The Sanctuary Golf Club Reviews

14 | Sanibel, FL

14 Reviews for The Sanctuary Golf Club

Ellen · Married on 03/25/2017

My husband and I had our cocktail hour, reception and after party at The Sanctuary in late March of this year. Tim was wonderful to work with - he was incredibly responsive, listened and trouble-shooted with my family and I when questions arose and was genuinely fun to collaborate with! The Sanctuary was recently renovated and was the perfect backdrop for our reception. All of the staff was friendly and responsive to our energetic guests and they ensured that every detail was cared for - even down to a golf cart getaway car that brought my husband and I to the after party. Can't say enough wonderful things about the space, delicious food, and excellent service - highly recommend using!

The Sanctuary is a beautiful place for a wedding reception and the food was fabulous. Tim Gaccione was so great to work with as well. He was always very quick to respond and accomadating with our requests. We couldn't have been more pleased with out reception location!

Had a beautiful wedding at The Sanctuary. Worked with Tim, who is great! Very accommodating, helpful and all around great to work with. Highly recommend!

Marty · Married on 11/07/2015

The value in comparison to other venues on Sanibel is top notch. Tim is amazing to work with. By the end of the evening I felt that he could of been a wedding guest. It's great to see a planner that cares as much as Tim. The food was incredible, and the dance floor is really big as all 150 guests danced on it at the same time. The environment is beautiful, and so tranquil and peaceful. You would be a fool to pass up this venue.

Sarah · Married on 10/24/2015

We recently had our ceremony and wedding at The Sanctuary Golf Club and due to Tim Gaccione and other wonderful staff at the Sanctuary, the day was absolutely PERFECT! The wedding was attended by approximately 120 guests, and everyone was blown away by the attention to detail in all aspects of the evening. This was all due to the hard work that was put forth by the wonderful staff. My husband and I put our 100% faith into the staff at the club, and they were more than willing to accommodate any of our requests. Tim was just an absolute pleasure to work with, and the space itself is so beautiful that we were so happy to have the opportunity to be married here!

We started our wedding weekend with a lovely bridesmaids luncheon on Friday that TIm and his wonderful chef prepared something a little different for the ladies and I. It was absolutely lovely! From the luncheon to our simple rehearsal, Tim's poise and professionalism could not be topped. Any request we asked of him he met with a simple "Absolutely!"

On wedding day the ladies were able to get ready at the club and we had such a great, relaxing day preparing for the big day. I never once felt that things were not going to be completed because I knew Tim would take care of it. He is an absolutely amazing person, and he will handle all of your needs even before you even realize that you need them to be handled.

When the staff was to flip our ceremony space for cocktail hour I have NEVER before seen a staff flip a space so quickly and effortlessly. Our guests truly had no idea that something was happening around them in order for them to have seating and stations set up for them. Again, the staff is top notch!

Did I mention how amazing the food was??? Oh my gosh, wedding guests are still talking about how wonderful the food was at our wedding. We had multiple passed appetizers and a raw bar. Our dinner menu was absolutely top notch! Filet and lobster that was fork tender!

Shelby · Married on 10/17/2015

My husband and I got married at the Sanctuary Golf Club on 10/17/2015; the wedding was attended by approximately 130 guests. I can not say enough wonderful things about the Sanctuary and its amazing event staff, led by Tim Gaccione. First off, the venue itself is beautiful - both in the ballroom, where our reception was held, and on the back patio, where our ceremony and cocktail hour were held. No need to "dress it up" in any way - the scenery and setting speak for themselves.

More importantly, Tim is extremely attentive to detail and made the whole process a breeze. We traveled to Sanibel several times during our 14 month engagement and Tim was always available to meet with us for planning, tasting, tours, coordination, etc. Throughout and on the day of, Tim was very accommodating to our requests and very easy to work with - which made planning a wedding from afar a breeze. Tim also worked closely with our wedding planner / day-of-coordinator, Alicia Wenturine of Alicia Ann Events, and all of our vendors.

Also I can't forget to mention the passed appetizers and dinner - delicious! Compliments to the chef!

In my (admittedly biased) opinion, the Sanctuary is by far the best choice for ceremony/reception venue on Sanibel/Captiva. THANK YOU AGAIN to Tim and staff for helping to make our wedding day the best day ever!

Jill · Married on 12/20/2014

My husband and I just had our wedding at this gorgeous venue on December 20, 2014. Our day was absolutely perfect! We worked very closely with Tim who was amazing. He always responded quickly to my emails or phone calls. Tim was also incredibly flexible, we needed to make several changes and he was always professional and accommodating. The beauty of the venue speaks for itself, the landscaping is always perfectly manicured and the building is spectacular all the way down to the cleanliness of all facilities. The staff who worked at our wedding were very polite and responsive. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone interested in getting married on this beautiful and serene island :)

Erika · Married on 10/25/2014

My husband and I got married at The Sanctuary Golf Club on October 25, 2014. Our event was more beautiful than we could have ever imagined thank s to Tim Gaccione, BJ and the rest of The Sanctuary staff. Tim was extremely organized, responsive, accommodating and helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process.Tim took care of us and made sure every detail was attended to with professionalism and timeliness. Tim went out of his way to ensure that my vision became a reality. Tim and his staff were more than willing to accommodate our wants and needs, and went out of their way to make us feel special. Tim continually checked in with us throughout the evening to make sure our reception ran smoothly and stress free. Tim and his staff take pride in everything they do. The food and service were absolutely amazing and exceeded our expectations. Our wedding will be the talk of our friends and family for years to come. I would recommend The Sanctuary Golf Club without hesitation to anyone who wants to have the wedding of their dreams! My husband and I honestly cannot put into words how happy and thankful we are to Tim and The Sanctuary staff!!

Kristy · event on: 10/26/2013

The Sanctuary was outstanding! It was perfect in every way. Jeff Brown is amazing!

Jon · Married on 10/12/2012

The Sanctuary is the perfect place to have your wedding whether it is a destination or not. Everything about The Sanctuary is exceptional from the staff, room size, food, and customer service. They really made our day special and one we will never forget. We couldn't ask for more as they exceeded our expectations.

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/26/2011

This place is such a gem and we were really lucky to have found it for our reception. The space and setting are gorgeous, with nice, high ceilings and a large dance floor and beautiful furnishings. I could not have been happier with how our wedding reception turned out. They went out of their way to set things up the way we wanted, the service was exceptional and the waiters were so attentive. Best of all, since we never got to do a tasting having planned everything long-distance, the food was delicious; I mean ridiculously good (several people even noted to me afterward, since we chose steak & lobster for the entrée – that both were perfectly cooked, which is hard to do with such a large crowd). I really can’t rave enough about the club and its staff (their event coordinator, chef, etc.) – the entire experience was perfection.

The food service flow wasn't as good as we had hoped. Several plates did not have sauce. Disturbing when the presentation was so good....

• Kyndra

Kyndra · Married on 11/10/2012

3.0

The Sanctuary was the perfect setting for our nautical themed wedding! We were married on the 4th hole of the golf course and had our cocktail hour on the back patio of the country club and had our reception inside. It was a beautiful day and I couldn't have imagined it going any better! Thank you everyone at the Sanctuary for all your help in making our special day amazing!

Naomi · Married on 05/02/2016

3.5

Elegance and professionalism abound at the Sanctuary. Tim and his staff guided us through all of the steps that one usually has a year to organize in three months. The Newlyweds just celebrated their one year anniversary, and all of the memories of the wedding are happy ones.