communicate via email a lot with quick responses. They had lots of resources available to use on site for decorations, and Anna allowed us the ease of bringing in all our decorations prior to our big day. She offered a lot of useful advice whenever we had questions. Anna helped tremendously bring to life our vision for our wedding and it was absolutely beautiful & perfect, highly recommend The Shores of Turtle Creek!
    Stephanie Married on 05/19/2018
    Everything about our wedding at The Shores of Turtle Creek (and leading up to our wedding) was absolutely perfect. From the moment we met with Anna, I knew she would be an amazing person to help coordinate the best day of our lives. She made everything super easy, gave amazing recommendations on other vendors (that we used and were so pleased with also) and put all my pre-wedding worries at ease. The venue was beautiful, the staff was friendly and made sure every detail of the night was perfect for us. I have not one negative thing to say. I would recommend this beautiful place to ANYONE planning a wedding. Also, you can't beat the scenery for photos on the beautiful grounds. Our photos and video have the BEST backdrop. I will remember this day at Turtle Creek and Anna for the rest of my life!

The Shores of Turtle Creek's reply:

Thank you Stephanie! We definitely love our jobs and our amazing couples. You were an awesome bride and it was a great pleasure working with you and Scott!
    Victoria Married on 04/13/2018
    We had a wonderful reception at The Shores of Turtle Creek. Everyone there is great to work with.
    Ana Married on 02/17/2018
    The wedding was beautiful enjoyed every minute of it, thank you for all your help and the venue looked amazing!!
    Danielle Married on 10/14/2017
    The Shores Of Turtle Creek is the #1 spot to have your wedding in Illinois! I was blown away with how amazing our wedding was! Annas response time to emails, attention to detail and hard work is something everyone should hope for from a venue owner. She was even working her butt off the night of our wedding! This is a beautiful rustic venue that sits on many acres and a huge back porch and fireplace in the middle of the room. Unfortunately it rained on our wedding day causing us to move our ceremony inside, but this may be the only venue where their plan B is just as amazing as their plan A! Their staff was also incredible and took care of everything the entire night! I could not be more happy with our choice to have our wedding at The Shores Of Turtle Creek!
    Jennifer Married on 10/14/2017
    This venue is the BEST location and service for a wedding! Anna was truly amazing and very helpful throughout the entire process. It can be so overwhelming, but she had an answer to all!! Lastly, is that during the wedding she made sure everything ran smoothy and it was truly the most magical wedding ever!
    Michelle Married on 09/23/2017
    I would highly recommend this venue. Anna from Turtle creek is super nice and very helpful.
    Victoria Married on 09/03/2017
    Loved it! I couldn’t have imagined having my wedding anywhere else! Anna was amazing to work with and sooooo helpful!! Definitely recommend to anyone!! Thank you Turtle Creek staff for being so awesome on our big day!!