The Sandbar Restaurant Reviews

The Sandbar Restaurant 3
The Sandbar Restaurant 4
The Sandbar Restaurant 5

Jessica Clayson · Married on 10/22/2018

The Best Wedding Ever!!!!

The Best Wedding Ever!!!!
    We cannot thank Molly and her team at The Sandbar enough. Our wedding was the most perfect day and was all we could have wished for and more.

Molly helped our vision come to life for our relaxed and beautiful day.

She was great at communication, even though we live in Australia it never felt like we were organising miles apart.

On the day everything went perfectly, all the staff went above and beyond to ensure we were happy.

A special thank you must go to the chef! The food was incredible!!! so tasty, fresh - totally delicious. All our guest were amazed with the quality and the amount!

If we could do it all over again we wouldn't have changed a thing!

Thanks again Molly & Team!!

• Nicole Taylor & Bradley Wood

Nicole · Married on 05/11/2018

From start to finish The Sandbar was a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 05/25/2018

The Sandbar Restaurant's reply:

Thank you Nicole, you were a pleasure to work with as well! Congratulations to you and Brad, please come back soon for a visit!!

sophie · Married on 03/29/2018

The Sandbar provided the most wonderful and beautiful setting for our wedding. The food and drink were delicious and all the guests commented and how good it was. The setting is gorgeous with the white sand and blue sea providing the best back drop to the ceremony and reception.
    The staff could not have been more accommodating - Molly, who we worked with throughout the process, was professional, enthusiastic, honest and accommodating...she made the whole planning process very easy. Jim, who managed the event on the day - was also so helpful, professional and efficient yet still personal.
    We would recommend this venue to anyone looking for an idyllic beach wedding.

Sent on 04/07/2018

The Sandbar Restaurant's reply:

Thank you so much for your glowing review Sophie! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and you and Ben are a wonderful couple. I look forward to seeing you both (as well as your parents!) again soon.

Kristen · Married on 12/23/2017

11 years later...we keep coming back to the Sandbar! We loved our Christmas eve ceremony on the beach...thank you for great memories!!!

Meghan · Married on 11/17/2017

We could not be happier with our wedding at the Sandbar! Molly was wonderful to work with!! She was so sweet, organized, and professional! There was a change in coordinators a few weeks before our wedding but Molly made it feel as though we had worked with her all along! The day of the wedding the Sandbar staff set everything up perfectly to the way we had discussed and made it very easy for me to focus on getting ready and other things that needed to be done. The food was excellent! So many people commented on how wonderful everything was. We ended up renting the office which worked out very nicely because I was able to wait there with my maid of honor and father prior to the ceremony so that no one would see me before. It also provided two bathrooms for our guests during the reception. All and all we love the Sandbar! We could not have asked for a better venue and it will always hold a special place in our hearts now!

Sent on 12/05/2017

The Sandbar Restaurant's reply:

Meghan, thank you so much for the glowing review! I had a wonderful time helping you plan such a beautiful wedding. Best of luck to you and Patrick, please stop in for a visit the next time you are on the Island!

Cara · Married on 09/18/2017

My husband and I got married at the Sandbar, and we could not have been happier. We chose to have our reception in The Studio, and the whole thing was beautiful. We were planning amidst a hurricane, and Christine and Luis were wonderful in keeping us updated and making sure we had a backup plan if needed (which we didn't). Even with a switch of coordinators during my planning process, our questions were always answered quickly and they had an answer to all of them. The team at The Sandbar was great, they made planning a breeze, and made sure our wedding day was perfect. If you want a relaxed planning process and a beautiful wedding with food your guests will rave about, checkout The Sandbar!

Glendalis · Married on 07/07/2017

Awesome day of service! The wedding coordinators are on top of the logistics of service provided by them and assist in coordinating day of with vendors at your event. They ensure seemless flow of your day. The location of ceremony is beautifully breath taking and the food got many compliments. Overall I am greatful for the work put into my wedding.

• fsumissa

Marissa · Married on 03/10/2017

Patti was great. She was very responsive to my many emails and gave great advice when I needed it. Everyone loved the food and the setting was absolutely perfect!

They did an amazing job with the dinner and the wedding coordinator did everything we asked and finished their setup in time for the perfect sunset wedding. The pricing was great. Call a week or two ahead of time to finalize your decoration preferences. We did the wedding on November 28th which was a Monday. That made it easy to get enough seating at the restaurant after the ceremony to have dinner with the family. The food and service was beyond what we could have expected for our laid back fun wedding.

Stephanie · Married on 11/13/2016

This is the one and only place to consider for getting married on the beach! The Sandbar is by far your best choice! Our ceremony was right on the beach as well as the reception which was on the beach under an open pavilion. Patti is wonderful and quick to respond to you with any questions/concerns you may have. My husband and I just recently married there on 11-13-16. It was absolutely stunning. The service was great, the food was great, the sunset was UNBELIEVABLE!!! My wedding was a destination wedding, I live in the Boston area. We had 60 people attend both friends and family. Having a destination wedding on Anna Maria Island at the Sandbar is perfect because there is just so much to do on the Island. My new favorite part of Florida now, cant wait to go back for our one year anniversary and have dinner at the Sandbar.

Becky · Married on 10/15/2016

If you are looking for a beach venue for your wedding look no further. The Sandbar on Anna Maria Island, FL, is the most ideal location.....beautiful beaches and amazing sunsets. Patti, the wedding planner, is wonderful to work with - so accommodating with every wedding detail. The food was simply delicious.

We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding venue!

Cat · Married on 10/09/2016

The sandbar was the absolute perfect wedding venue for us everything went so smoothly & the food was delicious. Patti the Cordinator was incredible to work with and kept everything running so smoothly. Very fast to respond any time I had a question and just made it a perfect day. I would highly recommend The Sandbar for your ceremony and reception!!

Emma · Married on 06/01/2016

We planned it all from the UK and Patti was a dream to work with, I left everything in her court to do with venue dressing and it looked beautiful when I turned up on the day, exactly what I wanted! She was very responsive on email and easy to work with! The food was amazing, all our guests commented!

Paresa · Married on 04/08/2016

The venue was beautiful! The staff set up quickly and we're professional and helpful throughout the evening. Patti was a pleasure to work with and put me at ease by answering all questions and responding quickly to me as I planned from out of town. I highly recommend the sandbar for your wedding!

Melissa · Married on 03/24/2016

Gorgeous venue, amazing staff, awesome food. Everyone was extremely professional. Patti was a dream to work with. I could not have done this without her. She is an amazing assett to the team. Very responsive, never acted as though my questions were stupid or irrelevant. I love The Sandbar and I love Patti! Thank you for making our day perfect!

Shauna · Married on 01/02/2016

We had an absolutely amazing experience here. We had our wedding on the beach and reception under the pavilion. Everyone was extremely helpful and accommodating. I was nervous trying to plan a destination wedding but the planners made it simple. The first time round we had to reschedule 5 days before the wedding as my fiance had gotten into a car accident. They were understanding and worked with us to pick a new date and even sent him a plant while he was in the hospital. It was an an amazing experience and I could not have asked for such amazing staff. They literally went above and beyond making sure that our day was spectacular!

Sent on 12/05/2017
    The Sandbar Restaurant 6
    The Sandbar Restaurant 7

The Sandbar Restaurant's reply:

Shauna, you were a wonderful bride to work with and we appreciate your review! Please stop in for a visit when you are in town, we would love to see you again. Best of luck to you and Cliff!
  • Jinny

Jinny · Married on 11/08/2015

The Sandbar was the perfect location for us. We wanted relaxed and fun and that's exactly what they delivered. We met with Patti on our first visit and she remained available to us for the next 9 months. She responded quickly to every little email I sent. We had a large wedding for the venue but everything turned out great. They had the venue ready early on the morning of the wedding so we had extra time to set up. Patti did a great job running our event also. It started to sprinkle right as the wedding was supposed to start so they had prepared for rain off and on for the last 30 mins leading up to the ceremony. Everything turned out PERFECT! It was more than we had hoped for.

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/24/2015

The staff was professional, courteous, and provided outstanding customer service. The venue was top notch and made the wedding the best we have ever experienced. We enjoyed the 20% military discountg on the venue, and the staff fed the bride, groom, DJ and Photographer for free. The food was outstanding! We were upgraded to Grouper over Mahi Mahi at no charge. The BBQ Shrimp appetizer was a crowd favorite. The Prime Rib and Chicken Marsala was delicious. The chocolate fountain with fruit tree was very nice, but we ran out of fruit quickly.

Holly · Married on 10/16/2015

When we started wedding planning, a friend suggested we check out The Sandbar. I love Anna Maria, and I emailed Patti (their event coordinator) and asked about their weddings. She promptly got back in touch with me, and we set up an appointment to discuss things. We had never eaten their, so we decided to go down a little early and have lunch prior to our appointment with Patti. The view from the restaurant, and then the food, convinced us that we'd found our venue. When we met with her, she was very open and accommodating to our ideas, and basically said "Whatever you want, we'll do what we can to make your dream wedding a reality." Patti was a true Godsend. I emailed her multiple times, and she always responded promptly-- making suggestions, helping with vendors, etc..
    When we went for the tasting, the food was amazing. My then-fiancee had asked if we could have their shrimp and grits as an appetizer, and of course, she said "absolutely." They brought out plate after plate of food for us to try.
    Our reception was amazing... they had the pavilion beautifully decorated, and everything went above my expectations. Again, Patti was like my fairy godmother, saying "this is going to be amazing" when I was worried that the overcast skies would prevent the sunset photos I'd been hoping for. Many guests came up and told me that they'd love to get married at the Sandbar, or wish they had known of it when they were getting married.
    Patti and everyone we dealt with at the Sandbar demonstrated nothing but professionalism, and a true desire to make our day unbelievably special.

Kirsti · Married on 07/17/2015

The Sandbar was the perfect location for our beautiful beach wedding! We were unfamiliar with the island and the area, but we were lucky enough to have gotten a wonderful recommendation from a family friend who also had a wedding there. Throughout the entire planning process, Patti, the event coordinator, was incredibly helpful and accommodating. Any little questions that I had, she was more than happy to answer and very quick to respond. When we made the trip from Indiana to Anna Maria Island to meet with our vendors, the chef and Patti were both very receptive to our vision and preferences. The staff went above and beyond for our food tasting and provided many options for us. All were delicious and it was very hard to make a decision. When meeting with Patti, I was able to show her all of my pins from Pinterest and she had all of the decorations that I could ever want there, in house. She even had options that I hadn't even thought about! They definitely know how to create a beautiful beach wedding and make the bridal party and families feel special.

Jenna · Married on 05/22/2015

Patti was great she helped with all my crazy questions and made sure everything was perfect on our big day the sandbar is a great place to say I do... It was beautiful romantic and laid back excaxtly what we were looking for... The food was amazing! Everyone is still raving!

The Sandbar's team and especially Patti did an amazing job!!! Everything went perfect and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding day! I would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a beach wedding at the best location in Florida.

Susan · Married on 03/27/2015

These people were so amazing g to work with!! Everything was beautiful and easy and they took such wonderful care of my husband and I!! We can't wait to spend every anniversary here

Todd · Married on 01/24/2015

We had our Wedding and Reception at the Sandbar Restaurant on 1/24/15. If there was only one word to describe the entire day it would be "PERFECTION". We only took 2 months to plan the entire wedding and selecting the Sandbar for not only the beautiful location but for the services that they provided made our lives so much easier. Working with Patti at the Sandbar was such a pleasure. She was able to accommodate all of our requests and even offer some great ideas. She also did a great job coordinating with the other vendors that we had hired to capture "Our Special Day", the florist as well as the live entertainment. We felt very comfortable with working with Patti that when we found out that she could also perform the ceremony we hired her for that as well.

During the entire day everyone had such an outstanding time that we still get phone calls telling us how amazing it was for them to experience. We are still in awe with how the staff at the Sandbar worked together to pull off such an amazing day for us. From the Ceremony setup and the Reception decor to the phenomenal food, every detail was perfect. How they worked with the DJ to keep everything running so smoothly was exceptional. We were so concerned that we would be so stressed dealing with all the different vendors that we would not truly enjoy the day with each other and our family. Thanks to the Sandbar staff those concerns were never an issue. Even when I forgot the vase for the very important sand ceremony, Patti again came to the rescue and was able to provide us with something that she was able to find that worked perfectly.

We cannot not thank the staff at the Sandbar, Coordinated by Patti, enough for the outstanding job that they did for us.

Thanks Again,