The Rusty Pelican Reviews

The Rusty Pelican 6
The Rusty Pelican 7

Matt Fishman · Married on 07/06/2019

Worth every penny

The Rusty Pelican was one of the first locations my now wife and I toured and we instantly fell in love. The location sets it right on the water and our wedding was right around sunset. The view was absolutely magnificent. From the start, the Rusty Pelican event staff makes you feel comfortable and assured that your wedding will go off without a hitch. Our event coordinator was Don Valente and we cannot thank him enough for all that he did. Don took care of everything. He made sure we had our vendors lined up, he organized the room to ensure the best flow of traffic, and made sure everything was set up perfectly the day of the wedding. If you choose this location, know that you will not need a day of coordinator. They do an excellent job of making sure everything is in place to make your day perfect. This location is not cheap...but my wife and I can honestly say that every single dollar spent was 100% worth it. The food was AMAZING, but the staff was even better. Our dinner coordinator was Norma and she was absolutely outstanding. One nice thing about using this location was their understanding of the craziness of the day. They make sure that the bride and groom have a small separate moment to enjoy a small meal before everyone else eats dinner. Norma made sure we had champagne and some food and her staff was incredible when it came to tending to tables or helping our guests. Thank you so much to all of the staff at the rusty pelican for making our day so incredibly special.

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Mari

Mari · Married on 06/08/2019

Wedding venue....PERFECT!

We couldn’t have asked for anything to go more smoothly!!!! This venue not only had the best view, but from start to finish was an easy process!!! We couldn’t have asked for a better venue for a perfect day!!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 05/18/2019

Incredible Venue and Service!

We looked at 20+ venues in Tampa and did a lot of research before deciding to use The Rusty Pelican as our reception venue. It was a great decision!! Rusty Pelican not only has amazing spaces with spectacular views, it also has great service and delicious food! There are so many perks to the package, including an event coordinator and banquet manager (we worked with Don and Norma who were both great - so professional and responsive), that create even more value on top of the views and food. Additional pros of using Rusty Pelican are that all the food is made in house at the restaurant (instead of catered) and it includes a lot of the stuff you would have to rent otherwise (like tables, chairs, linens, etc.). So we had minimal other contracts and coordination with other vendors which was so helpful in the already stressful planning process. I would highly recommend Rusty Pelican as your venue!

Sent on 05/25/2019

Courtney · Married on 04/19/2019

Excellent All Around

We are so happy we chose this beautiful venue! They are so organized and detail-oriented. I was looking forward to having my ceremony outside, but unfortunately the rain ruined that plan. Don (Catering Sales Manager) let me make the decision on my own without any pressure and the inside option in the Grand Ballroom ended up being equally gorgeous. He provides expert advice while allowing freedom to make your own decisions during the whole process. I also had my reception in the same room, which they transitioned quickly. The service day of was impeccable, thanks to Norma! We got a private room after photos to have a sip of champagne and some cheese/fruit/hors d’oeuvres and recharge for a minute before the reception. The flow of the entire night was perfect and I was able to relax and have the best time. The only negative was that the beef was overdone. Everything else was delicious. Highly recommended.

Sent on 04/26/2019
  • Nichol

Nichol · Married on 03/16/2019

Beautiful Venue

The Rusty Pelican offers beautiful indoor and outdoor ceremony spaces and indoor reception. Not many places I visited on my search for a venue offered a beautiful indoor and outdoor ceremony space. It was important to me to find a place that offered both just in case it rained on the day. My coordinator Don was amazing! He is very detailed, organized, and helpful - truly made my wedding planning a breeze. The staff on the day of the wedding were amazing too. They were all polite and professional. I highly recommend this venue! You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 05/25/2019
    The Rusty Pelican 8
    The Rusty Pelican 9
    The Rusty Pelican 10
    The Rusty Pelican 11

Moriah · Married on 03/09/2019

Wonderful, perfect place to get married!

Getting married at the Rusty Pelican was by far the best decision we could have made! Don Valente is absolutely amazing at what he does. He is super responsive and extremely detail-oriented, and he truly made us feel at ease throughout the whole process. We originally wanted to have our wedding outside at the gazebo, but when we saw the weather report and learned how hot it would be, Don assured us that it would be no problem to move the ceremony inside. And let me tell you...the ceremony was more gorgeous than we could have ever imagined! It was just beautiful. After the ceremony and photos, we were introduced to our catering manager for the night, Norma. She was fantastic and handled the rest of the details for the entire night. We were taken to a private room before the reception, where Norma served us glasses of champagne and brought us some food from our cocktail hour. She even wore a flower in her hair that matched the flowers in our decor, which I thought was just a lovely touch. Bottom line: If you want to relax on your wedding day and have everything handled for you with grace and style, book at the Rusty!

Sent on 04/10/2019
  • May

MAYLINN L AVILES · Married on 02/22/2019

Amazing Venue! Amazing location! Amazing Staff!

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at the Rusty Pelican on 2/22/2019. Don Valente and his team were incredible. Our special day was one we'll never forget. Our guests are still sending us their wonderful comments on the event. Again thank you all at Rusty Pelican! Would highly recommend this venue for your special occasion.

Sent on 02/26/2019
    The Rusty Pelican 17
  • Kyle

Kyle · Married on 11/04/2018

Amazing, amazing, amazing!

This venue was absolutely amazing. Not only are the views stunning, but Don handled everything from the timing to the placement and guided us through the process. With everything from the linens to the alcohol included, it took so much of the pressure off of us when it came to planning, which was a huge help as neither of us had planned a wedding or an event of this size before! Everyone said how amazing it was and I have absolutely no regrets.

Sent on 11/15/2018

The Rusty Pelican's reply:

Hello Kyle!

Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback and CONGRATULATIONS to you!! We were thrilled to have been a part of your special day and hope you'll be back to visit us again very soon!

Best,
    Beth Hudson
    Catering Sales Manager

Brittany · Married on 10/26/2018

Don is amazing!

From being to the end the Rusty Pelican and Don my coordinator was amazing! Don was easy to work with and made sure my wedding was perfect! Everyone raves about the food and open bar along with how smooth everything ran. I can’t thank him and the staff ( bartenders, the captain of the room and all the waitstaff) enough for a perfect day! My husband and I even had a caption of the room to make sure we had fun and everything we needed! I don’t think we could of asked for a better venue.

Sent on 11/08/2018

The Rusty Pelican's reply:

Hello Brittany,

Congratulations! We are so happy you decided to share your Wedding Day with us here at The Rusty Pelican. We greatly appreciate your thoughtful feedback and I will be sure to pass your compliments along to the rest of the team! Thank you again!

All the best,
    Beth Hudson
    Catering Sales Manager
  • Clora

Clora black · Married on 10/05/2018

Beautiful Venue

The Rusty Pelican was a beautiful venue. I would definitely recommend it. Don and his team are amazing to work with. He keeps you on a great timeline and makes everything flow so smoothly. Sunset there is unbelievably beautiful. It was the best wedding ever.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Karin · Married on 08/29/2018

I absolutely loved my reception at The Rusty Pelican! We had our reception in the Grand Ballroom and the room and view of the bay are absolutely gorgeous and worth the money! Our guests loved the food at The Rusty Pelican, and the best part was that everyone had fun at the reception, even our 90 year-old-guests were out on the dance floor!! Well fed guests are definitely happy guests! I also can not say enough good words about our coordinator Katherine Turner!! Katherine was a delight to work with from the beginning of the wedding planning all the way to the day of the wedding. Katherine, you are a gem and excellent at what you do!

My husband and I got married on January 27, 2018 and for Valentines Day this year my first choice was going back to the Rusty Pelican because of all of the good memories from the wedding! Definitely check out The Rusty Pelican if you're looking for an amazing venue. :)

Sent on 03/04/2018
    The Rusty Pelican 18

Alissa · Married on 07/13/2018

The Rusty Pelican is an amazing venue. I had an amazing wedding and couldn't have been happier. The food was amazing and all my guests enjoyed it. They have great vendors to work with. I worked with Edward and he was a life saver.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Amanda · Married on 05/27/2018

I got married at the Rusty Pelican over Memorial Day weekend and it was the most beautiful wedding I could ever have asked for. I knew from the moment I stepped foot on the property that it was my wedding venue. We worked with Edward Reynoso who was the most amazing coordinator. He was very patient and worked with us every step of the way. I honestly felt like he was family by the time the wedding came around. The cocktail hour was amazing, the food was a huge hit and everything was set up and decorated so beautifully. Tropical Storm Alberto came through Tampa on the day of my wedding and Edward allowed us to make the decision about an hour or so before the wedding about whether we should move inside or not and that was amazing because you never know what is going on with Florida weather. Alberto ended up clearing out and we had a beautiful, sunny wedding outside by the bay. At the reception, as my husband and I greeted and thanked all of our guests, everyone could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue and how delicious the food was. One of my coworkers got married at the Don Cesar Hotel in St. Pete Beach and he said he wished he had known about the Rusty Pelican before because he would have selected it as his wedding venue instead! The biggest of thank you's to Edward and Carlos and all of the staff. It was amazing that they whisked my husband and I into a private room during cocktail hour and gave us a private 10 minutes together. We were able to eat the appetizers which were served at cocktail hour and have a drink. It was a beautiful moment we shared together, away from all of our guests and the wedding party, just before the reception. I didn't think I would need that moment with my husband but with the hustle and bustle of the wedding day, it is so special that they give the newlywed couple such a private moment. I would highly recommend the Rusty Pelican to any couples looking for a wedding venue. You cannot beat the views, the food and the staff.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Desiree · Married on 03/24/2018

The Rusty Pelican is the perfect place for your wedding. We had both our ceremony and reception at the Rusty Pelican. They are so professional and every detail was perfect. Our favorite part was their attentiveness to my husband and I. They made sure we ate, that everything with our Reception was in its location and to perfection. The food was amazing and our guest raved about how delicious it was. I have heard horror stories from couples who stated they didn't get to eat or drink, and the venue and caterers were unable to manage things so that it went smoothly, but this is not the case with the Rusty Pelican. They even had someone help me bussel my dress, as I did not have any bridesmaids and I didn't want to pull my mom from cocktail hour. They were amazing to work with.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Tineisa · Married on 03/17/2018

The Rusty Pelican was so beautiful and the staff was so friendly and professional.. I want to give a special shout out to my wedding coordinator there, Don, went above and beyond to make sure that I didn't worry about anything. He handled everything with precision and finesse. He made sure everyone was in place and ready to go. The food was catered by Rusty Pelican and got rave reviews from all my guests and of course my husband and I LOVED it too...And the building is sooooo beautiful!!!! Thank you Rusty Pelican for everything!!!

Sent on 04/10/2018

Alyssa · Married on 03/16/2018

We looked at so many venues. This venue was perfect for us! We worked with Don for our wedding coordinator. He is very organized and helps you to stay organized. Everything was amazing! Everyone is still raving about how beautiful our wedding was and how delicious the food was!

Sent on 03/20/2018

Maritsa · Married on 02/03/2018

I fell in love with this venue from the moment I walked through the doors. When you pull up to the Rusty Pelican you are at first a bit thrown off. The front entrance looks more beachy than what you would expect from a formal wedding venue, but as soon as you walk the wooden stair way to the grand fireplace that greets you at the top; you are in a different world completely. The inside is gorgeous with its rich deep cherry wood floors, ceiling beams, and walls. Its romantic, luxurious, and very inviting. The grand ballroom where our wedding took place has a breathtaking view of the ocean and city lights across the bay. If that was not enough the food was to die for. We decided on the buffet option and were not disappointed. The appetizers were amazing as well, and I had guests coming up to me all night telling me how much they enjoyed everything. Don was our wedding coordinator for the venue and he is a no nonsense very straight forward kinda guy who tells you exactly what is needed to be done. Which is great when you get so consumed in all the wedding planning you start to lose your mind and forget what day of the week it is. The staff on the wedding night were AMAZING! I was so impressed by the service they gave us from start to finish. They were so accommodation to our guests. We had a child attend who had food allergies that we did not know about ahead of time, and they were able to special make him a dinner without a moments notice. Every time my now husband and I got off the dance floor there was one of the staff there with a cold glass of water for us (much appreciated). Don went out of his way to make everything run smoothly and we did not have to worry about a thing the day of. I loved this venue and would highly recommend any bride at the very least go take a look. It would be impossible not to fall in love with it.

Sent on 02/08/2018

Michael · Married on 12/18/2017

We would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to the Rusty Pelican restaurant, for the magnificent service that was provided for my spouse and me. The incredible staff at the Rusty Pelican allowed us to celebrate an oustanding and exceptional wedding reception on Saturday. The 24th of March 2018.

The initial meeting with Edward Reynoso started us on a wonderful experience. Edward provided a complete detailed explanation, in order for us to plan the most incredible and spectacular celebration. He helped us plan every item, including the vendors to match our taste that would lead to our expectations of a successful evening.

We would like to give special kudos to the serving Captain Mannwell (also known as Manny). He was professional, kind, receptive, extremely efficient and attentive to every detail. There was nothing that was too much for him to supply or do. Captain Manny deserves an extra accommodation on his expert service and professional and kind attention.

Our guests were extremely pleased with the venue, as well as the incredible service and delicious taste of the food. I’m sure they will be back. We definitely will be frequenting the Rusty Pelican. Again, many thanks to Edward Reynoso and to Captain Manny for making us feel so very special and for providing the most
    exquisite evening!!!

With overwhelming thankfulness ,

The Westons

Sent on 03/25/2018

Erika · Married on 11/11/2017

There is no better place to have your wedding/reception in the Tampa area. They are by far the best bang for your buck and have a wonderful team! We booked the venue a little more than a year before our wedding, and went through three staff changes in that time, but I never felt short changed or like they didn't know what was going on. Katherine was our co-ordiantor for the day and she made everything easy. We had a destination wedding, so I was bringing in several things for the reception the day before. She remembered everything and made our day perfect!

All of our guests said it was the best wedding food they had ever had. Everything was amazing the day of. We loved that they offered a private moment for my husband and I in a separate room where they brought us some of our pass appetizers so they made sure we ate before the reception began.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Rusty Pelican. The know what they are doing and they do it well!

Sent on 11/24/2017

Brittany · Married on 09/16/2017

"Worth every penny!" .... and this is SO true when it comes to working with Don and the rest of the staff from the Rusty Pelican. Don was so helpful and kept me stress-free during the whole planning process (even when hurricane Irma was coming straight to Tampa Bay). When he says you don't need a coordinator, he’s not kidding! He helped with vendors, hotel accommodations, and ensured the day went off without a hitch. The Rusty Pelican was the perfect spot for our wedding day from the personal décor touches, amazing food, and view to the friendly staff!! I would highly recommend working with the Rusty Pelican Staff for your special day! Thank you!!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Vannesa · Married on 06/17/2017

Katherine and Michael are the best they made everything so easy especially since we had a destination wedding

Sent on 06/29/2017

Kara · Married on 03/25/2017

If I could give this place 10 stars, I would! We used them for our rehearsal dinner, and it literally could not have been easier or more fantastic to deal with. They offer wedding services, and if we hadn't gotten married elsewhere it would have been here!! The food was AMAZING and everyone raved about how good the food and service was. The staff is the best and were a dream to work and plan with. The restaurant itself is gorgeous with amazing on-water views and floor to ceiling windows; they have an amazing wine selection to boot. If you are in search of a venue, this is the place!!

Sent on 04/15/2017
  • The Future Mrs. Janssen

Emily · Married on 03/25/2017

If you are looking for a beautiful view and great view for your guests, look no further than the The Rusty Pelican. It was an amazing venue to host our ceremony and reception. The outside gazebo space was beautiful, especially at sunset when we got married. If at all possible, try to have our wedding timed around sunset. The sun was in the perfect location for our guest and our photographer. Our reception started with an amazing cocktail hour with a wide variety of food so no one was too hungry while waiting for us to complete our pictures. Don made his venue better than I could of dreamed. He provided extra touches that I never would of thought of, but they made the reception space absolutely gorgeous. Don was amazing during the planning process. He made sure all my questions were answered and helped make the wedding planning process no stress. At the reception, Norma introduced herself to us and was absolutely perfect. She took care of anything we needed during the night. She made sure we had a quiet moment to take everything in before the official start of the reception. She was so sweet and you can tell she genuinely cared about how we were doing. Our guests are still telling us how much they enjoyed the food and drinks at the wedding. Of course we didn't eat a ton on the day, but we had our leftover they next day and they were to die for! You cannot go wrong with picking the Rusty Pelican for your wedding! It was an amazing day thanks to Don, Norma, and the rest of the Rusty Pelican staff! Thanks to all that made our day a day we will never forget!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Bridget · Married on 03/22/2017

The rusty pelican is amazing. Mike Jessup did an amazing job helping me with everything I needed.

Sent on 04/05/2017