The Rusty Pelican Reviews

The Rusty Pelican 5
The Rusty Pelican 6
The Rusty Pelican 7

Brooke · Married on 06/01/2013

If you have your mind set on a wedding on the water, like I did, The Rusty Pelican is the PERFECT place. It is soooo beautiful and a great value. Every staff member is professional and beyond friendly. The sales managers are great and make sure you have everything in order for your wedding; they are like your own wedding planner. The food is great! Pricing is great! Customer service is great! There is not one bad thing I can tell you about the Rusty Pelican. I am so happy I chose to have my wedding there. It was truly a gorgeous experience.

Sent on 06/27/2013

Kelly · Married on 05/31/2013

Our wedding at The Rusty Pelican was truly more beautiful than I could have imagined. The outdoor ceremony was perfect and our reception in the Pelican Room was amazing. The people at Rusty Pelican do everything in their power to make things run smoothly. Sarah was my coordinator and always responded to my emails and phone calls right away, as well as did a great job of calming my fears about rain during my ceremony (it cleared up right before thankfully). I couldn't imagine having my wedding anywhere else as the location is beautiful, the staff is great, and the food is excellent. Couldn't be happier.

Sent on 06/05/2013

We worked with Don at the Rusty Pelican and he was amazing! Very professional and courteous!! This place was so wonderful!! Everyone who worked here were so nice and went out of there way to help us. My husband and I are so EXCITED that we had found and chosen this pace for our wedding!!! Everything went so smooth and the facility took care of everything!! (SUCH A RELIEF!) This place is every brides dream!!!

Sent on 05/23/2013

Sandra · Married on 05/10/2013

I cannot say enough great things about The Rusty Pelican in Tampa, FL! They did an absolute amazing job. We had both our ceremony and reception there. Sarah was our coordinator and she was VERY easy to talk to and very easy to get in touch with...for all those last minute questions/details! We had so many compliments about how wonderful and organized our wedding was and we have Sarah and The Rusty Pelican staff to thank for that! It is truly a beautiful location.

Sent on 06/18/2013

Rebecca · Married on 04/13/2013

The Rusty Pelican was beautiful. The view in the room is breathtaking. This venue gave me everything I wanted for my wedding and the staff was great to work with. They are very organized and make wedding planning very easy. The Rusty Pelican has a great open house to pick vendors off their preferred list. I cannot imagine getting married anywhere else.

Sent on 05/19/2013

Erin · Married on 03/16/2013

The Rusty Pelican was the venue for my reception. The food is amazing and the exclusive packages are fantastic. You get a lot included in your package selection which makes planning so much easier. Don and his team catered to everything, it was an amazing reception.

Sent on 04/27/2013
  • I

Ivelise · Married on 03/15/2013

The Rusty Pelican is actually where me and my husband love to go for celebrations - birthday, anniversaries and other special dates. We didn't even know it was a wedding venue as well until we saw a bride there on one of our visits. Once we started the planning process, it was his first suggestion. I went and met with Don and instantly decided we had to get married there. You can't beat the ceremony site. It's the best way to do waterfront without having to be in the sand. Our reception was in the Grand Ballroom and that room doesn't need much to be beautiful. Don was our coordinator and I really appreciated how easy he made the planning process. If you follow his list, then nothing can go wrong. I'm so thankful for his guidance and reassuring words as I got out of the limo. Exactly what a nervous/anxious bride needed. After the ceremony, we were transitioned to Norma, the banquet managers service and she absolutely wonderful. She took care of us the entire night and was so attentive to every need. Everyone who worked there was so nice and great to work with, but Norma was truly a gem. The food was delicious and the bar service was great. We are so happy we have another Rusty Pelican memory and look forward to going back for the next special occasion.

Sent on 04/14/2013

Gayle · Married on 03/02/2013

Fabulous, flawless, spectacular...just a few of the words to describe our experience with Sarah and her entire staff at the Rusty Pelican! The food, the attention to detail, the courteous service, we had it all and more! The room looked stunning and we could not be more pleased with our entire experience from beginning to end! Thank you for making our daughters wedding day even more special!

Sent on 03/11/2013

Ashleyrae · Married on 02/23/2013

My husband and I loved getting married at the Rusty Pelican! It is THE place to get married if you want an outdoor ceremony, indoor reception and the least amount of planning stress as possible!! It is amazing how much stuff they do for you and Don, who we worked with, is a true professional and knows exactly how to keep his vendors and his brides on schedule! I never had much of anything to worry about, in fact I would email him periodically and ask if I should be doing anything, but he just reassures you that everything is being handled. The venue itself is beautiful and I can't wait to see our pictures!! Overall, you will not be disappointed by choosing the Rusty Pelican. The food is delicious, the service is excellent and the view is amazing!!

Sent on 03/13/2013

Stephanie · Married on 02/09/2013

Couldn't speak more highly of this venue that we chose for our wedding.

We had the grand ballroom and he view alone made our wedding memorable. The room is gorgeous. The food was fantastic, and it was fun to do our taste testing! The Jack Daniels Chicken is an awesome option to serve, so tasty!

I would also highly recommend Sarah as your wedding coordinator. She is experienced, super helpful and is always available to offer advice when you need it. She was my life saver!

A huge thank you to the Rusty Pelican for providing us with a fantastic venue for our big day!
    Stephanie and Nick

Sent on 07/23/2013

Jennifer · Married on 12/29/2012

Words can not describe how fantastic The Rusty Pelican is for a wedding venue!! It is such a great venue..pretty private, amazing food, super friendly staff, and omg the VIEWS!!!!!!! You won't regret choosing this place for your venue, I promise!!!!!
    We worked with Sarah and she was just awesome. So easy to talk to and so helpful from start to finish! She truly made this experience so great for us. Planning a wedding can be stressful and overwhelming. Between Sarah and The Rusty Pelican you are honestly in such good hands. We used all of the preferred vendors which helped make things even smoother and I couldn't be happier I did! I highly recommend The Rusty Pelican!!

Sent on 01/16/2013

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2012

The coordinators are there for you at every moment, are very helpful- and listen to your wishes. The venue is beauty in itself- so you can either go all out - or just do simple- and no matter what- it will be stunning! They're super flexible and their deadlines and information reasonable. Food is GREAT- service amazing and I would do my wedding all over there again! Please consider the option of doing your ceremony there- its easy, beautiful (they time it with the sunset!- we even had dolphins jumping durning the ceremony!) and very convenient. I can't say enough praise about this place!! They made me feel like a princess!

Sent on 11/16/2012

My guests could not believe how delicious the food was! I keep getting complements on it! The wait-staff is excellent and very professional.
    Plenty of food and satisfied guests!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Ashley · Married on 10/26/2012

The Rusty Pelican truly cannot be matched. It is truly a stress free process and so easy. There list of recommended vendors made my day run so well and they were all fantastic. Sarah made met feel at ease even when I emailed her five times a day! The food is 5 star worthy, I still have guests raving about how good the filet and grouper were. Some of our guests even said it was the best filet they ever had! Our entire ceremony and reception went off without a hitch! Our signature cocktail was amazing and included in the price of our event. Countless guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for fantastic views and a wonderful experience!

Sent on 11/11/2012

Chelsea · Married on 10/13/2012

This place will give you a fairytale wedding. We had our ceremony and our reception (The Grand Ballroom) here. Our coordinator Sarah was the best! She made everything so easy. I knew I was in good hands and would be kept on track with her. The Rusty Pelican and all of their staff are simply amazing. The food is incredible as well. I received compliments all night about how beautiful the view was from the ballroom and how gorgeous the ceremony was. After the ceremony, Sarah swept us away with champagne and some food to snack on. It was nice having that moment with my new husband and the chance to take everything in. Once the reception began, Sarah slipped away and we were taken care of by Norma. She was there the whole night and was amazing. I did not lift a finger the entire night. I was able to enjoy the whole night without a single worry. Great venue and staff!!! :)

Sent on 11/28/2012

We worked with Don at the Rusty Pelican and he is FABULOUS!! I never once worried about the execution of our day because I was confident that Don had everything under control. He keeps you on track every step of the way. The service is absolutely, hands down phenomenal! They took great care of us all night!! The food is top notch and you cannot beat the location, the views, the rooms. Everything went as planned and turned out beautifully.

The only difficulty we encountered was a big puddle of water on the sidewalk (where I was supposed to walk down the aisle to the gazebo). It was difficult to walk in the grass around it to avoid getting my dress soaking wet.

Sent on 10/26/2012

Beverly · Married on 09/23/2012

We were 100% satisfied with our wedding day at the Rusty Pelican. I would recommend them to friends and family for any event. The views are breathtaking and the venue itself is beautiful inside and out. The service we received from the staff on our wedding day made our timeline move smoothly and we did not want for anything. Our private moment was one of the highlights of the chaos of our big day. Don and his staff were very helpful with any and all questions. We definitely got our moneys worth!

Sent on 06/26/2013
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/15/2012

I can't say enough about how happy my husband and I are that we chose to have our wedding reception at the Rusty Pelican. The location can't be beat with the floor to ceiling bay windows with water views, beautiful rooms and a stunning fireplace entryway. We worked with Don from start to finish in the planning process and he was excellent. I was a little apprehensive about even visiting here based on reviews I'd read about him but I have nothing but wonderful things to say about him and the level of service he provided. He is impeccably organized which worked well for me because I am as well. He was very accommodating and extremely responsive in answering my questions throughout the planning.

As for the day of....AMAZING! After pictures, Don led us inside for a private moment to see the Grand Ballroom all set up before any guests, so we could take it all in and see how it had all come together. It was stunning. Then he led us to a separate room to enjoy a private 10 mins together with appetizers and cocktails. Then the reception began and the remainder of the evening was flawless. Another woman took care of evening from start to finish and catered to our every need, before we even knew we needed anything! Even from little details such as rushing to our side after the cake cutting to provide us with warm towels to wipe the cake from our faces. At one point I went to the bar with a friend and they didn't have the beer I had requested so I opted for more champagne instead...no biggie...but not 5 mins later, a server had found me and handed me the beer I had requested earlier. That is 5-star service and did not go unnoticed.

As for the food..again AMAZING! we still have guests telling us how good their meals were and was the best wedding meal they had ever had!

I have to give Rusty Pelican the highest rating possible because I honestly have no complaints! I definitely recommend at least visiting here in your venue search...it's unbeatable.

Sent on 09/22/2012

Don Valente handled our wedding at the Rusty Pelican and he could not have done a better job. He responds to e-mails almost immediately. Our day went so smoothly and everything was perfect. He is such a good manager you don't even notice him there the day of. I got so many compliments on the food. We had the chicken and petite filet and the grouper. My food was excellent and perfectly cooked. Some told me it was the best food they ever had at a wedding. The scenery there is beautiful and I can't wait to see my professional photos. The vendors they recommend are excellent as well.

Sent on 08/20/2012
  • F

Sarah · Married on 07/06/2012

My HUSBAND and I had our reception here on July 6th. Sarah helped with the planning process and made my wedding planning so easy. The day of the wedding ran smoothly and beautifully. I must have emailed 1,000 times with questions and Sarah always responded immediately. People are still raving about how good the food was and what an awesome time they had the reception!! My husband and I had such a great time we wish we could do it all over again!!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Megan · Married on 07/01/2012

The Rusty Pelican was the perfect venue for our July wedding! The view in the Grand Ballroom is a beautiful and romantic backdrop. Sarah and all others worked together to make the weeks, days, and hours leading up to the wedding run smoothly. She went above and beyond to help make sure everything was perfect! My husband and I had such a wonderful time and can not stop talking about how much we loved our special day! The food was very good and many guests complimented what a wonderful time they had. Even when there were a few bumps in the road due to Tropical Storm Debbie the week before, everyone at the Rusty Pelican made sure to pull off a beautiful ceremony and reception. Thank you to everyone involved!

Sent on 08/09/2012
  • X

Kate · Married on 06/23/2012

Wow!! The Rusty Pelican was AMAZING!! Don did a fantastic job coordinating our wedding. We had a few unique touches and he pulled them off beautifully. He also helped us negotiate a vendor issue so that it was solved quickly. On the day of the wedding both Don and Sarah were FABULOUS!! They made sure we had plenty to eat and were in the right spot at the right time. Our event was moved indoors due to rain and everything worked out so smoothly. It was hard to even tell we were indoors with the great view of the water. What a fabulous location! I wish I could do it all over again. I HIGHLY recommend the Rusty Pelican and Don (and Sarah, although I only met her the night of the wedding) for an amazing wedding!!!

Sent on 07/15/2012

Amanda · Married on 05/18/2012

Don was our wedding planner at the Rusty Pelican. He was absolutely amazing to work with. Everything I ever dreamed of came true that night. The servers and wait staff were wonderful, Carlos and Al were awesome. My guest loved them both. They both took care of everything. Everything from begin to end was perfect. Nothing went wrong. Plenty of food for dinner. Cocktail hour was amazing I was told. I would highly recommend the Rusty Pelican for a wedding. Don and Sarah are both wonderful to work with.

Sent on 06/05/2012

Jennifer · Married on 04/15/2012

Absolutely stunning!! Exceptional service and delishes food. staff was organized and attentive!I had no worries on my wedding day !!!

Sent on 04/24/2012
  • Justine

Justine · Married on 03/24/2012

Sarah was our coordinator for the entire planning process. She answered all of my questions and had everything perfect and stress-free for me on our actual wedding day. I loved that after the ceremony I was able to hide out in the sales office with my new hubby and enjoy some beer and our appetizers before facing the crowd again. Everything was beautiful, all the guests had a blast, and our bartender who made our specialty wedding shot (inappropriately named by our inappropriate friends) did a great job. I enjoyed every second of it and never wanted it to end. The rusty Pelican was a BEAUTIFUL venue and they made all of the planning process completely stress free. I already know we'll be going back for our one year anniversary dinner! Thank you to Sarah and our dinner captain for EVERYTHING!

Sent on 03/26/2012