The Rusty Pelican Reviews

The Rusty Pelican 6
The Rusty Pelican 7
  • May

MAYLINN L AVILES · Married on 02/22/2019

Amazing Venue! Amazing location! Amazing Staff!

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at the Rusty Pelican on 2/22/2019. Don Valente and his team were incredible. Our special day was one we'll never forget. Our guests are still sending us their wonderful comments on the event. Again thank you all at Rusty Pelican! Would highly recommend this venue for your special occasion.

The Rusty Pelican 8
    The Rusty Pelican 13
  • Kyle

Kyle · Married on 11/04/2018

Amazing, amazing, amazing!

This venue was absolutely amazing. Not only are the views stunning, but Don handled everything from the timing to the placement and guided us through the process. With everything from the linens to the alcohol included, it took so much of the pressure off of us when it came to planning, which was a huge help as neither of us had planned a wedding or an event of this size before! Everyone said how amazing it was and I have absolutely no regrets.

Sent on 11/16/2018

The Rusty Pelican's reply:

Hello Kyle!

Thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback and CONGRATULATIONS to you!! We were thrilled to have been a part of your special day and hope you'll be back to visit us again very soon!

Best,
    Beth Hudson
    Catering Sales Manager

Brittany · Married on 10/26/2018

Don is amazing!

From being to the end the Rusty Pelican and Don my coordinator was amazing! Don was easy to work with and made sure my wedding was perfect! Everyone raves about the food and open bar along with how smooth everything ran. I can’t thank him and the staff ( bartenders, the captain of the room and all the waitstaff) enough for a perfect day! My husband and I even had a caption of the room to make sure we had fun and everything we needed! I don’t think we could of asked for a better venue.

Sent on 11/09/2018

The Rusty Pelican's reply:

Hello Brittany,

Congratulations! We are so happy you decided to share your Wedding Day with us here at The Rusty Pelican. We greatly appreciate your thoughtful feedback and I will be sure to pass your compliments along to the rest of the team! Thank you again!

All the best,
    Beth Hudson
    Catering Sales Manager
  • Clora

Clora black · Married on 10/05/2018

Beautiful Venue

The Rusty Pelican was a beautiful venue. I would definitely recommend it. Don and his team are amazing to work with. He keeps you on a great timeline and makes everything flow so smoothly. Sunset there is unbelievably beautiful. It was the best wedding ever.

Karin · Married on 08/29/2018

I absolutely loved my reception at The Rusty Pelican! We had our reception in the Grand Ballroom and the room and view of the bay are absolutely gorgeous and worth the money! Our guests loved the food at The Rusty Pelican, and the best part was that everyone had fun at the reception, even our 90 year-old-guests were out on the dance floor!! Well fed guests are definitely happy guests! I also can not say enough good words about our coordinator Katherine Turner!! Katherine was a delight to work with from the beginning of the wedding planning all the way to the day of the wedding. Katherine, you are a gem and excellent at what you do!

My husband and I got married on January 27, 2018 and for Valentines Day this year my first choice was going back to the Rusty Pelican because of all of the good memories from the wedding! Definitely check out The Rusty Pelican if you're looking for an amazing venue. :)

The Rusty Pelican 14

Alissa · Married on 07/13/2018

The Rusty Pelican is an amazing venue. I had an amazing wedding and couldn't have been happier. The food was amazing and all my guests enjoyed it. They have great vendors to work with. I worked with Edward and he was a life saver.

Amanda · Married on 05/27/2018

I got married at the Rusty Pelican over Memorial Day weekend and it was the most beautiful wedding I could ever have asked for. I knew from the moment I stepped foot on the property that it was my wedding venue. We worked with Edward Reynoso who was the most amazing coordinator. He was very patient and worked with us every step of the way. I honestly felt like he was family by the time the wedding came around. The cocktail hour was amazing, the food was a huge hit and everything was set up and decorated so beautifully. Tropical Storm Alberto came through Tampa on the day of my wedding and Edward allowed us to make the decision about an hour or so before the wedding about whether we should move inside or not and that was amazing because you never know what is going on with Florida weather. Alberto ended up clearing out and we had a beautiful, sunny wedding outside by the bay. At the reception, as my husband and I greeted and thanked all of our guests, everyone could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue and how delicious the food was. One of my coworkers got married at the Don Cesar Hotel in St. Pete Beach and he said he wished he had known about the Rusty Pelican before because he would have selected it as his wedding venue instead! The biggest of thank you's to Edward and Carlos and all of the staff. It was amazing that they whisked my husband and I into a private room during cocktail hour and gave us a private 10 minutes together. We were able to eat the appetizers which were served at cocktail hour and have a drink. It was a beautiful moment we shared together, away from all of our guests and the wedding party, just before the reception. I didn't think I would need that moment with my husband but with the hustle and bustle of the wedding day, it is so special that they give the newlywed couple such a private moment. I would highly recommend the Rusty Pelican to any couples looking for a wedding venue. You cannot beat the views, the food and the staff.

Desiree · Married on 03/24/2018

The Rusty Pelican is the perfect place for your wedding. We had both our ceremony and reception at the Rusty Pelican. They are so professional and every detail was perfect. Our favorite part was their attentiveness to my husband and I. They made sure we ate, that everything with our Reception was in its location and to perfection. The food was amazing and our guest raved about how delicious it was. I have heard horror stories from couples who stated they didn't get to eat or drink, and the venue and caterers were unable to manage things so that it went smoothly, but this is not the case with the Rusty Pelican. They even had someone help me bussel my dress, as I did not have any bridesmaids and I didn't want to pull my mom from cocktail hour. They were amazing to work with.

Tineisa · Married on 03/17/2018

The Rusty Pelican was so beautiful and the staff was so friendly and professional.. I want to give a special shout out to my wedding coordinator there, Don, went above and beyond to make sure that I didn't worry about anything. He handled everything with precision and finesse. He made sure everyone was in place and ready to go. The food was catered by Rusty Pelican and got rave reviews from all my guests and of course my husband and I LOVED it too...And the building is sooooo beautiful!!!! Thank you Rusty Pelican for everything!!!

Alyssa · Married on 03/16/2018

We looked at so many venues. This venue was perfect for us! We worked with Don for our wedding coordinator. He is very organized and helps you to stay organized. Everything was amazing! Everyone is still raving about how beautiful our wedding was and how delicious the food was!

Maritsa · Married on 02/03/2018

I fell in love with this venue from the moment I walked through the doors. When you pull up to the Rusty Pelican you are at first a bit thrown off. The front entrance looks more beachy than what you would expect from a formal wedding venue, but as soon as you walk the wooden stair way to the grand fireplace that greets you at the top; you are in a different world completely. The inside is gorgeous with its rich deep cherry wood floors, ceiling beams, and walls. Its romantic, luxurious, and very inviting. The grand ballroom where our wedding took place has a breathtaking view of the ocean and city lights across the bay. If that was not enough the food was to die for. We decided on the buffet option and were not disappointed. The appetizers were amazing as well, and I had guests coming up to me all night telling me how much they enjoyed everything. Don was our wedding coordinator for the venue and he is a no nonsense very straight forward kinda guy who tells you exactly what is needed to be done. Which is great when you get so consumed in all the wedding planning you start to lose your mind and forget what day of the week it is. The staff on the wedding night were AMAZING! I was so impressed by the service they gave us from start to finish. They were so accommodation to our guests. We had a child attend who had food allergies that we did not know about ahead of time, and they were able to special make him a dinner without a moments notice. Every time my now husband and I got off the dance floor there was one of the staff there with a cold glass of water for us (much appreciated). Don went out of his way to make everything run smoothly and we did not have to worry about a thing the day of. I loved this venue and would highly recommend any bride at the very least go take a look. It would be impossible not to fall in love with it.

Michael · Married on 12/18/2017

We would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to the Rusty Pelican restaurant, for the magnificent service that was provided for my spouse and me. The incredible staff at the Rusty Pelican allowed us to celebrate an oustanding and exceptional wedding reception on Saturday. The 24th of March 2018.

The initial meeting with Edward Reynoso started us on a wonderful experience. Edward provided a complete detailed explanation, in order for us to plan the most incredible and spectacular celebration. He helped us plan every item, including the vendors to match our taste that would lead to our expectations of a successful evening.

We would like to give special kudos to the serving Captain Mannwell (also known as Manny). He was professional, kind, receptive, extremely efficient and attentive to every detail. There was nothing that was too much for him to supply or do. Captain Manny deserves an extra accommodation on his expert service and professional and kind attention.

Our guests were extremely pleased with the venue, as well as the incredible service and delicious taste of the food. I’m sure they will be back. We definitely will be frequenting the Rusty Pelican. Again, many thanks to Edward Reynoso and to Captain Manny for making us feel so very special and for providing the most
    exquisite evening!!!

With overwhelming thankfulness ,

The Westons

Erika · Married on 11/11/2017

There is no better place to have your wedding/reception in the Tampa area. They are by far the best bang for your buck and have a wonderful team! We booked the venue a little more than a year before our wedding, and went through three staff changes in that time, but I never felt short changed or like they didn't know what was going on. Katherine was our co-ordiantor for the day and she made everything easy. We had a destination wedding, so I was bringing in several things for the reception the day before. She remembered everything and made our day perfect!

All of our guests said it was the best wedding food they had ever had. Everything was amazing the day of. We loved that they offered a private moment for my husband and I in a separate room where they brought us some of our pass appetizers so they made sure we ate before the reception began.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Rusty Pelican. The know what they are doing and they do it well!

Brittany · Married on 09/16/2017

"Worth every penny!" .... and this is SO true when it comes to working with Don and the rest of the staff from the Rusty Pelican. Don was so helpful and kept me stress-free during the whole planning process (even when hurricane Irma was coming straight to Tampa Bay). When he says you don't need a coordinator, he’s not kidding! He helped with vendors, hotel accommodations, and ensured the day went off without a hitch. The Rusty Pelican was the perfect spot for our wedding day from the personal décor touches, amazing food, and view to the friendly staff!! I would highly recommend working with the Rusty Pelican Staff for your special day! Thank you!!

Vannesa · Married on 06/17/2017

Katherine and Michael are the best they made everything so easy especially since we had a destination wedding

Kara · Married on 03/25/2017

If I could give this place 10 stars, I would! We used them for our rehearsal dinner, and it literally could not have been easier or more fantastic to deal with. They offer wedding services, and if we hadn't gotten married elsewhere it would have been here!! The food was AMAZING and everyone raved about how good the food and service was. The staff is the best and were a dream to work and plan with. The restaurant itself is gorgeous with amazing on-water views and floor to ceiling windows; they have an amazing wine selection to boot. If you are in search of a venue, this is the place!!

• The Future Mrs. Janssen

Emily · Married on 03/25/2017

If you are looking for a beautiful view and great view for your guests, look no further than the The Rusty Pelican. It was an amazing venue to host our ceremony and reception. The outside gazebo space was beautiful, especially at sunset when we got married. If at all possible, try to have our wedding timed around sunset. The sun was in the perfect location for our guest and our photographer. Our reception started with an amazing cocktail hour with a wide variety of food so no one was too hungry while waiting for us to complete our pictures. Don made his venue better than I could of dreamed. He provided extra touches that I never would of thought of, but they made the reception space absolutely gorgeous. Don was amazing during the planning process. He made sure all my questions were answered and helped make the wedding planning process no stress. At the reception, Norma introduced herself to us and was absolutely perfect. She took care of anything we needed during the night. She made sure we had a quiet moment to take everything in before the official start of the reception. She was so sweet and you can tell she genuinely cared about how we were doing. Our guests are still telling us how much they enjoyed the food and drinks at the wedding. Of course we didn't eat a ton on the day, but we had our leftover they next day and they were to die for! You cannot go wrong with picking the Rusty Pelican for your wedding! It was an amazing day thanks to Don, Norma, and the rest of the Rusty Pelican staff! Thanks to all that made our day a day we will never forget!

Bridget · Married on 03/22/2017

The rusty pelican is amazing. Mike Jessup did an amazing job helping me with everything I needed.

Amy · Married on 03/19/2017

I cannot put into words how perfect our wedding day was, because of this venue! From start to finish, everything was amazing. Katherine Turner was my coordinator, and she always answered every single question I had, met me whenever I needed a face to face visit with her, and ensured our ceremony went off without a hitch. Lisa, our reception lady in charge, was amazing. From making sure my husband and I got a moment to ourselves with some champagne and hors d'oeuvres, from making sure we both were fed first and making sure all of our guests were happy throughout the entire evening, I just can't say enough good things about the people involved and the site in general! We could not be happier that this was our venue for our most special day. Thank you Katherine, Lisa, and The Rusty Pelican!

Melissa · Married on 03/17/2017

The Rusty Pelican was such an amazing place to have our wedding. The views alone make this place absolutely beautiful. We had our ceremony outside at the Gazebo, with the reception in the Grand Ballroom! Every step of the way was easy and fun to deal with for this venue. We had Michael as our coordinator, and he was always very helpful and answered all of our questions! The staff the day of the wedding is absolutely amazing. I cannot say enough about how smooth everything ran. There was absolutely no stress! They make sure everything runs according to plan, and everything is exactly how you wanted it. They work well with the vendors too! Norma was the lady in the reception that took care of us, and she was AMAZING! She always made sure me and the groom were well taken care of! If you are thinking of a nice place to have your wedding, where you don't have to worry about too much then I Highly recommend this venue! All of our guests had a great time and they have all commented on how great the venue was! Also, the FOOD! Absolutely incredible! I have had multiple people tell me that was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! so Tasty!

Nicole · Married on 03/04/2017

The Rusty Pelican was the perfect spot for my husband and I. We looked at some many different venues and couldn't find that perfect one until we went to the rusty pelican. Don was so helpful and keeping me organized during the whole planning process. The venue itself is beautiful and they have a variety of rooms that you an choose from. My husband and I wanted an outside water ceremony but didn't want our guest to have to be in sand. This was the perfect spot as we got the best of both worlds. The food and drinks were fantastic and the tasting they offer is a great experience to meet other people and getting information from them as well. Thank you Rusty Pelican for making our wedding day so special!

Michelle · Married on 02/17/2017

Best wedding venue ever! I highly recommend! In fact I just got married last night in the grand ballroom and couldn't wait to write a review. You want Don as coordinator. He will get the job done right. Norma was fabulous and took care of us the whole night as our server! Absolutely the best. Then be sure to book, Arlene floral designs, Frank Lebano and Photo Announce It!!!! Amazing..Exceeded expectations.

Rhonda · Married on 12/18/2016

Planning a wedding is certainly a lot of work, but the staff at The Rusty Pelican make it so much easier. They provide you with a list of preferred vendors and our Rusty Pelcian catering manager, Michael Jessup was very helpful, always willing to provide answers to our questions along the way. On the day of the ceremony, he made sure all of our vendors were there and set up appropriately. He also made sure the family and wedding party knew exactly where to be and what to do for the ceremony. The setting for ceremony was beautiful as were the rooms for cocktail hour and the reception. The food was fantastic and the service by the wait staff captain and his team were flawless. Everything was so well taken care of that we were able to relax and just enjoy the day. We couldn't be happier and are so thankful that we chose The Rusty Pelican for our special day!

Lori · Married on 10/15/2016

My daughter was married at Rusty Pelican on 10/15 and I can say everything was beautiful. When Don tells you don't worry he has everything under control, he does. We had some special requests that were never an issue. The locations is beautiful and the service was outstanding. Every guest said it was the best weddings they have ever attended. The food was great and so was the service, especially the person assigned to my daughter and son-in-law. She was outstanding and so attentive to their every need without being intrusive. I would highly recommend Rusty Pelican and Don. He has got his stuff together.